Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E14: Nauti Girls Need Love Too

• Start Topic

Guests aren't as impressed with Ben's first dinner as he'd hoped; Anastasia struggles to adjust back to her previous role; Travis stews over losing Jack to Aesha; a sudden burst of wind sends the deck team scrambling.

Airs September 2, 2019.

Getting falling down blind drunk is a great way to show you don't have a problem with alcohol, Travis.

Are these guests like "The Real Housewives"?  Never seen any of it.  "BTW, I fucked your ex-husband" - keeping it classy!

More cold food.

• Love 14

Travis becomes more unprofessional by the minute, first giving his number to the guest and then falling down drunk. Poor Colin seems to be accident prone. Sandy needs to stop being shady during tip meetings and taking her anger out on the wrong people. First she channels her frustration with Anastasia over sleeping out on the deck crew (causing Colin’s injury), then she throws shade at Anastasia during the tip meeting. Those guests were over the top, with inappropriately touching male crew members and fighting for Sandy’s attention. 

• Love 15

Where were Jack and Travis when Colin fell?  They should have been the ones yelled at for not helping out.

I wouldn't be surprised if Travis doesn't die from alcohol poisoning, or falls and fatally hits his head.  He has a massive problem.  I felt bad that Ben ended up dragging Travis back to the van. Did anyone notice Ben was holding a towel?  Wonder what happened there?

• Love 7

Those women were grossing me out. I’m glad Sandy stepped in and told them to stop mauling Jack. Those 2 fighting over Sandy’s attention at dinner were terrible. Yet also entertaining.

Colin on pills was hilarious. He’s a treasure. 

Ben’s food looked amazing. I’d have eaten the hell out of that shrimp and halibut. And while I was a partly grossed out by Aesha eating the guest’s returned flourless chocolate cake, I partly don’t blame her either. 

Oh Travis is drunk and incoherent? That’s new and different. 

• Love 18

Where's the anchor?  Imagine if June was on deck and was asked this?  Nine?  What?  Well that's if she had her radio on and ear piece in.

Ben trying to find his way up to the dinner table....  That was a Ben moment.  He was only on the boat for like a day so he gets slack.  It was funny.

Those women were so tacky.  No on shore time for them.  Interesting.  Their attack on Jack was so cringe worthy.  I can't stand Jack but...really?

Travis:  You got problems.

Glad Colin is ok.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Duke2801 said:

He was so sweet when he was talking to his mom.  I don't care how old you are, nothing makes you feel better than talking to your mom (or in my case grandma) when you are sick or hurt.  Colin's parents are such lovely people.  I am disappointed that they will not be visiting Colin this season. 

The female guests were gross.  They were their 40's and 50's and behaved worse then frat boys.  By this time in their lives they should have learned the difference between getting tipsy and getting so wasted you don't realize or care that you pissed yourself.  In other words you can drink, get silly and have a good laugh with friends, or you get shitfaced, fight with your friends and wake up embarrassed and hung over.  

• Love 16
2 hours ago, spunky said:

Sandy needs to stop being shady during tip meetings and taking her anger out on the wrong people. First she channels her frustration with Anastasia over sleeping out on the deck crew (causing Colin’s injury), then she throws shade at Anastasia during the tip meeting. Those guests were over the top, with inappropriately touching male crew members and fighting for Sandy’s attention. 

I don't know how Sandy meddles and micromanages so much and still misses the big issues. They were eating outside, it's windy, and their drunk asses couldn't stop talking to actually eat their food. Plus she keeps suggesting complaints to the guests. Then she had this massive hissy fit about dragging the anchor when minutes before she told them to pack up the toys and one deckhand was on the tender pulling the guests in the inner tube. Almost all of these water toys require at least 2 people to resecure them. Even worse is that the wind came in at precisely at the time she said it would and they could have avoided this mess if they had packed up in anticipation like Joao suggested.

The Real Housewives of Someplace I Don't Wanna Live were awful. You can't sexually harass the staff just cause. I just saw that these women are friends with Kelly Dodd according to Danny Pellegrino.

I'm thinking that Travis, who is really depressed, is trying to get fired. Giving his number to the guest while they were lined up for departure. Who does that? He's abusing alcohol as a crutch rather than dealing with his depression. Travis seems to have gotten noticeably worse when Jack began bunking with Aesha. Can they thruple? Because Travis really seems to need Jack.

2 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

And as fucked up as this is after talking about Travis' problems, Colin on pills is fun Colin.

• Love 16

I don't know.  Travis' drinking problem is starting to make this show a bit dark and I love me some BDM for great views, amazing food, weirdo guests, etc.  Travis has really got a serious drinking problem and I hope he's watching current episodes so he can actually cringe along with the rest of America at his behavior.

Travis ruins every outing the crew goes on and I don't blame Hannah and Anastasia for calling him out on it.  The crew is cooped up most of the time and not able to get off the boat regularly to relax and Travis makes problems and ruins every outing it seems.

