Type keyword(s) to search

Pirates of the Caribbean Mafia

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, stay safe @Machiabelly!

I just read through all this and I legit have no idea what is happening lol. But it was a fun read!

We were banding together to kill someone else, but now we want to kill you! Sorry about that. 

Spruce wants you to defend yourself.

Yes well, some of us DID actually work today *raises eyebrow*

22 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Don't know how I would defend myself. There is way too much going on and I have literally no idea what any of it means lol.

You could say you're not a villain, even if you ARE a villain, and try to convince us.

I did think this about the first clue but thought it was a stretch:

The Wicked Wench's first captain is Captain Morgan (I didn't see a reference to rum in anyone's profile).

In the movie, Captain Morgan is played by K. Todd Freeman, who also played Mr. Trick in Buffy the VS, which is peachmangosteen's fave TV show.

So - possibly another indication of peachmangosteen's villainy?  But there wouldn't be two clues pointing to the same villain.

• Love 2

So, you have nothing more to say, Peach?

I came into work yesterday to find my laptop the victim of a failed upgrade to Windows 10, so after spending the morning deep-cleaning the coffee stains off my area and helping a co-worker, I was given a loaner laptop which allowed me to get my mail but has none of the actual tools I need for my work. When I left today my real machine was literally in pieces as the tech had opened it up and taken out the hard drive to make extra space on it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Don't know how I would defend myself. There is way too much going on and I have literally no idea what any of it means lol.

Can you maybe hint at your character?  

2 hours ago, raven said:

In the movie, Captain Morgan is played by K. Todd Freeman, who also played Mr. Trick in Buffy the VS, which is peachmangosteen's fave TV show.

So - possibly another indication of peachmangosteen's villainy?  But there wouldn't be two clues pointing to the same villain.

Your clue might be right and Deadpool's might be wrong, but 2 possible clues are better than one.

9 to DL peachmangosteen (Deadpool, Drogo, JTMacc99, Deaja, helenamonster, raven, Texasgal, TCS, Anonymous), 0 to walk the plank

That's Day folks!

The sun is hanging low in the sky signalling that Day has ended and Twilight has arrived. As it's getting late, the Twilight actions window of 12hrs will officially commence at 9am ET tomorrow (Saturday). If you want to send your Twilight actions in early you may do so. Please feel free to continue any game discussion until the Night story is posted.

**Reminder - if you didn’t post during Day any unique ability you may have is voided for this Twilight/Night phase.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

9 to DL peachmangosteen (Deadpool, Drogo, JTMacc99, Deaja, helenamonster, raven, Texasgal, TCS, Anonymous), 0 to walk the plank

This is the DL equivalent of a "dun dun DUN" sound effect, but my gut tells me it might be Lisin's vote.  Maybe a "dead men tell no tales, but they still vote" kind of thing.

Interesting.  I go to sleep while we're hunting a raven, and wake up to a dead peach.  That's one of the drawbacks to living the schedule I do.

15 hours ago, Drogo said:

I'm picking up what Spruce is putting down, but I don't think yours are coming across as strongly as you're intending.  Maybe it's better if they aren't.

Until then, we really can't know for sure if there are multiple factions in play

To be fair, I was talking about some of my past efforts with code.  I haven't hinted about myself much this time.

It's also pretty good for Spruce that there's at least a couple of us that get what he's doing.  In this setting, there's bound to be innumerable references to wood, like the eponymous plank to be walked, that could be mistaken for clues pointing his direction.  Although, with clues based on the profiles, that was going to be less of a factor to begin with.

And I hadn't even thought of multiple villain factions when I posting what I did.  I was more thinking along the lines of exactly what I was talking about; two in-world factions (Black Pearl/The Man) joining forces to oppose the 3rd.  Or one faction as NPCs.  But, given the exact things I was talking about, it would be fitting for us to be in another split-Villain scenario. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Drogo said:

This is the DL equivalent of a "dun dun DUN" sound effect, but my gut tells me it might be Lisin's vote.  Maybe a "dead men tell no tales, but they still vote" kind of thing.

