Type keyword(s) to search

50 Shades of MasterChef! Mafia

• Start Topic

Hmm, either a '70s movie, or a movie set in the '70s.... Yeah, definitely not one we've watched together.

Speaking of the next Mafia game, we're ready to take sign-ups. Because I leave for the holidays on the 20th, this will have to be almost as fast as the Blackadder round was.

So, because I'm twisted and Drogo is in charge of GIFs, this round is... drumroll....

50 Shades of MasterChef!!

• Love 2
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, caprice said:

Hmm, either a '70s movie, or a movie set in the '70s.... Yeah, definitely not one we've watched together.

Boogie Nights was released in 1997, my movie is from the 90's as well.

1 hour ago, caprice said:

50 Shades of MasterChef!!

Master Chief? like Halo? Wait... what the hell is Masterchef?

1. Egavasc
  2. Aquarian1
  3. MarkHB
  4. TJtrack99
  5. HM
  • Love 1
(edited)
28 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

I'm thinking of that scene in Stripes where Bill Murray tickles his girlfriend with an egg beater.

I thought she was sitting on the stove and he was using a spatula. What a funny movie that was... ?

Thanks for the pic, Bob!

Edited by caprice
Cross-posting
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, caprice said:

Nine players? A couple more would make things easier, but I'm flexible.

@MarkHB, I'm totally going to find a way to work in "death by bacon."

Ooooh me! I really thought I had posted to add myself but apparently I was drunk! Can you add me please?

• Love 2

I promise, I hadn't forgotten about this! My intrepid assistant has received the introductory story and (hopefully) is looking for appropriate GIFs to go with it.

PMs will be coming soon.

• Love 2

Introduction

Previously on 50 Shades Of Masterchef...  people signed up, babies were made, PM's were sent out!

giphy.gif

The studio kitchen was dimly lit and very quiet. A few production assistants were moving among the stations to make sure everything was in place. Another was nervously hurrying to a room behind the pantry, carrying two cups of coffee.

Inside that room, Gordon and Graham were discussing their pre-game strategy for dealing with the contestants in their first edition of Celebrity Master Chef. The grumpy Brit barked a brisk, "Enter!" at the sound of the PA bumping the door. He definitely needed his coffee.

"I don't know, Gordon," Graham mused. "It's not like we can really predict how alliances might form with this group. Since we've only been able to sign four women, we can't really go with Battle of the Sexes."

Gordon glared at the PA, sipped his coffee and snarled something about a lack of flavor in the bitter brew. The PA was too busy running from the room to hear it.

"Just as well, Graham... it's a tired trope anyway." He stood and mustered a grin. "I need to check something before they all get here. See you in make-up in fifteen minutes?"

Still Cookin':

• egavasc
  • aquarian1
  • MarkHB
  • TJtrack99
  • Hanged Man
  • The Crazed Spruce
  • Muumuuchainsmoker
  • Oinky Boinky
  • Jesse
  • Lisin

The Day 1 story will be up when we're done doing the thing.  (Probably tonight.)

• Love 2

tumblr_inline_mmz15nY7g61qz4rgp.gif

Day 1

It was time.

Graham had double-checked the pantry, Gordon had double-checked his gel, and the nervous PA double-checked the names at each cooking station. According to her orders, the rows would be three, two, three and two.

The back row had been assigned to Rachael Ray and Bobby Flay, mostly because Gordon didn't want to have to hear them as easily from the front of the room. In front of them, Padma Lakshmi would stand with Mario Batali and Guy Fieri.

Nigella Lawson and Emeril would be able to take over the second row while Giada, Curtis Stone and Wolfgang Puck were at the front of the room. Graham had managed to talk Gordon out of having an all-female front row, fortunately. He didn't think he'd be able to keep a straight face if the Brit never left the front row.  

129158-Giada-De-Laurentiis-is-a-Great-0Y    (She's talking about food, pervert.)

At last, the lights came on, the doors opened and the celebrity chefs entered the room to take their stations, whether or not they were ready.

Once Graham was through with the welcome, Gordon immediately barked, "Your first challenge is to create a stunning appetizer, featuring persimmons. You have one hour. Go!"

Guy was overheard muttering something that sounded like, "Gonna be hell, baby, gonna be hell."

guy-fieri-gif.gif

There is 1 clue in the story.   6 votes are required for a lynch.

Day will end at 10pm Central on Friday, or when a DL is completed, whichever comes first.  

Still Cookin':

1. egavasc
  2. aquarian1
  3. MarkHB
  4. TJtrack99
  5. Hanged Man
  6. The Crazed Spruce
  7. Muumuuchainsmoker
  8. Oinky Boinky
  9. Jesse
  10. Lisin
  • Love 1
(edited)

Oh, heck. I forgot to italicize "stunning" in Gordo's direction at the end. Any of you who have seen him on his shows will know what I mean.

And @Drogo, you pick some of the best GIFs. *hug*

Edited by caprice
proper punctuation
  • Love 2

I was thinking at first that the hosts were the villains, and the contestants were the villagers, but there are only ten players, so that doesn't quite line up.  It'll probably take a round or two before we even know who the bad guys are supposed to be. (Besides Guy Fieri, of course, 'cause he's the worst...)

• Love 1

I still want to see Guy Fieri and Kevin Smith do a project together.  Maybe a movie about derelicts eating pasta...

26 minutes ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

I was thinking at first that the hosts were the villains, and the contestants were the villagers

Mutiny against Gordon!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, egavasc said:

i don't really even know what's going on/how this game is supposed to work. But I'm here and I'm good so please don't DL me? 

*Mod Note*

I know there's a bit of confusion going on and I do apologize for that. First, if you weren't specifically told that you are part of a team with Night Actions, you may consider yourself a "hero."

Second, this is intended to be LOLMafia, and that aspect will be made clearer in the next story. By LOL, I mean that it's going to be very silly so just enjoy the ride! How is a game titled "50 Shades of" anything NOT going to be ridiculous? ?

You should all feel free to send me and @Drogo any questions, or even post them here if they are not character-specific.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

I was thinking at first that the hosts were the villains, and the contestants were the villagers, but there are only ten players, so that doesn't quite line up.  It'll probably take a round or two before we even know who the bad guys are supposed to be. (Besides Guy Fieri, of course, 'cause he's the worst...)

Gordon, Graham, and the PA as villains, maybe?? (I've never watched MasterChef, are there not three judges like on most competition shows?)