Slapping Anastasia was also a hard NO (last episode?).  You don't put your hands on people.  Travis' slap was not cute nor funny and the fact that he was trying to justify it shows just what a drinking problem he has.

I agree that its probably hard for Travis not to be hanging out with Jack as much and feeling abandoned but Jack doesn't ignore Travis.  They still seem to hang out/joke plenty during their shifts.  I think Travis' problem is deeper than that.

I waffle back and forth with Captain Sandy.  Some times I can tolerate her, other times I just dislike her and I haven't been liking her lately.  This constant "cold food" issue is getting old.  Like Ben said, get some cloches or dome covers for the food.  Sandy was aware of how drunk those charter guests were.  They were talking non-stop for probably 10-15 mins after the food was served, so yeah, it became cold.  Plus the wind. Fixing the oven/stove would probably be helpful.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 20
19 minutes ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Thank goodness for Colin. I'd watch a show that was centered around him. 

Someone on Reddit suggested that Colin and his parents would be amazing on the People's Couch if they ever bring it back.

---------------------------------------------------

Sailing Yacht A

http://www.oceanofnews.com/underwater-glass-observation-pod-on-468-sailing-yacht-will-blow-your-mind/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4416821/russian-billionaire-super-yacht-sailing-a-menorca/

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

I ❤️ Colin, and his parents. I hope they come visit him again this season. 

Next week, Sandy tells Travis that she has smelled alcohol on his breath. Wouldn’t that be a reason for an instant dismal? If he’s drinking on the boat then he’s putting the crew and any guests in danger. There should be zero tolerance for any drinking on the yacht. 

• Love 14

Ben seems very stressed. He's missing his earlier wit and panache. That kitchen looks horrible - too small. He really needs Anastasia's help just to get the basics done and plates out the door.

Travis seems like a walking definition of depression. I think he was leaning heavily on Jack to try to stay sane and moderately sober (while on board) until the season ended.

I admired Sandy when she first appeared, but she's on a very unattractive ego trip, clumsily and visibly pandering to production.

The less said about the trashy guests the better. Desperate housewives indeed. When they closed in on Jack and were pawing him, I was reminded of the Monty Python nunnery scene.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Someone on Reddit suggested that Colin and his parents would be amazing on the People's Couch if they ever bring it back.

Sailing Yacht A

http://www.oceanofnews.com/underwater-glass-observation-pod-on-468-sailing-yacht-will-blow-your-mind/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4416821/russian-billionaire-super-yacht-sailing-a-menorca/

Reminds me of a battle ship on the outside. Cold and sterile.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Sailing Yacht A

Oh, the People's Couch!  I loved that show.  So funny.  

These charter guests were disgusting.  Assaulting the crew is not cool, nor entertaining.  And Sandy was right - - distracting Jack (although the proper term would be mauling) while he's on anchor duty is dangerous for the ship.    Honestly, I can't stand it when the guests take it upon themselves to walk around the crew area.   Unless they are invited or specifically ask to see those areas, that should be off-limits.  

I did feel for the crew when these trashy, loud drunks were keeping the crew awake in their bunks.  No bueno.  I get they're the clients but I would think something could be said, since a lack of sleep could affect the safety of the yacht.

Why on earth, on a luxury yacht this size, is the galley so darn small?  And why haven't they had someone come in to either fix the burners or replace it while they're in port?  

The food being cold is kind of a nonstarter,  between the distance from the galley to where the guests eat, the length of time between the food arriving at the table and the drunks actually eating and even things like Hannah delaying on getting the burgers and fries out.  All that is not the chef's fault.  

Travis is an alcoholic.   He clearly can't drink without getting fall down drunk.  If I were Joao, I certainly wouldn't want a drunk for my lead deckhand.  Drunk or not, Colin really should be the lead deckhand since he's a hard worker, doesn't complain and always pitches in.  I guess that position is decided based on experience but in this case, experience obviously means little.  

Joao and Colin are the best part of the show for me.  I love their bromance.  

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

The food being cold is kind of a nonstarter

They even showed Sandy asking "How's the food?" and she said "I haven't tasted it yet." (and then she pronounced it cold. I mean-- she hadn't tasted it yet. So it's clearly been sitting there awhile as I doubt Sandy showed up the moment it was placed on the table. 

• Love 16

I'm glad they liked the burgers even given the delay (I call that the timeline shown was not exactly right-- if those burgers had been sitting for as long as it seemed they were out riding the raft, I don't think anyone would have liked them.)

But what kind of idiots order food and then immediately go out on a raft? 

Edited by dleighg
  • Love 21

So this is the thing now to pay tens of thousands of $$ to charter a boat in the Med. get sloshed, fight and embarrass yourself in front of the crew and on national TV. OK got it. Sounds like a great vacation lol.  

