Type keyword(s) to search

Pirates of the Caribbean Mafia

• Start Topic

There are two animals in the story; the monkey and the parrot.  Does the monkey stand in for a villain, and the parrot represent a hero trying to save the good guy?  Or is the parrot a stand-in for Sparrow?

(In case you're wondering, I still have no idea what's going on but I wanted to post before Twilight. )

Just now, statsgirl said:

There are two animals in the story; the monkey and the parrot.  Does the monkey stand in for a villain, and the parrot represent a hero trying to save the good guy?  Or is the parrot a stand-in for Sparrow?

(In case you're wondering, I still have no idea what's going on but I wanted to post before Twilight. )

After the story, there are bios for the deceased players.. Spruce's POTC character was Cotton's parrot (a Hero) and Machia was Jack the monkey (a Villain.) 

• Useful 1

I just read through the bios again and hell, Jack the Monkey should have been me! (I picked an athletic monkey as my "want to be" animal.) Clearly it wasn't, so how the hell did Machia get the finger pointed at her/him? 

10 hours ago, Drogo said:

If she's the character she's hinting at, she'd be a lot closer to Spruce than Bob. 

Precisely.  And that should be a big enough hint that everyone can figure it out.

9 hours ago, Deadpool said:

I don't post much in the day but I am much more alert of a night.

That's... an unexpected comment.   But I get the gist of it, even if I was looking another way before.  I might need to re-check something....

14 hours ago, Drogo said:

just try to dissuade others from joining the DL on you.  If you're a hero, good ways to do that are finding compelling clues in the stories, hinting at who you are, and/or hinting what you can do to help them/why they should keep you around.  

And you haven't done a very good job of any of this, terry.  All you've done is try to distract and run out the clock.  That is a valid defense; weak, but valid.  It's also a pretty good sign that we are on the right course after all.

Day is but a distant memory, a mere pimple on the bottom of Night. Twilight has shown up and told Day to pack its bags and bugger off. You have 12 hours to submit Twilight actions. Game discussion can continue until the Night story wakes up, stretches and says "Oh shit is it that time already" ... aka is posted.

**Reminder - if you didn’t post during Day any unique ability you may have is voided for this Twilight/Night phase.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Snookums said:

I just read through the bios again and hell, Jack the Monkey should have been me! (I picked an athletic monkey as my "want to be" animal.) Clearly it wasn't, so how the hell did Machia get the finger pointed at her/him? 

Character assignments aren't based on profiles- only clues to Villains are.  And no fingers/clues were pointed at Mach, he was taken out during the Night by First Mate Gibbs, who probably noticed something strange in his posts or is a Jack of All Trades (various powers like NK, investigation, protection that can only be used a certain number of times) and knew Mach was bad.  

2 hours ago, SVNBob said:

I get the gist of it, even if I was looking another way before.

Checks out..  If you were looking my way I could see why, but I'm not as alert this game as I've been in priors- or I wouldn't have said this.  (I've also done some hinting throughout, most forwardly in my reply to you here.)  

I still have a few tricks up my sleeve but the more impressive bills have already been spent so I'm a little worried about my future.  And since I still firmly believe that one of the active players is dunzo toNight, I leave you with a spot of tea, spilt: 

There are 2 clues in this story.

he backflipped over and over then jumped off onto the chest in a somersault

Deaja's profile: 

My favorite sport is Gymnastics 

Deaja's been really active all game but disappeared after A1 and I co-signed on sideyeing her yesterday. 

**Protector - please cover either myself, Bob, or A1 tonight.  Sorry Snookums I know you're a hero but you're more expendable as a known mason, I wouldn't recommend protecting Deadpool, and the inactive players can walk the plank.  

On 9/5/2019 at 5:31 PM, Drogo said:

In my experience, that would mean only one is an actual clue... if either.  The runners typically won't clue to the same Villain twice in a row (unless there's only one left.)

4 hours ago, Drogo said:

Character assignments aren't based on profiles- only clues to Villains are.  And no fingers/clues were pointed at Mach, he was taken out during the Night by First Mate Gibbs, who probably noticed something strange in his posts or is a Jack of All Trades (various powers like NK, investigation, protection that can only be used a certain number of times) and knew Mach was bad.  

Checks out..  If you were looking my way I could see why, but I'm not as alert this game as I've been in priors- or I wouldn't have said this.  (I've also done some hinting throughout, most forwardly in my reply to you here.)  

I still have a few tricks up my sleeve but the more impressive bills have already been spent so I'm a little worried about my future.  And since I still firmly believe that one of the active players is dunzo toNight, I leave you with a spot of tea, spilt: 

Deaja's profile: 

4 hours ago, Drogo said:

There are 2 clues in this story.

4 hours ago, Drogo said:

he backflipped over and over then jumped off onto the chest in a somersault

Deaja's been really active all game but disappeared after A1 and I co-signed on sideyeing her yesterday. 

**Protector - please cover either myself, Bob, or A1 tonight.  Sorry Snookums I know you're a hero but you're more expendable as a known mason, I wouldn't recommend protecting Deadpool, and the inactive players can walk the plank.  

Can you make up your mind?  Do the runners have multiple clues pointing to one person or not? Or does it just depend what argument you're trying to make at the time? Maybe trying to keep people from noticing that you strongly hinted at the SVNBob DL until I jumped on it and then started the Festivus DL?

4 hours ago, Drogo said:

And since I still firmly believe that one of the active players is dunzo toNight, I leave you with a spot of tea, spilt: 

Deaja's profile: 

To be fair, that was pointed out earlier.

On 9/17/2019 at 10:41 AM, TexasGal said:

Also, Jack the monkey doing "acrobatics" jumped out to me as potentially strange wording.  deaja's favorite sport is gymnastics. 

And then for her to pop up after the voting deadline with a very defensive post.  Very suspect activity indeed.

4 hours ago, Drogo said:

**Protector - please cover either myself, Bob, or A1 tonight.

I'll be fine.  The only reason the Villains would attack me tonight is if terry isn't one of them.

They usually won't point to the same villain in back to back stories, but that doesn't mean that over the course of a game, or within one story, there won't be multiple clues pointing to the same villain.  All that said, note the words "usually" and "typically".  Nothing is set in stone here.

4 hours ago, Drogo said:

Part of this sort of thing is because many people have days of the week that vary due to requirements of work or family.  Deaja may have had a bunch of meetings that day or was dealing with a plumber etc.  Sometimes life interferes with a person's ability to get on line or research clues.

2 hours ago, deaja said:

The runners typically won't clue to the same Villain twice in a row (unless there's only one left.)

Can you make up your mind?  Do the runners have multiple clues pointing to one person or not?

Sorry, I should have bolded and underlined when I wrote that.  Two weeks ago.  When there were three other villains left and it made sense.   

1 hour ago, terrymct said:

Deaja may have had a bunch of meetings that day or was dealing with a plumber etc. 