Ooh, spooky!

pirates of the caribbean i love barbossa forever GIF

• Love 1

Night 2

Reward & Punishment

The sky was pale blue as dawn broke with the sun peeking over the horizon. The Black Pearl weighed anchor with the loot liberated from Tortuga and headed out into open waters, sailing into the rising sun.

Barbossa flipped the gold medallion across his fingers, “Only one more to find. Then finally we’ll be done with this godforsaken curse once n fer all!” He eyed an apple longingly.

“Yeah, once n fer all” Ragetti echoed.

Pintel elbowed him in the ribs as they both stood in front of the captain, “We did good then, right captain?”

“Aye, good ye did. And as a reward ye can have a day off from cleaning up after Jack. What say you Jack?” he addressed the capuchin monkey sitting on his shoulder, which chittered and did a back flip.

Pintel smiled awkwardly and half laughed. Ragetti, watching his uncle, followed suit.

“Seems Jack agrees” Barbossa chuckled. He looked at the two sorry excuses for pirates and his smile dropped, “Ye be waitin’ fer somethin’ else? Away with ye before I be changing me mind!” he snapped.

Barbossy.gif

The duo high-tailed it out of the cabin and onto the ship’s deck.

“Thought we mighta at least gots a reward or sumfink’” Ragetti moped.

“Not cleaning up monkey poop is a reward and that’s the truth of it says I” Pintel reminded him as they walked.

“Maybe we can ask…” Pintel stopped when he realised Ragetti wasn’t beside him and turned around to see where he'd gone.

Ragetti was standing frozen in fear and staring out to sea with his mouth agape and eyes wide.

Pintel followed his gaze and his mouth likewise fell open just as the ship’s bell began to sound the alarm.

Barbossa burst out of his cabin onto the deck, “COME ABOUT” he thundered.

Crew were running in every direction as Barbossa reached the aft deck and took out his spyglass.

768fa98ed77e8ee942eb10adc9f79b78.jpg

“HANDS ALOFT TO LOOSE THE GALLANTS! WITH THE WIND DEAD ASTERN SHE’LL CARRY EVERY SAIL WE’VE GOT!” he roared above the din.

“HAUL ON THE MAIN BRACE! MAKE READY THE GUNS! AND RUN OUT THE SWEEPS.”

giphy.gif

The Flying Dutchman, captained by Davy Jones himself was closing fast on the Pearl.

tumblr_nvk03g4RT41rk4nywo4_500.gif9a3a43f349fc05fd2cc4981096107c58_w200.gi

“S-s-s-she came outta nowhere!” one of the crew said aghast to nobody in particular as he loaded a cannon.

SoftTanGoral-size_restricted.gif

The Pearl had made her turn and with the wind at her back she began to pick up speed. Pintel and Ragetti bravely ran …to a nice, safe hiding spot and concealed themselves, all nice and snug.

“D-d-d-do y-y-you think we’ll lose ‘em?” Ragetti whispered.

“There's no ship as can match the Pearl for speed, not even the Dutchman” Pintel answered in hushed tones but with a confidence he didn’t entirely feel at that moment.

After a short while the furtive pair heard a cheer go up from the crew. They crept out of their hiding place and discreetly rejoined the others on deck. Pirates were still cheering and clapping each other on the back in relief; the Dutchman was but a speck in their wake.

Pintel ran to the aft deck and shouted in the direction of the Dutchman, “NOBODY CATCHES THE PEARL HAHAHAHA!” he laughed loudly then turned to join the celebrations.

Ragetti laughed and clapped his hands. Suddenly, he stopped. Everything stopped. Pintel knew this was bad. Slowly, he turned to be greeted by a gigantic tentacle of the Kraken.

latest?cb=20130425181408

He gulped.

2414955-000503676803.jpg

Davy Jones’ pet had arisen from the depths and grabbed Pintel in one fluid movement. It raised him high into the air before cannon fire from the Pearl hit it, causing it to retreat. It sunk back below the waves, taking Pintel with it.

==============================================

You have 24 hrs to submit your Night actions, please be sure not to miss this deadline.

**Reminder - if you didn’t post during Day any unique ability you may have is voided for this Twilight/Night phase.

There are 0 clues in this story.

