Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Picture's Up

• Start Topic

On 9/6/2019 at 9:10 AM, nlkm9 said:

hahaha I thought it was jessie as well. so ok, is anyone else upset about the fact that gabrielle is cheating on her husband?? It kind of makes me sad.

Yes, and she’s not even acting like that’s an issue for her.  And does she not know anything about...anything??  She’s always so confused when Christine says anything.   Did you think it was a good idea to sleep with your BOSS?  This was the president of SAG?!

LOVE the scene in the restaurant between Ian and Jennie.  They were so honest and loving with each other.   I am really loving this show!

Also love when Jason was all casual like, “Hi Jamie” when he FT’ed them.   Jamie Walters has aged well 😍

• Love 4

It took me awhile to watch this episode but I'm so happy I did. 

I laughed every time they showed Shannen eating and I loved when first she 'rescued' the dog and then she took home the rooster, lol. 

I also liked the scene where they were listing all their enemies and Gabrielle mentioned Corey Feldman and "The Surreal Life." 

The writer, whose name I can't recall, was wearing this striped cashmere looking sweater at the end of the episode that caught my attention. Does anyone know where I can get it? As Worn on TV doesn't have it listed and it's driving me nuts. I spent forever trying to google it. 

I'm sad next week is the final episode. 

• Love 4
On 9/7/2019 at 12:17 PM, 4Sibes Redux said:

I love the show because I feel it’s been made for “us” personally. But that’s not going to sustain it. It would be cool to have a 2-hour TV movie every year or 5. Like a class reunion. 

Same.  This show has made me smile and enjoy tv in a way I haven’t in a long time.  I feel that Gen X gets a raw deal in television entertainment.  It seems that every show geared toward us gets panned by “all those other generations” and ends up not lasting very long.  Oh well, I will take what I can get.

veering to a different topic, perhaps the final shot will be of Shannen waking up from a nightmare, that way everyone could get a bad dream in.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

Shannen has no storyline. It makes me sad. She's either eating or rescuing animals. Or dispensing wisdom to Brian. The meatier storylines belong to Tori and Jennie - they're producers and the creators of the show, so it makes sense -  and, curiously, Ian. The female writer is still a rotten actress. She is embarrassingly bad.

Hope it goes out with a bang next week. I don't think there will be a second season - but if there is, i'm in. I love seeing these people.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

They are to get rid of puffiness, dark circles and fine lines. Lots of shows use them on their actors.

Is that right?  Just to show my ignorance, I thought they were some kind of concealer for crow's feet and they were going to put makeup on top of them so the area around Gabi's eyes appeared smooth. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

Is that right?  Just to show my ignorance, I thought they were some kind of concealer for crow's feet and they were going to put makeup on top of them so the area around Gabi's eyes appeared smooth. 

Don't know if you also watch 90 Day Fiance (Before the 90 Days), but Tim wore those little under eye patches on the plane to look "fresh-faced".

BTW.....love your user name!  Hook 'em from a close year to yours!

Re:  Shannen's limited storyline.  From what I've read, Shannen didn't want any mention of her personal life, real or fictionalized, and she didn't want anything about her cancer.  So that leaves little about Shannen, as the rest of the cast has interspersed reality/drama woven into the show WRT their personal lives.

Shannen is listed as one of the Executive Producers, so I have a feeling she's much more involved behind the scenes than we are seeing.

I'm so enjoying this more each week, and I do hope it gets picked up.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 2

How did everyone remember the words to "How do you talk to an angel" when they got on stage?  Or did they probably miss a few lines?

What about Shannen, who had presumably never heard of the song before, because she hadn't heard of Jamie Walters before?

Just a few thoughts:

1. I guess it's good that Brian told them about Zach, but he absolutely should have had that discussion with his wife first.

2. Why does Tori have a pet chicken, and more importantly why would she bring it on set with her?

3. That intimacy coordinator, or whatever, was hilarious.

4. I also enjoyed Shannen not having any clue what happened on show after she left.  Find it a little more unbelievable that Jamie walters wouldn't know who she it.  I loved How do You Talk and The Heights.  Was disappointed it was only one season.

5. Here's my issue with the sex disclaimers.  If you felt pressured by your boss or an actor to have sex, wouldn't you feel equally pressured to sign the paper?  I feel like that's pretty worthless.  If Jennie and Wyatt want to hook up, he should go ahead and get reassigned.  Christine and Gabby should just wait until this show goes off the air. Ditto with Ian and the writer and they are the only couple that I'm actually rooting for out of all this.

6. I don't think that detective was there for the fires.  He may not even be a real cop. 

11 hours ago, nuraman00 said:

What about Shannen, who had presumably never heard of the song before, because she hadn't heard of Jamie Walters before?

Shannen was sitting down on the stage and I think she was eating, but def not singing.

• Useful 1
On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:46 PM, ErinV said:

Yes, and she’s not even acting like that’s an issue for her.  And does she not know anything about...anything??  She’s always so confused when Christine says anything.   Did you think it was a good idea to sleep with your BOSS?  This was the president of SAG?!