Of course, we all have certain days we can't be around much if at all.  There's no pause button and no PTO, so the game continues and we play as if everyone had been around and just chose to (or chose not to) post.  Luckily we're not actually taking people out back and shooting them regardless of the DL or NK outcomes.  

We'll all "die" here and then we'll all come back and play again in a different movie/TV show universe.  I've been kissed by a Dementor, burned by Zeus' lightning bolt, stabbed in the gut in an S&M parlor... hell, I was lit up by Drogon in the alleys of Kings Landing four years before that scene was a glimmer in D&D's eyes. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9855575

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I've been kissed by a Dementor, burned by Zeus' lightning bolt, stabbed in the gut in an S&M parlor... hell, I was lit up by Drogon in the alleys of Kings Landing four years before that scene was a glimmer in D&D's eyes. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9855575

Oh sweetie, we HAVE to party together sometime 

• LOL 2
3 hours ago, Drogo said:

We'll all "die" here and then we'll all come back and play again in a different movie/TV show universe.  I've been kissed by a Dementor, burned by Zeus' lightning bolt, stabbed in the gut in an S&M parlor... hell, I was lit up by Drogon in the alleys of Kings Landing four years before that scene was a glimmer in D&D's eyes. 

I started to say you’ve lived a charmed life, but then I realized these occurrences are kind of the opposite of that. 

Remember the time you killed me with a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire? Awww. Memories. 

Night 4

Worse Things Happen At Sea

In the Captains cabin of the Black Pearl

Barbossa and Jack discussed the plan, “So you expect to leave me standing on some beach with naught but a name and your word it’s the one I need and watch you sail away in my ship?” Barbossa said in astonishment.

“No. I expect to leave you standing on some beach with absolutely no name at all, watching me sail away on my ship and then I’ll shout the name back to you. Savvy?” Jack gloated.

tumblr_pihcx1Ffve1qauc46o3_400.gif?w=605

“But that still leaves us with the problem of me standing on some beach with naught but a name and your word it’s the one I need.” Barbossa fired back.

“Of the two of us, I am the only one who hasn't committed mutiny, therefore…my word is the one we'll be trusting. Although…I suppose I should be thanking you because, in fact, if you hadn’t betrayed me and left me to die, I would have an equal share in that curse, same as you.” Jack bit into an apple. “Funny ol' world, innit?”

source.gif

The bo’sun entered the cabin, “Captain, we’re coming up on the Interceptor.”

Jack ran out after Barbossa and stood in front of him at the bow, blocking his view of the Interceptor. “I’m having a thought here, Barbossa. What say we run up a flag of truce? I scurry over to the Interceptor, and negotiate the return of your medallion, eh? What say you to that?”

“Now you see, Jack, that’s exactly the attitude that lost you the Pearl. People are easy to search when they’re dead.” He turned to the bo’sun,  “Lock him in the brig.”

On the Interceptor

Gibbs yelled, “Hands aloft to loose t'gallants! With this wind at her stern, she'll carry every sail we've got.”

The Governor noticed the crew running around and asked the nearest one, “What’s happening?”

Anamaria answered, “The Black Pearl, she’s gaining on us.”

tumblr_mt90xq4mov1r22d6wo3_500.gif

“But this is the fastest ship in the Caribbean.” the Governor said in dismay.

“You can tell them that after they’ve caught us.” Anamaria replied.

Gibbs interjected, “We don’t have to outrun them long, just long enough.”

Anamaria barked at the crew, “Lighten the ship, stem to stern!”

Gibbs joined the chorus, “Anything that we can afford to lose…see that it’s lost.”

Back on the Black Pearl

Barbossa ordered, “Haul on the main brace! Make ready the guns! And run out the sweeps.” the gun ports were opened and the Jolly Roger hoisted up.

On the Interceptor

Will looked out at the Black Pearl and saw the oars.

He stopped a cannon from being thrown overboard, “We’re gonna need that.”

“Gibbs! We have to make a stand. We must fight! Load the guns!” Will shouted.

Anamaria asked, “With what?”

“Anything. Everything! Anything we have left.” Will answered hastily.

Gibbs agreed, “Load the guns! Take shot and langrage. Nails and crushed glass!” he yelled. Cutlery and other assorted items were stuffed into the cannons including Gibbs’ canteen. “The Pearl is going to luff up on our port quarter. She’ll rake us without ever presenting a target.”

mr-gibbs-dead-mans-chest-rum.gif

Will commanded, “Lower the anchor on the right side. On the starboard side!”

Anamaria looked at him askance, “You’re daft!”

tumblr_png372CDwb1x0zs2ro10_250.gif

Gibbs smirked, “Daft like Jack! Lower the starboard anchor! Do it, ye dogs, or it’s you we’ll load into the cannons!”

With the anchor dropped Will ordered Anamaria to let go of the ships wheel and the ship swung about.

Aboard the Pearl

Barbossa saw the manoeuvre, “They're clubhaulin'! Hard to port! Rack the starboard oars.” he yelled.

The bo’sun followed orders, “Hard to port!” and the two ships came up side by side.

Will cautioned then ordered, “Keep us steady now. Now!”

Barbossa yelled, “Fire!”

Will, held his arm up then brought it down fast, “Fire all!”

The ships exchanged cannon fire.

latest?cb=20140301053307

A hole was blown in the hull of the Pearl in front of his eyes, “Stop blowing holes in my ship!” Jack screamed, then noticed that the shot from the cannon had destroyed the lock on his cell door.

giphy.gif

Gibbs turned to Will, “We could use a few more ideas. We need us a devil’s dowry.”

Will answered, “The medallion.” then rushed below to fetch it from his cabin.

“Raise yer colors ya bloomin’ cockroaches! Hands, grapnels, at the ready. Prepare to board!” Barbossa boomed.

They fired a shot that severed the mast and it fell over; grapple hooks were thrown as pirates boarded the Interceptor.

“Blast all to carcasses, men! Forward clear to the powder magazine. And the rest of you, bring me the medallion!”

The cursed pirates began to board the Interceptor. The fallen mast had trapped Will below.

Jack emerged from the hold and took a rope from a pirate, “Thanks very much.” he said as he swung over onto the Interceptor.

“Jack!” a relieved Gibbs greeted him with a smile as he landed.

Jack handed him his canteen back, “Bloody empty. Where’s the medallion? Where’s dear William?”

Gibbs spotted Will under a grate, “The medallion, did you find it?!”

Will held up the medallion through the grate.

Governor Swann was hauled up by Barbossa, “Hand it over or the fine gentleman will be walking the plank”

Gibbs took the medallion and looked at Jack.

Jack sighed, “Give it over”.

Gibbs threw it across.

“Thank ye kindly” Barbossa grinned.

“You’re welcome.” Jack answered sarcastically.

giphy.gif

Barbossa announced to his crew, “Gents, our hope is restored!”

1543917adedf102c220492214238.gif

The cursed pirates ignited powder that led to a collection of powder kegs as Will struggled to escape the cabin that was filling with water. The Interceptor exploded as the Pearl reached a safe distance.

