Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

S06.E07: Week 4, Part 1

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, JenLily said:

Wow. That's incredibly misogynistic and you should get roasted for saying that. I guess it's beyond your imagination that individual women have individual tastes and different men can appeal to them for different reasons.

But...I...that's true? Of both sexes? And I am pretty sure I said almost the exact same thing a few weeks ago. Both men and women are influenced by this. There was actually a recent study: https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/women-men-relationships-more-attractive-dating-romance-university-study-a8185026.html

Other outlets have reported on the same study.

14 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

When will these dummies learn that Dean is the guy you have a fling with, he is not boyfriend material.

Caelynn does not seem to have yet learned a very important rule of dating, which is that if someone tells you who they are: BELIEVE THEM.

Edited by kita · Reason: Found the Independent's link to study
  • Like 23
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

48 minutes ago, MMLEsq said:

Here is how the roses were distributed:

Demi --> Kristian
Dylan --> Hannah
Clay --> Nicole
Mike --> Sydney
Dean --> Caelynn
Blake --> Kristina
Derek --> Tayshia
John Paul Jones --> Haley
Chris --> Katie

Which meant Caitlin, Jen and Tahzjuan went home.

Did they explain why Demi was considered a “man” and had a rose to give in the first place?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

   At least Caelynn's trying to find someone out there.  I don't mind Caitlynn either.  However you might spell that.  Too bad Blake is so stupid.

I previously thought that Caelynn was just a shallow drama queen, but last night I actually understood her frustration.  She seems to be there hoping for a committed relationship.  Dean basically told her, "Hey, don't expect much from a loser like me." 

Blake tried to comfort her, and she told him not to touch her.  Last week she would have been all over Blake.  She appears to be burned out and over it.   This is the first step toward leaving "Paradise" and meeting a nice guy, Caelynn!

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Did they explain why Demi was considered a “man” and had a rose to give in the first place?

She's not "considered a man".  She's going first regardless of who is handing out the roses.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

I’ll probably get roasted for saying this, but a lot of women will find a guy attractive just by hearing/thinking other women find him attractive. The best thing to happen to Dean (or Blake or anyone) was going on this show and have women fight over them, because that gives other women the impression that they’re desirable.

54 minutes ago, JenLily said:

Wow. That's incredibly misogynistic and you should get roasted for saying that. I guess it's beyond your imagination that individual women have individual tastes and different men can appeal to them for different reasons. I knew women who were super into Dean and Blake because of how they were portrayed on their respective seasons and then promptly lost interest because of how they acted (or are currently acting) once they got on BiP. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that these women liked what they saw on TV, too, and went after them because of that. Frankly we'll never know how those men treated those women outside of the show because there weren't any cameras there so if they were sweet and kind and affectionate, it wouldn't surprise me at all that they're still hung up on that. I don't know any women who didn't fall for some jerk who said and did the right things and still kept giving them chance after chance despite him revealing himself as an asshole simply because they couldn't let go of the fantasy that was offered them at the beginning.

And just so you know, I had a crush on David Spade for a while and it had nothing to do with him dating hot women. His sense of humor gets me every time I see him give an interview on TV and that made him attractive to me.

Good god, man.

Wow, extremely misogynistic?  I think that’s a little harsh.  I think everyone does that to an extent.  In this particular sitcom, I think it’s just more apparent in the women because of editing.  And btw, David Spade is a VERY hot commodity with very beautiful women because of his humor and him being an amazingly attentive and respectful boyfriend.  

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, JenLily said:

I’ll probably get roasted for saying this, but a lot of women will find a guy attractive just by hearing/thinking other women find him attractive.


This is not entirely untrue - I've witnessed cases of this and fallen victim to it myself - in my late teens/early 20s when we all dated for sport and our only goal was not paying for drinks at a bar.

Forgive my utter ignorance and penchant for rule-following, but an invitation to Paradise was supposedly predicated upon being open to a relationship (ie single) and wanting to find love?

