Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Drogo

S14.E05: The Transformation Begins

Recommended Posts

Quote

Kelli had a side eye to Judy at the end!

I saw that too. I think they hate Kat's thirsty ways and are patiently waiting to take her down. Kelli and Judy hate a show-off. Kat is this season's sacrificial lamb, but that's OK because I think Kat is using the show to promote herself for something else. Anything. ETA: If the organization (e.g., Charlotte, Kitty) wants her, they'll keep her.

Egregious product placement: CORE and Ancestry.com

The sudden cuts are an effort to keep viewers tuning in. And shoving the rejections out the side door saves production time.

Now poor Sheryl will be known as the Harbinger of Doom.

All the guest choreography looks the same, but I do enjoy watching it and I think the candidates enjoy doing something different from the canned DCC stuff.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Conspiracy theory - They really like Ashley at tryouts.  She definitely had the look.  Kelli was soooooo cold - they found some dirt on her.  Someone tattled something.

Conspiracy theory #2 - We all heard the Malena meltdown was much worse than we saw.  Maybe she also had a meltdown with the dancers and for the protection of the dancers we are now seeing them leave mid-show alone.

  • Like 8
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, FutureDCC said:

Yes! Ashley's cut in particular seemed VERY abrupt. I knew it was coming (I'm already spoiled) but the way they went about it seemed.. off. Not even a warning or prior convo about kicks.. just got the axe. Which is extra weird because they've praised her in past episodes for her dance, look, and being liked by her teammates. Usually they give at least a little time to see improvement. I'm wondering if there's more that we just didn't see.

Her kicks were terrible tho. As bad as I've seen in 14 seasons in TC.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

I do think it’s raw that Ashley and Gina Marie got cut in the middle of practice so there was no hug and cry time with the other TCCs. They just got pushed into the darkness with their bags. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out...

Yeh I loved the drama of them being picked out of rehearsal but missed the drama of the omg who will she call it and the girls' goodbyes.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DragonFlyzz said:

I think I may now be in the minority but I still like Kat.  To me she seems likable, sweet and a little goofy.  Apparently TPTB have never heard that familiarity breeds contempt. They are doing her no favors by shoving a camera in her face every five seconds and having her on air every ten.  Fortunately for her prospects as a DCC it’s not up to the viewers.

Clearly there are others willing to be featured and speak on camera.  It would be great if they would be more even handed with their coverage of training camp and they would rotate through the participants and get a different perspective of the various elements of training camp.  I would like more Chandi, Amanda, Lisa, Kristen, Taylor and others we barely get to know due to the producers, editors or whoever’s heavy handedness with featuring one or two girls.

I agree with you about Kat!! I like her. I think she is pretty and seems sweet. The fact that they keep focusing on her is turning people off. She really does need a lot of work with her dancing but she seemed to be picking up the jump split. It will be interesting to see how much she is able to improve.

Chandi and Amanda are my 2 favorites right now. I wish they showed more of them too.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, ClosetMTTfan said:

I noticed on the kick line that there was a blonde on the end whose belly jiggled terribly badly when she came down on the jump split. I need to rewatch to figure out who it was. I mean - mine would be worse— but it was very noticeable particularly for an end of the line girl so I’m wondering why it didn’t get noticed or mentioned. (This was when only rookies were doing it, in case someone gets to rewatch before I do)

I didn’t catch that until you mentioned it.  I rewatched and still couldn’t figure out who she is.  How is that not visible in the studio?  Also, how would that soft belly be missed during uniform fittings?  It’s a mystery.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, DragonFlyzz said:

I didn’t catch that until you mentioned it.  I rewatched and still couldn’t figure out who she is.  How is that not visible in the studio?  Also, how would that soft belly be missed during uniform fittings?  It’s a mystery.

I think it might be Lauren.  She looks a little soft in her midsection.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, dccfangirl said:

Yeh I loved the drama of them being picked out of rehearsal but missed the drama of the omg who will she call it and the girls' goodbyes.