Living players: Still sailing the seven seas

1. MarkHB

2. Drogo

3. Machiabelly

4. Deadpool

5. aquarian1

6. The Crazed Spruce

7. statsgirl

8. Snookums

9. terrymct

10. JTMacc99

11. TexasGal

13. raven

14. helenamonster

15. deaja

16. SVNBob

18. festivus

Dead players: Gone down to Davy Jones’ locker

17. Lisin - Crimp - Lookout - Hero

You are Crimp, a pirate operating in and around Tortuga.

Twilight Ability

Each Twilight you may choose a player to watch over and will learn if anyone visits them for any reason.

12. peachmangosteen - Pintel - Protector - Villain

You are Pintel, a pirate, most notably aboard the Black Pearl, led by Hector Barbossa and Jack Sparrow. You are rarely seen without your partner in crime and nephew, Ragetti. After your brother was lost at sea, Ragetti came to live with you. One day, while drunk, you were both press-ganged into service by the British Royal Navy, but did not take well to this life. After a year of beatings, bad food and boredom, you both jumped ship and set yourselves up as pirates in the Caribbean. Soon after joining Jack Sparrow's crew aboard the Black Pearl, you and many others joined Barbossa in a mutiny against Jack.

Twilight Ability

Each Twilight you may choose one person from your team (yourself included) to protect from being Night killed. You may not choose the same player consecutively.  Please note once Twilight has been announced you have 12 hrs to submit your actions.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

OK. 22 hours later I have power.  I am pretty tired and sore so I am not sure how much I will get done this evening. 

A couple of nice stories...midnight last night the fire alarm panel went off so the fire truck showed up. All was fine. When Lori, my wife, mentioned my power air bed deflating, they ran a cord and power converter thingie in from the truck and pumped it back up.

That got me through the night. I got into my wheelchair around 5 a.m. at noon a woman Lori worked with showed up with her husband and a generator on their truck and filled my bed back up. They live 30 miles away.

Then at about 4 pm the firemen, all volunteers and had been on the go for 24 hours, stopped in out of the blue to make sure I was OK and filled the bed again.

Then about 3 hours later power came back on.

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, Machiabelly said:

OK. 22 hours later I have power.  I am pretty tired and sore so I am not sure how much I will get done this evening. 

A couple of nice stories...midnight last night the fire alarm panel went off so the fire truck showed up. All was fine. When Lori, my wife, mentioned my power air bed deflating, they ran a cord and power converter thingie in from the truck and pumped it back up.

That got me through the night. I got into my wheelchair around 5 a.m. at noon a woman Lori worked with showed up with her husband and a generator on their truck and filled my bed back up. They live 30 miles away.

Then at about 4 pm the firemen, all volunteers and had been on the go for 24 hours, stopped in out of the blue to make sure I was OK and filled the bed again.

Then about 3 hours later power came back on.

Sounds rough, but I'm glad to hear you're safe, Mach!

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Hanged Man said:

tumblr_inline_pt0i57GxTN1w8e07l_400.gif

*just outside the frame* Me too!!

Btw, I had to come up with a whole new sign-in here. There's already a "caprice," and it isn't me!!

I guess HM and I get to sit on the sidelines, drink rum, eat seafood, and... um, make fun of y'all.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Hey there, Machia! It's nice to be back.

Oh, I just remembered a story I was supposed to tell! So, last month I had some new trees planted in the backyard. Why is this remarkable? Because the four trees are of two species... Maple and Spruce.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, meet trouble said:

*just outside the frame* Me too!!

Btw, I had to come up with a whole new sign-in here. There's already a "caprice," and it isn't me!!

I guess HM and I get to sit on the sidelines, drink rum, eat seafood, and... um, make fun of y'all.

When @Drogo PMed the other caprice, they were probably like.... huh? I'm supposed to join the Mafia? What kind of a website is this?

This is extra long because so much happened! To balance it out there are extra clues.

Day 3

Friends, Foes and Friendly Foes, Who Knows?!

On the battlements of Fort Charles, the newly appointed Commodore Norrington approached Elizabeth, “May I have a moment?”