“Welcome back, Governor.” Barbossa menaced.

“Barbossa!” a voice called.

Will leapt onto the deck, “He goes free.” he had a pistol pointed at Barbossa.

pirates-of-the-caribbean-curse-of-the-bl

“You’ve only got one shot, and we can’t die.” Barbossa replied nonplussed.

Jack called to Will, “Don’t do anything stupid.”

Will quickly revised his plan, “You can’t. I can.” and pointed the gun at himself.

Jack sighed, “Like that.”

Barbossa was irritated, “Who are you?”

Jack quickly chimed in, “No one. He’s no one. A distant cousin of my aunt’s nephew twice removed. Lovely singing voice, though – eunuch.”

tumblr_pi0fpidyt71qauc46o6_400.gif?w=605

Will, undeterred, answered, “My name is Will Turner. My father was Bootstrap Bill Turner. His blood runs in my veins. On my word do as I say, or I’ll pull this trigger and be lost to Davy Jones’ Locker.”

giphy.gif

“Name your terms, Mr. Turner.” Barbossa told him seriously.

“The Governor goes free.”

“Yes, we know that one. Anything else?”

Will saw Jack point at himself, “And the crew – the crew are not to be harmed.”

“Agreed.”

Shortly after the Governor was pushed forward, “Go on, go! Walk the plank!”

“Barbossa, you lying bastard! You swore he’d go free!” Will yelled.

“Don’t dare impune me honour, boy. I agreed he’d go free, but it was you who failed to specify when or where.” Barbossa responded and signalled for Will to be gagged.

The Governor was prodded and finally pushed into the water below.

Jack was dragged up to the plank next, “I’d really rather hoped we were past all this.”

“Jack…. Jack . Did ya not notice? That be the same little island that we made you Governor of on our last little trip.” Barbossa smirked and pointed out the distant island.

tumblr_pc3oomLJ1x1rawb5do3_250.jpg

“I did notice.”

“Perhaps you’ll be able to conjure up another miraculous escape…but I doubt it.” He unsheathed his sword and brandished it at Jack’s throat, “Off you go.”

“Last time, you left me a pistol with one shot.” Jack reminded him.

“By the powers, you’re right. Where be Jack’s pistol? Bring it forward.”

Jack looked at the Governor who was doggy paddling, “Seeing as there’s two of us, a gentleman…would give us a pair of pistols.”

“It’ll be one pistol as before, and you can do the honourable thing and shoot the fine gentleman then starve to death yourself.” Barbossa told him as he threw the pistol into the sea.

Jack jumped in after it.

giphy.gif

On the Island

Jack looked back at the Pearl as he waded out of the water onto the beach and shook off the ropes that had bound his wrists, “That’s the second time I’ve had to watch that man sail away with my ship.”

==============================================

You have 24 hrs to submit your Night actions, please be sure not to miss this deadline.

**Reminder - if you didn’t post during Day any unique ability you may have is voided for this Twilight/Night phase.

There are 0 clues in this story.

Living players: Still sailing the seven seas

2. Drogo

4. Deadpool

5. aquarian1

7. statsgirl

8. Snookums

9. terrymct

11. TexasGal

14. helenamonster

15. deaja

16. SVNBob

Dead players: Gone down to Davy Jones’ locker

17. Lisin - Crimp - Lookout - Hero

You are Crimp, a pirate operating in and around Tortuga.

Twilight Ability

Each Twilight you may choose a player to watch over and will learn if anyone visits them for any reason.

12. peachmangosteen - Pintel - Protector - Villain

You are Pintel, a pirate, most notably aboard the Black Pearl, led by Hector Barbossa and Jack Sparrow. You are rarely seen without your partner in crime and nephew, Ragetti. After your brother was lost at sea, Ragetti came to live with you. One day, while drunk, you were both press-ganged into service by the British Royal Navy, but did not take well to this life. After a year of beatings, bad food and boredom, you both jumped ship and set yourselves up as pirates in the Caribbean. Soon after joining Jack Sparrow's crew aboard the Black Pearl, you and many others joined Barbossa in a mutiny against Jack.

Twilight Ability

Each Twilight you may choose one person from your team (yourself included) to protect from being Night killed. You may not choose the same player consecutively.  Please note once Twilight has been announced you have 12 hrs to submit your actions.

1. MarkHB - MarkHB - Ragetti – Investigator - Villain

You are Ragetti, a pirate, most notably aboard the Black Pearl, led by Hector Barbossa and Jack Sparrow. You are rarely seen without your partner in crime and uncle, Pintel. After your father was lost at sea, you went to live with your uncle. One day, while drunk, you were both press-ganged into service by the British Royal Navy, but did not take well to this life. After a year of beatings, bad food and boredom, you both jumped ship and set yourselves up as pirates in the Caribbean. Soon after joining Jack Sparrow's crew aboard the Black Pearl, you and many others joined Barbossa in a mutiny against Jack.

Night Ability

As an investigator you may PM the game mods each Night to learn the identity of your chosen player. You will receive one of the following responses: Character identity or No Result.

10. JTMacc99 – Elizabeth Swann – Detective - Hero

You are Elizabeth Swann, the daughter of Governor Weatherby Swann. Born in London, England, you’ve led a fairly sheltered life of privilege throughout your childhood. With an adventurous spirit and the need to break social boundaries, you have long been fascinated with the freewheeling world of buccaneers to a point of learning a song about pirates as a child. After the death of your mother, your father raised his you on his own. Much to your father's dismay, pirates always fascinated you as a girl, particularly on the HMS Dauntless' voyage from England to the British colony at Port Royal on the vibrant and prosperous island of Jamaica. When the Dauntless crew rescued young Will Turner, a mysterious shipwreck survivor from a pirate attack, you recognized the "pirate medallion" he wore and stole it while he was still unconscious.

Night Ability

As an investigator you may PM the game mods each Night to learn the role of your chosen player. You will receive one of the following responses: Character identity or No Result.

13. raven – Commodore James Norrington – Mason - Hero

You are Commodore James Norrington, an officer of the British Royal Navy and the East India Trading Company. Bewigged and resplendent in your uniform and owe your allegiance to King George II. You take pride in service to others before yourself, and having a strong dedication to the law, you are the scourge of piracy in the Caribbean.

Mason Ability

You form a mason pair with Snookums. This means you are permitted to chat outside the game thread between yourselves in a PM.

18. festivus - Duncan - Universal Backup Investigator - Hero

You are Duncan, a pirate operating in and around Tortuga.

Passive Ability

You start the game as a vanilla Townie with no actions. However, whenever the first power role dies (i.e. Doctor, Detective, Vigilante, etc.), the Universal back-up inherits that power role and can use it themselves from then on.  You will be PM’d with details when\if this happens.

Night Ability

As an investigator you may PM the game mods each Night to learn the role of your chosen player. You will receive one of the following responses: Character identity or No Result.