A lot of people are mentioning this but this is actually how they used to do cuts, maybe not all the cuts but in the 2 hour special which was in 2005. Every girl that was called into the office was in the middle of rehearsals, they turned in their stuff and left and did not say goodbye to the girls still rehearsing, and if they were just warned Kelli told them to go jump back into practice. They were more abrupt and even cut two girls together at the same time.  The only difference is Kelli and Judy discussed who they were going to cut or talk to while the girls were rehearsing with Shelly and then went into studio themselves to call the girls into their office.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

A lot of people are mentioning this but this is actually how they used to do cuts, maybe not all the cuts but in the 2 hour special which was in 2005. Every girl that was called into the office was in the middle of rehearsals, they turned in their stuff and left and did not say goodbye to the girls still rehearsing, and if they were just warned Kelli told them to go jump back into practice. They were more abrupt and even cut two girls together at the same time.  The only difference is Kelli and Judy discussed who they were going to cut or talk to while the girls were rehearsing with Shelly and then went into studio themselves to call the girls into their office.

True, but that was 14 years ago. The only other time I've seen them do that was with Auto Amy when they pulled her out at practice at the stadium. I think they waited until the end of the same practice to do it to Kyndall that same night. There may be a few others I'm forgetting, I apologize if there are.

What we saw (in my very humble opinion) in the two-hour special was a very rushed process because they crammed an entire season into two hours.

I just think it's bad form to shove them out like that when these girls give so much just to be in training camp. Especially with Ashley, who was not warned (at least not in a direct meeting that we know of) at all and was not even given a chance to improve. In the past, they've given other TCCs at least a few weeks to try. And with Kat's bad kicks and also bad dancing, it really smells odd that Ashley got kicked out so soon and so fast.

With Kat, I have to wonder if they're giving her the blonde Emily Rose "she's so pretty we have to keep her" treatment.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

True, but that was 14 years ago. The only other time I've seen them do that was with Auto Amy when they pulled her out at practice at the stadium. I think they waited until the end of the same practice to do it to Kyndall that same night. There may be a few others I'm forgetting, I apologize if there are.

What we saw (in my very humble opinion) in the two-hour special was a very rushed process because they crammed an entire season into two hours.

I just think it's bad form to shove them out like that when these girls give so much just to be in training camp. Especially with Ashley, who was not warned (at least not in a direct meeting that we know of) at all and was not even given a chance to improve. In the past, they've given other TCCs at least a few weeks to try. And with Kat's bad kicks and also bad dancing, it really smells odd that Ashley got kicked out so soon and so fast.

With Kat, I have to wonder if they're giving her the blonde Emily Rose "she's so pretty we have to keep her" treatment.

That is how they actually did some of those evaluations and cuts back then but they just started doing them only at the end of rehearsals when the show started.  Im not a fan of it myself, I think it's a bit cold and it will always be a mystery to me why almost every year there are some that are not warned before they are cut and some that get maybe 4-6 office visits.  But the fact that they did it during the rehearsals is not new at all. I almost want to say that maybe because they kept Taylor (season 10) for so long waiting for her kicks to get higher and it just didn't happen, that they thought instead of waiting and waiting to just cut them then.  Maybe there is an aspect of flexibility that is not as easy to recognize through auditions that allowed them to make it to training camp.  It sucks so bad to have all the components to make it but the high kick. That has to be frustrating to some of these girls.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

That hairdo of Kelli's that's all poofed up in the back is a no.  It looks like her alarm didn't go off on time and she raced to The Star with bedhead.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

So, i had a thought. You know how some ladies dont dance 100% at practice all the time? I've seen some ladies conserve energy when practicing and dont kick 100% until they get in line and have to do the entire routine infront of judy and kelli with the jumpsplit...it would suck if she was conserving her energy and got cut...still her fault...but would still suck

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Route66 said:

It's clear whenever Victoria's name gets announced there's excessive cheering and loud clapping. You saw it when she's called into camp and when Travis pulled her out. Does anyone else think it's odd?

I think anyone who wants to make it to TC or stay in TC has learned how to play the game.  Look at what happened to Judy last year when she allegedly voiced an opinion.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I too was scratching my head with the nail salon scene, more than anything I wondered what that single mom was thinking, inviting a complete stranger into her home.  But some people might want desperately to be on TV or maybe she was a fan of the show. 

I loved the Travis Wall parts and I felt they showed a lot of the girls dancing which is what I love to see.  Seeing the learning of the jump split was great also.  While I found it beyond boring to watch the girls fill out the personality test (last episode), I didn't mind hearing about the results and the personality types. 

