Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E08A1: Reunion Part 1

druzy
  • Start Topic

On 9/3/2019 at 12:56 AM, mrs ra said:

Yes Cate’s body language and facial expressions were very rude. She did not seem to want to have anything to do with B and T. Tyler did all the talking and Cate had a mad annoyed look on her face. 

I too was very disappointed that they did not use the time to settle any of the issues about communication between the two families. I was hoping that B and T would take the opportunity to explain their (apparent)  reluctance to have much contact with C and T. I wish they could have spoken directly to C and T  to make it clear to them that B and T are Carly’s parents now, and  they have to think about her best interests now. 

I was hoping for more meat in that interview too, selfishly, but honestly, it's probably in Carly's best interest that reasons for witholding visits was not discussed. Who knows the reasons why...but if they have anything to do with her emotional wellbeing, which I'm sure is B&T's priority since they seem to be mature and well-intentioned parents, then they are right to protect her privacy so fiercely. Matters that sensitive should be dealt with behind closed doors when children are involved. 

• Love 8
On 9/3/2019 at 12:24 PM, SuzWhat said:

I hate to say this, but I agree with Maci.  Rhine needs to have real consequences for saying he is going to shoot someone in the head.  He is too old to be making threats.  No consequences for his bad behavior might be the reason he is where he is.   Who knows? 

Absolutely! Any therapist worth his/her salt is going to stress the importance of boundaries, consequences, nd consistency when dealing with an addict. Maci and Taylor are right to protect themselves and their children and follow through on their word. Ryan has still not earned himself any shortcuts and likely never will. I was annoyed with Dr. Drew for pressuring her on the issue, and pleased to see Taylor defending her by asking him why fixing Ryan's relationship with Bentley is HER responsibility. It's not! And good on Maci and Taylor for knowing that. Sounds like she has a good therapist. 

Ps. I'm new here but have been lurking for ages. Hi all!!! 🙂

• LOL 2
  • Love 21
On 9/4/2019 at 6:01 PM, ChristmasJones said:

This is kind of random but yesterday I watched an episode of American Monster.

In it, they show home movies taken in May 1980. The mother is sitting in the front seat of the car, holding the baby in her arms, on the way home from the hospital. I was shocked to see that.  

Joshua Jenkins was adopted as a newborn baby, and his adoptive family seemed very normal- no abuse or anything.  At age 15, though, he murdered his parents, grandparents, and sister, while they were all in his home.   

https://murderpedia.org/male.J/j/jenkins-joshua.htm 

My daughter was born in October of 1980.  I was able to carry her out in my arms to get in the car to go home back then.

• Love 4
On 9/9/2019 at 3:41 PM, Thorkim said:

My daughter was born in October of 1980.  I was able to carry her out in my arms to get in the car to go home back then.

My oldest was born in 2007 and when we visited a foreign country (I don't want to say which one and start a big debate) the car rental company looked at us like we had two heads when we asked if they had a car seat to rent. Car seats simply aren't common there. 

I was born in 1980 and I never rode in a car seat, hardly ever wore a seatbelt. I don't think most of our cars even HAD seatbelts until I was a young teen. Throughout the 80s I rode with my cousins in the back of pickups, sat in my grandmother's lap, would frequently move from front to back while the car was in motion, etc. My mom didn't own a carseat until her grandchildren were born. 

• Love 8