Demi and her girlfriend have found it. They no longer need to be there. Dean doesn't want a relationship and isn't open to one. Why is he still there? I grow weary of keeping people around for drama, just to hurt others. And if Derek is so heartbroken over Demi, of all people, then he should get off the beach too. 

I think the show might be done for me after this iteration. I'm bored to tears, and I don't even know what I'm watching anymore. The only guy I'm rooting for, Bukowski, was shown for about 4 minutes tonight. Epic fail, show. 

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

I liked goofy cray cray Tazhjuan, thought she was a lot of fun and I was sorry to see her leave so soon.  She would have been comedy gold crying at the bar in front of Wells.  I wish JP had saved her so she could meet someone new coming on the island, instead of that blonde stick.

  • Like 7
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, nittanycougar said:

This is the first step toward leaving "Paradise" and meeting a nice guy, Caelynn!

Let's be honest, they'd all be better off doing that. But normal life doesn't rake in the Instabucks!

Does anyone remember someone setting a bed on fire? I thought it was one of the pageant girls, Hannah Brown or Caelynn. Someone brought it up in a forum at one point but I can't think of it at the moment.

What is Mike doing, anyway? Everytime we see him and Sydney, they're playing on the beach for 0.6 seconds. If they're actually dating, I would like to see it! Give them a date card instead of Demi and her girlfriend who had dates at home!!

As much as I like JPJ (he reminds me of a good friend in several ways), I do think he is much brighter than he lets on and is trying to set himself up for a Bachelor edit. 🤔 So it will be between the forelorn abandoned love interests, JPJ and Derek, for next Bach!

  • Like 1
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Demi and her girlfriend have found it. They no longer need to be there. Dean doesn't want a relationship and isn't open to one. Why is he still there? I grow weary of keeping people around for drama, just to hurt others. And if Derek is so heartbroken over Demi, of all people, then he should get off the beach too. 

The show has changed... now with all the engagements, if you are serious, you stick around to the end to get a Neil Lane ring.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, kita said:

But...I...that's true? Of both sexes? And I am pretty sure I said almost the exact same thing a few weeks ago. Both men and women are influenced by this. There was actually a recent study: https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/women-men-relationships-more-attractive-dating-romance-university-study-a8185026.html

Other outlets have reported on the same study.

I don't really think that one study that consists of 49 people necessarily extrapolates out that this phenomenon is "true." Even the other study that they linked to provided no details other than results.

6 minutes ago, LisainCali said:

Wow, extremely misogynistic?  I think that’s a little harsh.  I think everyone does that to an extent.  In this particular sitcom, I think it’s just more apparent in the women because of editing.  And btw, David Spade is a VERY hot commodity with very beautiful women because of his humor and him being an amazingly attentive and respectful boyfriend.  

I don't think it's harsh at all, particularly since I've noticed for the past few seasons that the person I quoted has said some broad negative things about women using the women in this franchise as an example. So I'll give you that I may have reacted with some fire because this specific person made this statement. But I still think that to make a comment that women fighting over a guy makes other women think he's desirable is inherently misogynistic.

I respectfully disagree that everyone does this but I do think you're right that it's more apparent here not necessarily because of the editing but because they keep bringing on extremely young people who don't have the maturity or the experience to see what's happening in front of them, which perhaps lend themselves to being more vulnerable to what other people think. However, I also think that it's unfair to these women to disregard the impact of the personal experiences they had with Blake outside of their seasons.

Sigh. I don't know, guys. I might just be jaded here. I feel nothing for any of these guys (or girls for that matter) because I know production is presenting all of them a certain way to further whatever story they want to tell. But because I have that knowledge I can completely accept the fact that these people come to Paradise with a specific image in mind of specific people and that's why they're there, not just that they like someone because other people want (or wanted) them. I won't paint them with a broad stroke because I just feel sorry that they're so easily manipulated by what they see on TV.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, JenLily said:

I don't really think that one study that consists of 49 people necessarily extrapolates out that this phenomenon is "true." Even the other study that they linked to provided no details other than results.

