Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Picture's Up

• Start Topic

Jennie grabbing Tori’s boobs was hysterical.  I’m still agog how much I love Jennie in this.

I honestly don’t care about any of the extraneous stuff.  The cast could just stand around and talk and be funny and I would be a-ok with it.  And also just have random former 90210ers wander in and out.  Where’s Jessie Vasquez?  Hell bring Jennifer Grant and that guy who played Matt on too.  No Hillary Swank though, thanks.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Megan said:

What's the deal with Jennie and Cole Hauser?

Yah, I wanna know, too!  I had just finished the last 2 episodes of Yellowstone before putting this on last night so when she brought up his name I was like wuhhhh?

1 hour ago, Megan said:

What's the deal with Jennie and Cole Hauser?

I loved this episode, especially the enemies part. 

I actually laughed out loud at the Cole Hauser reference because he's been my #1 crush since I saw him in School Ties in 1992 and made my friends stay for the credits so I could figure out his name. 

I've seen almost everything he's ever been in and it's not a professional reference that I'm aware of. Maybe there's no connection they just thought it was funny. 

Edited by I-Kare
left out a word
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, missyb said:

At first glance, I thought the detective who took the water bottle out of the trash was Jesse.

You aren’t the only one. And when I backed it up, I couldn’t see the resemblance I thought I saw. 

Edited by 4Sibes Redux
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, missyb said:

At first glance, I thought the detective who took the water bottle out of the trash was Jesse.

27 minutes ago, 4Sibes Redux said:

You aren’t the only one. And when I backed it up, I couldn’t seen the resemblance I thought I saw. 

Me three!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Whimsy said:

Me three!

hahaha I thought it was jessie as well. so ok, is anyone else upset about the fact that gabrielle is cheating on her husband?? It kind of makes me sad.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Anyone know what the title refers to? I feel stupid ☹️

It means the cameras are set to start filming. The picture is up on the screen and all they have to do is hit record. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

hahaha I thought it was jessie as well. so ok, is anyone else upset about the fact that gabrielle is cheating on her husband?? It kind of makes me sad.

Well, at least it seems like Gabrielle and her husband separated first.  But, yeah, thus far, of the 7 leads on the show, 4 have had infidelity in their marriages, all within the time frame of the show, so, over maybe a month.  If you count both Jason and his wife as well as Jenny sleeping with a married man; everyone except for Brian and Tori and their respective spouses and Shannen, who hasn't been partnered on the show, have been involved in a relationship where someone was cheating, although I realize Ian was victim and not the perpetrator in his marriage.  I hope this doesn't reflect anyone's real life experiences.

Interesting that Shannen is the only one who is not shown in any sort of romantic relationship although we know she is married in real life.  Good for her, IMO.

ETA: I thought the cop looked like Jesse, too, at first glance.  Too bad, that might've been fun.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Well, at least it seems like Gabrielle and her husband separated first.  But, yeah, thus far, of the 7 leads on the show, 4 have had infidelity in their marriages, all within the time frame of the show, so, over maybe a month.  If you count both Jason and his wife as well as Jenny sleeping with a married man; everyone except for Brian and Tori and their respective spouses and Shannen, who hasn't been partnered on the show, have been involved in a relationship where someone was cheating, although I realize Ian was victim and not the perpetrator in his marriage.  I hope this doesn't reflect anyone's real life experiences.

Interesting that Shannen is the only one who is not shown in any sort of romantic relationship although we know she is married in real life.  Good for her, IMO.

ETA: I thought the cop looked like Jesse, too, at first glance.  Too bad, that might've been fun.

I didnt see a separation scene, i recall just a conversation about it, well ok then 🙂

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

IiRC Shannen stipulated in an interview that her husband (not even a "heightened" fictionalized version) is not to be appearing in the show. Which should make it interesting if fan spec about her character being pregnant is true.

I think Gabrielle scrutinized and questioned the cop at the end simply because he wasn't wearing an ID like most staff were, though I did note the passing resemblance to Jesse.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

I didnt see a separation scene, i recall just a conversation about it, well ok then 🙂

We didn't see the scene, but we saw Gabrielle's husband tell her that he wasn't ok with her exploring her sexuality and wasn't willing to wait for her to decide what she wanted and then we saw Jason moving in with Gabrielle when he separated from his wife; so I think it has been pretty well implied.

We also saw Gabrielle's hubby sending her notes and flowers, presumably, if they were still living in the same house, he would've done it in person.

10 hours ago, screamin said:

IiRC Shannen stipulated in an interview that her husband (not even a "heightened" fictionalized version) is not to be appearing in the show. Which should make it interesting if fan spec about her character being pregnant is true.