I'm so wondering about the absence of Kitty; have they explained why she's MIA?  If someone already mentioned it and I missed it, my apologies.  I actually don't misher, but just wondering what happened there. 

I'm pulling for the gal who's on the 5th try (Alexandria, I think?), that's a long time to keep working at it.  Still love Amanda and VK.  As for vets; I'm in the minority but I am still a big Maddie fan, I think she's awesome in every way.  I'd love to see more of Gina though, what an amazing dancer!

Does anyone have any guesses on who will be point?  They seem to like a blonde at point so maybe Amy?  They've also been showing Heather more this season.  I'd love to see either Maddie or Gina as point, but I doubt it will be either.   Show group auditions next week!  Woo-hoooo!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I am impressed with Victoria. What classes did she do? Did she do classes through DCC?  Where is Kitty this year? 

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, FutureDCC said:

Yes! Ashley's cut in particular seemed VERY abrupt. I knew it was coming (I'm already spoiled) but the way they went about it seemed.. off. Not even a warning or prior convo about kicks.. just got the axe. Which is extra weird because they've praised her in past episodes for her dance, look, and being liked by her teammates. Usually they give at least a little time to see improvement. I'm wondering if there's more that we just didn't see.

There's definitely a lot more going on than we see, so it probably wasn't as abrupt as it appeared to us. In 8 weeks of TC, there's only so much they can squeeze into a 42 minute show. I just wish CMT would edit it better so it didn't look so abrupt. *sigh* wishful thinking.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

The more they show Kat mugging for the camera the less pretty she seems. Since her looks are all she has that's not a good thing. 

I find it borderline unethical to discuss the results of a personality test--even a pseudoscientific one--in public.

I completely agree with these two cuts.

Meredith may well be the most beautiful DCC/TCC candidate ever.

They showed Victoria bend over and her stomach was perfectly flat. Not even the tiniest bulge.

Alexandra made me tear up a little when she was talking about the uniform.

Huh, I assumed Chandi had an Indian background. Pretty girl but a bit wall-eyed which I find distracting. Great dancer, though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Opine said:

Conspiracy theory - They really like Ashley at tryouts.  She definitely had the look.  Kelli was soooooo cold - they found some dirt on her.  Someone tattled something.

Go to page 88 of the Auditions, Finals and TC thread.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I’m so overwhelmed with thoughts. Going to try to nail them down.

Travis Wall. I’m a huge SYTYCD fan but have never really liked him. Was probably in the minority celebrating Benji winning season 2. Well this just proves why. How desperate to come back do you have to be to say VK was the best in the room?? Gina SLAYED, Lisa crushed it, Rachel W blew it out of the water. But Victoria was the best? Yikes

Kat got my attention in a good way for literally 5 seconds when she said she would be homeless with that adorable kitty before she would stay somewhere without her (him?). Other than that I’m honestly so not impressed. With her dance, attitude, attention seeking, etc

The cuts were super weird, abrupt and very cold. Like everyone else has said, to do it mid way through rehearsal must be devastating.. and to not even warn Ashley, when certain other people spent more time in the office last year than they did dancing...blah

Thank you all for coming to my Ted Talk

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Stephieg84 said:

The cuts were super weird, abrupt and very cold. Like everyone else has said, to do it mid way through rehearsal must be devastating.. and to not even warn Ashley, when certain other people spent more time in the office last year than they did dancing...blah

That's happened before.  Sorry I'm blanking on which TCCs

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

That's happened before.  Sorry I'm blanking on which TCCs

I’m well aware. Many times. But usually they are not cut the first night they get critiqued on the field. Especially not this early on in TC

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Stephieg84 said:

I’m well aware. Many times. But usually they are not cut the first night they get critiqued on the field. Especially not this early on in TC

I could swear I remember someone getting cut on first or 2nd night of "filmed" TC but again I'm blanking on specifics or names.  Moving on...

Edited by DCCFanInKy · Reason: clarity
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I rewatched to see the jiggling during the kickline and I agree it's probably Lauren. 

I also noticed that during the uniform fitting I saw a lot of rookies either being interviewed or dancing in their new uniform, but not Lauren and not Bret. 

Travis Wall giggling about being a DCC was the cutest thing ever! 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I'm glad they did the kick line, and jump split this early, at least on camera.    As Kelli said before they went to the field,  if you can't kick, and won't do the jump split, then you aren't going to make the team. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Don't bring ladies into camp that can't kick. Waste of their time and gets their hopes up. 