3. Machiabelly – Jack the Monkey – Weak Disguiser - Villain

You are Jack the Monkey, or simply Jack, the capuchin pet monkey owned by the black-hearted Captain Hector Barbossa. Mockingly named after Captain Jack Sparrow, you’re considered the meanest, most rotten-tempered simian in all the Caribbean.

Twilight Ability

Each Twilight you may choose a Character Identity (This can be from the game or someone else from the POTC Universe) you’d like to be detected as; the success of your disguise will depend on a coin flip.  You will not be aware of the outcome of the coin flip.

6. The Crazed Spruce TCS – Cotton’s Parrot – Prankster - Hero

You are a stunning blue and gold macaw owned by Cotton, a pirate who lives in Shipwreck Cove. Cotton lost his tongue to another pirate. Unable to speak, he subsequently trained you to use a large number of phrases to essentially talk for him. How the mute Cotton achieved such a feat is unknown.

Night Ability

Each Night you may choose 1 player from among those who have not contributed within the game thread at all during the previous Day or Twilight to usurp their vote for the following Day. If everybody posts, you may choose from anyone. Your second vote will be added automatically to any DL you join as an anonymous vote placed by the mods.

• Love 2

Day 5

Double Cross And Loss

Governor Swann followed Jack as he walked, “I heard tell that you were marooned on this island before, weren’t you? So can we not escape in the same way you did before?”

“To what point and purpose? The Black Pearl is gone and unless you have a rudder and a lot of sails hidden in your breeches, young Mr. Turner will be dead long before we can reach him.” Jack replied sarcastically.

Governor Swann followed as Jack knocked on a tree trunk then took four steps and jumped up and down a few times.

“But you’re Captain Jack Sparrow. You vanished from under the eyes of seven agents of the East India Company. You sacked Nassau Port without even firing a shot. Are you the pirate I’ve read about or not? How did you escape last time?”

“Last time…I was here a grand total of three days, all right? Last time - he opened a secret cellar door - …the rumrunners used this island as a cache. Came by, and I was able to barter a passage off. From the looks of things, they’ve long been out of business. Probably…have your bloody friend Norrington to thank for that.

He climbed out of the cellar with two bottles of rum in his hands.

“So that’s it then? That’s the secret grand adventure of the infamous Jack Sparrow? You spent three days lying on a beach, drinking rum?!” the Governor said aghast.

“Welcome to the Caribbean.” Jack replied and handed him a bottle.

Jack drank himself into oblivion and passed out. The next morning he awoke to the smell of smoke; the island was ablaze!

He ran over to the Governor, “No! Not good! Stop! Not good! What are you doing? You burned all the food, the shade! The rum!”

“Yes, the rum is gone.” the Governor smiled.

Jack was discombobulated, “Why is the rum gone?”

Rum-Gif-captain-jack-sparrow-33772704-50

“One, because it is a vile drink that turns even the most respectable men into complete scoundrels. Two, that signal is over a thousand feet high. The entire Royal Navy will be out looking for me, do you really think that there is even the slightest chance that they won’t see it?” Governor Swann explained.

“But why is the rum gone?”

tumblr_p420eolNQA1wo5727o1_400.gif?w=605

The Governor sat on a rock and looked out to sea, “Just wait, Captain Sparrow. You give it one hour, maybe two, keep a weather eye out and then you will see white sails on that horizon.”

Jack was livid, he took out the pistol, then thought better of it and put it back.

BlandTenseKakarikis-size_restricted.gif

He stalked off mocking the Governor from the previous night’s conversation, “Must’ve been terrible for you to be trapped here, Jack. Must’ve been terrible for you.” Well it bloody is now!” on the horizon he spotted the Dauntless, “There’ll be no living with him after this.” he sighed.

must-ve-been-terrible-for-you-o-be-trapp

Commodore Gillette spoke, “Mr. Sparrow, you will accompany these fine men to the helm and provide us with the bearing to Isla de Muerta. You will then spend the rest of the voyage contemplating all possible meanings of the phrase “silent as the grave.” Do I make myself clear?”

“Inescapably clear.”

In the brig of the Black Pearl two pirates, Weatherby and Twigg, were swabbing the floor.

Gibbs trolled them, “You missed a bit.”

Will asked Weatherby, “You knew William Turner?”

He replied, “Ol’ Bootstrap Bill. We knew him. Never sat well with Bootstrap what we did to Jack Sparrow, the mutiny and all. He said it wasn’t right with the Code. That’s why he sent off a piece of the treasure to you as it were. He said we deserved to be cursed… and remain cursed.”

Gibbs remarked, “Good man.”

Weatherby continued, “Well, as you can imagine that didn’t sit too well with the Captain. So he strapped a cannon to Bootstraps’ bootstraps. The last we saw of ol’ Bill Turner, he was sinking to the crushing black oblivion of Davy Jones’ Locker.”

Barbossa came down and threw the key to Will’s cell to Twigg, “Bring him!”

In a boat with the rest of the soldiers and Jack, Gillette remarked, “I don’t care for the situation. Any attempt to storm the caves could turn to an ambush.”

“Not if you’re the one doing the ambushing. I go in, I convince Barbossa to send his men out with their little boats. You and your mates return to the Dauntless and blast the bejesus outta them with your little cannons, eh?” Jack said happily as he put an arm on Gillette’s shoulder, “What do you have to lose?”

Gillette peeled off the arm, “Nothing I’d lament being rid of.”

“Now, to be quite honest with you, there’s still a slight risk for those aboard the Dauntless which includes the fine Governor.” Jack added.

In the cave on Isla de Muerta, on the way to the chest of Aztec gold, Weatherby assured Will, “No reason to fret. It’s just a prick of the finger, a few drops of blood.”

Twigg corrected him, “No mistakes this time. He’s only half-Turner. We spill it all!”

Weatherby chuckled, “Guess there is reason to fret.”

Jack appeared and pushed through the crowd of pirates, “Beg your pardon.”

Barbossa held Will over the chest, ready to slit his throat, “Begun by blood…”

“Excuse me.” Jack interrupted.

“Jack!” Will exclaimed in surprise.

“It's not possible.” Barbossa said, thunderstruck.

Jack corrected him, “Not probable.”

74b08032defba3c3fe3cc2ae63eddc69.jpg

“Where’s the Governor?” Will asked.

“He’s safe, just like I promised.”

“Shut up! You’re next.” Barbossa demanded and again leaned in to slit Will ’s throat.

tumblr_myl5idMRAh1r05bkco1_250.gif

“You don’t want to be doing that, mate.” Jack advised.

tumblr_myl5idMRAh1r05bkco2_250.gif

“No, I really think I do.” Barbossa countered.

Jack shrugged, “Your funeral.”

Barbossa rolled his eyes, “Why don’t I want to be doing it?”

tumblr_myl5idMRAh1r05bkco5_250.gif

“Well, …because the HMS Dauntless, pride of the Royal Navy, is floating just offshore. Waiting for you.”

Outside in the boats

Murtogg was unsure, “What are we doing here?”

