Type keyword(s) to search

Breaking Bad Mafia

• Start Topic

So 10 players that means around 3 villains  I am going to say Gus, Jesse and Walter are bad guys? I don't know, there are more bad guys in the show than good guys.

Could someone clear up how many bad guys there are and who they are? That'd be great

• Love 1
  • Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Hanged Man said:

Could someone clear up how many bad guys there are and who they are? That'd be great

Well, half the fun is figuring that out for ourselves. :)

2 minutes ago, Hanged Man said:

So 10 players that means around 3 villains  I am going to say Gus, Jesse and Walter are bad guys? I don't know, there are more bad guys in the show than good guys.

It's probably like the zombie round I ran in TWoP's old Heroes Mafia game.  We're all bad guys, and have to figure out who's the good guys. (I didn't watch the show, so I'm guessing one of 'em's Walter's brother-in-law, the FBI agent, whose name escapes me at the moment.)

• Love 1

It's possible that we're looking for the good guys.  ie:  We're trying to get rid of the police.

Hank Schrader, Steven Gomez, George Merkert, and maybe Tim Roberts.

34 minutes ago, Hanged Man said:

I am 99.9% sure you have that wrong.  Actually ignore that figure. You are wrong but I am not sure how to compute the percentage I am sure of.  

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Drogo said:

The best part of any game is when @Hanged Man requests for the Villains to come forward and thanks them in advance for their cooperation. 

The best part is when I do it and I am a villain.

I am not a villain this game.

25 minutes ago, Oinky Boinky said:

I am 99.9% sure you have that wrong.  Actually ignore that figure. You are wrong but I am not sure how to compute the percentage I am sure of. 

See now that's interesting. So maybe Walter and Jesse aren't bad guys but Gus, Tuco, and Gus' tio are bad guys? Or instead of Gus' tio it could be Mike Ermantraut

Ah I bet this is what it is: Bad guys are Gus, Mike and Viktor. Gus is ringleader, Mike is investigator and Viktor is bodyguard.

1 hour ago, CuriousParker said:

It's possible that we're looking for the good guys.  ie:  We're trying to get rid of the police.

Hmm.... I had not considered that.

• Love 1

I'm here, but nothing jumped out at me as being particularly clue-ish. 

And I'm a Hero, or whatever we're calling the majority (a.k.a. not the informed minority, usually referred to as Villains, lol).

Will re-read tonight, but I'm usually ok with no DL on Day 1.

• Love 1

I agree that "confections" seems a little weird, but that's about it.

That blog post about acts of creation seems to be a Father Ted thing, because of course it is.

22 hours ago, Hanged Man said:

Gus' tio

Do you mean Hector Salamanca (often called Tio)? He was Tuco's tio, not Gus's, not that it probably matters at all.

• Love 1

I've been around and around with confections and creation (Genesis, Adam, Eve, Snake) and Jesse Cook.

I've looked for patterns and hidden words.

I will be the first to say we have too few to make a bad DL so I am not pressing for a day one DL.

Also not according to form - I will not ask for protection tonight.  I'm just that humble ;-P

also - I am a good guy

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Oinky Boinky said:

we have too few to make a bad DL

I agree that a bad lynch is bad... esp. with these numbers, but hate the No-DL Day 1 since Villains don't do a No-Kill Night 1.  Worse, we don't get any voting records to reference later. 

Alas, we are almost out of time to do anything.

• Love 1

Hmm... well we don't seem to be making much progress on this.

I don't like day 1 DLs though I do like votes and discussion.

Hopefully we heroes have an investigator on our side, I am not one but if someone has received the gift of insight I hope they use it judiciously.

• Love 1

Fortunately/unfortunately a Day Lynch is no longer possible. We are now in Twilight and those with Twilight actions have twelve hours to get those in. Thanks y'all. Game talk may continue until the night story has posted.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Oinky Boinky said:

What do you think of WW dialing his phone to Jesse Cook. Kind of anachronistic or do we still say that - we punch people up or tell skyvi to call them.

Where are you thinking that might lead us to? Or who, I suppose is more accurate. Yeah, I think people still talk about dialing in, whether or not they have an actual rotary phone.

• Love 1

I didn't watch the show but this "Main Characters" list from the BB Wiki looks like a good jumpoff point.

1. Walter White
  2. Skyler White
  3. Jesse Pinkman
  4. Hank Schrader
  5. Marie Schrader
  6. Walter White Jr.
  7. Saul Goodman
  8. Gus Fring
  9. Mike Ehrmantraut
  10. Lydia Rodarte-Quayle
  11. Todd Alquist

Adding some affiliation info, since we don't know what the hell hero/villain means in this game yet, and a few more people since Hanged Man said so. This is as of early season 3, since that's when the story seems to take place, I think – there was only a very brief time when all of Walt, Jesse, and Gale cooked together, right? Bold for mentioned in the story.