The pair stepped onto a platform.

Elizabeth steadied and fanned herself hastily as she tried to catch her breath; her corset was extremely restricting.

da284bfe376c8075032f428e2e36aff1.gif

“Uh, you look lovely, Elizabeth. I, uh, apologize if I seem forward, but I… must speak my mind.

tumblr_ojulrxrsVt1v7ashco1_400.gif

This promotion throws into sharp relief that which I have not yet achieved. Uh… a marriage to a fine woman. You have become a fine woman, Elizabeth.” Norrington told her, ill at ease.

Nervous to hold her eye, he turned his back and looked in the opposite direction

Elizabeth gasped, “I can’t breathe.”

Norrington misunderstood, “Yes, I… I’m a bit nervous myself.”

IgnorantFluidBrahmancow-size_restricted.

Elizabeth fainted and fell over the battlement, plummeting like a stone into the waves far below.

With no response forthcoming Norrington turned back, “Elizabeth?” he uttered in surprise at her sudden disappearance. Then he took a look over the battlement and saw the rippling water, “Elizabeth!”

Intending to jump in after her, he was stopped by Lieutenant Gillette, “The rocks! Sir, it’s a miracle she missed them.” he remarked also looking down at the rippling water.

Elizabeth sank lower and lower, the medallion, freed from its hiding place but still attached to the chain around her neck, floated up as she sank. A shockwave-like pulse emanated from it through the water; it called to the Black Pearl.

TemptingCraftyIlladopsis-size_restricted

Jack and the marines heard the splash as Elizabeth hit the water, all three watched her sink below.

“Will you be saving her then?” Jack asked them.

Mullroy mumbled, “I can’t swim.”

Jack glanced at Murtogg who stared back at him ineffectually, “Pride of the King’s Navy you are.”

Handing them his effects he said, “Do not lose these.” and dived into the water to save her.

Jack-saves-Elizabeth-sparrabeth-35627797

He surfaced with the unconscious Elizabeth, Murtogg helped to pull her onto the dock, “She’s not breathing!” he yelled as Jack got to his feet.

“Move!” Jack shoved him aside and cut open Elizabeth’s dress and corset.

Elizabeth coughed, spat out water and gasped for breath.

Spotting the medallion, Jack said to Elizabeth, “Where did you get that?”

A voice commanded from behind, “On your feet.” Norrington spoke to Jack as he pointed his sword at him.

Governor Swann rushed to his daughter and helped her up, “Elizabeth! Are you alright?”

“Yes, I’m fine.”

Just then he noticed Murtogg holding Elizabeth's corset and Murtogg pointed at Jack. The Governor redirected his gaze over to Jack, “Shoot him!”

“Father! Commodore, do you really intend to kill my rescuer?” Elizabeth exclaimed in shock.

“I believe thanks are in order.” Norrington answered and offered his hand to shake.

Jack complied and Norrington grabbed his wrist, pulling his sleeve back to reveal a ‘P’ for pirate branded into his forearm.

“Had a brush with the East India Trading company, did we, pirate?”

Governor Swann instantly ordered, “Hang him.”

Norrington, only too happy to be rid of yet another pirate smiled, “Keep your guns on him, men. Gillette , fetch some irons.” Then seeing a tattoo of a sparrow in flight, added, “Well, well… Jack Sparrow, isn’t it?”

Captain Jack Sparrow, if you please, sir.” Jack corrected him.

Norrington looked around, “Well, I don’t see your ship…Captain.”

Jack shrugged, “I’m in the market as it were”

Murtogg piped up, “He said he’d come to commandeer one.”

Mullroy scoffed, “Told ya he was telling the truth. These are his, sir.” and handed over Jack’s belongings.

Norrington rifled through them, “No additional shots nor powder. A compass that doesn’t point north.” He unsheathed the sword, “And I half expected it to be made of wood. You are without doubt the worst pirate I’ve ever heard of.”

giphy.gif

“But you have heard of me.” Jack retorted.

giphy.gif

“Commodore, I really must protest.” Elizabeth, dismayed by the rough treatment of her rescuer, stepped forward. “Pirate or not this man saved my life.”

