50 Shades of MasterChef! Mafia

• Start Topic

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Depends on the bad guy, I guess? I still don't feel like I know most people's "typical" game play, though. 

For the record, I'll be offline most of the day tomorrow. So I'm also not inclined to draw too many conclusions from a day off from anyone.

I'm all for doing something, because at least you learn something.  Then again, with smaller numbers this time I'd hate to take out a hero in a DL and then lose one at night, too.  But this is a LOL game, so....  TL; DR - I added nothing.  Hee.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MuuMuuChainsmoker said:

I'm here and I'm fabulously sexy. 

I'm here and the complete opposite of sexy. If you pulled up a thesaurus, under "sexy" antonyms you'd see a picture of me. I would vote in a DL. I don't know much but I do have a PhD in deliciousness! 

Ok I am here and I am sad to say that I am not Alton Brown but happy to say that I am not a villain. I don't know anything about my chef though. Other than being a chef, obviously.

This is going to be hard because, much like the Breaking Bad game, we aren't sure which characters are the actual bad guys.

There were 10 chefs listed at the tables and 10 players so it stands to reason that Gordon and Graham are NPCs.

I am vanilla (heh... vanilla) so I will be of almost no help

by the way there was an Epic Rap Battles of History that had Gordon Ramsay up against Julia Childs, it is tres bien.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, aquarian1 said:

I'm all for doing something, because at least you learn something.  Then again, with smaller numbers this time I'd hate to take out a hero in a DL and then lose one at night, too.  But this is a LOL game, so....  TL; DR - I added nothing.  Hee.

I am so with you on this. Get going right out of the gate & learn something but our numbers are small and it makes the risk greater. 

Just posting this here in case you all didn't know/hear/notice but there was a site update and some notifications are being wonky, so you may not be getting emails about thread updates or PMs or likes, or whatever you've set yourself up to be notified of, they're also maybe going to spam as the email address is different, and the Bell notifications are hit or miss, so if you're waiting for something it's probably best to just check the actual thread rather than rely on getting an email/pop up/bell notice about it. 

Happy Monday! 

• Love 5

Good morning! My apologies for the delays. Between the site wonkiness and my need to bake three types of cookies yesterday, I ended up busier than I thought.

One of my neighbors came over and cleared my driveway of all the snow before I even got up! One less miserable chore for me, it needed to be rewarded.

• Love 2

Night One

"Appetizers with persimmon?" Flay grumbled. "They're too flimsy for decent grilling." He walked through the pantry placing ingredients in his basket. "It's like they want to get rid of me."

http___makeagif.com_media_11-12-2012_Q7J    flay3.0.gif

Padma and Nigella moved with their usual elegance, making thoughtful selections. Rachael and Guy were frenetic balls of energy seeming to grab random elements.

It didn't take long before everyone was back at their stations and working. After the first twenty minutes, judicious conversation and close watching, Graham noticed that they appeared to have subconsciously settled on a common theme. He had seen a persimmon salad, persimmon and endive, asparagus with persimmon sauce. Wolfgang Puck had even found a way to use the fruit with oysters!

They were all going for aphrodisiacs.

If they got around to desserts, which he was sure they would, knowing what several of the chefs were capable of with chocolate, he hoped his blood pressure would hold.

giphy(4).gif

giphy.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is one clue in the Night 1 story. 

@caprice would like the Night actions ASAP, although y'all probably be waiting at least another 24 hours for the next Day story. 

Drink up!

Still Cookin':

1. egavasc
  2. aquarian1
  3. MarkHB
  4. TJtrack99
  5. Hanged Man
  6. The Crazed Spruce
  7. Muumuuchainsmoker
  8. Oinky Boinky
  9. Jesse
  10. Lisin
  • Love 3

Day 2

giphy.gif

After tasting the ten dishes and briefly conferring, Gordon and Graham called Bobby, Guy and Padma for the Dreaded Pressure test. Given that they had to do something with rose petals, you'd think it would've turned out differently, but in the end, Gordon did his usual attempt at drumming up false drama and asked the lovely Padma Lakshmi to hand in her apron.