It's not an issue for her, because this is what they decided they were going to do.  She's going to sleep with women and he's going to leave her.  That issue has been resolved, so in that sense, there is nothing for her to care about in the cheating department.

I'll be the first to admit that I have no idea what the President of SAG does, but if she's been handling physical altercations between directors and actors, I would imagine she's also been handling sexual harassment complaints.  So, yeah, this is stupid.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

I'll be the first to admit that I have no idea what the President of SAG does, but if she's been handling physical altercations between directors and actors, I would imagine she's also been handling sexual harassment complaints.  So, yeah, this is stupid.

Which is yet another reason why I hate the Gabby/Christine storyline.  I'm straight, but they both look stupid, and I would think one of the goals of having a same-sex storyline at the forefront would be to not make both people look inept.  As the president of SAG, that workplace relationship form should not be news to Gabby.  Never mind that I don't think both women would want to jeopardize their careers with a boss-subordinate relationship.  Ian and Anna are at least on a parallel plane.  One is not the other one's boss.

Also, Christine has said that 90210 is a billion dollar franchise for FOX.  She's ultimately in charge, and the entire project has been one disaster after another.  Even without the relationship with Gabby, Christine is not being shown as having any sort of professional control over her project.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Ohmo said:

Which is yet another reason why I hate the Gabby/Christine storyline.  I'm straight, but they both look stupid, and I would think one of the goals of having a same-sex storyline at the forefront would be to not make both people look inept.  As the president of SAG, that workplace relationship form should not be news to Gabby.  Never mind that I don't think both women would want to jeopardize their careers with a boss-subordinate relationship.  Ian and Anna are at least on a parallel plane.  One is not the other one's boss.

Also, Christine has said that 90210 is a billion dollar franchise for FOX.  She's ultimately in charge, and the entire project has been one disaster after another.  Even without the relationship with Gabby, Christine is not being shown as having any sort of professional control over her project.

Slow clap. I agree with you 100%. 

• Love 2
On 9/9/2019 at 9:57 AM, Jillybean said:

I had just heard of intimacy coordinators right before this ep aired, so I was expecting one to show up when Tori was in such a tizzy. They are a real thing and very current.

They are quite real, and pretty much the least that should be required (by the actors' union) on a set; it started off well with everyone - especially Gabby - supporting the idea, but the presentation of the position once one was hired was total caricature for storyline purposes.  And, okay, this is indeed a storyline on a soap, but it's a fraught area in a fraught time, so to misrepresent this role right now is problematic to say the least. 

Add that to Anna going from rightly calling out Ian's behavior and justifications for it to wanting to bone him, and there's quite the disturbing oh, things were so much simpler in our day undertone to this project.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Bastet said:

They are quite real, and pretty much the least that should be required (by the actors' union) on a set; it started off well with everyone - especially Gabby - supporting the idea, but the presentation of the position once one was hired was total caricature for storyline purposes.  And, okay, this is indeed a storyline on a soap, but it's a fraught area in a fraught time, so to misrepresent this role right now is problematic to say the least. 

Add that to Anna going from rightly calling out Ian's behavior and justifications for it to wanting to bone him, and there's quite the disturbing oh, things were so much simpler in our day undertone to this project.

All of this. You've stated perfectly my issues with the portrayal of the intimacy coordinator and Anna's complete 180 in a matter of days.

• Love 3
On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 11:11 PM, txhorns79 said:

And to show my ignorance, I thought that the purpose of them was to prevent eye shadow/eye makeup residue from getting on the face, when the face has already been made up with the concealer and foundation, etc.  I have found myself wishing I had a similar device in those situations. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

- I thought that Brian should have talked to his son about whether he felt ok about the reveal... especially Zach said something like he didn't want to look like he's benefitting from nepotism. 

- There was a line where Jennie says something to Tori about how she's got six kids, so it isn't like she isn't getting any.  But then also says something like "if you are having a lot of sex, just stop".  It was funny and well timed. 

-Even though I heard the AWT recap, I actually laughed at how annoyed the bar patrons were when The Gang sang.  

1 hour ago, CurlyATX said:

- I thought that Brian should have talked to his son about whether he felt ok about the reveal... especially Zach said something like he didn't want to look like he's benefitting from nepotism. 

Between not checking with Zach and making sure his wife is the last to know, he's just handled this all wrong.

• Love 3
On 9/4/2019 at 9:29 PM, screamin said:

Gabby: "Corey Feldman, The Surreal Life!" Heh.

that was my favorite line. I loved how they were very thorough with their references. I watched that season. Not embarrassed to admit it.

our other favorite line was Ian telling the writer he wasn't worried because he's playing Steve Sanders. We took it to mean not just that he's familiar with it but that hey, it's Steve Sanders. The character is not exactly deep.

The minute Tori fell and then said she knew who the stalker was, I reacted with Ray!! and I had no idea he was showing up so that was really awesome.

• Love 3
On 9/12/2019 at 7:41 AM, RedbirdNelly said:

that was my favorite line. I loved how they were very thorough with their references. I watched that season. Not embarrassed to admit it.

I think I watched every season of The Surreal Life.  I don't watch much reality TV, but for a 30 minute format, it was ok.

• Love 1