Type keyword(s) to search

Pirates of the Caribbean Mafia

• Start Topic

The mutinous Twilight caught Day with its pants down, held a pistol to Day's head and took over the ship game.

You have 12 hours to submit Twilight actions. You may continue any game discussion until the Night story is posted.

**Reminder - if you didn’t post during Day any unique ability you may have is voided for this Twilight/Night phase.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, SVNBob said:

6 villains out of 18 means 12 v 6...or a 2:1 ratio.  13:5 is closer to 3:1.

Now listen here..  I never claimed math was my unique ability. 

10 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

Twilight caught Day with its pants down

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, SVNBob said:

My guess?  Another distraction/stall technique.

@terrymct, it's time for you to stop being cute and just posting one partially off-topic sentence at a time.  We're going to DL you unless you have a decent defense this time, and not just a stall tactic. 

Put some cards on the table and post something of substance.

I'm not certain at this point what a decent defense is.   I'm also not sure what constitutes substance at this point, either.  There are no clues in the above story block.  There's only a few people left who are active.   Someone gave me protection last night, I'd like to think because I don't seem like a big bad.  Someone killed a hero last night.  Wasn't me.  I haven't killed a hero at all.   Come to think of it, I haven't killed a villain either, but I did try to vote in the process a couple of times.

I wasn't trying to be cute when I thanked the people who gave me some pointers either through direct comments or by my watching what they do.  I mean that.  If that's cute, damn it I'm cuter than one of those flat faced Japanese cats trying to fit into a box.  LOL

giphy.gif

Nothing I can say at this point will change your mind, I'm sure.  I'm going to stand on the gunwales of the boat, try to make sure my sword is pointing in the right direction and enjoy the heck out of this.

giphy.gif

• Love 1
11 hours ago, terrymct said:

I'm not certain at this point what a decent defense is.   I'm also not sure what constitutes substance at this point, either.

Here's a hint: in general, cat gifs are not a good defense nor are they of substance.  A reason to not have us DL you is.  Those are things like identity claims, power claims, and/or an alternate target with something (an old clue or other evidence) to back it up.  (The "thank you for the pointers" note was more of substance, but still not good defense.)

The only thing you said that fits is:

11 hours ago, terrymct said:

Someone gave me protection last night,

That's the only thing that gave me pause (too late, since Twilight was called meaning the DL is locked.)  And it only gave me pause once you said it clearly, not in any flowery language.  Because, assuming this is true, then we may indeed be off course. 

At this point, the only logical reason I can see you getting protection is because you are a Hero and the Villain thought you were a good smokescreen.  And if I were them (which I'm not.  I think you all know who I am by now), I'd think that.  Hell, I've been that in some games.

But, for sake of argument, let's assume that you are indeed a Hero.  So who protected you?  It wasn't me (not my power), Drogo (based on the events leading to the vote), Deadpool, (not his power) nor Snookums (not theirs either).  We're also the ones that voted in this DL.

You're claiming a protection via a 3rd party, so that leaves TexasGal, and helenamonster.  TexasGal pointed out a clue for deaja before the DL on her started.  helena's been rather silent, but also voted for you when we first tried to DL you.  Of the two, helena is the better suspect to be a Villain (voted for a Hero, a potential clue), and will likely be the target on the next Day if we get that far.

...Or, this could be a convenient lie to attempt to suss out any remaining protectors on the Hero side.  Meaning that yes, you are protected terry, but of your own Villainous device, and by raising the question, you make the vocal Heroes (myself and Drogo mainly) want to call out the rest to see if they have protective powers to give you the right person to target during toNight.   I almost fell into that trap.

This still might be a bit of a gamble, but I like the odds.  Besides, even if we're wrong and the Night continues on, it's not like any Villain would be attacking me.

• Useful 1

Your storyteller wanted to get the Night story posted before the weekend but has a busy day ahead of her, which means this story is short (not so sure about the sweet) & gifless. 

Night 6

Curses!

The cursed crew of the Black Pearl rowed as hard as their arms would allow.

Weatherby, now acting captain, motivated them, “Row, row for your lives, lest ye end up in Davy Jones’ Locker!”

The Flying Dutchman had surfaced when the kraken sank back under the waves and the crew knew what that meant if captured.

“You already be cursed; serving on the Dutchman would make ye cursed twice over!” he roared frantically at the frightened crew.

The Dutchman sailed nearer and nearer and once in range, fired a warning shot at the rowboats. The cannon ball flew past and hit the water in a huge ‘splash!’ just ahead of the small group of boats. A few decided to take their chances in the water and jumped in, hoping to get away undetected in the confusion that was bearing down on them imminently.

The shadow of the Dutchman loomed ever larger as it drew closer; another cannon ball was fired and clipped one boat as it shot past, splintering one side of it. What remained quickly succumbed to the merciless waves, taking the terrified men inside with it.

What remained of the crew found themselves looking into the monstrous face of Davy Jones himself. The mutated crew of the Dutchman leered and chanted as they gathered around the chained men on the ship’s deck, “Part of the crew, part of the ship”.

Jones addressed them, “Do you fear the dark abyss? All your deeds laid bare. All your sins punished. I can offer you...an escape. Life is cruel. Why should the what comes next be any different? I offer you a choice. Join my crew...and postpone the day of judgment. One hundred years before the mast. Will ye serve?” he asked.

The crew of the Pearl looked at one another with worry-lined faces, each one reluctantly nodded in turn.

Weatherby, his wrists chained, spoke for his crew, “Aye”.

============================================

You have 24 hrs to submit your Night actions, please be sure not to miss this deadline.

**Reminder - if you didn’t post during Day any unique ability you may have is voided for this Twilight/Night phase.

There are 0 clues in this story.

Living players: Still sailing the seven seas

2. Drogo

4. Deadpool

8. Snookums

11. TexasGal

14. helenamonster

16. SVNBob

Dead players: Gone down to Davy Jones’ locker

17. Lisin - Crimp - Lookout - Hero

You are Crimp, a pirate operating in and around Tortuga.

Twilight Ability

Each Twilight you may choose a player to watch over and will learn if anyone visits them for any reason.