As someone previously in the natural sciences field, I am 100% behind you in saying that one study does not a fact make (especially with how greatly many fields have moved to what I like to call "lobby funding" where they get funding to come up with a specific result, but that's another topic entirely)...

I thought that giving you a study, however, would lend more credence than my saying, "Hey JenLily, I've seen this happen a lot in my life so I think it has some merit." I saw someone being called misogynistic for the same point I posted a few weeks ago, like I said, and I stand behind the things I say.

That being said, let's happily move along since I don't want to start seeing posts get deleted in here.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

30 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

The show has changed... now with all the engagements, if you are serious, you stick around to the end to get a Neil Lane ring.

So I guess I could be like Demi, get on the show and date a few guys before telling everyone about my boyfriend at home. The show would then fly him to Paradise so we could sponge off of the craft-services table, have a great vacation together, then get a free Neil Lane ring and get married on teevee.

SWEET!

  • Like 9
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, kita said:

I thought that giving you a study, however, would lend more credence than my saying, "Hey JenLily, I've seen this happen a lot in my life so I think it has some merit." I saw someone being called misogynistic for the same point I posted a few weeks ago, like I said, and I stand behind the things I say.

Naw, I get it and I appreciate it. I think I’m just over sensitive today. I shouldn’t let BiP get me all het up. It’s supposed to be brain candy not brain kale, LOL! 

New topic: I loved seeing the crab hide in the sand when Tahz was having her meltdown. I felt the same way. 😂 And I miss those fun cutaways to the critters in Paradise. I hope they do more. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Stan39 said:

I'll probably get roasted for saying this, but a lot of women will find a guy attractive just by hearing/thinking other women find him attractive.

True this. And it works the other way too. When I got engaged, all of a sudden men who had never looked at me before wanted to go out with me, and more than one married man suggested we spend the weekend together. Or just "go to his house since the wife was away." I've never had so much attention in my life.

It all ended, however, when the engagement got called off and all of a sudden I was no longer desirable. Even though I was the same person throughout.

Edited by saber5055
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, kita said:

What is Mike doing, anyway? Everytime we see him and Sydney, they're playing on the beach for 0.6 seconds. If they're actually dating, I would like to see it! Give them a date card instead of Demi and her girlfriend who had dates at home!!

I'm beginning to think my girl Sydney has angered the gods of Paradise  or something.  Last night I noticed they didn't even keep the camera on her while she was accepting her rose.  I find her face so beautiful that last week  I got out my set of Chinese watercolors and did a painting of her.  My family thinks it's the best thing I've ever done!  ( Not a high bar, to be honest.)  But she's my muse now and I want to look at her darn it!

To me it's been painfully honest since Junior High that once someone, girl or boy, has been declared "cute,"  almost everyone else will think the same.  Certain claims to fame like making the football team or being a cheerleader grant an automatic "cute," from the very start.

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

She's not "considered a man".  She's going first regardless of who is handing out the roses.

Wait, seriously? Demi is permanently safe and gets to pick first regardless of how the rest of the show plays out? How did Chris Harrison sell that as being “fair” to everybody else?

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

She's not "considered a man".  She's going first regardless of who is handing out the roses.

Yes, but why?  The fact that she is going first regardless is indicative of the fact that she isn't being treated as a woman either.  This episode, the men gave roses to the women.  She gave out a rose.  She wasn't being treated like the rest of the women.

So every episode, it will be either her or her girlfriend handing out a rose to the other one?  It's not like there's ever any possibility that they are going to choose anyone else, is there?

I guess if you're saying the show is now about making it to the end to see if you want to marry each other, that's fine.  But that doesn't seem to be what I thought was the premise of the show, which was to find someone ON THE SHOW and see how your relationship grows and develops amidst the temptation of being in paradise with other attractive competitors.  There are no competitors for these two as there are presumably no other women on this show who are open to a relationship with a woman.