“One good deed is not enough to redeem a man of a lifetime of wickedness.” Norrington stated unmoved.

tumblr_mhah9x1miM1rkhpyoo1_500.gif

“Though it seems enough to condemn him.” Jack quipped.

“Indeed.” Norrington refused to be baited.

Lord Cutler Beckett and his man, Mercer, attracted by the debacle, arrived.

Dt245gvW0AANtNR.jpg:large

“Well, well, well, Jack Sparrow. Seems you found yourself in the wrong place at the right time” Beckett grinned.

“That'll be Captain, Captain Jack Sparrow to you” Jack re-iterated.

giphy.gif

“Not for much longer” Beckett snorted.

Lieutenant Gillette moved away from Jack, who was, by now, in irons. Swiftly, Jack threw his irons around Elizabeth’s neck. All guns were instantly raised at him.

Governor Swann, fearful for his daughter, shouted, “No, don’t shoot!”

“Commodore Norrington, my effects please, and my hat. Elizabeth isn’t it?” Jack pulled her close.

“It’s Miss Swann.”

“Miss Swann, if you’d be so kind. Come, come, dear. We don’t have all day.” Jack indicated she release his chains.

Elizabeth spat, “You’re despicable.”

“Sticks and stones, love. I saved your life, you save mine, we’re square. Gentlemen, m’lady, you will always remember this as the day that you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow!” he pushed Elizabeth toward his foes and ran.

Norrington ordered, “Open fire!”

The guns went off in a cacophony of noise and smoke, marines gave chase after the escapee. As the smoke cleared, Governor Swann couldn’t see his daughter. Beckett and Mercer were standing beside someone who lay on the ground.

Governor Swann hurried over and pushed them apart, “ELIZABETH!!” he cried and dropped to his knees.

“Seems she somehow got er, caught in the crossfire” Beckett said matter-of-factly.

Mercer quickly put away his pistol as the Governor held his deceased daughter and quizzically inspected the strange gold medallion around her neck.

A Fate Worse Than Death

That very evening the Black Pearl sailed into the habour of Port Royal. Jack, having been captured once more, thanks to the aid of one William Turner, was now residing in one of Fort Charles' jail cells at His Majesty’s pleasure. An old friend in the next cell kept him company.

After they’d caught up on old adventures Jack spoke, “Mr Gibbs. What say you we get out of this terrible place?”

“Sounds like a fine plan to me, Cap’n” Joshamee Gibbs answered, “But how do ye intend we manage such a thing?”

latest?cb=20120707230410

“I’m working on it, savvy?” Jack answered with a finger to his nose just as a cannon ball blasted the wall open in Mr Gibbs’ cell.

“See. What did I tell ya!” Jack exclaimed as he jumped to his feet.

Explosions continued to sound. The blast hadn’t made enough of a hole in his own cell for Jack to climb out through; he was still trapped.

“You go find that dog with the keys then come back ‘ere and free me” Jack told Gibbs.

“Aye Cap’n, that I’ll do” Gibbs nodded earnestly.

“Good man. Don’t worry, I’ll be right here, I promise not to move a muscle” Jack called after him as he ran through the hole.

Gibbs made his way to the front of the building, where he saw many soldiers fighting pirates. He looked out across the port and spotted the Black Pearl. He heard a bark and saw the jail’s dog running away past the fighting men.

latest?cb=20100605091749

Having no sword or pistol he realised chasing after the dog would be a suicide mission. Not being exactly gifted with razor-sharp intellect, he stood and wondered what he should do. He turned around, looking this way and that in a state of confusion, then he saw the Governor’s residence in the distance and a thought bubbled up, ‘I wager he'll have keys that open most everything’. Gibbs ran in the direction of the grand house. As he drew close he saw that pirates were already attacking the house, ‘Curses’ he thought in frustration. A commotion turned his head, Governor Swann was being taken captive! He was marched, surrounded by a gang of jeering pirates, out of his house and towards the docks. ‘Now’s me chance’ Gibbs thought as he ran towards the empty doorway. As he ran inside, he came face to face with someone familiar, who stopped in shock at seeing Gibbs.