Walt's main gang:

1. Walter White (antihero)
  2. Jesse Pinkman (Walt's partner but nicer than him, definitely hero)
  3. Saul Goodman (crooked lawyer)

Family:

1. Skyler White (Walt's wife, probably hero, helps him out at some points)
  2. Walter White Jr. (Walter/Skyler's teenage son, not really involved in the bad stuff)
  3. Holly White (Baby daughter, doubtful she's a character)

Jesse-related people:

1. Badger (Jesse's buddy)
  2. Skinny Pete (Jesse's buddy)
  3. Combo (Jesse's buddy, died in S2 because of them)
  4. Jane (Jesse's girlfriend who Walt let die of a heroin overdose in S2)
  5. Andrea (Jesse's later girlfriend-ish)
  6. Brock (Andrea's son)

Cops:

1. Hank Schrader (Walt's brother-in-law, DEA agent)
  2. Marie Schrader (Skyler's sister/Hank's wife, on Hank's team)
  3. Steven Gomez (Hank's partner)

Gus's organization:

1. Gus Fring (meth kingpin, Walt/Jesse work for him but end up killing him)
  2. Mike Ehrmantraut (fixer for Gus, total badass)
  3. Gale Boetticher (chemist who worked

Cartel (partnered with but distinct from Gus):

1. Tuco Salamanca (crazy, dead at this point probably)
  2. Hector (Tio) Salamanca (old guy in wheelchair, Tuco's uncle)
  3. The Cousins, Leonel and Marco Salamanca (Tuco's cousins, silent twin axemen, big antagonists in S3)
  4. Don Eladio (Gus's boss who he hates because history; doesn't really come up until S4)

Not in the show until later:

1. Lydia (supplier / distributor of their drugs in S5)
  2. Todd (psychopath guy who works with them in S5, doesn't work out well)
  3. Todd's Nazi uncle(?) and friends

That's 25 characters, so we don't have nearly all of them, but I think almost all of the characters should be from one of those lists.

• Love 1

Night 1

A little outside downtown Albuquerque, in a copper colored pueblo-style house in a neighborhood of pueblo houses, the Schraders ate their evening meal together. Hank was drinking one of his home brewed “Schraderbrau” beers and talking a little shop with his wife. He had had a long day at the office and talking to Marie was always a great way to decompress.

“So just as quickly as the blue meth appeared, it disappeared. There’s none to be found anywhere in Albuquerque.”

“None?” Marie asked in surprise. The blue meth was the source of much of her husband’s frustrations lately. It couldn’t have just gone away.

“None in Albuquerque. That’s the thing. You can’t find it anywhere in New Mexico. But it’s started popping up in Tucson, El Paso, even Denver.”

“That’s….” Marie started to say.

“Not good.” Hank finished. “Not good at all. Our boy has got himself a distribution system in place now. The big fish has moved out of the small pond. He’s being more careful, keeping his home safe. It’ll be a lot harder to catch him now.”

“But you will.” Marie said, trying to be reassuring. “You always do. You always find their mistakes.”

“I don’t know if this kinda guy makes mistakes. But he’s a drug dealer. He has to.”

Meanwhile in a rundown apartment complex outside the city, Jesse Pinkman was meeting up with two of his friends. Badger and Skinny Pete, a pair of fellow drug dealers and users, were hoping that Jesse would be bringing some of his product. He had stopped selling and they missed their cheap fix. This night they were going to be lucky.

“Yo!” Jesse said, entering Badger’s apartment. “Who’s ready to party?!”

“Oh man, you brought the blue stuff!” Badger said excitedly.

“Hell yeah bitch. What else would I bring?” Jesse said, as he pulled the ziploc out of his pocket and placed the bag onto the kitchen table.  

“Shit man, that’s a lot. Like a lot a lot. That’s gunna be some party.” Chimed in Skinnny Pete. Jesse’s bag of blue crystal was much bigger than either of his friends expected.

“We’re not going to party, yo. We’re going to sell it.”

“But, I thought you were just cooking man. Doesn’t your new boss man not want you on the street? You can’t find the blue stuff anywhere anymore.” Badger asked.

“Yeah bitch, exactly. We’ll be the only stuff on the street. We’ll be making mad stacks yo. And I can just skim some off the top when we do the big cook. Win win yo.“  

“Alright! Let’s party!” Skinny Pete said excitedly as he took a hit.

Still Breaking Bad

• TJTrack99 
  • HangedMan 
  • CuriousParker 
  • Drogo 
  • MuuMuuChainsmoker 
  • The Crazed Spruce 
  • Oinky Boinky 
  • caprice 
  • Dougal 
  • SVNBob

There are no clues in the story. Night actions need to be in by approx. 8:15pm EST Friday. Bar is open!

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Drogo said:

The language in that story!  My fucking virgin ears! 

Shirley Temple, please. 

