Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
MarkHB

A Very Brady Renovation

5 hours ago, SimoneS said:

This is so funny because I was thinking the same exact thing. She would have lost her mind not being able to put shiplap in the house. Ha.

And don't forget the barn door :-)

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 5:12 PM, Mittengirl said:

The ones I recall were clear acrylic(?) purple-ish.

We had them. They were glass and ours were blue. I hated dusting those things lol.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

I am really enjoying this show! I always wanted to have a bedroom like the Brady girls. As an adult when I bought my first home several years ago, I chose a very pale pink color for my room in the Brady girls' honor.

I'm glad that the designers didn't go with the hay fever wallpaper in the girls' room from the final season. The flowers from the first season are so iconic. I could see Marcia making her escape from the bedroom window to mail her essay about her dad to the newspaper for the Father of the Year contest.

Speaking of that, I couldn't tell, but I think one of the plaques on the wall of Mike's recreated den was the Father of the Year award. Or at least it looked like it. Barry's looked a bit sad to be in the recreated den. It's like he was thinking, "Bob should be here." Robert Reed was so good to those kids. He hated "The Brady Bunch," but he loved and mentored the children on the show.

The boys' room was perfect! I loved the detail of the "Keep Off" sign on Peter's top bunk.

That was a nice size bathroom, but I can see why the children went to war over it in the first season, and why the others were so angry when Marcia was hogging the bathroom after being cast as Juliet in the third season and when Greg decided he needed his own room once again in the fourth season. It always bothered me that Mike saw fit to accommodate his son, the man, when Greg wanted his own space, but he never saw fit to put in another bathroom. A half bath would have fit in where the linen closet was.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2019 at 8:43 PM, txhorns79 said:

Eh, I'm sure they all have moments when they just need a moment away from the Brady-mania.  I give her a break.  I was thinking that Florence would probably have done this show, but Bob Reed wouldn't have touched it with a thirty-foot pole.  Ann B. Davis may have done a one episode guest spot.  

Bob Reed did every spin-off (except possibly the cartoon) so I'm sure he'd have been there!  

• Like 1

Just now, princelina said:

Bob Reed did every spin-off (except possibly the cartoon) so I'm sure he'd have been there!  

From what I've read, he was showing up for the kids, and was in danger of being fired from both The Brady Bunch and The Bradys at the time they were cancelled due to his general attitude about the shows, and his behavior towards the production people.   

It never occurred to me when watching the show originally, but now I notice that there are no windows in the living room. There is a sliding glass door in the dining room, which is open to the living room, but it really isn't very big. There is also some light coming in from the high windows in the entry way. It still seems like the living room is dark, and it would drive me crazy to not have windows to look out of in your main living room.

The ladder for the bunk beds look a little off to me. It was narrow up top and wider at the bottom. Maybe, the scale of the bunks (which they had a hard time finding) required the change. Don’t ask why I would think or know this. I just do. LOL!!!