“I’ll be taking those” Gibbs told him, eyeing the ring of keys the other held.

“These is mine. I plundered em fair and square” Ragetti replied indignantly.

tumblr_n4hcdl3Uf21qc6ftco9_250.gif

“Twice cursed ye be already. I be happy to make it thrice providing ye be bold enough to take the chance” Gibbs snarled at the turncloak.

401871-183214-mr-gibbs.jpg

He stepped forward and grabbed a large, expensive looking vase then hurled it as hard as he could at the retreating back of Ragetti. It hit true, smashing into the back of Ragetti’s head and knocking him out cold.

Gibbs retrieved the keys and on a whim, came up with a plan. “Mebbe I’s can’t kill yer cursed soul but I can put it somewhere that it’ll cause no more trouble” he said to the sleeping Ragetti.

He tied him up and threw him in a wooden crate. Having heaved, hefted and hauled it to the dock, he loaded it with heavy stones then sealed it and pushed it off with a remark of  “Davy Jones’ locker fer ye yer scurvy dog!”. He watched as it sank. Just then he realised, and patted himself down...he’d dropped the keys in the crate.

Commodore Norrington was in the thick of the fighting, ‘These scoundrels won’t die!” he thought as he fought off yet another.

He turned and found himself confronted by Hector Barbossa, “Commodore, truly, ‘tis a privilege and a honour to be the one who dispatches ye this night” he grinned evilly.

“I wouldn’t be so sure, foul creature” Norrington replied confidently.

They thrust and parried back and forth, their swords clanging and clinking over and over.

tumblr_inline_nna5rbcHHj1soi7l4_500.gif

After a while, “Ye be tiring Commodore. Me, I can do this for an eternity!” Barbossa chuckled mockingly.

Norrington resisted the stinger and focused on his swordplay, his arm had begun to tire slightly but he ignored it. Before long, Barbossa gained the upper hand and pushed Norrington back and up against a wall. Norrington pulled out a knife and stuck it between Barbossa’s ribs. Barbossa stepped back, surprised. Norrington watched confused as the pirate captain slowly pulled the knife out and dropped it to the ground. There was no blood. Barbossa purposely stepped into a shaft of moonlight and revealed his cursed face to a shocked Norrington, “Ye see Commodore, there be no death for them’s already betwixt and between the living and the dead” he laughed then thrust his sword into the Commodore’s heart.

azure-6582a1509c098a7d1cd49706b0301971_o

=================================================

There are 3 clues in this story. You have 36 hrs until Day ends and Twilight begins unless a DL is completed beforehand.

7 votes are required to complete a DL.

Living players: Still sailing the seven seas

2. Drogo

3. Machiabelly

4. Deadpool

5. aquarian1

6. The Crazed Spruce

7. statsgirl

8. Snookums

9. terrymct

11. TexasGal

14. helenamonster

15. deaja

16. SVNBob

18. festivus

Dead players: Gone down to Davy Jones’ locker

17. Lisin - Crimp - Lookout - Hero

You are Crimp, a pirate operating in and around Tortuga.

Twilight Ability

Each Twilight you may choose a player to watch over and will learn if anyone visits them for any reason.

12. peachmangosteen - Pintel - Protector - Villain

You are Pintel, a pirate, most notably aboard the Black Pearl, led by Hector Barbossa and Jack Sparrow. You are rarely seen without your partner in crime and nephew, Ragetti. After your brother was lost at sea, Ragetti came to live with you. One day, while drunk, you were both press-ganged into service by the British Royal Navy, but did not take well to this life. After a year of beatings, bad food and boredom, you both jumped ship and set yourselves up as pirates in the Caribbean. Soon after joining Jack Sparrow's crew aboard the Black Pearl, you and many others joined Barbossa in a mutiny against Jack.

Twilight Ability

Each Twilight you may choose one person from your team (yourself included) to protect from being Night killed. You may not choose the same player consecutively.  Please note once Twilight has been announced you have 12 hrs to submit your actions.