“The pirates come out, unprepared and unawares, we catch ‘em in the crossfire, send them down to see Old Hob.” Mullroy clarified for him.

“I know why we’re here. I mean why aren’t we doing what it was – what Mr. Sparrow said we should do. With the cannons and all?”

Gillette spoke, “Because it was Mr. Sparrow who said it.”

“You think he wasn’t telling the truth?” Murtogg replied.

In the cave

Jack stepped closer to Barbossa, “Just hear me out, mate. You order your men to row out to the Dauntless. They do what they do best. Robert’s your Uncle, Fannie’s your Aunt, there you are with two ships. The makings of your very own fleet. ‘Course you’ll take the grandest as your flagship, and who’s to argue? But what of the Pearl? Name me Captain, I’ll sail under your colours, I’ll give you ten percent of me plunder and you get to introduce yourself as…Commodore Barbossa. Savvy?” he bargained.

“I s’pose in exchange, you want me not to kill the whelp.” Barbossa queried.

“No, no, not at all by all means, kill the whelp. Just not yet. Wait to lift the curse until the opportune moment."

tumblr_pfurm6O4bn1qauc46o2_540.gif?w=605

"For instance… - he picked up a few medallions - after you’ve killed the marines… - Jack threw one coin back with each word spoken - every… last… one.” and secretly pocketed one.

Will saw Jack slyly take the piece of the gold, “You’ve been planning this from the beginning. Ever since you learned my name!”

“Yeah.”

“I want fifty percent of your plunder.” Barbossa negotiated.

“Fifteen.” Jack countered.

“Forty.” Barbossa offered.

“Twenty-five. And I’ll buy you the hat. A really big one…Commodore.” Jack bargained.

“We have an accord.” Barbossa grinned and they shook hands.

Jack turned and ordered, “All hand’s to the boats!” then saw Barbossa look at him askance, “Apologies. You give the orders.”

“Gents…take a walk. “ he told his crew.

“Not to the boats?” Jack asked, confused.

The cursed pirates walked on the sea floor to the Dauntless, the moonlight revealed their true form, allowing them to escape the planned ambush.

tumblr_pvj2qf80Ki1udpdl5o8_400.gif

Outside in the boats

Gillette saw two women in a boat, “Hold fire.”

Twigg dressed in a dress and holding a parasol, “This is just like what the Greeks done at Troy. ‘Cept they was in a horse…instead of dresses. Wooden horse.”

They were distracting the soldiers as the pirates boarded the Dauntless.

Weatherby called out, “Cooo-ee!”

“Stop that! I already feel like a fool.” Twigg chastised him.

“You look nice, though.” Weatherby said.

Twigg growled, “I look nice?!” they began to fight and were revealed; the soldiers on board spotted the invading pirates and a fight broke out.

In the cave

Jack examined the treasure.

“I must admit, Jack, I thought I had ye figured. But it turns out that you’re a hard man to predict.” Barbossa confessed.

“Me? I'm dishonest.

source.gif

And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest.

tumblr_lscz7dAxZa1qjhjdwo6_r1_500.gif

Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for,

tumblr_lscz7dAxZa1qjhjdwo13_r2_500.gif

because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly… stupid.”

tumblr_oqtvnu0KY31u5empro2_500.jpg

Jack unsheathed a pirate’s sword and threw it to Will, then began fighting with Barbossa.

“You’re off the edge of the map, mate. Here there be monsters.” Barbossa threatened with a grin.

On the Black Pearl

Governor Swann had sent a marine to infiltrate the Pearl and set free Jack’s crew; he knew they needed all the help they could get against the accursed pirates. Gibbs, faithful to the last, instead once free he jumped into a boat and headed straight for the cave to help Jack, Cotton’s parrot flew ahead to signal the alarm. From aboard the Dauntless, Beckett’s man, Mercer, watched their flight; he took aim and fired, the blue and gold macaw fell from the sky. Beckett didn’t want the curse broken, Mercer realised there was only one way to prevent that from happening. He climbed into a boat and followed in Gibbs’ wake.

300?cb=20120301154609

In the cave

“You can’t beat me, Jack.” Barbossa told him.

tumblr_p5wz8gjyh41w27i8fo1_400.gif

Jack impaled him, Barbossa sighed and pulled out the sword, then returned the favour and impaled Jack.

Jack staggered into the moonlight to reveal he too, was a living skeleton.

sparrowstabbed.jpg

He held up his hand and revealed a stolen coin from the chest, “That’s interesting. I couldn’t resist, mate. Sorry.”

tumblr_owyo68gynp1uqyagpo3_1280.gif?w=60

“So what now, Jack Sparrow? Are we to be it two immortals locked in an epic battle until Judgment Day and trumpets sound?  Hmm?”

“Or you could surrender.” Jack suggested.

ae0f6cf337667c9d1ab3df054a001844.jpg

“Arr.” laughed Barbossa and struck at Jack again.

Will was busy fighting another pirate, “I’m gonna teach you the meaning of pain.” the pirate growled.

He raised his sword to strike as a loud bang reverberated through the cave. Will collapsed over the treasure, his hand clutched to his chest. He pulled his hand away again and looked at it; it was covered in blood.

Mercer, his grim task completed, faded back into the shadows to return to the Dauntless.

Gibbs watched Will’s silent fall with dismay and hurried over to him, cutting down the pirate Will had been fighting on the way, “Hold on lad” he compassionately urged the fatally wounded Will.

Will retrieved the medallion and dropped it from his bloodied hand to join the rest of its brethren.

Jack ran from Barbossa and over to Will, “Where is it, the coin?!” he asked breathlessly.

Will indicated the pirate chest, Jack was about to reach in when Barbossa came up behind him.

He grabbed Gibbs, “Step away from the chest, Jack” he said holding his blade at the First Mate’s throat.

Jack slowly stood and turned to face his nemesis.

“Now don’t be doing anything hasty, mate” he cautioned.

“Give me the coin” Barbossa demanded.

“Which one?” Jack asked.

“The one ye took”

Jack threw a handful of coins at Barbossa’s face, “Oh these coins?”

Gibbs elbowed Barbossa in the ribs and broke free. He and Jack faced the cursed pirate captain together.

==============================================

There are 2 clues in this story. You have 36 hrs until Day ends and Twilight begins unless a DL is completed beforehand.

5 votes are required to complete a DL.

2. Drogo

4. Deadpool

5. aquarian1

8. Snookums

9. terrymct

11. TexasGal

14. helenamonster

15. deaja

16. SVNBob

Twilight Ability

Each Twilight you may choose a player to watch over and will learn if anyone visits them for any reason.

You are Pintel, a pirate, most notably aboard the Black Pearl, led by Hector Barbossa and Jack Sparrow. You are rarely seen without your partner in crime and nephew, Ragetti. After your brother was lost at sea, Ragetti came to live with you. One day, while drunk, you were both press-ganged into service by the British Royal Navy, but did not take well to this life. After a year of beatings, bad food and boredom, you both jumped ship and set yourselves up as pirates in the Caribbean. Soon after joining Jack Sparrow's crew aboard the Black Pearl, you and many others joined Barbossa in a mutiny against Jack.