12. peachmangosteen - Pintel - Protector - Villain

You are Pintel, a pirate, most notably aboard the Black Pearl, led by Hector Barbossa and Jack Sparrow. You are rarely seen without your partner in crime and nephew, Ragetti. After your brother was lost at sea, Ragetti came to live with you. One day, while drunk, you were both press-ganged into service by the British Royal Navy, but did not take well to this life. After a year of beatings, bad food and boredom, you both jumped ship and set yourselves up as pirates in the Caribbean. Soon after joining Jack Sparrow's crew aboard the Black Pearl, you and many others joined Barbossa in a mutiny against Jack.

Twilight Ability

Each Twilight you may choose one person from your team (yourself included) to protect from being Night killed. You may not choose the same player consecutively.  Please note once Twilight has been announced you have 12 hrs to submit your actions.

1. MarkHB - MarkHB - Ragetti – Investigator - Villain

You are Ragetti, a pirate, most notably aboard the Black Pearl, led by Hector Barbossa and Jack Sparrow. You are rarely seen without your partner in crime and uncle, Pintel. After your father was lost at sea, you went to live with your uncle. One day, while drunk, you were both press-ganged into service by the British Royal Navy, but did not take well to this life. After a year of beatings, bad food and boredom, you both jumped ship and set yourselves up as pirates in the Caribbean. Soon after joining Jack Sparrow's crew aboard the Black Pearl, you and many others joined Barbossa in a mutiny against Jack.

Night Ability

As an investigator you may PM the game mods each Night to learn the identity of your chosen player. You will receive one of the following responses: Character identity or No Result.

10. JTMacc99 – Elizabeth Swann – Detective - Hero

You are Elizabeth Swann, the daughter of Governor Weatherby Swann. Born in London, England, you’ve led a fairly sheltered life of privilege throughout your childhood. With an adventurous spirit and the need to break social boundaries, you have long been fascinated with the freewheeling world of buccaneers to a point of learning a song about pirates as a child. After the death of your mother, your father raised his you on his own. Much to your father's dismay, pirates always fascinated you as a girl, particularly on the HMS Dauntless' voyage from England to the British colony at Port Royal on the vibrant and prosperous island of Jamaica. When the Dauntless crew rescued young Will Turner, a mysterious shipwreck survivor from a pirate attack, you recognized the "pirate medallion" he wore and stole it while he was still unconscious.

Night Ability

As an investigator you may PM the game mods each Night to learn the role of your chosen player. You will receive one of the following responses: Character identity or No Result.

13. raven – Commodore James Norrington – Mason - Hero

You are Commodore James Norrington, an officer of the British Royal Navy and the East India Trading Company. Bewigged and resplendent in your uniform and owe your allegiance to King George II. You take pride in service to others before yourself, and having a strong dedication to the law, you are the scourge of piracy in the Caribbean.

Mason Ability

You form a mason pair with Snookums. This means you are permitted to chat outside the game thread between yourselves in a PM.

18. festivus - Duncan - Universal Backup Investigator - Hero

You are Duncan, a pirate operating in and around Tortuga.

Passive Ability

You start the game as a vanilla Townie with no actions. However, whenever the first power role dies (i.e. Doctor, Detective, Vigilante, etc.), the Universal back-up inherits that power role and can use it themselves from then on.  You will be PM’d with details when\if this happens.

Night Ability

As an investigator you may PM the game mods each Night to learn the role of your chosen player. You will receive one of the following responses: Character identity or No Result.

3. Machiabelly – Jack the Monkey – Weak Disguiser - Villain

You are Jack the Monkey, or simply Jack, the capuchin pet monkey owned by the black-hearted Captain Hector Barbossa. Mockingly named after Captain Jack Sparrow, you’re considered the meanest, most rotten-tempered simian in all the Caribbean.

Twilight Ability

Each Twilight you may choose a Character Identity (This can be from the game or someone else from the POTC Universe) you’d like to be detected as; the success of your disguise will depend on a coin flip.  You will not be aware of the outcome of the coin flip.

6. The Crazed Spruce TCS – Cotton’s Parrot – Prankster - Hero

You are a stunning blue and gold macaw owned by Cotton, a pirate who lives in Shipwreck Cove. Cotton lost his tongue to another pirate. Unable to speak, he subsequently trained you to use a large number of phrases to essentially talk for him. How the mute Cotton achieved such a feat is unknown.

Night Ability

Each Night you may choose 1 player from among those who have not contributed within the game thread at all during the previous Day or Twilight to usurp their vote for the following Day. If everybody posts, you may choose from anyone. Your second vote will be added automatically to any DL you join as an anonymous vote placed by the mods.

7. statsgirl – Will Turner – Doctor - Hero

You are Will Turner, born William Turner Jr. You are an accomplished blacksmith by trade, an excellent swordsman by pursuit and a budding pirate by fate.  A simple craftsman, your life revolves around your work, and your distant longing for a woman you know could never be your wife; Elizabeth Swann.

Twilight Ability

You may choose 1 player each Twilight to heal from attack, you may not choose the same player on two consecutive occasions and you may choose yourself only once.  Please note once Twilight has been announced you have 12 hrs to submit your actions.

15. deaja – Captain Hector Barbossa – Godfather & Intangible - Villain

You are Captain Hector Barbossa, a legendary and ferocious pirate of the Caribbean. A captain of treacherous morality and a master of your own fate, you are the ultimate survivor. Ruthless and cunning, combining experience with reckless daring, you are also a deadly enemy and nemesis to Captain Jack Sparrow. In your youth, you were an honest sailor who left to make an easier living as a pirate. Originally a captain of the schooner Cobra, you later joined Jack Sparrow aboard the Black Pearl as first mate. After a while of sailing under Sparrow, you led a mutiny against Jack and marooned him on a desert island.

Twilight Ability

You have a one time only action of making yourself ‘intangible’; this means you will be immune from all actions for that Twilight and Night cycle only.

Night Ability

Your team may select 1 player to kill each Night; any member of the team may submit the kill order.

Passive Ability

As mafia godfather you will automatically appear as a hero to any detective investigation.

5. aquarian1 - Cotton - ‘Polly want a cracker?!’ - Hero

You are Cotton, a pirate who lives in Shipwreck Cove and operates in the Caribbean. You had your tongue cut out, due to an encounter with another pirate. You subsequently trained your loyal parrot to speak for you—though how as a mute, you achieved such a feat remains unknown.

