Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E08A1: Reunion Part 1

druzy
  • Start Topic

Cate and Tyler sit down with Brandon and Theresa for the first time in a decade; Ryan speaks on his addiction while Maci defends her choice to keep the restraining order on him; Mackenzie and her family share their unimaginable battle.

Airs September 2, 2019

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Wow, MTV seriously whitewashed that whole segment with Catelynn/Tyler and Brandon/Teresa.  No one seemed very comfortable and there was almost no actual content or discussion there.  I’m sure B&T had some pretty serious ground rules going in, but still.  If I were them, I don’t think I would have done this.

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • Love 14

This is the most coherent, focused, and communicative I’ve seen Rhine . . . ever.  It’s refreshing.  I sincerely hope he gets it together.  He’s a very good-looking guy (not that that’s everything, but it’s sure something) and seems to be able to express himself decently.  Come on Rhine, I’m pulling for you, you big lug!

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Cory just seems so camera conscious. He always says all the right things. 

I knew Tyler was still holding out hope for that boy. Poor Catelynn. 

Catelynn dropping hints about Carly being a babysitter...I have no words. 

Let's be real - everyone tuned into this reunion for B&T. And it was a major puff piece. If I wanted to stroll down memory lane, I'd just watch the old episodes. Why was there no discussion of the most recent trip, lack of communication over the past few years, etc?

It's insane, to me, that MacKenzie's mom is sitting uptight with all the cancer that's ravaging her body. I wish her the very best. 

Ryan still has the buggy eyes. Maybe it's a residual effect of all the drugs? 

I can't believe he has the nerve to call his daughter a "handful". What does he think HE'S been over the years? He's clearly still living in denial. He thinks his lack of relationship with Bentley is all Maci's fault and has nothing to do with his addiction. He's a joke. 

• Love 15

Yeah I thought Catelynn looked tense during their segment with B&T. I didn't really care for it or tune in just for that. She seemed like "oh I have to pretend to be happy, but giving up Carly is the major reason why I've been messed up over the years." Idk.

I was annoyed with Dr. Drew throughout. And with Mackenzie, so what if she was dissociating or whatever. Maybe she didn't want to break down in front of that whole audience and everyone. It's obvious that it's hard on her, she's going through that everyday of her life. I cried for her. She didn't have to display it just for them or the show. I don't even like crying in front of people I know, let alone a bunch of strangers. 

• Love 14
18 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I was annoyed with Dr. Drew throughout. And with Mackenzie, so what if she was dissociating or whatever. Maybe she didn't want to break down in front of that whole audience and everyone. It's obvious that it's hard on her, she's going through that everyday of her life. I cried for her. She didn't have to display it just for them or the show. I don't even like crying in front of people I know, let alone a bunch of strangers. 

I was annoyed that Dr. Drew went in on Mackenzie about her mother's diagnosis while whitewashing everything Catelynn and Tyler/Brandon and Teresa. Though I do hope that Mackenzie has someone to lean on and talk to besides her lump of a husband. Are they even still together?

1 hour ago, Psycho Suzy said:

I miss that 16 year old sweet Cate who was so passionate about wanting a better life for her child and was so easy to root for.  I really, really don't like the Cate we have now. At. All. 

This. So much of this. I was rooting for 16 year old Cate and even Tyler at that time as well. Now I just hope their kids get out unscathed, which I doubt.

I wish Butch would get his act together.

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I can't believe he has the nerve to call his daughter a "handful". What does he think HE'S been over the years? He's clearly still living in denial. He thinks his lack of relationship with Bentley is all Maci's fault and has nothing to do with his addiction. He's a joke. 

I agree. I was hoping Dr. Drew or really anyone would really go in on him about saying his lack of relationship with Bentley is all Maci's fault. I hated that everyone was so appalled that Maci was keeping the order of protection. I have my issues with Maci, but I do think she is one of the better moms of the bunch. Yeah, I know it is a low bar, but overall I think Maci is a pretty decent mom or at least tries to be.

I dread the inevitable glossing over of all things Amber next week. They will probably drag Gary and Kristina out to say complimentary things about Amber, which they basically have to do to keep things amicable. 

• Love 20
2 hours ago, Psycho Suzy said:

Was just me, or did Cate have a bitchy/rude look on her face the entire segment? She seems very uppity and entitled lately. I miss that 16 year old sweet Cate 

Yes Cate’s body language and facial expressions were very rude. She did not seem to want to have anything to do with B and T. Tyler did all the talking and Cate had a mad annoyed look on her face. 