200.gif#17     giphy.gif     giphy.gif

In the end, she didn't really mind. Between her cookbooks and her own show, her bank account was just fine. She laughed on her way out the door.

giphy.gif   tumblr_lgpoyisEoR1qbdjxeo1_250.gif

(Not pertinent to the story... but these needed to be seen.)

ZZZhGey.gif              padma.jpg

Still Cookin':

1. egavasc
  2. aquarian1
  3. MarkHB
  4. TJtrack99
  5. Hanged Man
  6. The Crazed Spruce
  7. Oinky Boinky
  8. Jesse
  9. Lisin

Packed In A Doggie Bag, Doggie-Style:

1. MMCS - Hero - You are Padma Lakshmi, Celebrity Chef.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is 1 clue in the Day 2 story. 

Day will be ~36 hours or until a DL is reached, whichever comes first. 

5 votes are required to complete a DL.

• Love 1

Well it looks like there are villains and they didn't take a day off like we did

1. Rachael Ray
  2. Bobby Flay
  3. Mario Batali
  4. Guy Fieri.
  5. Nigella Lawson
  6. Emeril
  7. Giada,
  8. Curtis Stone
  9. Wolfgang Puck

1. egavasc
  2. aquarian1
  3. MarkHB
  4. TJtrack99
  5. Hanged Man
  6. The Crazed Spruce
  7. Oinky Boinky
  8. Jesse
  9. Lisin

If I had to guess I would say that based upon nothing Bobby Flay, Wolfgang Puck, and Emeril would be bad guys

3 hours ago, Hanged Man said:

If I had to guess I would say that based upon nothing Bobby Flay, Wolfgang Puck, and Emeril would be bad guys

That makes sense to me based on nothing but their personalities?

3 hours ago, Hanged Man said:

Inside knowledge! DL him!

Wait, but it's knowledge about the supposed Villains, don't DL him!

And in any case, you are wrong HM, as I know one of those men (not "these men", since if we had to "catch these men"...well that might not be pretty!) is not villainous. 

So, my logic is that Bobby is a Villain because obviously with the existence of a show named "Beat Bobby Flay" when we are playing a game called "50 Shades of MasterChef", he's just begging to be the Villain. So I vote for SVNBob!

*checks the roster* Damnit!! 

Well, since her abbreviation shares 2 letters with Bob, and since she is fabulous and therefore makes my not-fabulous face jealous...

1 to DL Oinky Boinky (TJtrack99), 4 to whisk her away (eh?? Whisk?? Food pun!!)

(And I'm just trying to have fun, as it is LOLMafia after all!)

guy-creates-food-puns-for-the-states-24-

• Love 1

2 to DL Oinky Boinky (TJtrack99, Lisin), 3 to churn up some action (eh? Churn? Punny?) 

My vote is mainly based on the fact that Swissconsin made me laugh WAY harder than it should have guys. Like, I'm still kind of giggling. 

Also, I apologize in advance for this. Found it. Couldn't not use it. 

RLYZJ.gif

On 12/9/2016 at 9:10 PM, aquarian1 said:

You are way off track. I am not a villain. 

Explain your reasoning again? 

Am I allowed to hint who I am?

Really I will laugh because you are making a colossal mistake based on I am not sure what- and you all followed without thinking. 

Thank you. 

I know very well there was no investigation of any sort of me that would cause this. 

I didn't use my night action last night -reserving it- so I wasn't seen out at night either. 

That A1 quote in the middle of my post is just something stupid this PC has been doing. 

She didn't say that. 

10 minutes ago, Oinky Boinky said:

@Jesse they are going on nothing.  The bad guys are shooting this right out of the gate because so few votes are needed.  

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about!

Of course, I'm still not sure which characters would be the villains anyway.

3 minutes ago, aquarian1 said:

I usually prefer action to inaction.  Start another DL,  I can be easily swayed to switch.