Twilight Ability

Each Twilight you may send your parrot, to a player of your choice, and based on a coin flip he will either: 1. Guide that player to safety for the Night against nightkills but the player loses use of their ability for that Night. or 2. Bite the player resulting in a clue to that player’s character identity being brought back to you.

9. terrymct – Weatherby – Roleblocker - Villain

You are Weatherby, a pirate serving aboard the Black Pearl under Captain Hector Barbossa. Presumably recruited as member of the Black Pearl's crew by Captain Jack Sparrow you supported the mutiny that saw Sparrow's First Mate, Hector Barbossa, take command of the Pearl.

Twilight Ability

Each Twilight you may select a player to roleblock to prevent them using any ability they may have for that Twilight/Night cycle.  Please note once Twilight has been announced you have 12 hrs to submit your actions.

• Love 1

Day 7

The Legend of the Black Pearl

The Wicked Wench was a ship that had been used for piracy until it was captured and later sold to the East India Trading Co. and owned by Cutler Beckett, the EITC Director.

07_tour_wickedwench.jpg

At the time, none other than Jack Sparrow was in the employ of the East India Trading Co.

88935cbf420fc8b77e05243447ee5724.jpg

Jack captained the Wicked Wench for Cutler Beckett for about a year, and was perfectly happy until he was ordered to haul a shipment of slaves, which he refused to do. Hoping to recruit Sparrow as one of his many "operatives", Beckett indulged what he regarded as an odd peccadillo of Sparrow's until he and the captain came to a parting of the ways.

Beckett dispatched Sparrow on a mission to find the lost island of Kerma, and the treasure at the heart of its underground labyrinth, but Jack double-crossed him, claiming he couldn't locate the island. Suspicious that Sparrow had indeed found the island and the treasure, but had not given him its accurate location, Beckett, determined to browbeat the captain into obedience, demanded that the young captain transport a cargo of slaves to the New World. Initially Jack agreed, but when he realized that he was betraying the Wicked Wench, as well as himself, he rebelled and freed the slaves by taking them to Kerma for safe asylum.

Furious that Sparrow had flouted his orders and stolen the "cargo" of "black gold", Beckett had him thrown into jail. After allowing him to languish for a couple of months, Beckett had Sparrow transported to the Wicked Wench's anchorage, about a mile from the coast of West Africa, near Calabar on the Bight of Benin. After personally branding Sparrow with the "P" brand (so he'd be forever identifiable as a pirate).

ooUWpR9.gif

58V3mf8.gif

To rub salt into the wound, so to speak, Cutler Becket wanted the Wicked Wench burned before Sparrow’s eyes to teach him that disobedience did not pay. He gave the order to fire incendiary carcass charges at the ship, in order to totally demoralize her captain. In desperation and panic Jack fought his way free from his guards, dove overboard and attempted to rescue his burning, foundering ship, but he was too late. The Wicked Wench had turned into an inferno, then sank, taking Jack with her.

wwb.jpeg.b43e4ed3bfe4d885c8e37645b472627b.jpeg

Cutler Beckett and his men believed that this was the end. However, the resourceful and desperate captain, while dying, called upon Davy Jones, and struck a bargain with him: his soul and one hundred years service aboard the Flying Dutchman, in return for a continued human existence of thirteen years as captain, plus saving the Wicked Wench and transforming her into the fastest, most dangerous pirate ship on the seven seas. Jones agreed, and raised the ship from the sea floor, now a charred vessel.

tumblr_m0y8vxS7RS1qjhjdwo6_r1_500.gif

tumblr_m0y8vxS7RS1qjhjdwo1_r1_500.gif

When the Wicked Wench returned from the depths she was no longer the same; black sails and hull had replaced the healthy wood, and an angel figurehead was in place. Jack renamed her the Black Pearl, and thus, the legend we all know and love so dearly was born.

InsidiousUnconsciousJackrabbit-size_rest

======================================================

There is 1 clue in this story. You have 36 hrs until Day ends and Twilight begins unless a DL is completed beforehand.

4 votes are required to complete a DL.

2. Drogo

4. Deadpool

8. Snookums

11. TexasGal

14. helenamonster

16. SVNBob

Twilight Ability

Each Twilight you may choose a player to watch over and will learn if anyone visits them for any reason.

You are Pintel, a pirate, most notably aboard the Black Pearl, led by Hector Barbossa and Jack Sparrow. You are rarely seen without your partner in crime and nephew, Ragetti. After your brother was lost at sea, Ragetti came to live with you. One day, while drunk, you were both press-ganged into service by the British Royal Navy, but did not take well to this life. After a year of beatings, bad food and boredom, you both jumped ship and set yourselves up as pirates in the Caribbean. Soon after joining Jack Sparrow's crew aboard the Black Pearl, you and many others joined Barbossa in a mutiny against Jack.

Twilight Ability

Each Twilight you may choose one person from your team (yourself included) to protect from being Night killed. You may not choose the same player consecutively.  Please note once Twilight has been announced you have 12 hrs to submit your actions.

You are Ragetti, a pirate, most notably aboard the Black Pearl, led by Hector Barbossa and Jack Sparrow. You are rarely seen without your partner in crime and uncle, Pintel. After your father was lost at sea, you went to live with your uncle. One day, while drunk, you were both press-ganged into service by the British Royal Navy, but did not take well to this life. After a year of beatings, bad food and boredom, you both jumped ship and set yourselves up as pirates in the Caribbean. Soon after joining Jack Sparrow's crew aboard the Black Pearl, you and many others joined Barbossa in a mutiny against Jack.

Night Ability

As an investigator you may PM the game mods each Night to learn the identity of your chosen player. You will receive one of the following responses: Character identity or No Result.

You are Elizabeth Swann, the daughter of Governor Weatherby Swann. Born in London, England, you’ve led a fairly sheltered life of privilege throughout your childhood. With an adventurous spirit and the need to break social boundaries, you have long been fascinated with the freewheeling world of buccaneers to a point of learning a song about pirates as a child. After the death of your mother, your father raised his you on his own. Much to your father's dismay, pirates always fascinated you as a girl, particularly on the HMS Dauntless' voyage from England to the British colony at Port Royal on the vibrant and prosperous island of Jamaica. When the Dauntless crew rescued young Will Turner, a mysterious shipwreck survivor from a pirate attack, you recognized the "pirate medallion" he wore and stole it while he was still unconscious.

