Type keyword(s) to search

Pirates of the Caribbean Mafia

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Drogo said:

Two of our players have TPB as their favorite film - SVNBob who I had on my trust list based on what I thought were hints (but he's since said they weren't) and Machiabelly. Neither was on the Peach DL.  

Reading through SVNBob's profile and Machia's profile while skimming the story, this phrase stuck out to me.

“Well, well, well, Jack Sparrow. Seems you found yourself in the wrong place at the right time” Beckett grinned." 

SVNBob would choose time control as his super power, so I'm wondering if that is another clue pointing toward him.  Can we find a third?

47 minutes ago, deaja said:

Hmmm.... interesting.  I do think Machiabelly was dealing with the hurricane around the time of the Peach DL, but I'd have to go back and check.  SVNBob on the other hand... 

Mach came by to tell us the Hurricane was coming, and ignored the Peach/villain DL that was halfway completed at the time.   A good villain would pop in to give a reason why they wouldn't be able to join the DL on a comrade.   Not saying a hurricane wasn't coming, but he could have joined the DL to help the heroes push it through.  

Bob said he went to sleep during the Raven DL and woke up and we had DL'd Peach instead.  So he went to sleep without comment when he saw us DL'ing a Hero and slept through our successful DL of a villain, therefore not voting.  That's pretty convenient.  

@TexasGal I'm thinking 3 clues means 3 different players.  That said, I really like this time control clue @deaja is putting forward because that's the kind of phrasing clues usually have (like the geography/map confusion:  you don't see it unless you're looking for it.) 

And if we do have 3+ bads remaining, we'd be crazy not to take a shot today.   

35 minutes ago, terrymct said:

I’m completely outing myself as the character called The Village Idiot.  Lol

Spoiler

You're doing great.  We're all glad you're here.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Drogo said:

Mach came by to tell us the Hurricane was coming, and ignored the Peach/villain DL that was halfway completed at the time.   A good villain would pop in to give a reason why they wouldn't be able to join the DL on a comrade.   Not saying a hurricane wasn't coming, but he could have joined the DL to help the heroes push it through.  

Bob said he went to sleep during the Raven DL and woke up and we had DL'd Peach instead.  So he went to sleep without comment when he saw us DL'ing a Hero and slept through our successful DL of a villain, therefore not voting.  That's pretty convenient.  

There's no reason they couldn't both be villains though, right?  At this point, I think I would be more inclined to pick Bob because of the time control clue, but I do think with losing multiple heroes in the last night, we should do something.  Maybe the Princess Bride clue isn't really a clue because as many pointed out with the azure clue, it's unlikely the clue could point to multiple people. 

1 minute ago, deaja said:

There's no reason they couldn't both be villains though, right?

Nope - but truly nobody's a Hero until they're dead and we get a reveal.   

22 minutes ago, deaja said:

At this point, I think I would be more inclined to pick Bob because of the time control clue

I'm also leaning heavier toward Bob because in addition to the time control clue you found-- 

• 'Razor-sharp intellect' could be a reference to My strongest quality is logical thought.
  • 'I’ll be right here, I promise not to move a muscle' could be a reference to My weakest quality is laziness.
51 minutes ago, deaja said:

SVNBob would choose time control as his super power, so I'm wondering if that is another clue pointing toward him.  Can we find a third?

Deadpool wants to know more about time travel, and Drogo mentions wanting to be able to stop time - so I'm not so sure about the time clue.   I like the no vote discussion though. 

21 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Nope - but truly nobody's a Hero until they're dead and we get a reveal.   

I'm also leaning heavier toward Bob because in addition to the time control clue you found-- 

• 'Razor-sharp intellect' could be a reference to My strongest quality is logical thought.
  • 'I’ll be right here, I promise not to move a muscle' could be a reference to My weakest quality is laziness.
12 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Deadpool wants to know more about time travel, and Drogo mentions wanting to be able to stop time - so I'm not so sure about the time clue.   I like the no vote discussion though. 

So I hear you on this, but I also think that we've found 3 clues pointing to him now (or at least that seem to be pointing to him) and since we know there are 3 clues in the story, I think he's a logical choice to start with.

With that being said....

1 to DL SVNBob (deaja), 6 to let him live to sail another day.

4 minutes ago, Snookums said:

Still leaning towards Deadpool because of the Tortugas clue and now the razor sharp/time travel thing, but agree that Bob is being pretty illuminated by the glow of the phosphorescent seas! 

Can you elaborate? I thought that was ruled out as a clue because it’s part of the movie canon, but I could be wrong. And obviously as seen from last round, I can be persuaded to change my mind on a DL. 

35 minutes ago, Snookums said:

Still leaning towards Deadpool because of the Tortugas clue and now the razor sharp/time travel thing, but agree that Bob is being pretty illuminated by the glow of the phosphorescent seas! 

