Type keyword(s) to search

The Nevarro News: The Mandalorian in the Media

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

Damn, that looks expensive.

Very. And after watching the trailer a few times, I really like it. But something I'm wondering. Look at the opening shot of the ship. Does it remind anyone else of the Serenity from Firefly?

• Love 2

Looks like they're going all out with the Western tropes and leaning heavily on Boba Fett's iconic status (all Mandalorians wear armour like that, as far as I'm aware). It should be a lot of fun, even if it probably isn't going to run for years and years. Looks too pricey for even Disney to keep committing resources to, after they've locked people in to using Disney+.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, starri said:

So the Mandalorian is the Star Wars Man With No Name?

Certainly seems that way. But I kind of suspect that the last scene of the last ep, he'll remove his helmet and tell everyone that he's a Fett. Or maybe a Wren. I'd prefer Ordo or Vau, but it's not my call.

• Love 1
On 8/24/2019 at 5:40 PM, Anduin said:

Certainly seems that way. But I kind of suspect that the last scene of the last ep, he'll remove his helmet and tell everyone that he's a Fett. Or maybe a Wren. I'd prefer Ordo or Vau, but it's not my call.

Clan Ordo!!! 😁

I've played that game too many times 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, AheadofStraight said:

We're all over here fangirling over Pedro and some of the time it's not him in that costume.... https://www.vulture.com/2019/12/the-mandalorian-pedro-pascal-double-stunt-performer.html

I had read that it was mostly the stunt double on set for episode 4, but it's kinda disappointing if it was ALL the stunt double. There was another interview with Bryce where she said she barely worked Pedro, but in this one it sounds like she never did. Ah well, at least it's all his voice!

I had read that most of the time it's actually Brendan Wayne, John Wayne's grandson, in that armor.

It's not really a surprise.  Pedro Pascal is a movie star and I can't imagine that a movie star would want to sweat long days on the set in the helmet and the armor.

Here's a more in depth interview with Brendan, and it does sound like he did a ton of scenes. He said Pedro was working on 3 different projects at the time. I'm a bit salty though, because I do think people involved in the show gave the impression that it was Pedro in the suit most of the time (when there weren't stunts involved). I shouldn't really be surprised, since other masked Star Wars characters were different people doing the voice and the movements. But half the character is how he moves and reacts to things, so I am surprised that it wasn't mostly Pedro in the scenes. It's interesting that the producers liked how Brendan walked, so Pedro had to learn how to mimic Brendan! I did notice he walks incredibly slow. lol

Edited by pezgirl7

Truthfully, I've wondered why they just haven't bothered to cast a stuntman full-time as The Mandalorian and only have Pedro providing the voice.  I mean, I suppose you can expect him to be in the costume all the time but then what's the point of saying he's playing The Mandalorian as opposed to being the voice of The Mandalorian?

Interesting about Ron Howard's daughter working with John Wayne's grandson.  I remember seeing an interview where Ron Howard told a story about seeing John Wayne a couple of months before his death.  They had done The Shootist together and Wayne told him he had a movie in mind for just the both of them.  Howard said it was one of the great regrets of his career that it never came to pass.

• Love 1

That was an interesting interview. Since I'm neutral about PascaI I don't feel cheated. Wayne's pretty coy about how many scenes he was in the helmet but I guess it must be a lot considering Pascal was asked to adapt his stride to Wayne's. The stuff with Carl Weathers made me laugh. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, MissLucas said:

That was an interesting interview. Since I'm neutral about PascaI I don't feel cheated. Wayne's pretty coy about how many scenes he was in the helmet but I guess it must be a lot considering Pascal was asked to adapt his stride to Wayne's. The stuff with Carl Weathers made me laugh. 

Yea, I'm thinking it's a lot more scenes than they're letting on. I feel kinda bad for the doubles. I've read a lot of fan comments about how Pascal can emote through the helmet, just by his use of body language. Turns out a lot of that praise should have been given to someone else instead.

• Love 2

I assume they didn't just use a stuntman in the armor and hired a name actor  is because there will come a point in the narrative when the Mandalorian will show his face - and maybe that will be even already at the end of the first season.

Sometimes I wish I could stay away from back ground info on TV shows and movies.  It isn't that attractive to find out how the sausage is made.

However, none of this ruins things for me.  Nick Nolte wasn't really Mando's buddy in the first couple of episode. And what's his name was only Darth Vaders voice.

Edited by magdalene
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, magdalene said:

Sometimes I wish I could stay away from back ground info on TV shows and movies.  It isn't that attractive to find out how the sausage is made.

Yeah! How cute will you guys find Lil' Oda when you see him with some guy's hand sticking up his butt! You guys better "steel" yourselves now!!!

• LOL 1
18 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

Yea, I'm thinking it's a lot more scenes than they're letting on. I feel kinda bad for the doubles. I've read a lot of fan comments about how Pascal can emote through the helmet, just by his use of body language. Turns out a lot of that praise should have been given to someone else instead.

That's kinda where I land on this. Star Wars has a history of this, so no big deal, but I do kinda feel like the guy we're actually watching on screen should be getting dual credit with Pascal. Sort of like what Netflix's Dark Crystal series did - they gave credit to both the voice actors and the puppeteers for each character.

Edited by Kostgard
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, paigow said:

"An old rival extends an invitation for The Mandalorian to make peace.

Given his previous adventures, I'm sure that's going to work out well.

Edited by xaxat
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 12/4/2019 at 7:42 PM, pezgirl7 said:

The head is made of vinyl though. I want one that's 100% soft so I can squish it. 🙂

Disney’s now doing a pre-order on the full plush version. They really nailed it and he looks so adorable. I love the description. “May the hugs be with you!“

E3B55D6A-FA96-4529-8B78-6FFE7CA37381.jpeg

I wasn't sure whether to put this in the media thread, or put it in the Pedro Pascal thread.  I guess it can go to either.  This is not Mandalorian-specific news, but, apparently, both Pedro and Giancarlo Esposito are being considered for this Marvel/Disney+ series: 

Pedro Pascal Rumored for Moon Knight

I guess this rumor of Pedro being a contender for the lead role in Moon Knight was floating around a few days ago and I somehow missed it. 

Edited by TVFan17