I too was very disappointed that they did not use the time to settle any of the issues about communication between the two families. I was hoping that B and T would take the opportunity to explain their (apparent)  reluctance to have much contact with C and T. I wish they could have spoken directly to C and T  to make it clear to them that B and T are Carly’s parents now, and  they have to think about her best interests now. 

• Love 11

B&T probably came alone.  They didn’t bring Carly to visit her birth parents.

This is why Cate & Tyler had sour faces.

Yall....I was almost sucked in.  I was screaming.....give Carly back!

But, then I came to my senses.

Cate & Tyler do not know how to be parents.

I remembered how Cate treated Nova when she would leave for her extended Spa Vacations. How Nova does not live in a clean home and never has her hair brushed.

Then Cate popped up, pregnant all while having marriage problems.

How Cate  thought about butchering her own innocent child!

ok.....keep Carly away from them!!!

They are still entitled twats.  I hate how they always say....oh....we ARE her real family.  These are her REAL sisters.  

Then they wonder why B&T do the least when dealing with them!

• Love 4

I hate to say this, but I agree with Maci.  Rhine needs to have real consequences for saying he is going to shoot someone in the head.  He is too old to be making threats.  No consequences for his bad behavior might be the reason he is where he is.   Who knows? 

• Love 24
13 hours ago, Psycho Suzy said:

I was so disappointed by the Brandon/Teresa segment. I wanted them to light into Tyler and Cate for being late to the zoo, and probably the first day too. I wanted them to talk about Tyler posting pictures and information about Carly when they'd been explicitly told not to. Basically nothing was said of any significance. It was a meaningless little puff piece.  Was just me, or did Cate have a bitchy/rude look on her face the entire segment? She seems very uppity and entitled lately. I miss that 16 year old sweet Cate who was so passionate about wanting a better life for her child and was so easy to root for.  I really, really don't like the Cate we have now. At. All. 

YES YES YES to all of this!!! I felt the same exact way about Cate! She sat there all snarky and smarmy with not one kind word to say to Teresa and Brandon...not one thank you for all they've done for Carly or even a thanks for spending an entire weekend with them so they could see Carly. She just sat there with that heavily made up face and hair extensions and as you said a "bitchy/rude look on her face"...These two slackers are the most entitled jerks I've ever seen. The 2019 Cate is a spoiled brat. I can't believe these two are entertaining the idea of a third child when neither of them have jobs and have never worked. I guess they think this Teen Mom thing is going to go on forever.  Both are ungrateful little shits.

• Love 17
17 minutes ago, SuzWhat said:

I hate to say this, but I agree with Maci.  Rhine needs to have real consequences for saying he is going to shoot someone in the head.  He is too old to be making threats.  No consequences for his bad behavior might be the reason he is where he is.   Who knows? 

Ryan has been enabled by his parents his entire life. ...especially by the mother. It's pathetic and sad. He has never been held accountable for his behavior by his parents and he never takes any ownership of the awful things he's said and done. Mackenzie is now doing the same thing. Everything is Maci's fault. He threatens to shoot Taylor...Maci's fault. 

Maci is dealing him some tough love...something his parents never did. It's sad that this loser with no job and no apparent moral compass is going to be the father of three. Would it be so hard for him to apologize to Bentley for the stuff he's done and the things he's said that were threatening? Even if he had to do it through a lawyer it would be a big step forward in repairing a broken relationship. But he's not interested in that...he just wants to blame Maci for all his problems and poor relationship with Bentley. And now he has a wife that is quite willing to align herself with him in this regard. 

Also...I think Ryan looked gaunt and scary skinny. He's lost a ton of weight. I would not be surprised at all if he relapses at some point...he will never be able to deal with a toddler and a newborn. He can't deal with any kind of adult responsibility.

Edited by kicksave
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, kicksave said:

Ryan has been enabled by his parents his entire life. ...especially by the mother. It's pathetic and sad. He has never been held accountable for his behavior by his parents and he never takes any ownership of the awful things he's said and done. Mackenzie is now doing the same thing. Everything is Maci's fault. He threatens to shoot Taylor...Maci's fault. 

Maci is dealing him some tough love...something his parents never did. It's sad that this loser with no job and no apparent moral compass is going to be the father of three. Would it be so hard for him to apologize to Bentley for the stuff he's done and the things he's said that were threatening? Even if he had to do it through a lawyer it would be a big step forward in repairing a broken relationship. But he's not interested in that...he just wants to blame Maci for all his problems and poor relationship with Bentley. And now he has a wife that is quite willing to align herself with him in this regard. 