I have more reason to trust you @Snookums than I do to trust @Deadpool, but Tortuga isn't a clue; it's literally the place all the pirates lived in the first film.  It would be like trying to DL someone for their favorite movie being Pirates of the Caribbean because Jack Sparrow was mentioned in the Day story; it's canon.  

Also - if we decided azure pointing to multiple players meant it wasn't the clue and Princess Bride pointing to multiple players meant it wasn't the clue, I'll go ahead for the sake of consistency say time travel pointing to multiple players means that isn't the clue.  There are a few other possible clues on the table, I've been suspicious of Bob since his first post in the game, and Deadpool started a DL on a villain yesterday.     

Easy choice for me, since I'm not a huge fan of sitting in chains waiting to be executed... 

3 to DL SVNBob (deaja, aquarian1, Drogo) 4 to make him walk the plank

*Adding that it always sucks when the active players take out all the other active players while so many others are barely participating and may not even notice being killed/DL'd... some people are probably even losing their Twilight/Night actions over lack of participation so keeping them around helps us 0%.  @statsgirl @helenamonster @festivus dive right in, the water's fine.  A little shark-infested, but don't mind that.

Just now, terrymct said:

I vote to DL Bob. 

Spoiler

First vote! My babies are all growed up. 

You just adjust the number of votes cast and number of votes remaining, and write in your name on the ballot like this:

4 to DL SVNBob (deaja, aquarian1, Drogo, terrymct) 3 to make him walk the plank

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, Drogo said:

*Adding that it always sucks when the active players take out all the other active players while so many others are barely participating and may not even notice being killed/DL'd... some people are probably even losing their Twilight/Night actions over lack of participation so keeping them around helps us 0%.  @statsgirl @helenamonster @festivus dive right in, the water's fine.  A little shark-infested, but don't mind that.

THIS.  Remember one of the quieter new players who acted deer in headlights-y was peach, who turned out to be an important villain. I'm not opposed to joining the current DL, but I really wouldn't be opposed to joining a DL for someone who's barely posting/contributing to team heroes efforts.

8 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

THIS.  Remember one of the quieter new players who acted deer in headlights-y was peach, who turned out to be an important villain. I'm not opposed to joining the current DL, but I really wouldn't be opposed to joining a DL for someone who's barely posting/contributing to team heroes efforts.

Agreed. But I didn't see any clues pointing to one of them.  However, as previously discussed, my clue finding abilities are questionable at best.

4 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

I really wouldn't be opposed to joining a DL for someone who's barely posting/contributing to team heroes efforts.

Neither would I.  Not just because they might not be contributing to Team Hero but also because uhh they also might be a bloodsucking Villain. 

In the meantime, this is where we are at the moment, so you shouldn't not join the DL that's happening because in a perfect world you'd rather DL a hibernating player.  If you have a reason why Bob shouldn't be the target, now's a good time to say it. 

2 hours ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

Waiting to hear @SVNBob's response before I sink my talons into this one.

I can probably predict that what Bob will say is not "I'm a Villain, you should DL me."  (They almost never do that.)  

5 minutes ago, Machiabelly said:

5 to DL SVNBob (deaja, aquarian1, Drogo, terrymct, Machiabelly) 2 to make him walk the plank

Mach, you forgot yourself.  And poor terry.

I'm like.... what do we do next?  We still have day.  Do we DL someone else?  But we had a villain or was he lying about being a villain and why would he lie about that? 

It might be worth a look at who has been flying under the radar though. Unless all DLs are going to be nullified this day?  

giphy.gif

Just now, deaja said:

But we had a villain or was he lying about being a villain and why would he lie about that? 

He's being cute because Spruce said he "wants to see what Bob says" before joining the DL, and I said "he probably won't say 'I'm a Villain, DL me.'" 

He might be a Villain who has the ability to stop DLs on himself, or a one-time power, or a Hero with a similar power.  All we know is he's super cute.

• Love 1

Of course, I'm not really a Villain, but I do like subverting Drogo's expectations.  I am a Hero...shaky though that description may be.  The Villains will attest to that, if I can ever point them out.  Oh, btw @Drogo...I hadn't been hinting much about my identity before, but I have dropped a couple for sure.  Not as many as Spruce, but some.  It is my brand, after all.

The timeline on the raven to peach DL is simple.  Remember old-timers, I work nights, thus my schedule is opposite to most Americans.   And my comment was more about how being on said opposite schedule meant that I missed out on the winds shifting and how a DL was fully started and ended without me, like many others in games past.

Well, well... it seems like someone has faith in me.  I hope I can live up to that.

He's being cute because Spruce said he "wants to see what Bob says" before joining the DL, and I said "he probably won't say 'I'm a Villain, DL me.'" 

