Type keyword(s) to search

True Blood Mafia

• Start Topic

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having a job has its benefits, but missing votes is not one of them.

The Idol tour was awesome!  It's a wonderful venue (literally right on the water's edge), and all the performers were great.  Unfortunately, they apparently aren't doing the "meet the fans" thing on the way out to the bus as they did in years past... I guess there's a VIP after party you can buy tickets for instead.

• Love 1

I'd like something tall and citrusy, in a highball glass.

I just looked up a Caribou Lou (we have a town named Caribou, so at first I thought you were interested in something else ;).... it definitely sounds like something that could generate all kinds of amazing regrets.

Bartender, something strong, tall and... ooh, anything back there with a cute accent? ;)

Okay, rum and coke.

So, yesterday totally sucked for running errands. I didn't get a damn thing done (except find the office that I need to return to first thing Monday morning) and when I got home, my router was farting around on me, making my internet connection iffy at best. *sigh*

Bartender? I'll have another of these, please?

Day 4

The town of Bon Temps went quite on the 3rd night. As the silence settled over the town Andy picked up his gun. He'd had absolutely enough of this s**t. It was time for some action!
Sneaking through town at night..not his best idea yet...but here he was Action Andy! Mumbling the entire time "gonna get me some Vamps think they can put those nasty Hep V vams all over this town like a plague. As Andy rounded a corner he came face to face with Pam Beaufort. Shocked Andy quickly cocked his gun, realized the safety was still on turns it off, cocks his gun agiain..stumbles, stutters and squeezes the trigger. The back fire spins Andy around, as he hits the ground he barfs up his pea soup dinner, undeterred he rises, does a ninja kick, only to kick himself in the head, falls back to the ground and fires again..only this time for the first time in Andy's beffuddled carrer does he get it right. He shot Pam straight through the heart.
As Pam crumbles into a pile of blood on the ground, Andy stands there in shock in disbelief.
"I got one!!! Hahahaha I finally got one! Holy...look at this!!!" Screaming to draw attention to his sucess Andy runs jumping and whooping though town..Guys Everyone!!! WAKE UP!!!! I got me one!! HOPE IS ALIVE AND WELL!!!!!
Jessica walks out of Bill's house...."Whatcha hollrin about out here Andy?"
    Still excited Andy beams.."I just shot Pam Beaumont, those Hep Vamp controllers don't know what hit em when Andy Bellflur is around!"
"Well..that was a sudden unpredictable change of attitude and behavior..almost as if on a whim.." Jessica stated bluntly
    "What is this Webster's?? What's that even mean?"
"It means good job Andy..It means good job."

Or is it..Erick approached just as Pam crumbled to a blood pile on the ground. And immediately he felt her lose. This beffuddled idiot thinks he can kill Pamela and get away with it..think again this town would pay!
Bill and Tara approached Erick and he fell to his knees in despair over Pam's death.
"This will not fly..kill one of us and think you get away with it..no no no."
Tara grabbed her gun and walked toward Andy firing non stop as she approached. Jessica saw her comming down the street, as did Alcid. Both ran towards Andy to save the befuddled fool. Alcid arrived first and lunged at Andy knocking him to the ground, and covering him in his wolf form. Which left Jessica..right in Tara's cross fires. One shot hit Jessica s square between the eyes, the next shot hit her right in the heart. Jessica crumbled and slowly turned into a pile of Vampire goo.
Alcid threw back his head and let out a long sorrowful howl that the entire town heard. Another great town member down.

The Living:
1. jessied112
3. Dougal
5. stacey
6. egavasc
7. SVNBob
8. caprice

List of the Dead:

Curious Parker- Jason Stackhouse - HERO - And Lover- Night one please send me the name of 1 player who will fall hopelessly in love with you for the remainder of the game..but be careful who you choose because this action will tie you two together, so that if one of you dies so will the other automatically. You will not be able to communicate with your lover outside the game thread though, but they will be advised of your connection just not who you are or what your role

Crazed Spruce - Sam Merlotte - HERO - Tracker Each night you may pick one person and follows them. You will see everyone who your target visits and receive back a list of names. You will not know what actions they committed only who they visited.

