Type keyword(s) to search

Revolution, Community & Once Upon a Time in Wonderland Mash Up Mafia

• Start Topic

New Rule of Mafia: Don't mess with HelenaHandbasket, she has nuclear weapons!

Also, good call on Dougal, David!  I'm sorry I discounted you.  In my defense, as will come out when TJ posts the play-by-play, CP had investigated you the first night, but the investigation was blocked.  When it came out that Bob, as a villain, had the power to block investigations, I jumped on that as a hint that the villains were protecting you after the "T" clues.  IOW, they set you up and I fell for it.  Again, my apologies.

But, W00T!  The Heroes win, and that includes the dead ones!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I think that the clue David had against me wasn't an actual clue, or at least not against me: the "namely our steam train" bit came in the story at the start of Night 2, at which point jessied112 was still alive and so I wasn't yet a villain (I wasn't recruited, I just turned when they all died). Maybe since I was slated to become a villain after the others died I was fair game for clues. Especially since he was supposed to know which paragraph the clues were in, I can't see what in that paragraph could be pointing to jessied112.

Anyway, though I was sure hoping to survive the night (since then, if my kill had gone through and with my extra-vote power, I'd only have to convince one survivor to lynch someone else for me to win...of course, discounting others' powers), I'll still count that as a partial win since I was a hero at the time all the regular villains died. :)

David!  I'm sorry I discounted you.  In my defense, as will come out when TJ posts the play-by-play, CP had investigated you the first night, but the investigation was blocked.  When it came out that Bob, as a villain, had the power to block investigations, I jumped on that as a hint that the villains were protecting you after the "T" clues.  IOW, they set you up and I fell for it.

Good.  That plan did work.  Just not in time for it to be useful to the people that enacted it.

The other half of that plan was killing Spruce the first night, to make it look like he was on to something with the clues.   If only he hadn't been a kamikaze.

Woo Hoo!  We won.  I'm confused though, how did Dougal die?  Was it HelenaHandbasket using her superduper sniper skillz?

(edited)

Sorry, no epilogue - I seem to have lost the inspiration to write more for this round. But I will still give you play-by-play and awards!

PLAY-BY-PLAY

Day 1 - No lynch
~Clue: “on my own” (1st paragraph) and “direction (to get) home” (last paragraph) -> “Like a Rolling Stone” by Bob Dylan (SVNBob)

Night 1 - Villains kill The Crazed Spruce (MILES), resulting in the death of TMunz (MEI CHEN)
SVNBob (MONROE) sheilds David T. Cole (ABED) from investigations
jessied112 (NEVILLE) investigates HelenaHandbasket (GABRIEL)
TMunz (MEI CHEN) tries to recruit David T. Cole (ABED) and fails
RebelliousAngel (BRITTA) tries to investigate David T. Cole (ABED) but fails due to shielding
CuriousParker (ALICE) tries to read David T. Cole (ABED) but fails due to shielding
stacey (RACHEL) protects MarkHB (CYRUS)
~Clue: “Cleve” + science (lab) = discoverer of the element Thulium, abbreviated TM (TMunz)

Day 2 - Lynch of SVNBob (MONROE)
~Clue: paragraphs in first section (denoted by indentions) spell out JAMES + train = Jesse James the train robber (jessied112)

Night 2 - jessied112 (NEVILLE) kills RebelliousAngel (BRITTA)
jessied112 (NEVILLE) investigates MarkHB (CYRUS)
RebelliousAngel (BRITTA) investigates David T. Cole (ABED)
CuriousParker (ALICE) reads jessied112 (NEVILLE) as an investigator
HelenaHandbasket (GABRIEL) uses a vigilante kill on jessied112 (NEVILLE), thus eliminating all of the normal Villains and making Dougal (JAFAR) the new 1-Villain team
~Clue: mentioned theft of the train = Jesse James the train robber (jessied112)

Day 3 - Lynch of David T. Cole (ABED)
~Clue: mentioned Thomas + the train = Thomas the Tank Engine and his friend Douglas (Dougal)

Night 3 - Dougal (JAFAR) kills MarkHB (CYRUS), but it doesn’t work because...
CuriousParker (ALICE) reads stacey (RACHEL)
HelenaHandbasket (GABRIEL) uses a vigilante kill on Dougal (JAFAR), ending the game
~Clue: Abed quotes HAL from 2001: A Space Odyssey, voiced by Douglas Rain (Dougal)

Day 4 - HEROES WIN!!

AWARDS

The Cause of My Guilt: the Villains all got incredibly unlucky and I tried to keep them in the game as much as possible. Between hitting the kamikaze right off, and losing the recruiter, and then Bob overplaying his hand (in my opinion) and getting lynched, and then a perfect 2-for-2 vigilante...I felt horrible for them. Maybe there should have been 1 more Villain, I dunno.

Bullseye Award: to HelenaHandbasket, who despite not knowing who her character was still took out 2 Villains. And I quote: "Oh yeah! I don't know my character, but I assume he's handsome and stuff because he's on TV. So here goes...

Look how hot I am! Let's kill jessied112! That's right, you'll do what I say because I'm hot. I'm on TV!!!!!"

The "If It Ain't Broke..." Award: to stacey for protecting Mark each and every Night. Which is good, because on that last night I was racking my brain with how to kill off both Cyrus and Jafar together (I felt like I needed Cyrus's bottle to also get hit by the nuke to justify it, and couldn't figure out how to realistically place it outside)...until I could let Cyrus live!

Underdog Award (no pun intended): to Dougal, because I think he had a real chance had he not been vigilante'd. Having the 2-vote power would have made lynches a lot easier, as he already outlined. (And that's also why I gave the recruit/single-Villain-to-be that power!)

Most Unlucky Award: to The Crazed Spruce for dying first AGAIN. At least you were a kamikaze and got to take one with you!

Worst Clues: I always give this award to myself. No one even pointed out the indentations on the Day 2 story :( Though looking at it now, I forgot to put the second set in to denote the clue. Or maybe I thought it would have been too obvious (ha!).

So, who wants to run a round next? I'd like to play. I do have an idea for another round, but it will take quite a bit of setup. We should make a signup list. (Markbro, could we rename the old Livejournal to PTV Mafia?)

Edited by TJtrack99

Great game, TJ! I don't think there should have been more villains... They just happened to catch a bad break with the kamikaze, followed by Bob and Jessie sort of outing themselves. Sometimes things just shake down crappily for one team or the other, but that doesn't mean it's bad game design.

One of these days you'll win Best Dressed and RuPaul will win Worst Clues :)

(edited)
So was the fact that Dougal is a name of a steam engine train just total coincidence? Mind blown if so.

I had no idea about it until you brought it up. I went with other "Doug"s instead.

I was a little focused on Jesse James, though. If I had more time maybe I would have tried Jesse Pinkman ;-)

And of course, sign me up for the next round!

Edited by TJtrack99
  • Love 1

I'll agree that the fault in the main Villain team losing this game was bad luck and our (ok, my) own mistakes, and nothing to do with balance.

then Bob overplaying his hand (in my opinion) and getting lynched,

Hindsight and all that.  I didn't think I was overplaying until after Mark got twigged.  Then I realized I had. 
So I really can only blame myself.  But I'll blame Mark anyway; it's more fun that way. 

• Love 1

TJ, not to belabor the point, but those clues were pretty tough. Point of fact: my son is OBSESSED with Thomas the Tank Engine, and I could name about 30 of his friends, but I've never even heard of Douglas...

So who is hosting the next round?