I just don't get the point of treating her like she's special.  If the point is to show that, hey, Bachelor franchise is finally embracing same sex couples just like they are no different than hetero couples, then perhaps having her with the men and "go first" because it's a different situation takes away from that.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

31 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Wait, seriously? Demi is permanently safe and gets to pick first regardless of how the rest of the show plays out? How did Chris Harrison sell that as being “fair” to everybody else?

It would have been hilarious if Demi gave her rose to Blake. Or Derek. Or Dean. That would have been worth watching this dreck episode (instead of flipping to ANW and SYTYCD every few minutes like I did.)

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

There must be something about Derek that isn’t working for these women . He is really good looking and seems like he has a calm , nice ,funny personality although they only ever show snippets of him . He was engaged to Taylor but I believe he said she left him for another guy .. and no one else in paradise ever seems interested in him even though by the looks of it, he’s one of the best catches there . He either smells weird or has a side to him that’s not too attractive . 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

He was engaged to Taylor but I believe he said she left him for another guy

Wait, did she though? I remember being really confused during his histrionics post-Demi because he kept going on and on about how this keeps happening to him and no one loves him and people always leave him and I was like, "Wait, didn't you get engaged last summer?" And I could've sworn I read somewhere that the reason they broke up was due to distance. Did I miss something?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, JenLily said:

Wait, did she though? I remember being really confused during his histrionics post-Demi because he kept going on and on about how this keeps happening to him and no one loves him and people always leave him and I was like, "Wait, didn't you get engaged last summer?" And I could've sworn I read somewhere that the reason they broke up was due to distance. Did I miss something?

Actually you’re probably right . Just looked it up and it looks like it was mostly because of the distance and he said that he was working a regular job in New York and she wanted to travel and take advantage of bachelor life ( though he’s the one on this mess of a show again.) I just assumed when he said that people always leave him for someone else , that he was referring to Taylor . But I really don’t know what he saw in her . She had the most annoying voice and personality in bachelor history . 

Edited by Jaclyn88
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Actually you’re probably right . Just looked it up and it looks like it was mostly because of the distance and he said that he was working a regular job in New York and she wanted to travel and take advantage of bachelor life ( though he’s the one on this mess of a show again.) I just assumed when he said that people always leave him for someone else , that he was referring to Taylor . But I really don’t know what he saw in her . She had the most annoying voice and personality in bachelor history . 

Re your last 2 sentences: Exactly. That’s the flip side of thinking someone is more attractive if they dated attractive people. I also think something must be “wrong” with Derek that he got engaged to Tyler.

  • Like 8
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

There must be something about Derek that isn’t working for these women . He is really good looking and seems like he has a calm , nice ,funny personality although they only ever show snippets of him . He was engaged to Taylor but I believe he said she left him for another guy .. and no one else in paradise ever seems interested in him even though by the looks of it, he’s one of the best catches there . He either smells weird or has a side to him that’s not too attractive . 

I don't think it is any different than anyone else having trouble meeting the right one.  Sometimes it takes a lot of time and effort, and then when it happens it happens.  It isn't as if any of the others on this show are highly successful in the relationship department, so I wouldn't hold the fact that they aren't interested as a high standard.  lol

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

What a weird freaking episode. I cant even decide on the weirdest part, was it Dean and his ugly ass mustache and his producer given birthday cake? Was it Demi and her girlfriend just hanging out here even though they are a full couple now, and the whole point of this show is to date around? Was it literally everything with Tazhjuan, who I feel like was suffering from a heat stroke the whole episode? That multiple women are fighting over JPJ of all people? What  is even the hell?

At least Tazhjuan seemed like the fun kind of crazy and not the annoying kind of crazy like a lot of stuff this season. On the other hand, I can sure see why she didn't last very long on Coltons season. He would hear one word about seagulls or whatever and be scarred shitless. I am glad that she left already though, her play acting as ridiculous as possible and complaining about the heat was getting old real  fast.