TJTrack99- Layfaette Reynolds - Medium-  You can communicate with the dead..in more ways than one...After a player dies you will be able to summon their spirit (or PM them), and they can tell you anything they saw the night of their murder, or before. You will be able to communicate freely with all the dead players through PM or other outside thread means only, but the dead players cannot communicate with each other only you..until your death. Dead players cannot post once they have died, so you will have to be their voice..and vote if necessary.
You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Tmunz- Arlene Fowler - HERO - You unfortunately  have no special powers..except for running scared and screaming, cause this town is messed up ya'll!

Athena - Jessica Hamby - HERO - Backup- You're still a baby vamp after all so you're not trusted initially with the protection of this town..however should the Town's main protector die you will take over his/her role and send me the name of one player each night you wish to protect. You will recieve more details on your role should it be necessary. ..until that point though you are just a regular member of the town..with fangs of course. Your role is only inherited upon the death of the original town protector.

MarkHB- Pam Beaufort - Villain -  Role Investigator- each night you may send me the name of 1 player you wish to investigate, you will recve back results with their role (i.e. Vanilla Townie, Investigator ect..), you will not receive character names or alignments. You may communicate with the other villains and select a victim each night for your kill as well.

There is one clue in this story..Another CRITICAL day for heroes...good luck lovlies...

Well obviously Mark's advice about Reb's clues was a misdirect. So I think it's safe to say our other guesses are probably correct.

As for this clue (at least I think this is the clue) 

"Well..that was a sudden unpredictable change of attitude and behavior..almost as if on a whim.." Jessica stated bluntly
    "What is this Webster's?? What's that even mean?"
"It means good job Andy..It means good job."

it obviously points to caprice as one could clearly see from Webster's dictionary

ca·price noun \kə-ˈprēs\
: a sudden change; especially : a sudden change in someone's mood or behavior

Hahaa no it was not you..Layfayette was supposed to be the one that made people semi Immortal..but ya'll killed him! :(

Wait, it was me?!?!? Could I have made make myself immortal?!?!? (Like the game that caused The Great Wank??.....oh wait)

• Love 1

Well obviously Mark's advice about Reb's clues was a misdirect. So I think it's safe to say our other guesses are probably correct.

The thing is, he's not entirely wrong about the example he gave from the game he was describing. I was following it, and everyone was suckered by the use of "a tisket, a tasket," and wrongly lynched Helena Handbasket.

What? You thought I was going to talk about the game? Nobody else is. I'd point out that TJ and TMunz both were suspicious of jessied112, and both died overnight, but it doesn't look like it matters right now....

Valid point. And I looked back at the Wikipedia entry for I shot the sheriff. After Marley and Clapton, the next most famous person to do a cover is Warren G. WarrenG --> jessied. Pattern matches. So I'll start it off.

1 jessied112 (SVNBob) 3 to cover in ketchup and roll on the beach.

Uh...what? No, no, I'm a hero guys, I promise. I'm not sure if I believe that clue to be strong enough.

I like the caprice clue a lot better, to be honest. So...hesitantly starts a lynch?

1 caprice (jessied112), 3 to jump the shark

We have 6 living people, 5 dead heroes and 1 dead villain (assuming that TJ counts as a hero even though it seems a little different). You're supposed to start at somewhere around 1/3 villains, right? That would be 4, in which case we'd be at 3 living heroes, 3 living villains. If so, since you need 4 to David Lynch that means we heroes are done for unless someone's power can save us somehow. If there were 3 initial villains (which seems pretty low), we'd be 4-2 in which case we still better get it right tonight.

The reiteration of the sudden changes of mind seems pretty damning to me, much more so than WarrenG-is-kind-of-like-jessied, though of course it's still possible they're both villains and jessied is cutting her losses on losing caprice tonight to reinforce her reputation as a hero for the next night.

3 caprice (jessied112, egavasc, Dougal), 1 to transmogrify into a pair of clown shoes

2 jessied122 (SVNBob, caprice), 2 to serve sushi on

, we need you to come make the right voting decision. :)

Yeah, , but last time I was all alone and desperate and kind of grasping at straws on clues — this time there's been two very explicit caprice clues. If we don't David Lynch a villain today then we're down to hoping that someone's powers save us. :/

Otherwise we need @SVNBob to switch - any chance of that?

Also, Reb did say that today was another Critical day and last day we had was critical, nobody was lynched and didn't we lose two heroes? I mean, it's either we take a gamble here or we potentially lose two more heroes.

(edited)

Also, Reb did say that today was another Critical day and last day we had was critical, nobody was lynched and didn't we lose two heroes? I mean, it's either we take a gamble here or we potentially lose two more heroes.