1. MarkHB - MarkHB - Ragetti - Investigator - Villain

You are Ragetti, a pirate, most notably aboard the Black Pearl, led by Hector Barbossa and Jack Sparrow. You are rarely seen without your partner in crime and uncle, Pintel. After your father was lost at sea, you went to live with your uncle. One day, while drunk, you were both press-ganged into service by the British Royal Navy, but did not take well to this life. After a year of beatings, bad food and boredom, you both jumped ship and set yourselves up as pirates in the Caribbean. Soon after joining Jack Sparrow's crew aboard the Black Pearl, you and many others joined Barbossa in a mutiny against Jack.

Night Ability

As an investigator you may PM the game mods each Night to learn the identity of your chosen player. You will receive one of the following responses: Character identity or No Result.

10. JTMacc99 – Elizabeth Swann – Detective - Hero

You are Elizabeth Swann, the daughter of Governor Weatherby Swann. Born in London, England, you’ve led a fairly sheltered life of privilege throughout your childhood. With an adventurous spirit and the need to break social boundaries, you have long been fascinated with the freewheeling world of buccaneers to a point of learning a song about pirates as a child. After the death of your mother, your father raised his you on his own. Much to your father's dismay, pirates always fascinated you as a girl, particularly on the HMS Dauntless' voyage from England to the British colony at Port Royal on the vibrant and prosperous island of Jamaica. When the Dauntless crew rescued young Will Turner, a mysterious shipwreck survivor from a pirate attack, you recognized the "pirate medallion" he wore and stole it while he was still unconscious.

Night Ability

As an investigator you may PM the game mods each Night to learn the role of your chosen player. You will receive one of the following responses: Character identity or No Result.

13. raven – Commodore James Norrington - Mason - Hero

You are Commodore James Norrington, an officer of the British Royal Navy and the East India Trading Company. Bewigged and resplendent in your uniform and owe your allegiance to King George II. You take pride in service to others before yourself, and having a strong dedication to the law, you are the scourge of piracy in the Caribbean.

Mason Ability

You form a mason pair with Snookums. This means you are permitted to chat outside the game thread between yourselves in a PM.

• Love 1

My takeaway:

1. We're down an investigator, which sucks. But so are the bad guys.
  2. Either Gibbs is a two-kill, or they protected themself. Hoping it's the latter.
  3. Despite all the death and chaos, it looks like there's only one faction of villains. The other group would've been the East India Trading Company, but Norrington was listed as a hero. Maybe a vigilante took out the wrong target. Not exactly a feather in your cap, that move...
  4. Unless there's a character named Snookums, we've got one less target.
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

Friends, Foes and Friendly Foes, Who Knows?!

Whoa....  what a story.

Does this part make anyone think there’s a twist where a player/maybe a team is sometime friend/sometime foe? Might explain the double kill?

Not seeing anything in JT's posts that gives away who he'd investigated N1, but at least we know Snookums is on the side of good.  (I should have known the investigator would get killed after I asked them to clear me name.)

1 hour ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

Despite all the death and chaos, it looks like there's only one faction of villains. The other group would've been the East India Trading Company, but Norrington was listed as a hero. Maybe a vigilante took out the wrong target. Not exactly a feather in your cap, that move...

Ok so three kills last Night: 2 heroes, and a villain.  You think there were 2 hero vigilantes, and one hit while the other missed?  What are the odds they both used a NK on Night 2? 

Simpler explanations: 1) there's more than one bad side, or 2) JT investigated someone on alert, and that killed him.

Thoughts on our Anonymous vote? It helped complete a villain DL. 

Well, at least I've cleared my name!

The story emphasized the keys a LOT, (also the dog) but I don't know how much of that is from the movies and how much not. I understand that events from the actual films aren't clues, right?

1 hour ago, Snookums said:

I understand that events from the actual films aren't clues, right?

Well, maybe.  There was the whole discussion about the dress gifting scene possibly being a clue pointing to Peach, and it turned out Peach was a villain.  But that scene was brought up because it was altered from the original.  So events that happened in the film, but with different dialogue than presented here may be early clues.   But as we keep losing people, our events are going to diverge wildly from the canon, so we can't rely on that being the only clue source.

4 hours ago, Drogo said:

Simpler explanations: 1) there's more than one bad side, or 2) JT investigated someone on alert, and that killed him.