Night Ability

You are Commodore James Norrington, an officer of the British Royal Navy and the East India Trading Company. Bewigged and resplendent in your uniform and owe your allegiance to King George II. You take pride in service to others before yourself, and having a strong dedication to the law, you are the scourge of piracy in the Caribbean.

Mason Ability

You form a mason pair with Snookums. This means you are permitted to chat outside the game thread between yourselves in a PM.

Passive Ability

You start the game as a vanilla Townie with no actions. However, whenever the first power role dies (i.e. Doctor, Detective, Vigilante, etc.), the Universal back-up inherits that power role and can use it themselves from then on.  You will be PM’d with details when\if this happens.

Night Ability

You are Jack the Monkey, or simply Jack, the capuchin pet monkey owned by the black-hearted Captain Hector Barbossa. Mockingly named after Captain Jack Sparrow, you’re considered the meanest, most rotten-tempered simian in all the Caribbean.

Twilight Ability

Each Twilight you may choose a Character Identity (This can be from the game or someone else from the POTC Universe) you’d like to be detected as; the success of your disguise will depend on a coin flip.  You will not be aware of the outcome of the coin flip.

You are a stunning blue and gold macaw owned by Cotton, a pirate who lives in Shipwreck Cove. Cotton lost his tongue to another pirate. Unable to speak, he subsequently trained you to use a large number of phrases to essentially talk for him. How the mute Cotton achieved such a feat is unknown.

Night Ability

Each Night you may choose 1 player from among those who have not contributed within the game thread at all during the previous Day or Twilight to usurp their vote for the following Day. If everybody posts, you may choose from anyone. Your second vote will be added automatically to any DL you join as an anonymous vote placed by the mods.

You are Will Turner, born William Turner Jr. You are an accomplished blacksmith by trade, an excellent swordsman by pursuit and a budding pirate by fate.  A simple craftsman, your life revolves around your work, and your distant longing for a woman you know could never be your wife; Elizabeth Swann.

Twilight Ability

You may choose 1 player each Twilight to heal from attack, you may not choose the same player on two consecutive occasions and you may choose yourself only once.  Please note once Twilight has been announced you have 12 hrs to submit your actions.

You are Captain Hector Barbossa, a legendary and ferocious pirate of the Caribbean. A captain of treacherous morality and a master of your own fate, you are the ultimate survivor. Ruthless and cunning, combining experience with reckless daring, you are also a deadly enemy and nemesis to Captain Jack Sparrow. In your youth, you were an honest sailor who left to make an easier living as a pirate. Originally a captain of the schooner Cobra, you later joined Jack Sparrow aboard the Black Pearl as first mate. After a while of sailing under Sparrow, you led a mutiny against Jack and marooned him on a desert island.

Twilight Ability

You have a one time only action of making yourself ‘intangible’; this means you will be immune from all actions for that Twilight and Night cycle only.

Night Ability

Your team may select 1 player to kill each Night; any member of the team may submit the kill order.

Passive Ability

As mafia godfather you will automatically appear as a hero to any detective investigation.

You are Cotton, a pirate who lives in Shipwreck Cove and operates in the Caribbean. You had your tongue cut out, due to an encounter with another pirate. You subsequently trained your loyal parrot to speak for you—though how as a mute, you achieved such a feat remains unknown.

Twilight Ability

Each Twilight you may send your parrot, to a player of your choice, and based on a coin flip he will either: 1. Guide that player to safety for the Night against nightkills but the player loses use of their ability for that Night. or 2. Bite the player resulting in a clue to that player’s character identity being brought back to you.

You are Weatherby, a pirate serving aboard the Black Pearl under Captain Hector Barbossa. Presumably recruited as member of the Black Pearl's crew by Captain Jack Sparrow you supported the mutiny that saw Sparrow's First Mate, Hector Barbossa, take command of the Pearl.

Twilight Ability

Each Twilight you may select a player to roleblock to prevent them using any ability they may have for that Twilight/Night cycle.  Please note once Twilight has been announced you have 12 hrs to submit your actions.

Posting to make sure I don't miss the day window like I have the past couple of days.  I assume that I am going to be on the suspicious list and will say that is unwarranted.  As a new player, not sure how winky I can be but I do have some value to us heroes. 

8 hours ago, TexasGal said:

As a new player, not sure how winky I can be but I do have some value to us heroes. 

At this point, the time to be "winky" is over.  We're pretty much down to the wire, so we need clarity more than coyness and cleverness.

In other words, cards away from the vest and onto the table.

3 hours ago, Drogo said:

I don't know what the right move is today. 

I'm not sure either.   Gonna be thinking "out-loud" here, as it were, so prepare for a wall of text.

Based on what I've inferred reading over the powers of the deceased, one of the Heroes was given a Role-block ability.  If that was not part of Drogo's arsenal (or even if it was), then that Role-blocker is still in play, since it hasn't shown up on the roster of the dead.

Drogo's power was the Jack of all Trades, Snookums was a Mason with raven but is effectively vanilla now, Deadpool has implied he's a Veteran, and my power...well, it's not the Role-blocker.  Which means that the RB is either TexasGal or helenamonster.  And the other is likely to be the Villain.

Neither of those two posted yesterDay, so the story isn't reflecting a power being blocked.  So with no kill, I have to assume Drogo was right and that the Villain Night Kill is considered a unique ability (or is now, now that there's one Villain to use it) and that it was rule-blocked instead of role-blocked.  But since they've both posted toDay, that means that the NK is back in play, unless we Heroes strike true and win first.

Spit-balling at "clues": There was the reference to the Trojan horse that I brought up as a potential one.  But, this recent story mentions "black gold".  While it is a historical reference to the slave trade, I don't recall it from the films as much.  However, there is another pop-cultural reference that it does invoke: The Ballad of Jed Clampett.  Specifically, the next two words after black gold; Texas tea.  However, since those "clues" point to the same suspects we already have, there's no real help there.

And I've looked at all the profiles again.  Nothing really sticks out.