Actually, last critical day we didn't lynch and we lost a hero AND a villain. Sticking with my non-vote.

Edited by stacey

Night 5

And so the final battle began...
Bill, Tara, and Erick loaded up on weapons and had been depriving the Hep V horde of food for days now. They were angry. Pamela MUST be avenged!!

The last three remaining town members huddled in Bellflur's bar, scared and unsure what to do. Andy glanced at Sookie,
"Princess, can't you do some fairy crap and get us out of this mess?"
    "No Andy..it doesn't work like that and you know it!"
"What about you wolf boy..don't you have some wonder power we can use?"
Alcid glared at Andy.."No seems I was always just off the mark on who the target was..I can't figure them out.. What about you Andy..don't we have some guns or something we can use?"
    "Nah I had 3 bullets left and I wasted Pam with those..the rest were stolen man..I just I don't know by who! This sheriff investigating business is hard man!"
The 3 vampires boldly walked down the center of town with their horde following them ever so willingly.  They were unstoppable and they knew it.

"Come here little doggie, come and play like a good boy..." Taunted Bill
Inside Alcid heard the taunt and his eyes glowed amber as his anger rose. He transformed into his stronger wolf state and went on the prowl.
"Alcid no!! " Sookie yelled as he ran out the door.."it's a death trap...." she whispered but it was too late.
Alcid came barrelingthorugh Bellflur's front door strong and ready to attack. But he didn't stand a chance against 40 hungry and sick vampires..
"Sick em' kiddos!" Erick laugh as he unleashed the Hep V horde. Alcid fought to the bitter end. Sinking his teeth into the necks of a few Hep Vamps and decapatiaing them. But in the end there were just too many for him to take alone. Like the Plague they surrounded him, and devoured him..one tiny piece at a time.

Tara laughed an evil laugh seeing what was left of poor Alcid. "My turn boys!" she roared
Tara saunted bodly into the bar and walked up to Andy.."Hey..sheriff.." she breathed as she brused against him. Up for a little...fun. she winked. Andy shook and stared tenitively at her.."but..but you used to be one of us Tara.."
    "Oh..sweetie..please don't you fret..it won't hurt a bit, I promise.." she said as she bodly licked his neckand grazed him with her fangs.
"Don't you want a little taste darling, I promise you'll like it" She let a drop of her blood drip into Andy's mouth, and he tasted the bliss it provided.
"eh..eh..no more now..my turn" she smiled coyly, as she dug her fangs deep into his neck and sucked every last ounce of blood from his body. Andy fell limply to the floor, lifeless.
Erick and Bill stood back and watched Tara take her victory over Andy. Erick smiled.."guess that makes it my turn to take on one last little Fairy. "
"Now..where would a fairy that taste like sunshine hide.." Erick taunted as he strode through the bar opening doors. "How about in..a closet!..nope what about in..ohh and bedroom conviently in the back of the bar..Sookie, Sookie I should have know. You do love bedrooms and being in bed." he laughed.
Sookie gathered up her fireball of Fairy magic that she for some reason never uses and only threatens with. And Erick laughed.."what angel you going to throw that at me? You never have in all these years..never will, but we can play the dance if you insist darling."
Erick dogged left and Sookie moved her fireball to follow him. "I will throw it this time Erick, you don't scare me!"
    "Oh I don't darling..then why are you shaking like a little leaf?"
Erick plucked her off her feet by her collar, proving his strength over her. He forced her grasp to toss the mighty fire ball in her hands, tossing with it all Sookie's strength and power. Sookie went weak and limp, her fairy life force being drained from her.

Erick took her into the kitche and laid her on the serving counter. "Seems appropiate doesn't it, " he sneered. "Tara, Bill..come get dinner..Fairies taste the best!" The three Vampires surrounded Sookies weakened body and feasted like the kings they had become. Victory was theirs, and there was no better victory than the spoils of feasting like royalty!

The Living:

1. Stacey- Bill Compton - Villain- You may communicate with the other Villains and select a victim each night for your kill as well.
2. SVNBob- Villain- You may communicate with the other Villains and select a victum each night for your kill as well.

3. caprice- Erick Northman - Strongman- Being the oldest vampire around you know a thing or two...and as such you know how to kill a man, or woman. You have 1 kill attempt that you may use at random that will be unstoppable no matter the circumstances. This attempt overpowers all other roles. You may communicate with the other Villains and select a victim each night for your kill as well.