If they're going with a pregnancy for Shannen, then I guess we are also supposed to think she is younger than 48 and hasn't been through chemo as we know she has in real life.

I'm an OB/GYN, so I notice that stuff.  A woman who has not had children who is 48 has about a 1% chance of conceiving naturally and about a 50% chance of miscarrying if she does.  Shannen most likely went into menopause with her chemo.  The majority of women in their 40's who get the sort of chemo Shannen got would be menopausal.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, nlkm9 said:

We saw him say to Gabrielle to go ahead and explore, he won't  be pining, and walks away. Jason then moves in with her. We see her wake up from her nightmare to a pointedly empty bed. That's conclusive enough for me. But as a bonus, after her night with Christine, she apologizes to Jason for not telling him she wouldn't be coming home that night. Jason seems aware and fine with how and who she spent the night with - which would have made for a VERY awkward conversation between Jason and Gabby's husband if he'd still been living there. Not to mention her castmates didn't question the status of her thirty year marriage when she told them she'd been dating someone, so it seems they're already aware that something 's happened to her marriage.

I think on the whole it does seem like they separated, and that her upset at receiving the flowers is about him apparently wanting a rapproachment after leaving with the stated intention to 'not pine away'. Obviously they've got to talk.

ETA: Also, what Doodlebug said.

Edited by screamin
  • Love 3

Shannen said in interviews that most of her real life will not be in it, like her husband and her having cancer. She said she's an actor not a reality star. This Shannen is a character. 

I don't know if they will go with a pregancy storyline but since they are going with the soap opera aspect with all the cheating, and stalkers. I wouldn't be surprised with a surprise pregnancy. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Writing Wrongs said:

I loved that Shannen's enemies list included the "I hate Brenda newsletter bitches," I totally remember that phase.

I remember that too! And remember 🙄🙄🙄🙄 at all those losers! Made me a bigger fan of both Brenda and Shannen.

• Love 4
On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 1:06 AM, Bastet said:

Ian asking the bodyguard “Hey, Costner, are you allowed to date the clients?” is the only part of this Jennie/Wyatt storyline I can stand.  And she did a modified version of that damn baby voice when getting sexy with him, so I had to check to see if my ears were bleeding.

I'm not into Ian and the writer, either, or really any of the romantic/sexual storylines other than Gabby not even being able to figure out what she's not ready for.  I mostly only like the friendships - or not - among the gang.

I enjoyed the scene where they rattled off all the people who hate them, and laughed out loud at “Siri, how many seasons of 90210 were there?”  The Ray thing meant nothing to me, because I didn’t watch then, but my friend laughed pretty hard.  And I thought the "who are you?" stuff between him and Shannen was funny.

I also liked Shannen's unruffled "okay, get in - I hope you're microchipped" reaction to finding a chicken by her car.

I can do without the oh, consent is so complicated in 2019 attitude, though.

YASS!!  The grating baby voice reared its ugly head a couple of times tonight.  Stop it, Jennie.  Just.  Stop.  It. 

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 8:47 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I believe it was a rooster.

Brian really really is a bad singer. 

I really enjoyed the scenes with Shannen and Brian, especially where he's confided in her about Zach.

So much 🙄🙄 at the writer suddenly being interested in Ian, after accusing him right and left and constantly that his comments to her were offensive because it was about her physical attributes. She's just annoying and awful.

I'm trying to understand if Tori is suddenly having a resurgence of feelings for Brian after nearly two decades, to explain her discomfort, anxiety about doing the bedroom scene. They hadn't dated for the entirety of the show. And that nonsense with the intimacy counselor? Give me a break. So ridiculous.

Christine totally wants the show to tank.

Wow, I thought the intimacy counselor lady was hilarious.

23 hours ago, angelusgirl said:

I guess. I was a pretty hardcore original viewer and even had all 10 seasons on VHS (with original commercials which were a hoot!) until my divorce  5 years ago made keeping a box that big and heavy impossible and I legitimately don't remember that being a big thing.  I sure do wish I still had those, the music rights issue killing so many episodes on Hulu drives me nuts

Same here.  Hardcore fan, watched all the seasons at least 4 times, and I don't think it was really a thing.  I remember her eating PB out of the jar once, and the Walshes loved their ice cream, but so what?  I mean, people eat-- We have to, in order to live...  I never thought of Brenda as a compulsive  eater, like Shannen appeared to be tonight, so I hope they reveal a real reason.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Surrealist said:

Not sure, but Wings Hauser (his father) portrayed Jonesy, P. I. in Season 5.

Oh wow, I don’t think I ever made that connection. I wonder if Cole visited the set at some point and met Jennie. Or maybe they just thought it was a randomly funny actor to pick. 