Now, some off-the-wall speculation.  Nothing necessarily actionable, and possibly more paranoia than anything else, but worth throwing out there.

Mercer is probably the Villain.  However, earlier we thought he might be a Hero Veteran.  Deadpool claimed Veteran status.  Is it possible that Mercer is a Villain Vet?  Should we be aiming for the merc?

raven was Norrington, and a Mason with Snookums.  I thought she might be Governor Swan, which would fit.  But could she be Mercer, and our Masons were a cross-faction pairing?  Vouching for the Hero raven then NK-ing them would be a great disguise play.

So yeah, I'm at a bit of a loss too.  We have to do something; we're this close to the win.  But what is the right course to steer?

On 9/10/2019 at 10:34 PM, TexasGal said:

I’m nervous about what kind of craziness might ensue today, but ok.

5 to DL Festivus (Drogo, helenamonster, aquarian1, terrymct, TexasGal), 2 to get back on the boat

I was 50/50 on best course of action until I went back and saw this post.  Standard "I'm a Bad and we're killing a Good, but I'll go along with it and say 'I told you so' later."

1 to DL TexasGal (Drogo) 3 to make poop deck jokes

I find it strange that nobody died last Night when she was the only one of two people who had no Night actions.

2 to DL TexasGal (Drogo, Deadpool) 2 to make poop deck jokes

Edited by Deadpool
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

I find it strange that nobody died last Night when she was the only one of two people who had no Night actions.

2 to DL TexasGal (Drogo, Deadpool) 2 to make poop deck jokes

Not strange if you consider Occams razor: one of the two who didn't post/vote is a Bad and couldn't submit the NK. 

As Bob explained, while not a power unique to any specific Bad, it IS unique once only one Bad remains.  

On 9/27/2019 at 3:48 AM, SVNBob said:

At this point, the only logical reason I can see you getting protection is because you are a Hero and the Villain thought you were a good smokescreen.  And if I were them (which I'm not.  I think you all know who I am by now), I'd think that.  Hell, I've been that in some games.

But, for sake of argument, let's assume that you are indeed a Hero.  So who protected you?  It wasn't me (not my power), Drogo (based on the events leading to the vote), Deadpool, (not his power) nor Snookums (not theirs either).  We're also the ones that voted in this DL.

Revisiting this in light of your question of hero roleblockers @SVNBob... A1 was a sort of a RB (albeit a hit-or-miss one.) 

As to why terry might have gotten protection, hero A1/Cotton could've sent her parrot to him during Twilight (before her/Cotton's death that Night) on the chance it would "protect him" aka block his Night ability.  That would've been a brilliant choice for Cotton and likely to have happened: since A1 wanted to make sure he couldn't use his baddie-bad powers given that we left the prior Day with heavy suspicion on terry.   

So terry may have very well been protected Night before last.. and knew it when he tried to submit his roleblock (and/or maybe NK) on one of us.. and he was protected not because someone was his guardian angel but because someone was our guardian angel. 

I'm still not 100% sure, but I did go back to check on play history.  I only got through Day 1, but there was something there.

TexasGal seconded an alternate explanation that pointed to festivus, whom was revealed a Hero.  But Helena pointed out a possible clue to peach, whom was revealed to be a Villain.   While the former doesn't mean too much, the latter does.

4 to DL TexasGal (Drogo, Deadpool, helenamonster, Bob) 0 to be giggling swabbies.

5 hours ago, SVNBob said:

4 to DL TexasGal (Drogo, Deadpool, helenamonster, Bob) 0 to be giggling swabbies.

Your narrator was still asleep when the 36hr deadline for Day ended at 5am GMT, therefore, unfortunately this vote is invalid = the DL didn't complete.

Day has ended and Twilight has begun. You have 12 hours to submit Twilight actions. Game discussion may continue until the Night story is posted.

1 hour ago, SilverStormm said:

this vote is invalid

LpY1.gif

Well I thought it looked valid. 

Since no one else wants it, if we do have any protection left, I'd like to ask for it.. 

Night 7

Yo Ho, A Pirate’s Life For Me

Not much is known of Joshamee Gibbs' early life, but it is known that he started sailing with the British Royal Navy in his younger days.

latest?cb=20180821210540&path-prefix=it

At some point in Jack Sparrow's teenage years, Jack and his father Edward Teague were captured by the Royal Navy. Gibbs, being friends with Teague, secretly helped them to escape their cells, being able to do this only because he was a sailor in the Royal Navy. However, he was very lenient to pirates as he wanted to keep the rum supply he was getting from them going.

Serving as a sailor of the Royal Navy, Gibbs was stationed aboard the HMS Dauntless during its voyage from England to the Caribbean, carrying Governor Weatherby Swann and his twelve year old daughter, Elizabeth, to Port Royal. Along the way, they encountered a wrecked vessel, and Gibbs voiced the opinion that it was the result of a pirate attack. Elizabeth became acquainted enough with Gibbs to recognize him on sight many years later. Ironically, while serving on the Dauntless, Gibbs was superstitious of pirates, even going as far to tell Elizabeth to stop singing a pirate song because it would supposedly invoke pirates upon them.

tumblr_lvv2u2dyN21qckgmgo1_500.gif

Gibbs remained with the Royal Navy for a while, though at some point over the next eight years, he turned to piracy. How he left the Navy is unknown, though it could have been either Gibbs chose of his own accord to desert his post or that it was Jack Sparrow who persuaded Gibbs to turn pirate.

tumblr_pejse0TZxK1wneyfjo2_500.gif

It's also likely that he’d become so scared of pirates that he concluded that the only way to overcome this fear was to become one of them. By this point, Gibbs had known Jack well enough to be able to relate much of the man's life story and misadventures prior to his going after the treasure of the Isla de Muerta aboard the Black Pearl. He also became aware of the curse that afflicted those who removed the Aztec gold, and was aware of Sparrow's attempts to retake the Pearl following a mutiny led by Hector Barbossa.

80044.gif

Following Barbossa's mutiny, Jack wound up at Port Royal, where he met a local beggar named Sightless Sam who offered to join Jack's crew as a boatswain. Little did Jack know that Gibbs, who had recently deserted the Royal Navy, was Sam's assistant. By this time, they began a close friendship.