List of the Dead:

Curious Parker- Jason Stackhouse - HERO - And Lover- Night one please send me the name of 1 player who will fall hopelessly in love with you for the remainder of the game..but be careful who you choose because this action will tie you two together, so that if one of you dies so will the other automatically. You will not be able to communicate with your lover outside the game thread though, but they will be advised of your connection just not who you are or what your role

Crazed Spruce - Sam Merlotte - HERO - Tracker Each night you may pick one person and follows them. You will see everyone who your target visits and receive back a list of names. You will not know what actions they committed only who they visited.

TJTrack99- Layfaette Reynolds - Medium-  You can communicate with the dead..in more ways than one...After a player dies you will be able to summon their spirit (or PM them), and they can tell you anything they saw the night of their murder, or before. You will be able to communicate freely with all the dead players through PM or other outside thread means only, but the dead players cannot communicate with each other only you..until your death. Dead players cannot post once they have died, so you will have to be their voice..and vote if necessary.
You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Tmunz- Arlene Fowler - HERO - You unfortunately  have no special powers..except for running scared and screaming, cause this town is messed up ya'll!

Athena - Jessica Hamby - HERO - Backup- You're still a baby vamp after all so you're not trusted initially with the protection of this town..however should the Town's main protector die you will take over his/her role and send me the name of one player each night you wish to protect. You will recieve more details on your role should it be necessary. ..until that point though you are just a regular member of the town..with fangs of course. Your role is only inherited upon the death of the original town protector.

MarkHB- Pam Beaufort - Villain -  Role Investigator- each night you may send me the name of 1 player you wish to investigate, you will recve back results with their role (i.e. Vanilla Townie, Investigator ect..), you will not receive character names or alignments. You may communicate with the other villains and select a victim each night for your kill as well.

egavasc- Sookie Stackhouse - HERO - The Beloved Princess,You have no specific power but when you die, the next day phase is skipped (because everyone is at your funeral), as the main character you MUST be properly mourned.

jessied112- Andy Bellfleur - HERO - Befuddled Vigiliante, being Andy you never quite know what's going on you have 1 night kill to use randomly thorough out the game. Problem is..you can never tell who's good in this town! Meaning that when you fire off your gun you have no control over who it its. Please let the mod know when you would like to use your kill and your target will be selected at random.

Dougal- Alcid Hervaux - HERO - Protector - Each night you may pick one person to guard in your wolf form and they will be safe from the Villains for that night only. However, you may not choose the same player two nights in a row to protect.  Additionally because your role is so vital if someone tires to kill you  you have a automatic one shot attempt to avoid death (in other words it takes 2 attempts to kill you, the first will be unsuccessful but the second time you will not be so lucky)

CONGRAGULATIONS VILLIANS on your Victory!!

*speaks from a puddle of blood that has seeped into the ground*

Can I get up now?????

\^.^/

(Fortunately our evil majesty overcame my singularly boneheaded mis-post yesterday!)

• Love 1

caprice, you killed me? :(

I am looking forward to being told about the clues. For some reason I had a feeling about Bob. Then of course the Mark Cuban one was easy and later the caprice one. (Well done, stacey! Until that last day I still didn't feel like you were evil.)

The only real use I got out of my power was that Spruce told me that Athena hadn't talked to anyone in-game, so she probably wasn't a Villain. So she was the only one I trusted.

• Love 3

I am most interested in hearing how the "messages from the dead" thing was going to work.

I also owe Reb a sincere apology for this:

Yeah, no.  I am definitely a hero, and I'll also point out from painful experience that the last time Reb made the clues this ridiculously obvious, they were totally red herrings (like including "a tisket a tasket..." in the story when Helena Handbasket was a hero).  So now I'm regretting volunteering her to mod :( .

That was a bit above-and-beyond of me, and I did feel bad for throwing you under the bus like that, so I'm sorry.  I just couldn't come up with a better way to counter the "owner of the Mavericks" clue on short notice.  Plus, I was evil!

I am most interested in hearing how the "messages from the dead" thing was going to work.

I also owe Reb a sincere apology for this:

That was a bit above-and-beyond of me, and I did feel bad for throwing you under the bus like that, so I'm sorry.  I just couldn't come up with a better way to counter the "owner of the Mavericks" clue on short notice.  Plus, I was evil!