Edited by ElenaFR
  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

I just watched the part of this episode where Travis Wall was teaching.  He was just too cute/funny when he was learning the combo from the DCC 🙂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Now poor Sheryl will be known as the Harbinger of Doom.

I was thinking Grim Reaper, but yeah, that’ll work.

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, dccfangirl said:

Her kicks were terrible tho. As bad as I've seen in 14 seasons in TC.

I think race car / lift kit truck Taylor’s kicks were just as bad and they let her stick around in camp lunch longer.  Gave her as much time as they could.

Ashley was the 2nd highest scoring TCC at auditions - only behind VK of the TCCs and above several vets.   And now she’s the first cut all of a sudden w/ no chance to improve?

I’m with the poster above who says they found out something they didn’t like after TC started and used the kicks as an excuse.

  • Like 10
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I noticed Lily and VK’s uniforms also had the Velcro patches for the stars sewn onto them.

A lot of the TCCs appear to be wearing the same eyeshadow and matte lipstick color. Anyone have insight as to whether there is a makeup protocol they need follow? 

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, DragonFlyzz said:

I think it might be Lauren.  She looks a little soft in her midsection.

Yes.  Lauren’s face is absolutely adorable, and she has a cute figure, but she needs to lose a few pounds and tone up for DCC.  Her dance isn’t the best, but she’s cute enough that if she were thinner that almost wouldn’t matter.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

My thoughts on the episode.

The cutting of Ashley seem very abrupt and it didn’t make sense to me they wouldn’t at least warn her considering how high she scored at finals.  I will read that page of the spoiler thread to find out more.

Gina Marie cut needed to happen - she was in way over her head and shouldn’t have even made camp.  Can’t remember or learn choreography at all (how did they not see this at semis??), and seems way too immature and emotional.

Kat is just a mess IMO.  She has no dance training (we learned that for sure) and it shows, her personality is too wild and she seems very self-centered.  And that scene at the nail salon was cringe.  Is she broke and can’t afford a place or what?   Like what’s the holdup that she’s in K&J’s office crying about it to distract from how they called her in to tell her she can’t dance?  And she can’t find time to practice when she’s staying at a hotel w/ no job?  Just doesn’t make sense. 

Travis Wall doing that DCC routine at point was one of my favorite moments ever on the show - a was laughing so hard.   So fun.  Her sure is a Victoria fan isn’t he?   I wonder if when he said she was the best in the room if he meant the best of all the girls in pink or actually the whole room?   She could seriously be a future point girl if she’s standing out that much.

TCC Lauren is adorable, but she needs to lose a little weight.

I agree with the poster who said Maddie looks so out of place w/ the rest of the girls.   She looks like an awkward high school girl who won a contest and gets to spend a day in with the DCC pretending she’s on the squad.   Ugh.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Stephieg84 said:

I’m so overwhelmed with thoughts. Going to try to nail them down.

Travis Wall. I’m a huge SYTYCD fan but have never really liked him. Was probably in the minority celebrating Benji winning season 2. Well this just proves why. How desperate to come back do you have to be to say VK was the best in the room?? Gina SLAYED, Lisa crushed it, Rachel W blew it out of the water. But Victoria was the best? Yikes

Kat got my attention in a good way for literally 5 seconds when she said she would be homeless with that adorable kitty before she would stay somewhere without her (him?). Other than that I’m honestly so not impressed. With her dance, attitude, attention seeking, etc

The cuts were super weird, abrupt and very cold. Like everyone else has said, to do it mid way through rehearsal must be devastating.. and to not even warn Ashley, when certain other people spent more time in the office last year than they did dancing...blah

Thank you all for coming to my Ted Talk

Preach sister. Victoria did a great job, but no way was she better than my girl Gina. Also agree that Lisa and Rachel W crushed it as well. 

31 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

My thoughts on the episode.

The cutting of Ashley seem very abrupt and it didn’t make sense to me they wouldn’t at least warn her considering how high she scored at finals.  I will read that page of the spoiler thread to find out more.

Gina Marie cut needed to happen - she was in way over her head and shouldn’t have even made camp.  Can’t remember or learn choreography at all (how did they not see this at semis??), and seems way too immature and emotional.