IncompleteVibrantBellsnake-small.gif

After Jack's exploits with the crew of the Mourning Star, he sailed back to Tortuga where he dismissed most of his crew, Gibbs included and together they spent a year or so on Tortuga before Jack commandeered the Jolly Mon.

tumblr_n1tmtpORpw1ts76wjo1_500.gif

When Jack and Joshamee next met, Gibbs was down on his luck.

tumblr_lvnf2zS3Xc1qjhjdwo3_r3_500.gif

tenor.gif

Accompanied by Will Turner, Jack joined Gibbs for a drink, where he agreed to help round up a crew after learning of Jack's plan to recapture the Black Pearl from Barbossa. The crew, with Gibbs as first mate, manned the commandeered navy vessel HMS Interceptor, and set out for Isla de Muerta.

========================================

You have 24 hrs to submit your Night actions, please be sure not to miss this deadline.

There are 0 clues in this story.

2. Drogo

4. Deadpool

8. Snookums

11. TexasGal

14. helenamonster

16. SVNBob

Twilight Ability

Twilight Ability

1. MarkHB - MarkHB - Ragetti – Investigator – Villain

Night Ability

Night Ability

Mason Ability

Passive Ability

Night Ability

Twilight Ability

Night Ability

Twilight Ability

Twilight Ability

Night Ability

Passive Ability

Twilight Ability

Twilight Ability

Each Twilight you may select a player to roleblock to prevent them using any ability they may have for that Twilight/Night cycle.  Please note once Twilight has been announced you have 12 hrs to submit your actions.

• Love 1

And this is where I would normally offer to one a One Night or more in the interim.  But since I'm also about to be off for the weekend,..maybe I could do one starting on Monday?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 10/4/2019 at 4:09 PM, SilverStormm said:

Game mod notice

I was hoping the game would be over by this weekend but that doesn't seem likely now. I'm off next week so I've decided to have a week+ hiatus until the game resumes. Day 8 will be posted on Monday 14th.

Serious apologies folks, I underestimated things and today totally got away from me, which means Day 8, unfortunately, is delayed until tomorrow.

In the meantime, please accept this Blackadder clip as compensation and for your viewing pleasure.

#notenoughhoursintheday

• Love 4

Day 8

Curiosity Killed The Cat (O’Nine Tails)

Mercer squinted at the sunlight as he came from below and reached the deck. A shadow cast across his face allowed him to fully open his eyes.

“Ah Mr Mercer, keeping busy and making yourself useful I trust?” former Lieutenant, now Commodore, Gillette asked inelegantly as he stepped into view.

latest?cb=20180216202731

Mercer smiled duplicitously, “Most assuredly Commodore” and tipped his hat at the soldier.

Mercer-profile_9238.png

“Good, good. Doubtless His Majesty will be pleased to hear that the East India Company has provided all possible support in our efforts overseas” Gillette replied. He’d noticed some spots of blood on the man’s cuff as he’d raised his hand to his hat and grew uneasy, “Are you injured?” he asked.

A look of mild surprise crossed Mercer’s features until he followed Gillette’s gaze to his cuff and the incriminating blood, “No, it’s nothing. Probably got on there while I was assisting one of the injured marines” he lied.

“Well, don’t allow me to keep you I presume you have things to attend to” Gillette replied stiffly.

“Indeed” Mercer tipped his hat once more and walked away.

Gillette turned and watched as Mercer left, the man was shifty and not to be trusted in his opinion. He looked back in the direction from whence Mercer had come and furrowed his brow, ‘What business would he have down in the hold? Mercer isn’t the type to do manual labour unless ordered’ he wondered.

His curiosity piqued, Gillette started to make his way down below decks. He grabbed a lantern – still warm - it wasn’t long before he stumbled across a body surrounded by a pool of blood. Gillette stepped closer to identify the dead man; he grimaced as his shoes squelched in the dark, scarlet liquid.

68d38ab83306a980dcfdb0ba2d8f84ff.png

He held a kerchief to his mouth and lowered the lantern, he recognised it was one of Sparrow’s crew. The man’s throat had been cut from ear to ear. A quiet footstep came from behind.

Gillette stood up, “Who goes there?” quickly he turned swinging the lantern around, too quickly. His shoe slipped in the blood, the Commodore dropped the lantern as his arms wind-milled in an attempt to maintain his footing.

It was to no avail; he stumbled back and tripped over the body then landed on his back. The figure approached as Gillette scrambled to get to his feet.

“Need some help Commodore?” Mercer asked as he reached the flailing Gillette. He came around behind and grabbed the officer under the arms, “Allow me” he grunted as Gillette slowly straightened up.

The fallen lantern revealed both his feet were struggling to find purchase on the wet, ruby glistening floor. He slipped down again, this time landing on his rear with a damp thud. Mercer dragged Gillette away from the sodden area, further into the shadows.

“Thank you…” the Commodore began while he started to rise. His legs were kicked from under him. “What the devil do you think you’re playing at man?!” he spluttered in indignation.

“This isn’t any game Commodore” Mercer answered coolly.

maxresdefault.jpg

Gillette blustered, “Out of my way or I’ll have you thrown in the brig you damnable oik”

Mercer drew his pistol, “Give me your sword and pistol, now” he demanded pointing the weapon at the Commodore.

013c6a136095dcc8d8ba02fbf952bb9e8a8c37a7

“Have you lost your mind?!?!” Gillette replied in utter surprise.

“Not yet, but you will if you don’t hand over your weapons right now” Mercer cocked the pistol.

325?cb=20100608164149

Gillette drew his sword and pistol, “Slowly, I have an itchy trigger finger and we wouldn’t want me to blow your brains out accidentally now would we” Mercer menaced.

Gillette slowly placed his weapons on the floor, “Kick ‘em away” Mercer ordered.

He did as he was bid, “This is madness and folly sir, surely you cannot expect to get away with…”

Mercer stepped forward and pistol-whipped him.

“By the time they find your corpse, I’ll be long gone. Your sword will be covered in that miscreant’s blood and the crew of the Black Pearl will be blamed for your demise” Mercer explained.