Demi has no real point in this show at this point, but I cracked up at her telling her girlfriend not to be nervous that Demi is hanging out with him because "Its John Paul Jones" and looking at him doing cartwheels. Like, that guy? For real? That being said, I do think he really likes Tayshia, they seem like kind of a cute couple, in an offbeat kind of way. 

I ended up kind of cutting Blake some slack with the whole Stagecoach debacle after we got the whole story, but him not giving Caitlin the rose after they spent all week together, just to give Kristina a "friendship" rose, seemed like a really dick move. I dont particularly like Caitlin, but he went from "I like you so much, the rose is yours" to "You know, I am not so sure about you" to letting her go home to give the rose to someone who gave him a revenge rose in about half an hour, I dont blame her for being upset for being jerked around. 

I have no clue why women are into Dean. Everyone admits that he is basically an asshole and an idiot, he cant even hold eye contact with someone for more than three seconds, and his mustache makes him look like a low rent 70s porn star. Even without it, I dont think he would be much to make the girls go wild. Its a true mystery.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I ended up kind of cutting Blake some slack with the whole Stagecoach debacle

I said to dear hubby last night while watching the show:

I'm sick to death of hearing about Stagecoach.  It has no relevance here.  I don't care about it.  Unless they're going to do a six week, two nights/week retrospective on Stagecoach, I'm done with it.  I don't care.  It needs to go away.  They need to stop talking about, please, for the love of all that's Holy.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Like, for example when he decided a man giving a rose to either twin allowed them BOTH to stay on another "week"?

Harrison's rule breaking always seems to favour the ones I hate.

2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

So I guess I could be like Demi, get on the show and date a few guys before telling everyone about my boyfriend at home. The show would then fly him to Paradise so we could sponge off of the craft-services table, have a great vacation together, then get a free Neil Lane ring and get married on teevee.

SWEET!

I can't stand Demi, couldn't stand her on Colton's season and like her even less now. She came on this show with a pre-existing relationship with someone who is not even from Bachelor Nation! I do not GAF what Kristian's thoughts on this process are, I watch this show to see the rejects from the Bachelor and the Bachelorette. If I wanted to see "unknowns" on their journey to find love, I would be watching Love Island.

  • Like 22
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, OldWiseOne said:

Harrison's rule breaking always seems to favour the ones I hate.

I can't stand Demi, couldn't stand her on Colton's season and like her even less now. She came on this show with a pre-existing relationship with someone who is not even from Bachelor Nation! I do not GAF what Kristian's thoughts on this process are, I watch this show to see the rejects from the Bachelor and the Bachelorette. If I wanted to see "unknowns" on their journey to find love, I would be watching Love Island.

If they wanted to give Demi all this extra attention, why not just give her her own show? If ABC and Chris Harrison think she’s THAT compelling, just do a short series on Demi and Kristian at home and leave this show alone.  They’ve given other couples spotlights (granted, nobody would know who Kristian is). 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

If ABC and Chris Harrison think she’s THAT compelling, just do a short series on Demi and Kristian at home and leave this show alone.

I'm for that. So I can not watch it. TPTB keep sneaking her into BIP scenes, which causes me to flip the channel on this show.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I don't know if his teeth are real or not, but Dean does have a gorgeous smile, twinkly blue eyes and a nice head of hair, so I think that's the attraction.  I do think that if he got rid of the porn 'stache and got a haircut he would be handsome.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

For those who don't know what Dean looked like pre-stache: 

gettyimages-826465570.thumb.jpg.30d39ddcb0cb34e7cd7eb5f8bfc317b0.jpg

He is a handsome guy. Reminded me of a 1950s heart-throb movie star. The moustache is truly TERRIBLE.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I don't know if his teeth are real or not, but Dean does have a gorgeous smile, twinkly blue eyes and a nice head of hair, so I think that's the attraction.  I do think that if he got rid of the porn 'stache and got a haircut he would be handsome.  