Edited by desertflower
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, geauxaway said:

RE: Shannen’s eating, I just figured she has the weed munchies.  🤷🏻‍♀️

I thought it was an ode to Heathers where her bulimic character decides it's okay to start digesting food again after her mortal enemy dies.

This was probably the most coherent episode of the series. Man, I hope it doesn't get cancelled.

• Love 5
On 9/5/2019 at 8:39 AM, Sakura12 said:

I thought for a minute they were going to have Tori be jealous that Brian went to talk to Shannen instead of her. Does the cast know about their secret friendship now?

I thought Tori was jealous that Brian talked to Shannen?  I may have missed if there was a follow-up scene after Tori saw Brian go to Shannen's trailer.

17 hours ago, sara416 said:

And for $550, it turns out that I don't need it after all. 

It's now on sale for $385!  (Still way too expensive for me)

So it seems at the end when Jason runs off to be with Camille, that Jennie is still pining after Jason?  They do have a lot of chemistry together, which surprises me because at the end of Brandon's run, Brandon and Kelly had no chemistry left.

That top at $385, yea right lol.

i can’t wait for Shannen’s opening nightmare next week. She is the only one left right? Or has Ian had a nightmare yet? I forget 

Edited by Kdel1079
3 minutes ago, Kdel1079 said:

i can’t wait for Shannen’s opening nightmare next week. She is the only one left right? Or has Ian had a nightmare yet? I forget 

I don't think Ian has had a nightmare yet.  With only 6 episodes, and 7 leads, one of them will be left out. 😞

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Kdel1079 said:

It's going to be Ian's dream since Shannen joined later. If they get a season 2, I hope Shannen's dream is walking into the Peach pit with a bunch of the cast from season 5-10 and she doesn't know a single one of them. 

I thought Tori was jealous that Brian talked to Shannen?  I may have missed if there was a follow-up scene after Tori saw Brian go to Shannen's trailer.

I meant it would be more of a storyline, like she would go complain to Jennie that Brian doesn't talk to her, but ran into Shannen's trailer with an eye roll or something. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 9/5/2019 at 12:04 AM, RachelKM said:

DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE WRITER.  Ian is kind of adorable in it.  But, ugh.

So much same.

On 9/5/2019 at 6:21 AM, desertflower said:

I loved Brian’s dream, too. I notice he sang the song that he did in the later seasons, not an early goofy song like Precious. That would’ve been gold. 

I was wishing he would have been singing Precious! His dream was cool but seemed a little sparse. It would have been great if they'd been able to drag Mel Silver into it as well somehow. Or the black beret-worn-backwards he wore in every single "David with a drug problem" episode.

Also the banana moment when Ian pushes it away from Shannen as they are talking about politically correct "nothing with the mouth" terms. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
On 9/4/2019 at 10:08 PM, ParadoxLost said:

I don't understand the random chicken hitching a ride home with Shannen.  Is that a reference to something or just a random chicken.

In the original, Brenda and Donna rescued a dog in the same way, with him hopping into the back seat.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Anyone know what the title refers to? I feel stupid ☹️

Watch me ask an even stupider question: Who is Cole Hauser?  Cole Haan, I've heard of.  Cole Hauser, no.

10 minutes ago, allienc said:

In the original, Brenda and Donna rescued a dog in the same way, with him hopping into the back seat.

if the season didn't end next week, I'd suggest an Explain the References thread.  I watched the original show.  Every episode, but I wasn't a hardcore fan.  Some of the references I know, but several (including this one) have me going "Huh?"

• Love 3
1 hour ago, meggonzo said:

Too bad Brian didn't give us a miggity miggity mic check.

I have a video of this happening in real life 😂😂

14 hours ago, missyb said:

I feel like Gabby did a double take as well.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Ohmo said:

Watch me ask an even stupider question: Who is Cole Hauser?  Cole Haan, I've heard of.  Cole Hauser, no.

I remember Cole from School Ties and Dazed and Confused. He was briefly on Good Will Hunting and on several episodes of ER (he played Samantha's ex-husband) . When I googled last night to see if there were any articles about beef with Jennie, it told me he's on s show called Yellowstone now.

• Useful 2

I have finally had a chance to binge watch, and I am loving these episodes thus far.  I am a massive 90210 fan, and my husband also rolls his eyes when I pop in this or Charmed. I am a huge Brenda fan, but I love them all.  

Is Gabby still President of SAG?  She was called in the first show over Jason decking the star he was directing.  She agreed to smooth over the waters between them, in order for him to direct the reboot.  Should she not have been aware of insurance being mandated over the shows, show suspension if not available, and the signing of the consensual sex contracts between staff, actors and HR?  