Meh, I forgave you the second you posted it, I knew where it was comming from lol. Just trying to defend your evil butt! Plus..it was true! lol

caprice, you killed me? :(

I am looking forward to being told about the clues. For some reason I had a feeling about Bob. Then of course the Mark Cuban one was easy and later the caprice one. (Well done, stacey! Until that last day I still didn't feel like you were evil.)

The only real use I got out of my power was that Spruce told me that Athena hadn't talked to anyone in-game, so she probably wasn't a Villain. So she was the only one I trusted.

Of course I killed you, TJ. We thought someone might have agreed with your need for the protection you requested. Since my power allowed me to ignore that, you were my free, solo kill. Don't you feel special?

Mark, I hope you feel avenged. ;)

Fun game, everyone. Thanks for pulling it together, Reb!

Basically I just PM'ed with the dead. As Reb lamented in our PM's, it would have been most useful had I got to talk to an investigator or protector. But Spruce only had the 1 night.

I feel very special, caprice! Haha I thought the protector was just ignoring my request, but I see your kill would have gone through no matter what.

I remember what I wanted to ask:

Did anyone pick up on my hints on my role as medium? There are at least 2 posts that I can remember dropping them. (I didn't want to ask that mid-game in case it changed how people played.) I re-read some of our old Heroes Mafia threads where that was commonplace. It was usually based on the character's ability/something they did or said, which we knew from the show, but since not all of us were familiar with True Blood (including me!) I used my role instead.

(edited)

Night Actions

Night 1

Crazed Spruce - Sam Merlotte- Tracks Athena (Jessica) - No activity
Pam (Mark) investigates Crazed Spruce (Sam)- Results Tracker
Curious Parker (Jason) chooses Crazed Spruce (Sam) as his Lover
Dougal (Alcid) protects jessied (Andy)
Villains Kill CrazedSpruce (Sam) which also kills his lover Curious Parker (Jason)

Day 2

Clue- By the Light of the Silvery Moon lyrics- Staring Doris Day who also starred in Caprice

Night 2

Clue- That Thing you Do!- Written by Adam Schlesinger, who also co wrote Stacey's Mom- Stacey

Dougal (Alcid) protects SVNBob (Tara)
Mark (Pam) investigates TJ (Lafayette)
Caprice (Erick) Kills TJ (Layfaette)
Villains Kill TMunz(Arlene)

Day 3

Clues:
I shot the Sheriff- By Bob Marley- SVNbob
Dallas Mavericks Owner Reference Mark Cuban- MarkHB

Night 3

Andy (jessied)fires off a shot and killed Mark (Pam)
Dougal protects jessied (Andy)
Mark (Pam) Investigates Dougal (Alcid)- inconclusive results..due to Mark's death
Villains kill Athena (Jessica)

Day 4

Clue- sudden unpredictable change of attitude and behavior..almost as if on a whim- Definition of Caprice

Awards:

Power with the most Potentional that I was sad to see go- TJtrack as Medium- I felt like this could have been so usedful to the heroes had the protector or investigator died later in the game. I saw it on a level of the Town investigator finally getting to communicate what he knew to someone even if it was belated.

Best Rookie Villian goes to Stacey- For playing the Townie so perfectly that no one ever suspected you!

Worst Mod mistake ever that thankfully the player didn't want to throttel me for goes to egavasc- I screwed up sending out PM's..only I didn't realize it until Athena died and egavasc PMed me and asked if two people could be one player...I accidently sent egavasc the PM for the character Jessica..when the entire game I had her listed as Sookie.

Best clue rebuttle when I started throwing out the most obvious clues EVER because no one was even attempting to start a lynch goes to Mark - for throwing the mod and my sadistic clue styles last game under the bus when necessary. That's how you win a game, throw anyone and everyone in t\the path. Much like the pholisiphy,, I don't have to run the fastest, I just have to out run you!

Death I felt the worst about Curious Parker - I feel like linking you to another player didn't work out as well as I hoped. I was hoping ou would find each other in thread and create an semi Mason ability and know someone you could trust. It would have gotten intresting had you choosen a villian.

And that's all folks! Hope everyone had fun!!

Edited by RebelliousAngel
  • Love 2
(edited)

That's what the That Thing You Do! clue was. I spent so much time trying to figure that one out.

ETA: And no worries on the mix up! Just threw me for a moment. Did not affect game play at all

Edited by egavasc