Kat is just a mess IMO.  She has no dance training (we learned that for sure) and it shows, her personality is too wild and she seems very self-centered.  And that scene at the nail salon was cringe.  Is she broke and can’t afford a place or what?   Like what’s the holdup that she’s in K&J’s office crying about it to distract from how they called her in to tell her she can’t dance?  And she can’t find time to practice when she’s staying at a hotel w/ no job?  Just doesn’t make sense. 

Travis Wall doing that DCC routine at point was one of my favorite moments ever on the show - a was laughing so hard.   So fun.  Her sure is a Victoria fan isn’t he?   I wonder if when he said she was the best in the room if he meant the best of all the girls in pink or actually the whole room?   She could seriously be a future point girl if she’s standing out that much.

TCC Lauren is adorable, but she needs to lose a little weight.

I agree with the poster who said Maddie looks so out of place w/ the rest of the girls.   She looks like an awkward high school girl who won a contest and gets to spend a day in with the DCC pretending she’s on the squad.   Ugh.

🙋‍♀️It was me, and you said what I was trying to say, but all I could manage was she should never be made point. You articulated my feelings much better. Not holding my breath though.... Kelli seems to love her. I don’t get it.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

I could swear I remember someone getting cut on first or 2nd night of "filmed" TC but again I'm blanking on specifics or names.  Moving on...

Was It was that Carla chick whose boyfriend sent Kelli compromising photos of her?

Edited by PrincessLeia

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/30/2019 at 11:41 PM, PrincessLeia said:

I just can’t with Maddie anymore. The scene when she’s talking to the rookies about going out and trying the jump split just completly answer why she SHOULD NEVER BE POINT. She looks like a 12 year old playing dress up. 

Ughh this scene bothered me so much too. Her voice, her body language, her overall demeanor.. all of it screams awkward babyface tomboy with the bad perm.

Edited by NMDD43
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Route66 said:

It's clear whenever Victoria's name gets announced there's excessive cheering and loud clapping. You saw it when she's called into camp and when Travis pulled her out. Does anyone else think it's odd? As if everyone is more enthused about VK than anyone else. 

I noticed this in the earlier episodes as well. I'm beginning to think that the producers have the same sound bite they continually use on her scenes

That was pretty lame of them to cut Ashley and Gina Marie literally right after announcing groups. "Here's your group! Haha just kidding!"

Also, what is up with Meredith's teeth? Real or fake?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

I noticed this in the earlier episodes as well. I'm beginning to think that the producers have the same sound bite they continually use on her scenes

That was pretty lame of them to cut Ashley and Gina Marie literally right after announcing groups. "Here's your group! Haha just kidding!"

Also, what is up with Meredith's teeth? Real or fake?

Meredith reminds me of  a combination of 1) Lee Merriweather playing Catwoman in TV's Batman and 2) Jennifer Coolidge playing Sophie in Two Broke Girls....

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I noticed Lily and VK’s uniforms also had the Velcro patches for the stars sewn onto them.

A lot of the TCCs appear to be wearing the same eyeshadow and matte lipstick color. Anyone have insight as to whether there is a makeup protocol they need follow? 

What I noticed was that Victoria's uniform was the only one shown with the fringe already on it. What's up with that?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Sandy L said:

What I noticed was that Victoria's uniform was the only one shown with the fringe already on it. What's up with that?

Just watched it again. Kristin and Lily's uniforms had the fringe on as well. Those two along with Victoria made it as far as the cameo shoot so that was their uniforms from last year.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Pj3422 said:

I was thinking Grim Reaper, but yeah, that’ll work.

As they would say in Football Training Camp, Sheryl has become " The Turk"

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Yes.  Lauren’s face is absolutely adorable, and she has a cute figure, but she needs to lose a few pounds and tone up for DCC.  Her dance isn’t the best, but she’s cute enough that if she were thinner that almost wouldn’t matter.

Well, Judy made her opinion of Lauren VERY clear.....I haven't seen her voice such a strong opinion in a long time. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Finally was able to watch the ep just now. Yikes! I feel so bad for Ashley. Her cut seemed kinda harsh.  She was so sweet and I wanted it for her. I mean, with her dance and leadership background, I was super surprised that they didn't keep her a bit longer to see if she can get her flexibility up. I mean she was the 2nd highest scoring rookie. So I'm shocked.  I keep wondering if its because of what happen with Malena and Victoria last year that made Kelli  a bit harder on the girls this year? Both of them but especially Malena were kept WAY too long in TC and the end result was Malena's utter breakdown. So maybe Kelli is done with dragging it out and giving too many chances? 