Twilight Ability

Each Twilight you may choose one person from your team (yourself included) to protect from being Night killed. You may not choose the same player consecutively.  Please note once Twilight has been announced you have 12 hrs to submit your actions.

You are Ragetti, a pirate, most notably aboard the Black Pearl, led by Hector Barbossa and Jack Sparrow. You are rarely seen without your partner in crime and uncle, Pintel. After your father was lost at sea, you went to live with your uncle. One day, while drunk, you were both press-ganged into service by the British Royal Navy, but did not take well to this life. After a year of beatings, bad food and boredom, you both jumped ship and set yourselves up as pirates in the Caribbean. Soon after joining Jack Sparrow's crew aboard the Black Pearl, you and many others joined Barbossa in a mutiny against Jack.

Night Ability

As an investigator you may PM the game mods each Night to learn the identity of your chosen player. You will receive one of the following responses: Character identity or No Result.

You are Elizabeth Swann, the daughter of Governor Weatherby Swann. Born in London, England, you’ve led a fairly sheltered life of privilege throughout your childhood. With an adventurous spirit and the need to break social boundaries, you have long been fascinated with the freewheeling world of buccaneers to a point of learning a song about pirates as a child. After the death of your mother, your father raised his you on his own. Much to your father's dismay, pirates always fascinated you as a girl, particularly on the HMS Dauntless' voyage from England to the British colony at Port Royal on the vibrant and prosperous island of Jamaica. When the Dauntless crew rescued young Will Turner, a mysterious shipwreck survivor from a pirate attack, you recognized the "pirate medallion" he wore and stole it while he was still unconscious.

Night Ability

You are Commodore James Norrington, an officer of the British Royal Navy and the East India Trading Company. Bewigged and resplendent in your uniform and owe your allegiance to King George II. You take pride in service to others before yourself, and having a strong dedication to the law, you are the scourge of piracy in the Caribbean.

Mason Ability

You form a mason pair with Snookums. This means you are permitted to chat outside the game thread between yourselves in a PM.

Passive Ability

You start the game as a vanilla Townie with no actions. However, whenever the first power role dies (i.e. Doctor, Detective, Vigilante, etc.), the Universal back-up inherits that power role and can use it themselves from then on.  You will be PM’d with details when\if this happens.

Night Ability

You are Jack the Monkey, or simply Jack, the capuchin pet monkey owned by the black-hearted Captain Hector Barbossa. Mockingly named after Captain Jack Sparrow, you’re considered the meanest, most rotten-tempered simian in all the Caribbean.

Twilight Ability

Each Twilight you may choose a Character Identity (This can be from the game or someone else from the POTC Universe) you’d like to be detected as; the success of your disguise will depend on a coin flip.  You will not be aware of the outcome of the coin flip.

You are a stunning blue and gold macaw owned by Cotton, a pirate who lives in Shipwreck Cove. Cotton lost his tongue to another pirate. Unable to speak, he subsequently trained you to use a large number of phrases to essentially talk for him. How the mute Cotton achieved such a feat is unknown.

Night Ability

Each Night you may choose 1 player from among those who have not contributed within the game thread at all during the previous Day or Twilight to usurp their vote for the following Day. If everybody posts, you may choose from anyone. Your second vote will be added automatically to any DL you join as an anonymous vote placed by the mods.

7. statsgirl – Will Turner – Doctor

You are Will Turner, born William Turner Jr. You are an accomplished blacksmith by trade, an excellent swordsman by pursuit and a budding pirate by fate.  A simple craftsman, your life revolves around your work, and your distant longing for a woman you know could never be your wife; Elizabeth Swann.

Twilight Ability

You may choose 1 player each Twilight to heal from attack, you may not choose the same player on two consecutive occasions and you may choose yourself only once.  Please note once Twilight has been announced you have 12 hrs to submit your actions

37 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

Gibbs elbowed Barbossa in the ribs and broke free. He and Jack faced the cursed pirate captain together.

I do believe that this be our cue @Drogo.   Whom shall we dispatch?

37 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

“This is just like what the Greeks done at Troy. ‘Cept they was in a horse…instead of dresses. Wooden horse.”

Helenamonster perhaps, or do we go for deaja?

Edited by SVNBob
To speak a bit more piratey.
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, SVNBob said:
49 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

Wooden horse.”

Helenamonster perhaps, or do we go for deaja?

Ay that's a sweet clue, but I think it might be a line in the film?  I know the dressing up as women to row out undetected is canon (except in the film it was Pintel & Ragetti, 2 Villains who are dead already.)  That said, it might also be a line in the film specifically included because it's a clue.  

Well, we know we have 2 bads left (Mercer and Barbossa), may be better to go for the pretty much known quantity/Deaja first then guess away from there when there's only one non-H vote in the mix and we have a little margin for error. 

The good news coming into today is 1) I'm alive and 2) there are still at least 4 active players I think would complete a DL with me which is enough to do the things.  [Strange appreciation for the Vs not taking out an active player last Night.  I'll buy a round when we get to the bar, since you may have punched your own ticket with that move but still... RESPEK.]

10 hours ago, Drogo said:

Ay that's a sweet clue, but I think it might be a line in the film?  I know the dressing up as women to row out undetected is canon (except in the film it was Pintel & Ragetti, 2 Villains who are dead already.)  That said, it might also be a line in the film specifically included because it's a clue.  

Well, we know we have 2 bads left (Mercer and Barbossa), may be better to go for the pretty much known quantity/Deaja first then guess away from there when there's only one non-H vote in the mix and we have a little margin for error.

I do recall the original scene with Ragetti and Pintel.  Ditto the other scene earlier in the story with Weatherby and Twigg.  Those latter two are obvious and necessary mod-created stand-ins for the deceased characters.  However, I'm unsure about the line, hence the potential for it to be a clue.

9 hours ago, terrymct said:

It seems like there isn’t the second group of villains then?   

Probably not.  We'll find out for sure soon enough.

1 hour ago, Drogo said:

Literally those were the 4 votes I anticipated.  AND..

We ended Day without most of our questionable players posting... which could mean...  no NK tonight.

Yeah, I also figured we'd be the 5 to do this.

And depending on what happens toNight, we'll know exactly what to do on the next Day.

• Love 1

That's a wrap on Day!

Welcome to the next dimension:

giphy.gif

You have 12 hours to submit Twilight actions. You may continue any game discussion until the Night story is posted.

A question.   Are there villainous abilities that a person could have that don’t require them to be active in the discussions?  A sniper or whatever the pirate term for that might be?   I see some names in the alive list that I don’t think I’ve seen a post from.  Could a strategy be to nurse a beer in the corner while the active people knock each other off, maybe taking the occasion mysterious potshot?

