Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E20: Dead or Alive

• Start Topic

UGH.    Stop with the CM and Josh being the greatest captain since his own dad.   Who wasn't the greatest captain EVAH either.

So they found a way to get the Hillstrands on without putting their boat on.   Interesting.   

Is it me or are the seasons getting longer?   I swear this used to be done by end of July, not Labor Day.

• Love 3
On 9/2/2019 at 7:23 AM, merylinkid said:

UGH.    Stop with the CM and Josh being the greatest captain since his own dad.   Who wasn't the greatest captain EVAH either.

I'd rather see Mandy and Sig, to be quite honest.    Casey and He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named put their crew at risk for a stupid bet.  When they get exhausted, they make silly mistakes and get hurt.  The goal of a professional operation would be to fill their quota in a fast and safe manner.  That's not what those nitwits are doing.  Josh made a stupid decision with the crane, as well.

Jake is lucky that Hillstrand (forgot his first name) joined as the engineer.  They had a real mess going.

• Love 4

I am so proud of Jake Anderson right now.  He fired the old awful crew and got some guys that are actually good and made a lot of good decisions this season and finished strong.  And his kids are adorable. I loved the 'these skills don't work at home' scene.

The less CM the better. I like Casey but Josh is a turd who acts all big boss but doesn't do anything at all except steer the boat and make questionable decisions. He'd be screwed without Casey.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

I am so proud of Jake Anderson right now.  He fired the old awful crew and got some guys that are actually good and made a lot of good decisions this season and finished strong.  And his kids are adorable. I loved the 'these skills don't work at home' scene.

The less CM the better. I like Casey but Josh is a turd who acts all big boss but doesn't do anything at all except steer the boat and make questionable decisions. He'd be screwed without Casey.

Lots less screaming too.    Hmmm, if you hire good people, you don't have to scream.   Amazing how that works.   That "these skills don't work at home" was hilarious.    Why he wants to buy the piece of crap Saga I don't know.   There's a reason a piece of it is for sale, when the new owner just bought it from Druggie a couple years ago.   Although, how did the Captain, who is not a bad engineer himself not know there was water all through the fuel lines?

• Love 3
4 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Although, how did the Captain, who is not a bad engineer himself not know there was water all through the fuel lines?

That was exactly my thought.  Why didn't Jake or the former engineer notice?

• Love 2

I, too, was stunned at the fouling of the Saga fuel lines.  I was further very curious to see no emotional reaction whatsoever from Jake.  Nothing about how horrible it would have been to be at sea with mno propulsion.  No oversized gratitude to the new engineer who saved their bacon.  Nothing about the dude who had to split because his significant other was in jail.  Did he shortchange procedures because he was so worried about the home front?  Nothing from Jake on any of this.  Weird.  Disco edit monkeys at play again with a manufactured crisis?

Poor Mouse.  There is no way he can fill those tanks and make the cannery deadline.  Unless, of course, we were lied to about the parameters of that trip.  I get that an extra trip would cost them.  $20K in the operational budget with the quota Keith has acquired?  That's a Happy Meal.

The encounter with that huge trawler was genuinely perilous.  There should have been graphics showing us the narrow channel and the movements of the F/Vs and the tides, winds, etc.   What I did not understand was why Mouse did not go flank reverse earlier.

• Love 1