Type keyword(s) to search

Ray Donovan in the Media

• Start Topic

Not publicized.

But that would be one explanation for why Showtime chose to bail.

They're losing Homeland and Shameless this year so it's strange that they'd cancel one of their few proven shows now.

To be quite honest, I have lost interest in this show a couple of seasons back, and I was hate-watching up to S7 finale. But I have stuck with this show since S1E1 and I just can not let go. I think it is such a dick move from Showtime to just cancel a show that has been on the air for a while without a final season. With this is a show with long arc, not just episodic, viewers would certainly like to have a closure. And to put even more emphasis, the last season ended in cliff hanger.

BTW, why Netflix in particular? There is also Prime that could be the new home for the final season.

• Love 2

I saw a "tabloid" article that put the full blame on Liev Schrieber for the demise of the show. It said that his demand to move the show from Los Angeles to New York (to be with his two sons who live in N.Y.) "ruined" the show and caused it to hemorrhage viewers. While I much prefer the L.A. setting from the show and feel that the New York move wasn't good for the show, I can't blame Liev for putting his family first.

• Love 1

And honestly a change of scenery isn't a bad thing. I just don't feel that they really took advantage of it and it did feel like a different show. If it does get a final season they should take it back to LA to wrap it up.

• Love 1

I’ve been binge watching to catch up. I watched the first few seasons years ago and hadn’t seen it since.  It seems the series got progressively worse and I’m hate watching now as I’m in mid season 6.   I would like a wrap up season though.

Would prefer a reboot on uncancellation than a movie.

They said the movie will resume right after the end of season 7.  Maybe they plan to keep making movies periodically?

I thought the cast expressed interest in continuing the series after the cancellation was announced.

They said the movie will resume right after the end of season 7.  Maybe they plan to keep making movies periodically?

I hope they can find a way to reboot the TV series though a movie would be okay in the interim. They probably need to move away from the east coast though. I'd like for them to go back to LA but maybe Liev feels like there's no more stories there.