1 hour ago, terrymct said:

A question.   Are there villainous abilities that a person could have that don’t require them to be active in the discussions?  A sniper or whatever the pirate term for that might be?   I see some names in the alive list that I don’t think I’ve seen a post from.  Could a strategy be to nurse a beer in the corner while the active people knock each other off, maybe taking the occasion mysterious potshot?

No Day post=no Twilight/Night action, period. Game runners aren't going to add a role whose primary purpose is to lay about on the deck doing jack. 

And for the sake of transparency, terry... if there's a kill tonight, you're the only one who posted toDay that isn't #squadgoals soooo I'll be starting a DL on you tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Drogo said:

And for the sake of transparency, terry... if there's a kill tonight, you're the only one who posted toDay that isn't #squadgoals soooo I'll be starting a DL on you tomorrow. 

I was trying to think about the clues rather than just jumping on the dog pile like I have in previous votes.  Looks like I waited too long. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, terrymct said:

I was trying to think about the clues rather than just jumping on the dog pile like I have in previous votes.  Looks like I waited too long. 

TBH, it's not that I don't trust you.  It's that out of all the people who posted today, I trust you the least... and only the people who posted today could potentially kill someone toNight.  

So if no one dies toNight, I trust you.  Unless you're bad and you just don't kill anyone toNight in order to look more trustworthy...  

...I need to lay down.  With a bottle of rum.

6 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

You have 12 hours to submit Twilight actions.

Appealing to any Hero protectors that might be out there... I feel like my friend Bob might be in trouble tonight for coming in toDay pistols blazin'... please watch over him if you can.

Spoiler

In original stories, finding apt gifs/images be hard, yo - please ignore day/night in these if it doesn't match the story - thanking ye kindly.

Night 5

A Kraken Good Time

Barbossa knew he couldn’t be killed while the curse was still upon him. However, he also knew he could be captured and didn’t relish that prospect.

Captain-Barbossa-barbossa-22294893-344-2

He turned and ran. He reached Gibbs’ rowboat with Jack and Gibbs in hot pursuit.

Queen_Annes_Revenge_trailer_2.jpg

“Thwarted again ye be, Jack!” he guffawed as he rowed further out headed for the Pearl.

MUGm.gif

“That may be the case right now but the Pearl will be back under my command soon enough, and that, my dear captain, is a promise, savvy?!” Jack replied.

giphy.gif

Gibbs resigned himself, “Seems we be in for a long swim” he muttered.

350?cb=20120810050108

Silently, Jack flipped the coin while he stared at the boat as the distance between it and the shore grew.

f04563d7df077a28f69eb5758e8706bd.jpg

Barbossa reached the Pearl and sounded the ship’s bell to call all hands back aboard. The fighting on board the Dauntless petered out as the cursed crew abandoned the ship and headed for the Pearl.

“Avast, ye scurvy dogs! Full sails and oars!” Barbossa commanded, wanting to put as much distance between them and the Dauntless as quickly as possible.

Aboard the Dauntless, the crew were assessing the damage, “How many dead? How many injured?” Commodore Gillette enquired of the bo’sun.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqKVOttU24giKRGOnvkl1

“Fifteen dead and another 28 injured, 6 gravely so, Commodore” the bo’sun told him.

“Not enough able-bodied men to give pursuit” Gillette swore under his breath as the Black Pearl began sailing away.

“We could fire upon them, Sir” a lieutenant suggested.

“They’re out of range of our cannon” Gillette dismissed the notion.

“Get every man who can be patched up, patched up. I want this ship ready to sail as soon as possible” Gillette ordered, “Those pirates will not escape justice for long”

Within the hour the Pearl was on open waters under the night sky.

“Draw the navy away and circle back is what we’ll do” Barbossa strategised with his first mate, Weatherby.

1118full-hector-barbossa.jpg

“Then we’ll head for shore and deal with Jack Sparrow, this time for good” he smiled at the prospect.

The ship’s bell sounded, “What in the blazes is it now?” Barbossa asked in annoyance as he got up and headed for the deck.

“What be happening?!” he asked as the bo’sun ran over.

“A maelstrom ahead, Captain, a big one!” the bo’sun answered hurriedly.

Barbossa peered through his spyglass, “It’s too dark, the size of it be unclear” he complained, “Ninety degrees to port” he ordered, believing that would be more than sufficient to avoid the obstacle.

“Aye, Captain” the bo’sun repeated the order to the crew.

Barbossa hadn’t counted on the enormity of the vortex that spun in the waters ahead or, moreover, what caused it. A long tentacle soared up and snatched the sailor out of the crow’s nest. The ship burst into organised chaos.

“Man the cannons!” Hard astern!” Barbossa yelled as another huge tentacle slammed into the ship’s bow.

Yet another tentacle rose up and gripped the mast, preventing the ship turning. Pirates slashed at it with swords, Barbossa fired his pistol into it but the tentacle remained; the massive suckers clung doggedly to the surface they were attached to. More tentacles attacked the hapless crew, sending them reeling backwards or worse, overboard.

SlushySlimyAnkolewatusi-size_restricted.

The ship began to list as the kraken surfaced out from the turbulent waters.

“Fire!” Barbossa thundered.

The cannons exploded at the creature, momentarily stunning it, its grasp on the ship loosened then tightened once more.

“It’ll sink us!” Weatherby yelled, panic stricken.

Barbossa knew the truth of the words and resigned himself to his fate, “All hands abandon ship!” he ordered.

The crew lunged themselves into the ship’s boats as pandemonium continued all around them.

Weatherby grabbed Barbossa’s arm, “We must go – now – Captain!”

Barbossa shoved him back, “Away with ye! I’ll be going nowhere. A captain goes down with his ship, arr!” he screamed at the stricken pirate.

Weatherby scrambled to his feet and ran for the boats. Rowing away they saw the kraken rise up clinging to the starboard side and open its gaping maw. Row after row of monstrous sharp fangs were revealed.

KrakenP.thumb.jpg.78ed4ab7a829cb8ce0be76ffa5ae0ddf.jpg

Barbossa ran over to it and screamed at the beast with his sword raised defiantly. Weatherby cringed away as he saw the creature swallow the captain in one bite before releasing the ship and disappearing back under the waves.

======================================================

You have 24 hrs to submit your Night actions, please be sure not to miss this deadline.

There are 0 clues in this story.

2. Drogo

4. Deadpool

5. aquarian1

8. Snookums

9. terrymct

11. TexasGal

14. helenamonster

16. SVNBob

Twilight Ability

Twilight Ability

Night Ability

Night Ability

Mason Ability

Passive Ability

You start the game as a vanilla Townie with no actions. However, whenever the first power role dies (i.e. Doctor, Detective, Vigilante, etc.), the Universal back-up inherits that power role and can use it themselves from then on.  You will be PM’d with details when\if this happens.

Night Ability

Twilight Ability

Night Ability

7. statsgirl – Will Turner – Doctor - Hero

You are Will Turner, born William Turner Jr. You are an accomplished blacksmith by trade, an excellent swordsman by pursuit and a budding pirate by fate.  A simple craftsman, your life revolves around your work, and your distant longing for a woman you know could never be your wife; Elizabeth Swann.