Ding, ding, ding.   We have a winner.

Edited by SVNBob
  • Useful 2

He might be a Villain who has the ability to stop DLs on himself, or a one-time power

^giphy.gif^

OK Bob's a hero (to me, at least.)  @SVNBob what's your take on our quieter players?  There might be enough interest and time left in the Day to take a shot.    

5 minutes ago, Drogo said:

what's your take on our quieter players?

Not sure yet.  But at the moment, I'm most suspicious of aquarian.  They jumped in on the DL on me with no explanation or anything else.  Just a seconding of the vote.  Deaja at least had "clues" pointing to me (which aren't, btw), and everyone else had reasoning or a comment.

Give me a minute, I need to check on something.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Maybe the villains have a one-time DL protection?  Except then why didn't they use it on peach? 

@aquarian1 you've been awfully quiet except when you jumped on the SVNBob DL after avoiding the peach DL pretty handily.  Anything you'd like to share?

ETA, it seems Bob and I are thinking the same thing at the moment.

2 minutes ago, deaja said:

@aquarian1 you've been awfully quiet except when you jumped on the SVNBob DL after avoiding the peach DL pretty handily

That's what I wanted to check.   Also of note, neither Statsgirl nor Festivus were part of that DL.   Helenamonster was though.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, SVNBob said:

That's what I wanted to check.   Also of note, neither Statsgirl nor Festivus were part of that DL.   Helenamonster was though.

giphy.gif

I wanted to participate in the first DL, I even checked back in before the 36 hour timeline.  I was just late.  I jumped on Bob because i believed the clues, and I didn't want to miss another DL because I know how you all look at that.  

I haven't been chatty because sometimes I'm just tongue tied, so to speak.  (Also sometimes my hands are tied, too.)

ALso, ALSO

WTF just happened?

• Love 1

I don't think I have ever seen a villain power that stops a DL. So that makes me think either Bob is a hero, or someone strongly believes he is and used a power on him.

I lean towards hero. That only leaves me, but I am also hero.

Maybe that was a Deadpool clue...but I am confused as all get out.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, SVNBob said:

Also of note, neither Statsgirl nor Festivus were part of that DL.  

There was a lot of Festivus discussion Day 1, including the spoiled/cat clue JT found in the dress scene. 

16 minutes ago, Machiabelly said:

I don't think I have ever seen a villain power that stops a DL. So that makes me think either Bob is a hero, or someone strongly believes he is and used a power on him.

Bob's a hero. 

Can you elaborate? I thought that was ruled out as a clue because it’s part of the movie canon, but I could be wrong. And obviously as seen from last round, I can be persuaded to change my mind on a DL. 

Drogo did point out that the Tortugas can't count as a clue because it's cannon in the films, but the razor sharp thing and time travel still could point towards Deadpool, and since Bob was just taken out of the DL running, I nominate Deadpool.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TexasGal said:

I don't understand anything that is happening today.  

I feel like that over the past five days.  I have printouts and notes and I'm still lost,

In terms of clues, this is twice that the medallion has been significant in the story. I just can't figure out how it fits in.

No one has mentioned gold in their bios. @SilverStormm said that she wished that she knew more about being a billionaire and she has a pet called copper. @Drogo's favourite movie is Slumdog Millionaire. @aquarian1 wants a private charter around the world (suspicious in a pirate story).

Just putting it out there...

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I feel like that over the past five days.  I have printouts and notes and I'm still lost,

In terms of clues, this is twice that the medallion has been significant in the story. I just can't figure out how it fits in.

No one has mentioned gold in their bios. @SilverStormm said that she wished that she knew more about being a billionaire and she has a pet called copper. @Drogo's favourite movie is Slumdog Millionaire. @aquarian1 wants a private charter around the world (suspicious in a pirate story).

Just putting it out there...

I thought so too but it seems the medallion is important in the story, so I think it is less clue and more story. But I think the SVNBob kerfuffle has proven I should officially sit out discussion of clues because I was really sure I was right!

16 minutes ago, Snookums said:

Drogo did point out that the Tortugas can't count as a clue because it's cannon in the films, but the razor sharp thing and time travel still could point towards Deadpool, and since Bob was just taken out of the DL running, I nominate Deadpool.

As its been pointed out already, if a clue points to multiple people its unlikely to be a clue.

• Love 1

Last few days have been busy which is why I haven't been active in here. Equally confused about all that's transpired since I've been gone. Especially not knowing if 3 clues means 3 different people or they all point to the same person. As usual I'm really terrible at picking out even one clue, let alone 3.

I'm generally inclined to pick somebody who didn't vote on peach when they turned out to be a villain, so

2 to DL Festivus (Drogo, helenamonster), 5 to get back on the boat

• Love 1