Yes, you said it!  Preach.   He evens says in one clip when he does see Bently his mom steps in.  Whatever that means.  He is not even grown enough to tell his mom he needs to have a private conversation.  That is her fault in his mind.   If he is on supervised visits, he can still ask her to refrain from talking while he is talking with Bently.   Jeez.  

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, SuzWhat said:

Yes, you said it!  Preach.   He evens says in one clip when he does see Bently his mom steps in.  Whatever that means.  He is not even grown enough to tell his mom he needs to have a private conversation.  That is her fault in his mind.   If he is on supervised visits, he can still ask her to refrain from talking while he is talking with Bently.   Jeez.  

That's just his excuse for not having the balls to talk to his son...he probably loves his Mommy jumping in to divert the conversation. He's a weak, spineless Mama's boy.

• Love 14
11 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

Yall....I was almost sucked in.  I was screaming.....give Carly back!

That's not a thing, though.  There is no giving back in adoption.  No matter what.  Is there a misconception out there that after a few years, you give the kid back? 

• Love 16
41 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

That's not a thing, though.  There is no giving back in adoption.  No matter what.  Is there a misconception out there that after a few years, you give the kid back? 

Making lots of $$ and earning reality fame based on your decision to adopt your baby out, then taking the baby back - I guess that's what is known as having your cake and eating it too. 

Actually, there was a very famous case in Ann Arbor, MI several years ago where a couple adopted a baby girl and by the time the baby was two the birth mother had a change of heart and wanted the baby back.  A judge ordered the baby to be returned to it's biological mother.  This was NOT an open adoption, so this couple had to hand over the child to a person she had never seen before.  It was heartwrenching. 

• Useful 3
17 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

Making lots of $$ and earning reality fame based on your decision to adopt your baby out, then taking the baby back - I guess that's what is known as having your cake and eating it too. 

Actually, there was a very famous case in Ann Arbor, MI several years ago where a couple adopted a baby girl and by the time the baby was two the birth mother had a change of heart and wanted the baby back.  A judge ordered the baby to be returned to it's biological mother.  This was NOT an open adoption, so this couple had to hand over the child to a person she had never seen before.  It was heartwrenching. 

Is that the Baby Jessica case from the 90s?  I think I remember the made for tv movie.  I think that is a VERY rare case.  SO awful, heartbreaking.  I cannot imagine what the judge was thinking, and I may be wrong but I don't think it has happened since.

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Is that the Baby Jessica case from the 90s?  I think I remember the made for tv movie.  I think that is a VERY rare case.  SO awful, heartbreaking.  I cannot imagine what the judge was thinking, and I may be wrong but I don't think it has happened since.

I thought Baby Jessica was the trapped in a well baby?  

Either way, unless there was a major breach in the adoption case while it was in progress, a disrupted adoption is VERY rare.  The most common reason would be that it was determined the child was of native descent and it wasn’t disclosed in the original case.  Something had to have been misrepresented or omitted.  I’d be interested to know if it was a “private” adoption versus a state adoption.  I can see them rushing a private adoption through.

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Either way, unless there was a major breach in the adoption case while it was in progress, a disrupted adoption is VERY rare.  The most common reason would be that it was determined the child was of native descent and it wasn’t disclosed in the original case.  Something had to have been misrepresented or omitted.  I’d be interested to know if it was a “private” adoption versus a state adoption.  I can see them rushing a private adoption through.

The child was actually named Jessica DeBoer by her adoptive parents.  I'm not sure what her name is now.  If you do a Google search with that name you should be able to find more details.  Apparently it came down to the fact that the bio father was not aware of the pregnancy/birth until after the adoption was finalized.  The bio mom and dad reconciled and have since married, and wanted the child back. 

Edited to add:  I did some googling myself and it turns out that the stress of the case took its toll on all parties.  Both the adoptive and bio parents have since divorced and experienced a good bit of tragedy and bad luck.  So sad for everyone involved.

Edited by suzeecat
follow-up
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, suzeecat said:

I think, but could be wrong, that the birth parents get a certain number of days during which they can change their minds.

I thought Dickter DRew was a tad hard on Mackenzie, and I didn't want to see her break down, but she is in deep, deep, deep denial and needs to be getting some sort of counseling so she doesn't have a complete nervous breakdown upon her mum's death.

The Brandon and Theresa segment was a snooze.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, SuzWhat said:

100%. His parents have always made excuses for him, covered up for him, picked up the slack. He never has any repercussions for the crap he does. 

3 hours ago, kicksave said:

That's just his excuse for not having the balls to talk to his son...he probably loves his Mommy jumping in to divert the conversation. He's a weak, spineless Mama's boy.