Twilight Ability

You may choose 1 player each Twilight to heal from attack, you may not choose the same player on two consecutive occasions and you may choose yourself only once.  Please note once Twilight has been announced you have 12 hrs to submit your actions.

15. deaja – Captain Hector Barbossa – Godfather & Intangible - Villain

You are Captain Hector Barbossa, a legendary and ferocious pirate of the Caribbean. A captain of treacherous morality and a master of your own fate, you are the ultimate survivor. Ruthless and cunning, combining experience with reckless daring, you are also a deadly enemy and nemesis to Captain Jack Sparrow. In your youth, you were an honest sailor who left to make an easier living as a pirate. Originally a captain of the schooner Cobra, you later joined Jack Sparrow aboard the Black Pearl as first mate. After a while of sailing under Sparrow, you led a mutiny against Jack and marooned him on a desert island.

Twilight Ability

You have a one time only action of making yourself ‘intangible’; this means you will be immune from all actions for that Twilight and Night cycle only.

Night Ability

Your team may select 1 player to kill each Night; any member of the team may submit the kill order.

Passive Ability

As mafia godfather you will automatically appear as a hero to any detective investigation.

• Love 1

Day 6

Bless His Cotton Socks

The intensity of the attack meant that the Dauntless was still licking her wounds a day later. Sailors were being treated for all manner of injuries from deep cuts and gashes to amputations. Repairs were being made to the sails, ropes were replaced as well as repairs to the damaged frame of the ship itself. Cotton had been put to work below deck re-stacking cargo that had broken free during the skirmish.

pirates-of-the-caribbean-078-cotton-pira

As he worked his eyes prickled, but it wasn’t due to the dust in the hold. He still grieved his beloved parrot; the bird had been his constant companion since his tongue had been taken. Someone had callously shot the macaw down in front of his eyes but the distance had been too great for him to see who it was that had robbed him of his best friend.

He didn’t like being aboard the Royal Navy ship, he was uneasy and the marines treated him and his crewmates like rotten seaweed that was stuck to their shoes. Worse, he was being watched. He had both seen and felt it. The East India Company thug, Mercer, hadn’t let Cotton out of his sight since he’d seen Cotton watch him return to the ship the previous evening. Something was amiss and Cotton didn’t care for it, not one bit.

Mercer watched the mute pirate, waiting to see if his unscheduled visit to Isla de Muerta would be revealed to another. Initially, he had felt quite confident that the mute wouldn’t be able to impart the information in any comprehensible manner; the old sea dog couldn’t read or write; that much was obvious. However, as the day began to draw to a close, Mercer was on edge. He hated loose ends and in his mind, this one had the potential to fray. So he had watched and he had waited.

latest?cb=20110819061010

He stepped out from the shadows, “For a…person, and I use that term loosely, who cannot speak, you certainly don’t miss much do you?” he asked rhetorically.

Cotton whirled around, startled. Mercer stepped closer.

“If only there were a way I could be sure of your continued silence” he laughed mirthlessly at his own bad joke.

Cotton backed away looking around for something he could use to defend himself.

Cotton1.jpg.5071509eca6e73994ccf94bbd0582863.jpg

“Fortunately for me, there is. Which works out to be rather unfortunate for you, nothing personal of course” Mercer lunged at the hapless Cotton.

In the blink of an eye and the flash of steel, Cotton fell to the floor, his throat sliced open. Mercer stepped back, not wanting the pooling blood to sully his shoes.

He nodded in satisfaction, “Now you’ll be silent as the grave and unlike you, I'll breathe... easier” he quipped coldly.

latest?cb=20100501192819

=========================================

There are 0 clues in this story. You have 36 hrs until Day ends and Twilight begins unless a DL is completed beforehand.

4 votes are required to complete a DL.

2. Drogo

4. Deadpool

8. Snookums

9. terrymct

11. TexasGal

14. helenamonster

16. SVNBob

Twilight Ability

Twilight Ability

Night Ability

Night Ability

Mason Ability

Passive Ability

Night Ability

Twilight Ability

Night Ability

7. statsgirl – Will Turner – Doctor - Hero

Twilight Ability

You may choose 1 player each Twilight to heal from attack, you may not choose the same player on two consecutive occasions and you may choose yourself only once.  Please note once Twilight has been announced you have 12 hrs to submit your actions.

15. deaja – Captain Hector Barbossa – Godfather & Intangible - Villain

You are Captain Hector Barbossa, a legendary and ferocious pirate of the Caribbean. A captain of treacherous morality and a master of your own fate, you are the ultimate survivor. Ruthless and cunning, combining experience with reckless daring, you are also a deadly enemy and nemesis to Captain Jack Sparrow. In your youth, you were an honest sailor who left to make an easier living as a pirate. Originally a captain of the schooner Cobra, you later joined Jack Sparrow aboard the Black Pearl as first mate. After a while of sailing under Sparrow, you led a mutiny against Jack and marooned him on a desert island.

Twilight Ability

You have a one time only action of making yourself ‘intangible’; this means you will be immune from all actions for that Twilight and Night cycle only.

Night Ability

Your team may select 1 player to kill each Night; any member of the team may submit the kill order.

Passive Ability

As mafia godfather you will automatically appear as a hero to any detective investigation.

5. aquarian1 - Cotton - ‘Polly want a cracker?!’ - Hero

You are Cotton, a pirate who lives in Shipwreck Cove and operates in the Caribbean. You had your tongue cut out, due to an encounter with another pirate. You subsequently trained your loyal parrot to speak for you—though how as a mute, you achieved such a feat remains unknown.

Twilight Ability

Each Twilight you may send your parrot, to a player of your choice, and based on a coin flip he will either: 1. Guide that player to safety for the Night against nightkills but the player loses use of their ability for that Night. or 2. Bite the player resulting in a clue to that player’s character identity being brought back to you.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Drogo said:

Well would you look at that- someone who posted yesterday was bad. 

See, I'm not as sure about that.  The rule as stated was:

On 9/18/2019 at 7:47 AM, SilverStormm said:

The Villain NK is not unique.  It is, in fact, one of only two non-unique powers that I can think of (out-of-thread communication for Villains and Masons being the other.)  So I think that the Villain (singular, yes) may still have been able to use that power, even without speaking up yesterDay.

But, given what happened and, more importantly, didn't happen on Day 4 and Twilight 4, I agree this is our best move.

2 to DL terrymct (Drogo, SVNBob) 2 to cotton-swab the poop deck.

5 minutes ago, terrymct said:

While I have the chance, I'd like to thank my guardian angel whomever you may be.   It's a nice feeling!

I'm confused and also fascinated. What's all this now?  

My guess?  Another distraction/stall technique.

@terrymct, it's time for you to stop being cute and just posting one partially off-topic sentence at a time.  We're going to DL you unless you have a decent defense this time, and not just a stall tactic. 

Put some cards on the table and post something of substance.

• Useful 1