YOMANK!

Which is actually pretty interesting seeing as how your "virgin ears" made me laugh so hard it also sent coffee up my nose.

• Love 1

For you all! The Day 2 story will go up tomorrow morning. Also I realized it's Daylight time not Standard time so I'm a real dummy. Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend and enjoying the fine consumables at the bar! 

• Love 2

Day 2

Gus Fring sat in his office going over spreadsheets. His back perfectly straight, each movement precise as he scanned the paperwork to be certain that he was seeing what he thought he saw. He made it this far in life by being extremely cautious. Every detail had to be examined for accuracy. Every penny accounted for. This consideration led to Gus’s success in business, both legal and illegal. What he saw before him gave him cause for concern. The production rates coming out of the superlab were slightly off. He trusted Gale to provide him with accurate accounts of how much of the various chemicals they used in production and the calculations of how much total product would result. Based on the data in the spreadsheet, the production rates weren’t matching the margin rates of chemicals used. Simply put, there wasn’t as much meth as there should be. His newest employees may be causing problems and something must be done. But first he would talk Gale, see if he was aware of something being amiss. Plus it would give him an opportunity to enjoy some of Gale’s coffee. His chemist brewed the best in the southwest.

At the carwash, Skyler White pursed her ruby red lips together. She was trying to find a way to make the numbers add up the way she needed them to. She had worked some accounting magic for her former employer Ted Beneke to fudge the books but she had never had to work with this much money to add in. Laundering the money her husband brought in was going to be difficult; explaining how the car wash brought in that much cash would be tricky. And the counting cards lie was barely holding water anymore. But she would do it. That money was going to take care of their family when the cancer finally took Walt. It would pay for college for Walter Jr and Holly. She would never have to worry about providing for them.

The phone at her desk rang, distracting her. She picked up, “Hello, A1A Carwash, this is Skyler. How may I help you?”

“Hey Skyler, it’s Marie” The voice on the other line said. “Just checking to make sure that we’re still on for dinner tonight. Taco Tuesday!”

“Taco Tuesday.” Skyler replied. Those margaritas could not come too soon. “We’ll be there.”

Still Breaking Bad

• TJTrack99 
  • HangedMan 
  • CuriousParker 
  • Drogo 
  • MuuMuuChainsmoker 
  • The Crazed Spruce 
  • Oinky Boinky 
  • caprice 
  • Dougal 
  • SVNBob

There is 1 clue in the story. Day will end at approx. 8:30pm EDT Monday. Good luck. 

• Love 2

Yeah, that's weird. Nothing in the story really seems like an attempt, either. I don't remember – how closely does egavasc usually reflect gameplay in the story?

Also seeing absolutely nothing in the way of clues.

1 minute ago, MuuMuuChainsmoker said:

Lots of hits when you Google SVN and Ruby.

Skeptical. SVN ("subversion") is a common tool used by programmers, Ruby is a programming language, but they have no special connection beyond that as far as I know – svn is actually probably less common among Ruby programmers than many other languages.

• Love 1

It's like deja vous all over again.

Maybe the Villains can only kill alternating nights. That would be new and great. 

More likely they forgot to submit one because weekend.

15 minutes ago, Dougal said:

Skeptical. SVN ("subversion") is a common tool used by programmers, Ruby is a programming language, but they have no special connection beyond that as far as I know – svn is actually probably less common among Ruby programmers than many other languages.

I'll take your word for it.  I'm more the Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer type when it comes to technology.  :). 

In any event, "ruby red" seems very un-Skyler to me.  Does anyone want to admit to secretly being a grapefruit? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MuuMuuChainsmoker said:

In any event, "ruby red" seems very un-Skyler to me.  Does anyone want to admit to secretly being a grapefruit? 

She is generally associated with blue on the show, but she definitely does sometimes wear bright red lipstick (example)....

• Love 1

The only thing I saw is lame but here it is anyway.

It struck me that both parties were in the act of accounting.  I searched for famous accountants and the very first one is Bob Newhart.

I do not think this is correct.  I'm just saying that it's the only thing I found.

3 minutes ago, Oinky Boinky said:

What is the 'counting cards lie' 

Walt and Skyler lied to the rest of their family (Walt Jr, Hank, Marie) that Walt had actually made his drug money by counting cards at blackjack (I think? some card game anyway).

Yeah, they are both accountants, but both are things that happened on the show, so who knows?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Drogo said:

The part about Gus' back being perfectly straight seems a little off.

For those who watched the show, what words and phrases stick out as non-story?  

None really.  Sorry.

2 minutes ago, Drogo said:

The part about Gus' back being perfectly straight seems a little off.

Read as character to me. This is a guy who carefully folds a towel beneath his knees before vomiting out poison he just (intentionally) drank.

Really, nothing stood out to me in any of the stories...I'll take another pass through soon, though.

• Love 1