“But why?” Gillette asked, hoping against hope to buy himself more time, enough time for help to arrive if he was very fortunate.

latest?cb=20190305181715&path-prefix=de

“Dead men tell no tales” Mercer answered then stabbed the unfortunate Commodore through the heart.

==================================================

There is 1 clue in this story. You have 36 hrs until Day ends and Twilight begins unless a DL is completed beforehand.

3 votes are required to complete a DL.

2. Drogo

4. Deadpool

11. TexasGal

14. helenamonster

16. SVNBob

Twilight Ability

Twilight Ability

Night Ability

Night Ability

Mason Ability

Passive Ability

Night Ability

Twilight Ability

Night Ability

Twilight Ability

Twilight Ability

Night Ability

Passive Ability

Twilight Ability

Twilight Ability

8. Snookums – Lieutenant Gillette – Mason - Hero

You are Gillette, a devoted officer in the British Royal Navy, holding the rank of lieutenant. You are first officer to Commodore James Norrington as well as his right hand man as you both command the forces stationed at Port Royal.

Mason Ability

You form a mason pair with character Commodore James Norrington, who is Raven.  This means you are permitted to chat outside the game thread between yourselves in a PM we will set up for you.

• Love 1

It's been an odd feeling to have this rope around my neck for a week.  In hopes of saving myself I tried to find the clue to argue my case, but the only things that jumped out to me are the words "scarlet" and "ruby" to describe the blood.  Both helenamonster and myself said red are our favorite colors so that doesn't help me.  

However, knowing I am not a villain, and that the side of good is better off with me alive than dead, I will start a DL on helena and let the chips fall where they may.

1 to DL helenamonster (TexasGal), 2 to get this thing off my neck 

Another quick-step without me.  Not surprising, given the events of the last Day and the anticipation for this one.  Just for the record though, I would have been in on this one had I been here in time.

15 hours ago, Drogo said:

to braid Bob's hair 

In case this is of any confusion to anyone (though I seriously doubt it by this point)

tumblr_n7oshfH2V71rbuyeko2_250.gif

• Love 1

Night 8

Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum!

Jack and Gibbs reached the Dauntless after a long swim and were hauled aboard. The First Mate made it clear they were prisoners of the Royal Navy and once dry they were put to work helping restore the ship.

Once they were clear of any marine’s earshot Gibb’s spoke, “What next Jack? Surely we don’t mean to die as skivvies for the Navy?”

Jack smirked, “I, speaking purely for myself, don’t mean to die anytime soon, savvy?”

“Do ye have a plan at all captain?” Gibbs asked hopefully.

“The plan is to find the Pearl Mr Gibbs. Then deal with Barbossa and then take back my ship!” Jack said with flamboyant confidence.

Gibbs grinned, “Sounds like a fine plan indeed.” He added, “How do ye propose we achieve it?”

“All in good time Mr Gibbs, all in good time” Jack replied cryptically.

The missing Commodore had initiated a ship-wide search, which yielded little results. The body of Cotton had been found with the Commodore’s bloodied sword beside it but no sign of the Commodore himself. The First Mate had little choice but to follow previous orders and the Dauntless, now sea-worthy again and sufficiently crewed, set out in pursuit of the Black Pearl.

The Pearl came into view; sitting still in the water, seemingly abandoned, she was an eerie sight. More than a few marines had even crossed themselves at the possibility of a ghost ship before them. The Dauntless sailed close, weighed anchor and threw down boarding planks then the First Mate gave orders to search the ship.

Hearing of this, Jack addressed the First Mate using his best ‘I only want to help’ face and tone, “Listen mate, methinks it would be a wise, and if I may say, prudent, choice to have a person what knows said ship inside and out to assist in the endeavour you are about to undertake. To wit, I humbly volunteer to guide, nay, navigate said search, at great risk to my own person no less, for the betterment and benefit of His Majesty’s Royal Navy. What say you?” 

The First Mate looked him up and down, “Fine. But at the first sign of funny business my men who will not hesitate to shoot you”

Jack nodded his agreement, “No funny business, got it”

“I volunteer too!” Gibbs added hastily.

“Get them out of my sight” the harassed First Mate ordered dismissively.

“With wisdom such as yours, doubtless you’ll make Commodore before this is over” Jack schmoozed as they were shooed away.

Something happened next, which none had accounted for; the waters around the Dauntless began to bubble and roil.

Jack knew instantly what this portended, “Round up the crew!” he told Gibbs urgently, “Get them to the Pearl!”

Gibbs ran off to do as ordered while marines were distracted looking at the churning waters in confusion. Jack ran across a boarding plank onto the Pearl. There was no time for searching; he began readying the ship to leave. Two huge tentacles rose from the depths and slammed onto the deck of the Dauntless. Marines scrambled this way and that to avoid the flailing beast. Some were crushed while others were swept away and flung far overboard.

Belowdecks, Gibbs frantically searched for the Pearl’s crew, he’d rounded up Anamaria and a few others and bid them, “Jack’s awaitin’, get ye to the Pearl. NOW!” He spotted Moises in a dark corner and hurried to him, “What are ye waitin’ for?! Go!” he yelled at the stoic pirate.

310?cb=20190119203411

Moises said nothing, he stepped forward and Gibbs saw Mercer behind him, a pistol held to his back.

“YOU! But why?” Gibbs asked, confused.

“Let’s just say this man saw something he wasn’t supposed to” Mercer replied.

“We have to get off this ship now! There’s no time, a kraken be attacking” Gibbs said desperately.

He’ll be going nowhere, tie him up” Mercer ordered.

Gibbs began to protest, “Remember what Lord Cutler told you and the deal you agreed to. Do as I say!” Mercer shouted.

Gibbs reluctantly followed orders, “And you’ll say nothing to anybody about this” Mercer added.

Moises was left bound and gagged as the two men hurried out of the hold and ran for the Pearl. Marines were shooting at the tentacles; another had wrapped itself around the ship’s main mast and a fourth tore at the sails violently. The ship rocked back and forth from the attack. All the boarding planks had fallen away in the commotion. Gibbs saw that Anamaria and the others had made it to the Pearl and were about to weigh anchor. Panic-stricken, he looked around hurriedly for a solution amongst the chaos.  He saw ropes hanging and grabbed one then swung across, blindly hoping the rope was long enough and would reach. He landed on the handrail and let go, unbalanced he began to topple backwards but one of the crew grabbed his legs and pulled him forward. Mercer had followed suit and landed cat-like further away, unnoticed.