Totally. Ryan has never shown an interest in Bentley. He conveniently uses his mom or Maci as an excuse for what he wants to do anyway - nothing. Even when he and Maci had their own apartment, he barely interacted with his son. I wouldn't be surprised if Mack has to bust his balls just to get him to hold Jagger for 5 minutes. 

38 minutes ago, politichick said:

I think, but could be wrong, that the birth parents get a certain number of days during which they can change their minds.

I thought Dickter DRew was a tad hard on Mackenzie, and I didn't want to see her break down, but she is in deep, deep, deep denial and needs to be getting some sort of counseling so she doesn't have a complete nervous breakdown upon her mum's death.

The Brandon and Theresa segment was a snooze.

I agree about Mackenzie. He doesn't care about these people. He works for MTV and just wants as much drama on the reunions as possible. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, geauxaway said:

Lots of Baby Jessicas making the news in the 80s and 90s!

• LOL 1
22 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

It was a very common name, LOL. I had two in my Catholic school class and we only consisted of around 20 kids. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Ha!  Right!  Thanks for the blast from the past.  My mom was a big Today show watcher and Baby Jessica in the well was a HUGE deal!  

I didn’t watch this reunion, sounds like I didn’t miss much, just more of the same old same old.

• Love 2

Carly sure hit the adoption jackpot. Good god, seeing B&T on the couch next to cheap Cate and dimwit Tyler, ugh. 

I still to this day am shocked they let Tyler walk out of the hospital with newbie Carly just resting in his arms like a loaf of bread. It looks so dangerous. He could trip and seriously harm her. When I had my babies, they always had to be transported in some type of carrier.

I liked Ryan's description of his descent into drug abuse. Maci IMO still cannot get over the fact that Ryan left her. I don't think she cares that much that Ryan acts like an uncle. He doesn't appear to care that much about her but she literally cannot shut up about him.

• Love 3

Ryan is still high. Dr. DumDum could tell, Jen could tell and Maci could tell. MacTruck doesn't care. Addicts are incredibly self centered and believe the world revolves around them. Anyone who doesn't agree is mean in their opinion. When talking about Maci and Bentley Ryan was all about Ryan. He started off correct when he stated that what Maci says about his relationship with Bentley isn't what matters. Then he lost it when he said it was what he thinks matters. Not a single mention of how Bentley feels or what Bentley thinks. Maci's restraining order is a good idea. It doesn't change the relationship with Ryan and Bentley. That has always gone thru Jen and Larry since day one. Nothing new there. Then when asked about all the time he's been missing out on his new son's life, including his birth, and his attitude is, ah nothing I can do about it. He'll be fine. When asked about his daughter who is not even born yet, his response is how hard she will be for him. He needs to disappear from the show like Adam from TM2. He is a 30 something year old man who cannot take responsibility for a single thing in his life.

• Love 14
11 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

No but I believe that at some point in carley's life she will return to Tyler and Cate.  Teen years..those rebel years or when she's old enough to choose the MTV money tree.  

She's tv gold!  

1 hour ago, mscav said:

Ryan is still high. Dr. DumDum could tell, Jen could tell and Maci could tell. MacTruck doesn't care. Addicts are incredibly self centered and believe the world revolves around them. Anyone who doesn't agree is mean in their opinion. When talking about Maci and Bentley Ryan was all about Ryan. He started off correct when he stated that what Maci says about his relationship with Bentley isn't what matters. Then he lost it when he said it was what he thinks matters. Not a single mention of how Bentley feels or what Bentley thinks. Maci's restraining order is a good idea. It doesn't change the relationship with Ryan and Bentley. That has always gone thru Jen and Larry since day one. Nothing new there. Then when asked about all the time he's been missing out on his new son's life, including his birth, and his attitude is, ah nothing I can do about it. He'll be fine. When asked about his daughter who is not even born yet, his response is how hard she will be for him. He needs to disappear from the show like Adam from TM2. He is a 30 something year old man who cannot take responsibility for a single thing in his life.

And with all that Dr drew suggests al anon for maci!!!!

Ryan is the baby and Mac will soon have three to take care of!

He was useless when Bentley was an infant and would do nothing to help maci!

He was in jail when Mac have birth and just laid on the sofa when he got out of jail!

He's useless.  He's his  mommas boy!

• Love 4

I got to watch this last night and just had to comment on Cate's mammoth chest, highlighted by millions of sequins.  Girl needs to give a shout-out to whatever company manufactures her support garments because they surely require an incredible degree of engineering!  Some mentioned that she seemed cold-faced in the Brandon/Teresa segment.  My take is she was on the verge of tears. 