I laughed so much at this show.  The only missed opportunity with Jamie, was not having him be the fireman showing up when Tori fell.  They could have called 911, and introduced him.  She telling the gang that he is the one who is stalking, and then he in turn, have them sing at the end of the show.  He went on and on about what a difference being a fire fighter meant to him.  Some of the cast of 9-1-1, could have showed also.  Chimney and Hen for starters.  

Agree that the man who owned the red dress is a huge misdirect for the stalker.  I screamed when I thought that was Jessie, and him looking bewildered about why Gabby did not remembering him.  I think that Shay is the one behind the detective being hired.  She and Brian have the money to hire one.  Police Officers work security as side jobs, and I am sure that some detectives out there do too.   

• Love 2
On 9/5/2019 at 8:24 AM, KittenPokerCheater said:

Did Shannon/Brenda eat all the time in the original run?  I'm not getting that joke.

I don't recall this either.  I guess I'd have to re-watch several episodes, to see how often she was shown eating in the background.  I don't remember it happening in season 4, for example.  There were less scenes at the Walsh House with her that year.

20 minutes ago, nuraman00 said:

I don't remember it happening in season 4, for example.  There were less scenes at the Walsh House with her that year.

That's because it was her last season, and things were tense behind the scenes. Brenda was rarely shown. And when she was, she was isolated or by herself.

I like the writer, and her acting.  She's fine for the character she's playing.

I too thought David was going to sing "Precious" in his dream.  That would have been even funnier.  Ian's "Are you sure it wasn't the song" line would have fit well there too, especially since Steve and David got in a fight about music.  David left Steve (who didn't have the connections) to record a demo for Icon Records, and "Precious" was the bad song the producer came up with.

I was also surprised Gabrielle had sex.  I guess I should have concluded that things went that far, from the mentions of how she didn't come home.

I guess there's no going back to her husband, now.

3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

That's because it was her last season, and things were tense behind the scenes. Brenda was rarely shown. And when she was, she was isolated or by herself.

I thought Brenda had a lot of storylines in Season 4.

From almost eloping with Stewart; to ditching the University Of Minnesota; to breaking into the animal lab; to trying out for the play and competing for a part with Steve's girlfriend, Laura.

You are right though that she was more isolated.  She had some scenes with Donna and Andrea with regards to the animal lab, and with Steve and Kelly for the school play.  And with Dylan, when he rescued her after she locked her keys in the Stewart's car.

But that's about it.

Brenda did get in some scenes with Donna at the end, after Donna caught David cheating.  And she finally learned about Andrea's pregnancy, when she suggested that Andrea name the baby after her.

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, Kdel1079 said:

Brenda was so thin in season 4, she was skin and bones and I doubt she was eating at all. 

Shannen explained the weight loss was due to her Crohn’s disease. We talked about this over in the original show’s season four thread.

Yes, while Brenda had some stories, she was hardly included within the gang as in earlier seasons. 

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, Ohmo said:

I always refer everyone to www.imdb.com when they have questions about actors. It'll give you a bio, all of their credits, photos, etc. 

It's the Internet Movie Database and I started using back when it was literally just a database.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

When the gang was listing those who may hold vendettas, IZ mentioned “that prop guy” from seasons 1 & 2.” I wondered if this was a shout-out to Michael Cudlitz who was construction for the art department in the beginning of the series. He became the character Tony Miller a couple seasons in. 

I love the show because I feel it’s been made for “us” personally. But that’s not going to sustain it. It would be cool to have a 2-hour TV movie every year or 5. Like a class reunion. 

• Love 5
On 9/5/2019 at 1:19 AM, AgentRXS said:

I'm not feeling the Brian storyline at all because it hits too close to home to the situation with his real-life son with Vanessa Marcil.

On their list of enemies was "the whole cast of Saved By the Bell". Hee. I guess that's their way of referencing the Tiffani stuff without mentioning her by name.

"How Do You Talk to Angel?" is a forever cheesy nostalgic jam. Instantly transports me back to 1994 whenever I hear it.

This show is just the kind of mindless stupidity I need after a long day. I hope they do come back for another season.

I don’t even know the premise of the show, but I love it.

Gabrielle Carteris looks great. 

On 9/5/2019 at 10:36 PM, mojoween said:

Jennie grabbing Tori’s boobs was hysterical.  I’m still agog how much I love Jennie in this.

I honestly don’t care about any of the extraneous stuff.  The cast could just stand around and talk and be funny and I would be a-ok with it.  And also just have random former 90210ers wander in and out.  Where’s Jessie Vasquez?  Hell bring Jennifer Grant and that guy who played Matt on too.  No Hillary Swank though, thanks.

Omg bring Rebecca Gayheart on!

• Love 2