I'm still on Kat's side. I kinda feel bad that she doesn't have any emotional or financial support from her family. And finding a decent living situation on the fly is HARD.  I  sympathize with her. You can see some of the girls like Chandi and Amanda are getting help from Mom and Dad. I have a bit more respect for the girls who make it on their own. I think she might be one of the ones who will be meh right out of the gate but will continue to dance up the ranks as the weeks go by like Ashlee and Madeline M did.

Christina-Lowest vet. That's probably because she was starting to get too comfortable on the but I think a hard talk could fix that. Still, I personally would of kept Gabby over her. Belly issues and all. Im just not a fan of Christina's look. 

Meredith- I find her so beautiful and I like her style. Shes on the struggle bus right now but Im curious to see how much she transforms as the weeks go by.

Victoria- I personally don't find her face attractive or sexy to look at. Different taste levels I guess. Maybe when her swimsuit calendar shoot rolls around that will change my option.  But she has the body and legs to die for! I seriously want to know her diet and workout plans. She looks good!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/30/2019 at 10:21 PM, Tornado said:

Oh you missed the kick line and teaching of the jump splits, as well as maybe 5min segment on uniform fitting. They hardly spent any time at all on uniform fitting. Interesting thing that I noticed. They handed VK her uniform from last season. It was on a hanger with the dry cleaning plastic covering it. The other rookies got handed an uncovered unpressed uniform

I wonder if Kelli and the seamstress expected last year's uniform to fit perfectly , or even better needed to be taken in .

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, ElenaFR said:

Don't bring ladies into camp that can't kick. Waste of their time and gets their hopes up. 

I’d only understand this decision if they knew she wouldn’t be able to bring her kicks up, but wanted to give her some experience in the dcc style to get her to work on her flexibility over winter and come back stronger. But since shr was the first cut, that was just another example of poor judgement.

16 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

I think race car / lift kit truck Taylor’s kicks were just as bad and they let her stick around in camp lunch longer.  Gave her as much time as they could.

Ashley was the 2nd highest scoring TCC at auditions - only behind VK of the TCCs and above several vets.   And now she’s the first cut all of a sudden w/ no chance to improve?

I’m with the poster above who says they found out something they didn’t like after TC started and used the kicks as an excuse.

I think this shows how bad their selection process is. If your only rookie with a perfect score kept falling over her turns and your second highest couldn’t even kick to the point of being the very first cut, then you’re doing a terrible job at scoring your candidates.

  • Like 17
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I’d only understand this decision if they knew she wouldn’t be able to bring her kicks up, but wanted to give her some experience in the dcc style to get her to work on her flexibility over winter and come back stronger. But since shr was the first cut, that was just another example of poor judgement.

I think this shows how bad their selection process is. If your only rookie with a perfect score kept falling over her turns and your second highest couldn’t even kick to the point of being the very first cut, then you’re doing a terrible job at scoring your candidates.

Their selection process has been highly debated for years and it's been shown that Kelli has a penchant for the pretty girls who can't dance while Judy just wants the girls who can dance (and it doesn't hurt if they're attractive).  If Kelli listened to Judy more often, they'd have a highly talented group who could perform.  Instead, they have a bunch of pretty girls that often have to have extra lessons to get where they need to be (even throughout the season) or do just one year before getting cut. 

In addition, the "only rookie with a perfect score" likely had nothing of the sort if objectively scored, but I feel that the "perfect" score was due entirely (or mostly so) to nepotism, favoritism and pressure from Charlotte and Kelli and NOT due to Victoria's skills, abilities and talents.  Victoria has shown absolutely NO growth in her dancing (as evidenced by her turning abilities), she seemed to have not only been given advanced notice of what questions she was going to be asked in the interview, but those questions were easy compared to what the other girls were given, and has been given a great (and highly selective) edit this year compared to the hot mess she was last year.  I highly doubt she could improve THAT much over a year unless something significant outside the control of Tina, Kelli and Victoria happened to change her and that would have touched her in all SORTS of ways including physically.

