Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Week 4, Part 1

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Stan39 said:

I’ll probably get roasted for saying this, but a lot of women will find a guy attractive just by hearing/thinking other women find him attractive.

TBH I don't think that's a gender thing, I think it's a human thing...IMO people always looks better when others think they're something special.

• Love 10
On 8/26/2019 at 7:46 PM, Jaclyn88 said:

You see characters on 90s tv shows that look and act like JPJ , but you hardly ever see a real person who does . His voice/ personality reminds me of Cody from step by step .. (DuUuude) 

I’m dating myself but as another poster said, I just see Jeff Spicoli (without the pot).

Dean is just “honest” enough to reel women into bed. Hey Caelynn, finish this sentence, “If someone shows you who he is...” 

The Chris/Katie drama was clearly manufactured in a feeble attempt to create suspense, as was the Blake/Kristina drama. By the way, I don’t like Kristina. I wouldn’t trust her for a second. 

I don’t understand why Demi and her girlfriend are on this show. Are people now allowed to bring their boyfriends and girlfriends from back home? If not, then Demi and her girlfriend should’ve gone home last week. What is the point of this? Derek has moved on so there is no milking tears from him. 

I think Tayishia (sp) is the prettiest one there. 

Caelynn looked prettier (and much younger) before. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
Kita beat me to it.
  • Love 7

Is Dean wearing a cardigan.from the Lisa Rinna collection? I thought he was wearing a duster at the rose ceremony. Sydney and Mike look great together. With all due respect, I did not need to hear Katie repeat herself 27 times throughout this episode. We get it. We are following. With that being said: Peace out Jen! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, kita said:

Caelynn does not seem to have yet learned a very important rule of dating, which is that if someone tells you who they are: BELIEVE THEM.

I haven't watched Big Brother in many, many years, but I will never forget the guy who at the very beginning told everyone "I will lie."  He then proceeded to lie, and lo and behold, people were shocked!  (I think his name was Will?)

9 hours ago, saber5055 said:

So I guess I could be like Demi, get on the show and date a few guys before telling everyone about my boyfriend at home. The show would then fly him to Paradise so we could sponge off of the craft-services table, have a great vacation together, then get a free Neil Lane ring and get married on teevee.

SWEET!

But Saber5055, you could not possibly be as brave as the most braviest brave person in the whole world (other than Nelson Mandela!), which is obviously Demi.

8 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Wait, seriously? Demi is permanently safe and gets to pick first regardless of how the rest of the show plays out? How did Chris Harrison sell that as being “fair” to everybody else?

Sounds like brave-shaming to me!  

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
On 8/26/2019 at 5:31 PM, carlie said:

Here is a before and after of Caelynn. She was soo pretty! She didn't need all that work done!

What work did she have done?

Anyone else notice Demi's makeup's been a lot different now that Christian is there? The cheekbone bronzer line thing is way more noticeable than last week. 

ETA: I was reading up on reddit and they think lip & cheek injections. Plus veneers. I see that. I guess I still consider "work" to be knife not needle but that's just me.  

Edited by Refresh
  • Love 1

I hate to break it to you guys, but Demi and Kristian aren't going anywhere. TPTB wants that proposal press coverage, so they're dead weight til the end.

JPJ lost me a little this week. You have feelings for Tayshia, but you tongued two other girls in 24 hours and happily slathered lotion in a twin's ass crack? Sure. I thought it was weird and kind of shitty of the producers to frame Tayshia as Derek's healthy rebound when she likes JPJ. I was confused by the JPJ/Derek confrontation in the previews. Please tell me it's not a Jordan/Christian repeat. I don't want JPJ acting jealous and crazy, but I also don't want Derek to be revealed as a douche. Derek's edit is all over the place this season.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

This all reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where George wears a wedding ring and becomes irresistible to a bunch of women at a party.  LOL.  I know that *that's* not real life but it is funny.

That's exactly what I was thinking of, especially because the funny thing is that it even had the same effect on me while I was watching it! 

• LOL 2
13 hours ago, kita said:

As someone previously in the natural sciences field, I am 100% behind you in saying that one study does not a fact make (especially with how greatly many fields have moved to what I like to call "lobby funding" where they get funding to come up with a specific result, but that's another topic entirely)...

I thought that giving you a study, however, would lend more credence than my saying, "Hey JenLily, I've seen this happen a lot in my life so I think it has some merit." I saw someone being called misogynistic for the same point I posted a few weeks ago, like I said, and I stand behind the things I say.

That being said, let's happily move along since I don't want to start seeing posts get deleted in here.

I think we're too late since I can't find JenLily's original post.

4 hours ago, Refresh said:

What work did she have done?

Anyone else notice Demi's makeup's been a lot different now that Christian is there? The cheekbone bronzer line thing is way more noticeable than last week. 

ETA: I was reading up on reddit and they think lip & cheek injections. Plus veneers. I see that. I guess I still consider "work" to be knife not needle but that's just me.  

I didn’t notice much of a difference in those pictures of Caelyn except the top lip. The pictures may have been a few years apart and she may have been younger with more baby fat, less tan in the first one. Camera angle plays a part as well. I know a precious kid who is only 22 and he already gets Botox. It’s so popular these days but neither Botox nor filler is permanent. I don’t consider it “work” either. 

• Love 1

Wow, haven't read comments yet but... I love/hated this episode from the Demi/Kristian opening credit scene to giving Tahzjuan way too much time with her repeated breakdowns over JPJ going on a date.

What did I love? Tayshia smoothly prodding JPJ to explore his options so she could move in on Derek while JPJ was on multiple dates. 

