Type keyword(s) to search

Roommate Hunters - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I'm not sure the show will last long with the 10pm slot but we're guaranteed 8 episodes at the very least so think positive!

I saw the first three episodes in a binge so its all a blur but I still can't believe how expensive California is and that two men would be willing to look for roommates with their moms on TV!

• Love 2
9 hours ago, crimsongrl said:

I'm not sure the show will last long with the 10pm slot but we're guaranteed 8 episodes at the very least so think positive!

I saw the first three episodes in a binge so its all a blur but I still can't believe how expensive California is and that two men would be willing to look for roommates with their moms on TV!

Hmm, so are there 2 shows with a similar premise? Because I saw one show the other day where a medical student was in his final year and was looking to find an apartment to share in Miami. He wound up meeting a dancer who was looking for a roommate. In the end it appeared as if they might be dating.

Does this ring a bell? His mom did not come with him on the search, but he did talk to her on the phone about his choices.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

Hmm, so are there 2 shows with a similar premise? Because I saw one show the other day where a medical student was in his final year and was looking to find an apartment to share in Miami. He wound up meeting a dancer who was looking for a roommate. In the end it appeared as if they might be dating.

Does this ring a bell? His mom did not come with him on the search, but he did talk to her on the phone about his choices.

Yes, you saw episode 5* (Roommate Replacement in Miami). The second and fourth episodes had guys and their moms looking for places.
*The episodes are airing out of order from the HGTV site, so far they've shown Episodes 2, 1, 5 & 4 in that order.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Arizona to Nashville: Wonder how the RH is going to support herself. Ozzie the dog was adorbs! The goth girl’s decorating tastes were horrible. Ugly Victorian reproduction settees and dead flowers! 

RH's parents might be paying her rent and other expenses. That's the only thing I could think of unless she gets a waitress job. Looks like she picked the best roommate option.

The L.A. makeup artist had some good roommate options and she made the best choice. I wonder if she got to see the Vampire Den?

I would never live with another couple no matter how large the place was. Seems like a recipe for drama and the woman in the couple would be gone for days at a time! Lifetime Movie waiting to happen...

I don't see the show listed for next week so this could be the end of the road folks. 😟

• Love 2

I watch shows like this more for the apartments than for the "story lines." I did find it odd, yet charming, the three men who were so close to their mothers, but a little off-putting that they took mom along with them (well, two did, I recall). I'd kind of wonder at my potential roommate who needed his mother with him to look at apartments.

I forget which one it was -- the Nashville woman? -- who ended up taking the apartment with the two roommates. I was hoping she wouldn't pick that one, because they were kind of creepy with their rules and demands that the roomies hang out together in the evening. I'm renting a room in your apartment, not signing on to be your friend. If it happens, great. If not, so long as we're civil, that's fine. 

I knew a married couple who had a roommate, so that didn't seem that weird (then again, they had a house, not a small apartment).