I have always found Dean hot for all the reason you list, plus bone structure. The twinkly eyes also indicate that he has something going on upstairs.  But I am not into hyper manly men.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I was a real Dean fan on Rachel's season. That is, until we got to know his personality. Then all of a sudden he wasn't so good looking. Now I think he's skanky, with or without the 'stache.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, JenLily said:

Naw, I get it and I appreciate it. I think I’m just over sensitive today. I shouldn’t let BiP get me all het up. It’s supposed to be brain candy not brain kale, LOL! 

New topic: I loved seeing the crab hide in the sand when Tahz was having her meltdown. I felt the same way. 😂 And I miss those fun cutaways to the critters in Paradise. I hope they do more. 

I miss Claire confiding in the squirrel. 

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Stan39 said:

I’ll probably get roasted for saying this, but a lot of women will find a guy attractive just by hearing/thinking other women find him attractive. The best thing to happen to Dean (or Blake or anyone) was going on this show and have women fight over them, because that gives other women the impression that they’re desirable.

I agree, and I don't find anything misogynistic about it.  There's no hatred of women in that statement, nor does it deny that men can be just as manipulated by an attractive, yet vile and unworthy snatch. 

Male or female is immaterial when it comes to making bad decisions in choosing a mating partner.  Hollywood is filled with attractive, rich, successful and talented people that go through relationships like Kleenex.  

Misogyny implies women are inferior to men.  I don't see that stated or even implied in that comparison of David Spade.  

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Stan39 said:

I’ll probably get roasted for saying this, but a lot of women will find a guy attractive just by hearing/thinking other women find him attractive.

No, I agree with you, because I see it happen all of the time.  My advice is, if you're ever interested in a man, never tell another (straight) woman.  Very often the other woman becomes interested.

6 hours ago, kita said:

But...I...that's true? Of both sexes? And I am pretty sure I said almost the exact same thing a few weeks ago. Both men and women are influenced by this. There was actually a recent study: https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/women-men-relationships-more-attractive-dating-romance-university-study-a8185026.html

Other outlets have reported on the same study.

I agree, it's something we learn about in psychology, or social psychology.  Lots of interesting books out there about influence and the power of it.

This all reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where George wears a wedding ring and becomes irresistible to a bunch of women at a party.  LOL.  I know that *that's* not real life but it is funny.

It's like how career advisers tell you you're a more desirable candidate once you're already employed.  If a bunch of people were putting offers on a house, I'd find that more desirable than a house with no offers on it.   (I know that there are cheaper, more practical people who don't fall for this.  LOL.)

I freaking love David Spade.  I love how he's become the star of this conversation.  Check out his new show, "Lights Out".

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

42 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I miss Claire confiding in the squirrel. 

Don't be insane, she obviously wasn't talking to a squirrel! ...it was a raccoon. 🙂

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I miss Claire confiding in the squirrel. 

And the raccoon.

That's when this show used to be mindless fun. It's taking itself much too seriously these days.

Edited by saber5055
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Wait, seriously? Demi is permanently safe and gets to pick first regardless of how the rest of the show plays out? How did Chris Harrison sell that as being “fair” to everybody else?

It's bullshit

1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

For those who don't know what Dean looked like pre-stache: 

gettyimages-826465570.thumb.jpg.30d39ddcb0cb34e7cd7eb5f8bfc317b0.jpg

He is a handsome guy. Reminded me of a 1950s heart-throb movie star. The moustache is truly TERRIBLE.

He's truly gorgeous

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, carlie said:

I agree. Here is a before and after of Caelynn. She was soo pretty! She didn't need all that work done!

26v1yhxhvvi31.jpg

I just don't like how she appears so desperate.  I want her to be strong and show that she WANTS a man not NEEDS a man.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Wait, seriously? Demi is permanently safe and gets to pick first regardless of how the rest of the show plays out? How did Chris Harrison sell that as being “fair” to everybody else?

It’s not fair to anyone that Demi and Kristian have now secured permanent positions in Paradise.  Since the men had the roses this week, and Demi is clearly not a man, then she and Kristian both should have to have received roses from one of the men.  What would have been fairer is if Chris Harrison had said something like, “Demi and Kristian we are so happy that have begun your journey and found love.  We wish you the best on your continued journey outside Paradise.” And then sent them on their way. 