Edited by watchingtvaddict
corrected spelling of names
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, ByTor said:

TBH I don't think that's a gender thing, I think it's a human thing...IMO people always looks better when others think they're something special.

Always. "Pride and Prejudice," chapter three: written in 1797

“Oh! She is the most beautiful creature I ever beheld! But there is one of her sisters sitting down just behind you, who is very pretty, and I dare say very agreeable. Do let me ask my partner to introduce you.”

“Which do you mean?” and turning round he looked for a moment at Elizabeth, till catching her eye, he withdrew his own and coldly said: “She is tolerable, but not handsome enough to tempt me; I am in no humour at present to give consequence to young ladies who are slighted by other men. "

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 8/26/2019 at 7:31 PM, carlie said:

I agree. Here is a before and after of Caelynn. She was soo pretty! She didn't need all that work done!

26v1yhxhvvi31.jpg

I thought she had just aged prematurely and kept trying to figure out how many years it had been since I had last seen her. 

• Love 1
On 8/27/2019 at 12:49 AM, tinkerbell said:

JPJ is high all the time, right? What else could explain the constant laughing?

His speech pattern is like shaggy from scooby-doo, with a little bit of teenage mutant ninja turtle thrown in.

He was most definitely high on some good quality weed during that date with Tahj. If it wasn’t the uncontrollable laughing that gave it away it was the serious case of the munchies. 

On 8/27/2019 at 11:20 AM, woodscommaelle said:

This is a strange observation, but I feel like if Caelynn cut her hair and had a mustache, she'd look exactly like Dean.

Brilliant. 

On 8/27/2019 at 2:12 PM, saber5055 said:

It would have been hilarious if Demi gave her rose to Blake. Or Derek. Or Dean. That would have been worth watching this dreck episode (instead of flipping to ANW and SYTYCD every few minutes like I did.)

Maybe next week one of the women will give the rose to Kristian. Wtf was up with her double breasted cream cocktail dress? She looked like she was in the waiting room for a job interview. And what was that whole thing with JPJ and Demi wrestling on the giant pillows? She is so immature. Her librarian glasses ain’t fooling me. 

It’s too bad Blake’s chin zit couldn’t give out a rose. That thing had quite the camera presence. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Bethanne said:

Maybe next week one of the women will give the rose to Kristian. Wtf was up with her double breasted cream cocktail dress? She looked like she was in the waiting room for a job interview. And what was that whole thing with JPJ and Demi wrestling on the giant pillows? She is so immature. Her librarian glasses ain’t fooling me.

So I haven't had an account since TWOP days, but I caved just to comment on this. Seriously, that dress? It was like a sorority dress/skort (skress?drort?) from Initiation in the 90s.

And Demi leaving Kristian to go fool around on the pillows with JPJ was just rude. Kristian is out of place, doesn't know anyone, and basically looks miserable.

• Love 1
On 8/27/2019 at 10:00 PM, LuvMyShows said:

But Saber5055, you could not possibly be as brave as the most braviest brave person in the whole world (other than Nelson Mandela!), which is obviously Demi.

On 8/27/2019 at 10:00 PM, LuvMyShows said:

Wait, seriously? Demi is permanently safe and gets to pick first regardless of how the rest of the show plays out? How did Chris Harrison sell that as being “fair” to everybody else?

Sounds like brave-shaming to me!  

Lol. The only reaction to that "twist" was a long monologue of someone's (Caelynn?) about braveness or some shit. The same-sex angle of it has completely tied the hands of anyone who would (correctly) find it unfair and want to protest. 

And Kristian could not seem more uncomfortable there, so it seems especially pointless to have her join the cast. And as viewers, are we really supposed to be looking forward to a proposal between these 2 when Demi was sucking face with Derek just 2 weeks before. I wish they'd do away with the proposal aspect altogether for this dumb show, it's even less plausible than on the parent show. 

Of course. It's part of the madness of the original show, dolts like Chris Soules and Colton seem like Prince Charming when there are 25 other girls fighting for them. Once that goes away, so goes the relationship, usually. 

JPJ lost me a little this week. You have feelings for Tayshia, but you tongued two other girls in 24 hours and happily slathered lotion in a twin's ass crack? Sure. I thought it was weird and kind of shitty of the producers to frame Tayshia as Derek's healthy rebound when she likes JPJ. I was confused by the JPJ/Derek confrontation in the previews. Please tell me it's not a Jordan/Christian repeat. I don't want JPJ acting jealous and crazy, but I also don't want Derek to be revealed as a douche. Derek's edit is all over the place this season.

He was cold-blooded toward the girl he'd gone on the date with the night before when he left with Haley. He popped over to say hello and then ran away mid-sentence when he spotted Haley. 

It's kind of a rock and hard place situation, but I'm ultimately glad he chose Haley just so the crazy train could derail early. That was just too much and I ultimately started to feel bad for her. She was clearly trying to become a character, but the edit made her look like a complete lunatic and it almost became sad. 

That being said, I hope Haley gets the boot soon too, I don't like either of the twins, but she's the boring one. 

Dean himself ever told her that after Paradise he's going to be a vagabond for like 9 months w/o flexing to fit her into that plan and a little production supplied birthday cake assuages all her fears?? She deserves whatever is to come.

All she really wants is for him to say she's the one that'll change him. I don't know if she actually even wants him as he is (crazy lifestyle, terrible mustache, etc), but she wants to be "the one" to someone, whether it be Blake, Dean, whoever, and it just keeps not working out. 

• Love 6