^ agree. I'm not inclined to just not DL again and give the baddies an upper hand. 

Since I think TJ would be a pretty dumb villain to jump out of the gate with a random DL and A1 and Lisin appear to be acting reasonably..

1 to DL The Crazed Spruce (Oinky Boinky) 4 to beat him 'til he forms stiff peaks

I have to go to bed. Can one person please change their vote? The DL against me is a big mistake. 

1 hour ago, Oinky Boinky said:

Explain your reasoning again? 

Am I allowed to hint who I am?

Really I will laugh because you are making a colossal mistake based on I am not sure what- and you all followed without thinking. 

Good!

1 hour ago, Hanged Man said:

Yeah this is one of the more ridiculous reasons to DL someone.

I refuse to join this DL.

Does anyone see any clues in the story?

Honestly just for launching such an absurd attempt, I am thinking of starting a dl on @TJtrack99

Yes!

LOLmafia. Not for logic. For the lol's. 

And cause, if OB is indeed another hot character, well those are the ones that make the best Anastasia Steeles, ifyouknowwhatImean. Our mods have shown remarkable restraint so far on that...(GET IT??)

• Love 1
15 hours ago, TJtrack99 said:

So, my logic is that Bobby is a Villain because obviously with the existence of a show named "Beat Bobby Flay" when we are playing a game called "50 Shades of MasterChef", he's just begging to be the Villain. So I vote for SVNBob!

*checks the roster* Damnit!! 

It's LOL!Mafia.  Shoulda done it anyway.  ;)

• Love 3
10 hours ago, TJtrack99 said:

And cause, if OB is indeed another hot character, well those are the ones that make the best Anastasia Steeles, ifyouknowwhatImean. Our mods have shown remarkable restraint so far on that...(GET IT??)

Anastasia Steele = possibly the worst Mary Sue in the history of Mary Sues.

• Love 2

Night 2

*Legal note: Do not read the following if you are under the age of 18*

Rachael Ray was taking advantage of the lunch break and wandering around backstage. Behind the pantry, she found a door with an odd design on it and opened it out of curiosity. Ten minutes later, she exited the room, a plan building in her mind. Knowing the nature of the show, she knew she needed to eliminate some of the competition before things went too much further.

The first person she saw turned out to be Wolfgang (where was Curtis when you need him?). Turning on the charm, she led him back to the room she'd found and before he realized what was going on, she had him bound and gagged, had applied feathered nipple clamps, and was tracing a light flogger over his back.

Wolfgang_Puck.jpg 41dZAJPbymL.jpg  giphy.gif

"You know, Wolfie, there's some really interesting stuff in here," she teased. He could hear her footsteps moving away, pausing, and finally returning, although they sounded different, heavier. "You've got to see the stuff I found in here."

d59b02259bf59a0c7ca52d37df236da3.jpg

She opened the box so he could see, displaying a lovely set of carved jade figurines. Looking more closely, he realized they were of increasing size and tapered. His train of thought quickly derailed.

WO0704_Pounding-chicken-with-chicken.gif

"I'll be back at our next break, Wolfgang, and we can try some of these out. In fact, I'll close the box again so they stay warm."

Still Cookin':

1. egavasc
  2. aquarian1
  3. MarkHB
  4. Hanged Man
  5. The Crazed Spruce
  6. Oinky Boinky
  7. Jesse
  8. Lisin

Packed In A Doggie Bag, Doggie-Style:

1. MMCS - Hero - You are Padma Lakshmi, Celebrity Chef.
  2. TJtrack99 - Hero - Wolfgang Puck, Celebrity Chef. (eliminated for LOL logic fail)

There is 1 clue in the Night 2 Story.

Those with Night actions will have 24 hours to "get 'em in."

Well that's peculiar

Does Mark have a power that wacks the person that started a DL on a person? Does the death of TJ suggest Mark's a villain?

Does Oinky have a power that keeps her from getting wacked? Does the death of TJ suggest she's a villain?