The second highest-rated girl had a LOT of things going for her, but I doubt that low kicks were the reason she was cut.  If her kicks were truly that bad (and they didn't think Training Camp would give her enough time to fix them), they shouldn't have brought her into camp.  If it were just kicks, they should have given her more time to fix them as they have with other girls brought into camp.  There has to be other reasons she was cut so quickly and clinically and kicks were just the reason. 

I've questioned Kelli's judgement about girls for YEARS and the past three years have just cemented the fact that Kelli should really be replaced and soon because she's losing the touch that made the team so great.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Their selection process has been highly debated for years and it's shown that Kelli has a penchant for the pretty girls who can't dance while Judy just wants the girls who can dance (and it doesn't hurt if they're attractive).  If Kelli listened to Judy more often, they'd have a highly talented group who could perform.  Instead, they have a bunch of pretty girls that often have to have extra lessons to get where they need to be (even throughout the season) or do just one year before getting cut. 

In addition, the "only rookie with a perfect score" likely had nothing of the sort if objectively scored, but I feel that the "perfect" score was due entirely (or mostly so) to nepotism, favoritism and pressure from Charlotte and Kelli and NOT due to Victoria's skills, abilities and talents.  Victoria has shown absolutely NO growth in her dancing (as evidenced by her turning abilities), she seemed to have not only been given advanced notice of what questions she was going to be asked in the interview, but those questions were easy compared to what the other girls were given, and has been given a great (and highly selective) edit this year compared to the hot mess she was last year.  I highly doubt she could improve THAT much over a year unless something significant outside the control of Tina, Kelli and Victoria happened to change her and that would have touched her in all SORTS of ways including physically.

The second highest-rated girl had a LOT of things going for her, but I doubt that low kicks were the reason she was cut.  If her kicks were truly that bad (and they didn't think Training Camp would give her enough time to fix them), they shouldn't have brought her into camp.  If it were just kicks, they should have given her more time to fix them as they have with other girls brought into camp.  There has to be other reasons she was cut so quickly and clinically and kicks were just the reason. 

I've questioned Kelli's judgement about girls for YEARS and the past three years have just cemented the fact that Kelli should really be replaced and soon because she's losing the touch that made the team so great.

I agree a 100%. For Ashley, I don’t doubt that was just a cover up for the real reason of cutting her. But still, why would you be ok with making it seem like you overlooked her bad kicks to bring her into tc, but they were so beyond improvement that you abruptly cut her during the second week? They could’ve said she’s not picking up choreo fast enough or whatever-we have no way of verifying that and they don’t need to show it tbh.

Share this post


Link to post

I felt backhanded for Ashley and I wasn't even cheering for her, but something def feels suspect......

I wonder if the personality test exposed her for having a brain or something...thats to dangerous in DCC world. 

Gina Marie not so much, this season they seem to be over having to carry girls to the end knowing they never had a chance.

Edited by Dal8las
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

I’d only understand this decision if they knew she wouldn’t be able to bring her kicks up, but wanted to give her some experience in the dcc style to get her to work on her flexibility over winter and come back stronger. But since shr was the first cut, that was just another example of poor judgement.

I think this shows how bad their selection process is. If your only rookie with a perfect score kept falling over her turns and your second highest couldn’t even kick to the point of being the very first cut, then you’re doing a terrible job at scoring your candidates.

Which is why I think they need more judges with dance backgrounds!!

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

If Ashley's cut was due to rumors and gossip about her time with the DMD, that still seems suspect. It's clear from the show that K&J are in touch with other dance instructors, studio owners, and coaches in and around the DFW dance and cheer scene. If there was something suspicious about Ashley, it seems they'd have heard about it from their sources.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Ashley although beautiful and well thought of by her fellow Dallas Maverick dancers Lexie and Alexis, she had low kicks.  It's sad.........she would have looked great in the uniform.  She also seemed more stompy in her dancing probably because of NBA style.

Better to cut her now.  

As far as the rumors about Ashley, I do not buy in to them.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion but vulgar vague unsubstantiated rumors is not something I want to buy in to.

Kind of like the Gina quit......................which she did not.

Young Gina should have never made camp.  She is young and cute and has no memory.  What she did trying to do  the jump split, she could have hurt someone.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Drogo

NO SPOILERS HERE.  Click HERE to read the rules before posting.

Clairvoyant comments about who makes show group, point and the final team do not belong here.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...