The kraken had emerged from the water fully, all tentacles were now attached to the Dauntless. Slowly, the ship was being crushed as wood cracked, broke and splintered. The main mast snapped and broke in two.

“Abandon ship!” the First Mate ordered.

Jack watched the destruction of the Dauntless, and the small boats rowing away from her as fast as they could, from deck of the Pearl.

Even though they were too far away to hear, he still shouted to the officers, “You will always remember this as the day you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow!”

The Pearl weighed anchor and headed in the opposite direction as fast as she could go. Once out of danger Gibbs, a bottle of rum in hand, approached Jack on the ship’s bridge, “Where to Cap’n?” he asked.

Jack checked his compass then looked up and out to sea, “Bring me that horizon”

05d950ac03dffd4a9fdac537c08206ab.gif

The end.

==========================================

CONGRATS TO TEAM SK - @Deadpool and @Drogo!

COMMISERATIONS TO TEAM HERO AND VILLAINS, YOU MADE VALIANT EFFORTS. GREAT GAME ALL!

Recap and Awards will be up in the next day or so.

Living players: Sailing into the sunset

2. Drogo – First Mate Mr (Joshamee) Gibbs – Recruitable Vig – Hero Team SK

You are Joshamee Gibbs, aka Mr Gibbs, the longtime comrade and devoted First Mate of Captain Jack Sparrow. Teller of tales, handy with a bottle, you’re a veteran sea salt and truly a skilful sailor who can cleverly navigate his way through many a deadly situation. Often-soused but always reliable, you have an encyclopedic knowledge in all manner of pirate lore of the seven seas and an epicurean taste for rum. Once a sailor in His Majesty's Royal Navy, then later an enthusiastic pirate, you are a man who knows his way across every ocean, and into every pub. As Jack Sparrow's most trusted comrade, you care as much about the Black Pearl as Jack himself does. You have served under Jack's nemesis and rival, Hector Barbossa, but were never truly loyal to him compared to your true loyalty to Jack. You have an endless capacity to forgive, a necessity when you sail with Jack Sparrow, but you live a pirate's life and follow the Pirate's Code.

Night Ability

You are a 2 shot vigilante. Please PM us each Night to confirm the use of your ability. 

Passive Ability

If found you will be recruited to the naughty side…you will retain the use of any unused shot(s).

4. Deadpool - Lord Cutler Beckett – Serial Killer (Nexus)

You are Lord Cutler Beckett, the Governor of the East India Trading Company. Born and raised in a prosperous merchant family in England, you joined the East India Company after a fight with your father. From your post in Calabar, you organized a search for the mythical island of Kerma, hoping to find its legendary treasure. However, the quest for Kerma didn't succeed because you were betrayed by Captain Jack Sparrow. Not only did Sparrow not bring you the bearings of Kerma, but he also liberated a cargo of slaves which your patron, Lord Penwallow, needed for his plantation in the Bahamas. As a duly appointed representative of King George II, you lead the Company's expansion in the Caribbean, taking control over Port Royal with the blessing of the Crown, turning it into your base of operations. Mean-spirited and arrogant, you’re rarely seen without your ruthless enforcer, Ian Mercer. With the huge EITC fleet and an army of mercenaries under your command, you’ve made it your goal to forever annihilate piracy from the world.

Night Ability

You may select 1 player to kill each Night. There is a recruitable player, should you target them to be killed, instead they will survive and join you in your nefarious plans.

Passive Ability

Every odd number Night any ability targeting you will be randomly redirected to another player

14. helenamonster - Anamaria – Sidekick - Hero

You are Anamaria, a tough female smuggler and pirate who operates in the Caribbean. Captain Jack Sparrow once referred to you as the "delicate flower of the Caribbean." The Jolly Mon was your boat until it was "borrowed" by Jack Sparrow, who eventually sailed it to the town of Port Royal, where it sank to the bottom of the harbor.

Night Ability

You may choose a player each night to redirect any night action (except kills) that is directed at them to yourself.  This could be good such as protection or bad such as vote theft.

16. SVNBob – Captain Jack Sparrow – 2 Kill & Governor - Hero

You are Jack Sparrow, a legendary pirate of the Seven Seas, and the irreverent trickster of the Caribbean. A captain of equally dubious morality and sobriety, a master of self-promotion and self-interest, you fight a constant and losing battle with your own best tendencies. Your first love is the sea, second, is your beloved ship the Black Pearl. Over the course of time, you’ve become a center of intrigue as myths and legends have been told of your exploits. Most of these tales, however, are exaggerations, or even fabrications, embellished by you to bolster your reputation. Your ultimate ambition is to have the freedom to sail the seas as a legendary pirate for eternity.

Passive Ability

You are a 2 kill, which means that any first attempt on your life will not succeed, however, should you be protected by other means both of your lives will remain intact.

Day Ability

As Governor you have the ability to stop a DL in progress on 2 separate occasions. You must PM the Game Mods in here during Day and before the DL is completed.

Twilight Ability

Twilight Ability

Night Ability

Night Ability

Mason Ability

Passive Ability

Night Ability

Twilight Ability

Night Ability

Twilight Ability

Twilight Ability

Night Ability

Passive Ability

Twilight Ability

Twilight Ability

8. Snookums – Lieutenant Gillette – Mason - Hero

You are Gillette, a devoted officer in the British Royal Navy, holding the rank of lieutenant. You are first officer to Commodore James Norrington as well as his right hand man as you both command the forces stationed at Port Royal.

Mason Ability

You form a mason pair with character Commodore James Norrington, who is Raven.  This means you are permitted to chat outside the game thread between yourselves in a PM we will set up for you.

11. TexasGal TexasGal - Moises – Bodyguard - Hero

You are Moises, a pirate operating in and around Tortuga.

Twilight Ability

Each Twilight, you may choose 1 player to protect that Night; you may not protect the same player consecutively. If your chosen player is attacked in most cases they will survive, however, you will die protecting them but also killing their attacker in the process.  Please note once Twilight has been announced you have 12 hrs to submit your actions.

• LOL 1