Blackadder Mafia

• Start Topic

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 21 August 2016 at 2:57 PM, MuuMuuChainsmoker said:

An imperious looking fellow with an oranate feathered hat announced

This caught my eye, yes it could be a typo but could also be on purpose; so I've been looking up ORA and ORAN. Nothing to report yet but wanted to put it out there so other eyes can maybe take a look too.

• Love 2

It's not flailing, @Hanged Man it's trying to find and kill bad people! 

I don't blame you @Lisin for being suspicious of me since I found a possible clue in your direction earlier- not a clue I liked, but a clue nonetheless.  I do appreciate that you're willing to vouch for someone which at least moves us forward instead of standing still...  I'm harmless in this game, but if I get killed it won't be for lack of effort.  FWIW, I don't like my @Jesse clue the more I'm thinking about it because our host isn't from the States, so I don't think the Packers mean as much for her as they do to me.  Plus @Lisin has her back.

Clues are hard.  As per usual, I am suspicious of the folks who haven't been talking at all and usually do.   I think I will jump on any DL that starts right now, especially if we haven't seen contribution from the player. 

• Love 1

All I have is that I can confirm what @Lisin said.

It's kind of sad. After I finally found a few clues in the last game, I'm back to my usual inability to see much of anything. Perhaps after a few more readings....

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:
On 8/21/2016 at 9:57 AM, MuuMuuChainsmoker said:

An imperious looking fellow with an oranate feathered hat announced

This caught my eye, yes it could be a typo but could also be on purpose; so I've been looking up ORA and ORAN. Nothing to report yet but wanted to put it out there so other eyes can maybe take a look too.

I liked this as a possibility, so I started looking into it a bit. It doesn't really have anything to do with the typo, but here's an ornate feathered hat. Check out the model name:

http://stefenohats.myshopify.com/collections/straw-hats/products/zedora

• Love 2

Sorry y'all! Long day at work and I'm just now catching up. I promise I'm good, if not all together useful! And I'm not saucy enough, god save me, to best portray my role. 

I like the feathered hat, although it may be really obscure? I'm bad at making and finding clues so who knows. 

I'll echo the suspicions of OB being silent. Usually much more vocal. Curious. 

3 hours ago, Hanged Man said:

I was wondering if 47 had something to do with leetspeak, thus 47 would be AT and then pounds, so I thought at and pounds would be @# which is 2 and 3, and 23 is my favorite number but only like 2 other people on the boards know (knew) this, so I successfully found a clue pointing to myself that no one would know...

So there's that.

And no my love of 23 has nothing to do with Jordan, it is a Color of Magic thing and also my initials.

This however might be my favorite post. I'm not sure I understand any of it? So there's that. 

• Love 2

Argh don't worry about me. I had to pick up my daughter at 5:30 AM and get us both to work - first on the agenda was a good nap so I can do it again tomorrow. 

There is no clue in the what was called night story correct?

So all we have is the first story items.  I have to read this discussion again. 

• Love 1

I am good, you guys.

What I am not good at is reading comprehension, because I thought I found an initials-related clue in the last story, but then remembered the person I was thinking of with the initials isn't even on this board and THEN I remembered there was no clue in that story.  

• Love 3

looking for a clue and I probably went down a rabbit hole...

We have... 

oranate

&

"raaaaather sexy."

that gives us 5 extra a (s)

I found:
aaaaa A Reckless Disregard for Gravity (a video game)
 youtube videos entitled aaaaa first one is a fight between Squirtle and Charmander (Pokemon) and then this one which I swear this is not a clue against me.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Jesse said:

I am good, you guys.

What I am not good at is reading comprehension, because I thought I found an initials-related clue in the last story, but then remembered the person I was thinking of with the initials isn't even on this board and THEN I remembered there was no clue in that story.  

I was also finding clues for people who aren't in this game. Don't feel bad. 

1 hour ago, Oinky Boinky said:

My denseness knows no bounds.

First two stories have one clue.

Current day story - 0

I spent a few hours today looking for clues in the 0-clue Day story. Don't feel bad. 

(I'm not convinced someone didn't drug us all.)

5 hours ago, Hanged Man said:

Well if I remember the series nearly everyone is a blithering idiot

That commercial? Skit? blurb? is awesome

oh so me continually referring to my stupidity is no role claim at all. 

Is there a most particularly stupid person? - maybe I'm that guy. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, egavasc said:

Hello lover! I'm your queen!

Indeed, Majesty. I do apologize for skulking about near your chambers last night but can confirm that I am your humble servant and you my Queen(ie). Baaah!

Between the hat and caprice's popping up right after Drogo said he was suspicious of people who usually talk and don't, I feel comfortable taking a shot today. We can't let another day go by without doing something.

1 to DL caprice (Dougal), 5 to ask the black sheep for her wool

• Love 1

Oh, pish on that idea. I've not had much to say and tend to get beat about the head a bit if I talk too much anyway. Besides, I really am heroic-like.

Anyway, I call sheganin... sheengain... I call shite on this claiming roles business. Why keep playing if we're going to do that?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Dougal said:

Between the hat and caprice's popping up right after Drogo said he was suspicious of people who usually talk and don't, I feel comfortable taking a shot today. We can't let another day go by without doing something.

That's true, it was literally within a few minutes, just in time to avoid being on a Lisin-List™ of inactive players.  In the Championship game they call that 'beetlejuicing' (watching quietly then posting after someone says your name/you're in trouble.)  