Seems like the standard for crew now is to hire the most incompetent messed up individuals and turn them loose. Mila, Caroline from BelowDeck last season, now Travis. This is getting so predictable. The problem with all of these reality shows is that they start out interesting and entertaining and can't keep this up so they turn to made up drama. This translates into act like fools. They better not screw up Below Deck this year.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I don't know how Sandy meddles and micromanages so much and still misses the big issues. They were eating outside, it's windy, and their drunk asses couldn't stop talking to actually eat their food. Plus she keeps suggesting complaints to the guests. Then she had this massive hissy fit about dragging the anchor when minutes before she told them to pack up the toys and one deckhand was on the tender pulling the guests in the inner tube. Almost all of these water toys require at least 2 people to resecure them. Even worse is that the wind came in at precisely at the time she said it would and they could have avoided this mess if they had packed up in anticipation like Joao suggested.

The Real Housewives of Someplace I Don't Wanna Live were awful. You can't sexually harass the staff just cause. I just saw that these women are friends with Kelly Dodd according to Danny Pellegrino.

I'm thinking that Travis, who is really depressed, is trying to get fired. Giving his number to the guest while they were lined up for departure. Who does that? He's abusing alcohol as a crutch rather than dealing with his depression. Travis seems to have gotten noticeably worse when Jack began bunking with Aesha. Can they thruple? Because Travis really seems to need Jack.

And as fucked up as this is after talking about Travis' problems, Colin on pills is fun Colin.

Travis is really in deep trouble and doesn't want to admit it. Colin on pills is hilarious and so was his mother acting like he told her he was bit by a shark. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

Seems like the standard for crew now is to hire the most incompetent messed up individuals and turn them loose.

It's all about the ratings (and clicks).

It would probably be very dull if everybody just got along, did their jobs well, all the food came out right and nobody got asshole drunk or hooked up.  All you have left is unpredictable weather.

I can't believe production doesn't have a good idea how the guests of the week are going to behave, either.

eta:  Travis seems to have a mean case of depression that alcohol will never cure.

Edited by PaperTree
  • Love 3

Fighting over Sandy's attention wasn't a big surprise.  This particular group of women seem to have largely secured their social and economic positions by proximity to wealth or power.  They marry rich guys and spend their money.  On the boat, the position of power is the Captain so of course you're going to have a couple of them who when drunk will really really really want the most powerful person to like them the best.

Good grief.  Colin's "injury".  Not even sprained.  He seemed so happy that the doctor gave him a word to describe his boo boo.  Put some ice on it, take a few Advil, move on with life.  He seems like a nice guy but a bit of a hot house flower emotionally.

Travis needs to GO.  Ben was stuck loading him into the van because everyone else has had enough.  Ben obviously has had enough.  No more coddling him.  If he gets falling down drunk again, let him sleep it off where he falls (or until a bouncer rousts him).  He needs to face consequences.

• Love 15

I want to meet Colin's parents. They live in the next town from me and I can only hope to bump into his mom. 😁

Wow those were some cougars... I am in my late 40s and no matter how much I drink, I am not acting like that... If anything I am going to sleep. and the one who peed her pants!!! YIKES! 😬

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I was looking at Aesha’s bunk during one of the scenes. I think that I saw a drawing of a penis. She seems so carefree/casual about sex. 

Yeah they show it more clearly in the episode where June moved in and it’s mentioned.

• Love 2

I couldn't keep track of all the drunken guests.  Was the one Travis handed a note to different from the one he was helping to hit golf balls, who told him she had a boyfriend?

Were those glow in the dark straws, or were they putting glowsticks into their drinks and pretending to drink from them?  That seems...unwise.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Jobiska said:

I couldn't keep track of all the drunken guests.  Was the one Travis handed a note to different from the one he was helping to hit golf balls, who told him she had a boyfriend?

I think she was the first one he was helping with the golf balls.  Then they showed him with another who had darker hair, who said she had a boyfriend.

Was the guest who go the digits also the one who was obsessed with the Canada connection?

• Love 2
9 hours ago, dleighg said:

I'm glad they liked the burgers even given the delay (I call that the timeline shown was not exactly right-- if those burgers had been sitting for as long as it seemed they were out riding the raft, I don't think anyone would have liked them.)

But what kind of idiots order food and then immediately go out on a raft? 

Drunk idiots. 

4 hours ago, Thisgirllovespasta said:

I want to meet Colin's parents. They live in the next town from me and I can only hope to bump into his mom. 😁

Wow those were some cougars... I am in my late 40s and no matter how much I drink, I am not acting like that... If anything I am going to sleep. and the one who peed her pants!!! YIKES! 😬

She needs to wear poise pads.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Travis seems like a walking definition of depression. I think he was leaning heavily on Jack to try to stay sane and moderately sober (while on board) until the season ended.

I think that since he wasn't quietly drinking beers throughout this charter like in the past, his depression really showed through. The fact that he was so upset about Jack makes me think he has abandonment issues too. He needs some serious alcohol and mental health counseling.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I was looking at Aesha’s bunk during one of the scenes. I think that I saw a drawing of a penis. She seems so carefree/casual about sex. 

I get the impression, Aesha and Jack have not had sex yet.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Thisgirllovespasta said:

You should get something for the amount they paid for that bottle of Belvedere. 

did they show what they paid? (It did look like an awful lot of booze was getting delivered to their table)