So an SK or a Veteran. 

The story implies Mercer fired the fatal shot, and he's East India.  Norrington being a Hero would imply that East India is on the side of the Protagonists, and thus a Vet.  But the Mercer character is more self-opportunistic, so I'm leaning towards SK.  (Norrington himself being a hero no matter what faction he seems to represent makes perfect sense to me.  The 3rd movie clinched that.)

3 hours ago, Drogo said:

Thoughts on our Anonymous vote?

I have a theory, but as a precaution to protect the person I think has that ability, I'm not going to talk about it.

One other bit of information can be gleaned from the dead.  Based on the investigators' powers, there's someone on each side that can hide roles, or otherwise block powers.  And it's got to be Jack the monkey that has that power for the Villains.  It's funnier for him to have it than Barbossa.

1 hour ago, SVNBob said:

The story implies Mercer fired the fatal shot, and he's East India.  Norrington being a Hero would imply that East India is on the side of the Protagonists, and thus a Vet.  But the Mercer character is more self-opportunistic, so I'm leaning towards SK.  (Norrington himself being a hero no matter what faction he seems to represent makes perfect sense to me.  The 3rd movie clinched that.)

Or maybe Norrington is the only heroic character from the EITC, and the others are a separate villain faction. That makes more sense to me.

Did anyone with more of an eagle eye than me spot any clues?

Can a clue be about a person’s screen name?   In the new story, the term “razor intellect” seems out of place.  It’s not pirate speak or nautical or Ye Olde English.  It does describe the character Dead Pool though.  Ninja swords.  Witty banter.  

3 hours ago, terrymct said:

Can a clue be about a person’s screen name?   In the new story, the term “razor intellect” seems out of place.  It’s not pirate speak or nautical or Ye Olde English.

Not trying to mafiasplain here, but since the introduction of profiles typically all the clues come from there (so we can avoid all horses meaning me and all trees meaning @The Crazed Spruce.)  The exception would be if you were a villain, since I believe you're the only player this round who doesn't have a profile.  

I do agree that razor-sharp intellect was an interesting choice; it reminds me of The Princess Bride's famous Battle of Wits scene. 

Two of our players have TPB as their favorite film - SVNBob who I had on my trust list based on what I thought were hints (but he's since said they weren't) and Machiabelly. Neither was on the Peach DL.  

6 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Two of our players have TPB as their favorite film - SVNBob who I had on my trust list based on what I thought were hints (but he's since said they weren't) and Machiabelly. Neither was on the Peach DL.  

Hmmm.... interesting.  I do think Machiabelly was dealing with the hurricane around the time of the Peach DL, but I'd have to go back and check.  SVNBob on the other hand... 

29 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Not trying to mafiasplain here, but since the introduction of profiles typically all the clues come from there (so we can avoid all horses meaning me and all trees meaning @The Crazed Spruce.)  The exception would be if you were a villain, since I believe you're the only player this round who doesn't have a profile.  

I do agree that razor-sharp intellect was an interesting choice; it reminds me of The Princess Bride's famous Battle of Wits scene. 

I don’t have a profile because it didn’t  occurred to me to make one when I migrated over from previouslyTV.    I suspect I didn’t have one there or on Television Without Pity either.  I’ll make one though.  

My first attempt at finding a clue was of mixed success.  Lol

• LOL 1
1 minute ago, terrymct said:

I don’t have a profile because it didn’t  occurred to me to make one when I migrated over from previouslyTV.    I suspect I didn’t have one there or on Television Without Pity either.  I’ll make one though.  

I don't think you're quite understanding what Drogo means.  He means under the player profiles in this game where you answer questions about yourself. I believe though that you're not supposed to update it during the game, so maybe you have to wait until this game is over.

3 minutes ago, deaja said:

I don't think you're quite understanding what Drogo means.  He means under the player profiles in this game where you answer questions about yourself. I believe though that you're not supposed to update it during the game, so maybe you have to wait until this game is over.

Oh!   I was totally off base.  Sorry about that. 

I’m completely outing myself as the character called The Village Idiot.  Lol

• LOL 2