I said yesterday that I would join any DL that started, so I'll hop into bed with this one, it's nothing new for me..  I've already hopped into bed with plenty of you. 

2 to DL caprice (Dougal, Drogo), 4 to ask the black sheep for her wool

• Love 1
On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 2:16 PM, Drogo said:
51 minutes ago, Drogo said:

That's true, it was literally within a few minutes, just in time to avoid being on a Lisin-List™ of inactive players.  In the Championship game they call that 'beetlejuicing' (watching quietly then posting after someone says your name/you're in trouble.)  

I said yesterday that I would join any DL that started, so I'll hop into bed with this one, it's nothing new for me..  I've already hopped into bed with plenty of you. 

2 to DL caprice (Dougal, Drogo), 4 to ask the black sheep for her wool

Clues are hard.  As per usual, I am suspicious of the folks who haven't been talking at all and usually do.   I think I will jump on any DL that starts right now, especially if we haven't seen contribution from the player

Is this one of those "damned if you do, damned if you don't" things? I'd likely been reading while you posted and ended up getting my thoughts in just after. My ability to confidently state that Lisin was right about Jesse isn't a contribution?

• Love 1

OB- Lisin vouched for Jesse, which makes me personally think they're not villains. That would be an extremely ballsy villain move for Day 1. Probably masons or maybe Lisin has a night action and she looked at Jesse. Nothing concrete or confirmed but that's just what I'm feeling. 

• Love 1

Night 2

Lord Blackadder was mightily upset about the untimely death of his pal Flash.  Granted, he wasn’t that distraught about Flash’s brutal murder—he had always suspected that Flash was the kind of guy who would steal your bride at the altar.  But he was back to square 1 on the fundraising front.  He trudged despondently into his front door only to find those half-wits Percy and Baldrick huddled around a bunch of beakers  and primitive lab equipment. 

“Edmund, you’re just in time!  I’m about to transform these base metals into gold.  All your financial woes will be over,” effused Lord Percy as he lit a fire under a large beaker.

“Percy, you idiot, don’t do th….” BOOOOOOOOMMM!  Edmund’s warning was interrupted by an explosion which sent large chunks of metal shrapnel flying all over the room.   A nasty looking chunk of metal whizzed dangerously close to his head. 

“PERCY!  Your head is as empty as a eunuch’s underpants! Your brain is so minute that if a hungry cannibal cracked your head open, there wouldn’t be enough to cover a small water biscuit!” shrieked Lord Blackadder.

“Don’t be too hard on him, M’Lord.  He was just trying to help you with his alchemy,” said Baldrick, cowering under a table.

“His ‘alchemy’ nearly got everyone decapitated!  Melchett and Nursie could have done a better job and they couldn’t find their backsides without a compass and a roadmap!”

Percy’s head popped out from behind a chair.  “Edmund, I’ve done it!  Your problems are over.  I hold here, in my mortal hand, a nugget of purest green.”  He thrust forward a handful of green goo.

hqdefault.jpg

Blackadder looked disgustedly back and forth between Percy and the green sludge.  “Baldrick, pack my bags.  I’m going to sell the house.  I've had some happy times here..when you and Percy have been out. But needs must when the devil vomits into your kettle. Baldrick, go forth into the streets and let it be known that Lord Blackadder wishes to sell his house. Percy, just go forth into the street.”

As Baldrick started to leave to find buyers for the house, Edmund noticed something.  “Baldrick, what’s that on your neck, besides the usual collection of dung and old cheese?”

“Hmmm.  It seems to be a piece of metal from the explosion,” Baldrick replied.  “I’ll just pull it out…”  Before Blackadder could warn him, Baldrick yanked the shrapnel from his neck.  Unfortunately for him, because the metal was the only thing keeping the wound closed, he quickly bled out all over Blackadder’s floor.

As Edmund pushed Baldrick’s lifeless body out into the gutter, he complained,  “I just cannot catch a break.  That bloodstain is really going to hurt the resale value of this house.”

There is 1 clue in the above story.  

Night has begun.  The dead may speak.   You have 36 hours to get your Night actions in.  

Still alive in Elizabethan times:

• egavasc
  • CuriousParker
  • Drogo
  • SilverStormm
  • HM
  • Lisin
  • TCS
  • Oinky Boinky
  • Dougal
  • Jesse

Another new freckle on the nose of the giant pixie

SVN Bob You are Lord Flashheart, a Hero Jack of All Trades.  You are Flash by name, flash by nature! (“Hooray!”)  You are well known as the best sword, the best shot, the best sailor and the best kisser in the Kingdom.   Though nominally friends with your old pal “Eddie” Blackadder, you are not above stealing his bride at the altar.

As a Jack of All Trades, you have the Nightime powers of Seer, Protector and Vigilante.  Each power may be used only ONCE and may not be used on the same Night. 

caprice  You are Baldrick, a Hero Weak Seer.  You are a devoted dogsbody/companion to Edmund Blackadder in all his incarnations.  Unfortunately, you also have deplorable hygiene, an inability to grasp the simplest of concepts and an bizarre fondness for turnips.  You frequently proclaim to have a “cunning plan” to get your pal Blackadder out of a jam, proving that you don’t understand the meaning of the word “cunning”.  Or “plan” for that matter. 

As a Weak Seer, you may investigate one player per Night.  However, because your cunning plans rarely ever benefit anyone involved, you will only return a result 1/3 of the time (based on a random role of the dice).

• Love 1