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

For those who don't know what Dean looked like pre-stache: 

gettyimages-826465570.thumb.jpg.30d39ddcb0cb34e7cd7eb5f8bfc317b0.jpg

He is a handsome guy. Reminded me of a 1950s heart-throb movie star. The moustache is truly TERRIBLE.

He has next to no upper lip - I think the stache is meant to hide that.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, DEL901 said:

She's not "considered a man".  She's going first regardless of who is handing out the roses.

Because there is literally no mystery to who she is giving it to. It is completely a formality. If they don't have her go first someone with some imagination might pick her or the GF just to shake things up. Can't have that. They desperately want to keep their token gay couple!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, leighdear said:
8 hours ago, Stan39 said:

I’ll probably get roasted for saying this, but a lot of women will find a guy attractive just by hearing/thinking other women find him attractive. The best thing to happen to Dean (or Blake or anyone) was going on this show and have women fight over them, because that gives other women the impression that they’re desirable.

I agree, and I don't find anything misogynistic about it.  There's no hatred of women in that statement, nor does it deny that men can be just as manipulated by an attractive, yet vile and unworthy snatch. 

Male or female is immaterial when it comes to making bad decisions in choosing a mating partner.  Hollywood is filled with attractive, rich, successful and talented people that go through relationships like Kleenex. 

It's not just limited to choosing a mate. The very foundation of advertising is that people want what other people either have or also want. Sure not EVERY person is this way, but we are conditioned, from childhood to want the same toys the other kids have, to want the same gadgets the celebs are seen using, to want the "in" hairstyle or the "cool" clothes. Of course this is also going to happen with people.

It's why parents have been asking their kids for generations "if everybody else jumped off the cliff would you jump off the cliff?" we are naturally followers, not because we're stupid but because we're social and to be social we want to fit in. 

It is one of the things that makes this little social experiment of a show interesting, is seeing these innate human behaviors played out under a microscope. 

Most people will make their own choices eventually, but they will be initially swayed by public opinion. It's part of being human. We're weird creatures.

  • Like 9
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I liked goofy cray cray Tazhjuan, thought she was a lot of fun and I was sorry to see her leave so soon.  She would have been comedy gold crying at the bar in front of Wells.  I wish JP had saved her so she could meet someone new coming on the island, instead of that blonde stick.

I liked her too. At least she tried to be entertaining. I think she’s naturally goofy and socially awkward.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, OldWiseOne said:

He has next to no upper lip - I think the stache is meant to hide that.

The stache makes him look like a pedophile.

It's super weird though, after seeing his father the crazy alternative wackjob and seeing that he's slowly turning into his version of the same.  Living in a van and bathing in rivers.  The giant beard will follow the pornstashe

  • Like 9
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Stan39 said:

I’ll probably get roasted for saying this, but a lot of women will find a guy attractive just by hearing/thinking other women find him attractive. The best thing to happen to Dean (or Blake or anyone) was going on this show and have women fight over them, because that gives other women the impression that they’re desirable.

Actual, it applies to men with women also. Kind of like group think

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

This is a strange observation, but I feel like if Caelynn cut her hair and had a mustache, she'd look exactly like Dean.

OMG - I’m traveling for work, have a cold, had a really long day and the image in my head is just making me laugh and laugh. Thank you @woodscommaelle for that 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I think I finally figured out why Tayshia annoys me on this show and when she was on The Bachelor.  I think she tries so hard to be the "cool girl."

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, bosawks said:

To be fair to JPJ Paradise isn't exactly the best forum to show off one's intellect.

Ha!  JPJ graduated from college with a Business degree, Magna cum Laude.  I believe he’s a financial analyst, or stockbroker.  I don’t think he’s a dummy.  The details are somewhere online, I’m sure.

I live in SoCal, so the “surfer” vibe doesn’t throw me off much.  Some of the wealthiest people out here start their morning in the ocean...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size