Next week Dr. Drew sits down with Amber.  Did Andrew (is that his name?) get a chance to give his side?  Hmmmm . . . .

• Love 3

I'd like to see the police report re the machete!  I tend to believe Andrew since most of us recall ambers rage!

I can't believe Andrew has a new woman!  Has he always had her?

Gary and Kristina play nice to protect Leah and insure that nice MTV check they are smart enough to use to feather their nest!

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

No but I believe that at some point in carley's life she will return to Tyler and Cate.  Teen years..those rebel years or when she's old enough to choose the MTV money tree.  

She's tv gold!  

This show will be long done before any fantasy like that could take place. The real Teen Moms are on Unexpected now.

• Love 10
25 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

This show will be long done before any fantasy like that could take place. The real Teen Moms are on Unexpected now.

Agreed. You can tell just by the activity on this board. 5 comments for part 2 of the reunion? I smell cancellation.

• Love 6

Well that was boring. I felt so bad for Mackenzie's dad. I know he's not a TM so Drew was focusing more on Mackenzie and how her mom's death would affect her, but what about him? That poor man. 

Ugh Tyler's outfit. All of their outfits really. Mackenzie (not Ryan's Mac) was the only one who looked cute.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, suzeecat said:

Next week Dr. Drew sits down with Amber.  Did Andrew (is that his name?) get a chance to give his side?  Hmmmm . . . .

It was last night. I think people did not realize that part two was on the next night instead of next week. There was nothing with Andrew. Amber said basically nothing except that Andrew had a new girlfriend and that Amber has spoken to her.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

It was last night. I think people did not realize that part two was on the next night instead of next week. There was nothing with Andrew. Amber said basically nothing except that Andrew had a new girlfriend and that Amber has spoken to her.

And Amber explained she chased no body with a machiti  during her rage!  Then when proaded deeper she said because of legal she could not tell her side of some nonsense by some dark shadow we saw the backside of!!

It was sit on the end of your seat drama!  Amber at her finest.  It was interesting that  she was sitting up in a straight chair rather than laying on a sofa or bed with numerous fur throws and pillows!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Chris Knight said:

I still to this day am shocked they let Tyler walk out of the hospital with newbie Carly just resting in his arms like a loaf of bread. It looks so dangerous. He could trip and seriously harm her. When I had my babies, they always had to be transported in some type of carrier.

This is kind of random but yesterday I watched an episode of American Monster.

In it, they show home movies taken in May 1980. The mother is sitting in the front seat of the car, holding the baby in her arms, on the way home from the hospital. I was shocked to see that.  

Joshua Jenkins was adopted as a newborn baby, and his adoptive family seemed very normal- no abuse or anything.  At age 15, though, he murdered his parents, grandparents, and sister, while they were all in his home.   

https://murderpedia.org/male.J/j/jenkins-joshua.htm 

• Love 2
On 9/4/2019 at 7:01 PM, ChristmasJones said:

This is kind of random but yesterday I watched an episode of American Monster.

In it, they show home movies taken in May 1980. The mother is sitting in the front seat of the car, holding the baby in her arms, on the way home from the hospital. I was shocked to see that.  

Joshua Jenkins was adopted as a newborn baby, and his adoptive family seemed very normal- no abuse or anything.  At age 15, though, he murdered his parents, grandparents, and sister, while they were all in his home.   

https://murderpedia.org/male.J/j/jenkins-joshua.htm 

I was born in 1975.  My Mother took me home in the front seat, no seat belts on them, holding me and smoking a cigarette.  Yeah, things were different, so much different.  In 1999 when I had my son, I was wheeled out with him in my arms, but had to have his carseat with him secured in it while they were watching. 

• Love 8
On 9/4/2019 at 5:45 PM, Jaclyn88 said:

I’m trying to find the reunion on demand but I don’t see it . Anyone know why it’s not on there   With the other episodes ? 

I can't find it either on demand, so curious if anyone else has yet? 

On 9/2/2019 at 10:20 PM, Emmierose said:

Ryan is NOT clean.  

Dr. Drew sucks on a lot of levels, but you can tell by his face when Ryan speaks that he can also see that Ryan isn’t clean.   

I noticed that. He asked Ryan how his sobriety was going...Ryan said a dismissive, "Great," and Dr. Drew didn't push it. But the eyes, the inability to sit still, the dry mouth...this guy is nowhere NEAR sober. Disturbing to watch. 

• Love 7