Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: Secret, Secret, I've Got a Secret

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, seasons said:

Oh gosh, I hope that she doesn't work in a hospice environment... 

Angela is absolutely not the final thing I'd want to see before I checked out. My corpse face would be frozen frightened.

• LOL 17
  • Love 6
On 9/6/2019 at 8:59 PM, humbleopinion said:

What are the occupations of

Rebecca

Big Ange

Big Ange is a cooler at the Double Deuce. 2k per week, and all her medical paid.

thank god I have found her. She’s my new favorite reality person. Those guys must of crapped their pants when this huge woman with snake eyes and a cigarette hanging out her mouth got out of the car. 

• LOL 19
  • Love 3

Maybe Avery should have told her mother from the get-go that there is a dowry involved. What if her parents don't have the cash? Will she still be in a rush to marry a dude she does not even know all that well? Syria is not a luxury resort. She is in for probably living in some tent in some camp of sorts. No water, no power, no nice hot showers, being dirty, not much food. She may need a course correction soon.

Darcey, please stop being so desperate and let things run their course. Stop rushing - getting some dude in to your bed, always mentioning marriage. You will drive him away. Getting in to that evening outfit was painful. No nice comfortable cocktail dress and a simple pair of pumps? Tom's friends were certainly unique. Ab Fab meets 90 Day meets Little Shop of Horrors. Of course they don't like the blinged out brash American.

Big Ange and Michael. Yikes. The course of true love or bringing him over to meet his idol is not running smooth. She must be really worth the Green Card. Brash, abrasive, rude.... go home Ange.

Benjamin really sticks out in Africa. Show, we did not need to see him in the shower, complete with a lot of back hair. Ugh. Interesting that Akini's father didn't show up to meet him. He also should not have to live with her brother. What is with all of these special 'meals'? Serve something normal. Akini does not need or want to be the Bride of Benjamin.

Tim's big secret was a former girlfriend? Jeniffer, you have a kid with someone else. You have no business making demands on him. Tim did seem to have womanly hips and maybe just needs a different more flattering style of jeans to wear. Jeniffer seems to be a controlling powderkeg. Both seem really mismatched, have nothing in common, are just in this for some sort of financial transaction.

Rebecca, you didn't really make a good impression on Zied's family. The tattoos are a no-no, there is the age difference, you broke a knickknack. And you were snooping in Zied's room and checking out his stuff. Wait til Zied finds out you are married too. Drive to the airport and fast!

Caesar, you may want to rethink this whole thing with Maria or whoever is on the other end of the phone. You sent her all this money and she couldn't pay for her own plane ticket? Where is this money going? Does she ever send you things like grocery receipts to let you know how she spends it? Don't know who he was talking to on the phone about the ticket, but he should have been given the confirmation number or checked online to see when the plane left the Ukraine. Maybe the show will pay for a ticket for him to see Maria there and we can see if she really exists, is a dude, a scam agency, etc.

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Maybe Avery should have told her mother from the get-go that there is a dowry involved. What if her parents don't have the cash?

I thought Omar had to pay the dowry to Avery's family, but I might have misunderstood it. I just don't get the logic behind dowries. It seems so archaic to me.

• Love 17

Yes, the groom's family pays the dowry to the wife's family.

As Omar was explaining, this is really the only financial benefit the woman will ever get.  I was shocked when he said with a divorce, the woman only gets around 8% of the total assets.  

$6000 seems an extremely small amount to pay in that circumstance, but then again, I guess that's why so many women view marriage as so "sacred".  They literally cannot leave.

If Avery goes through with this marriage, she is so screwed.  

• Love 15
1 minute ago, Frozendiva said:

I looked it up and it is for the groom but there was also a mention of a 'dowry' that the bride's family pays. Avery becomes Omar's property.

Interesting....I didn't know the dowry could go the other way, from bride to groom.

Either way, you're right....Avery becomes Omar's property, and he is free to take on additional wives.

While he does seem like a nice guy, I have to wonder about his motives, i.e. moving from Syria to the U.S.

I can't believe she's going through all this for a religion she just converted to, 6 months ago.  

• Love 11
34 minutes ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Did Avery's mom REALLY not know what a dowry was??

28 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

I'm sure she knew, but the question is, does Mother Avery have to pay Omar to dump the brat, or does Omar need to bargain to purchase her?

Avery's mother, Teri, didn't know what a dowry is. She didn't know what an imam was. "Are you the...ummm...holy man?" She doesn't seem to understand that there are moderate Muslims. She's the same fucking genius who doesn't seem to understand that if Omar doesn't get a K-1 visa, Omar and Avery would obviously be living in a foreign country. There's no way Teri's ignorant ass knew what a dowry was.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
7 minutes ago, Sterling said:

I can't believe she's going through all this for a religion she just converted to, 6 months ago.  

This religion is just a fad to Avery. She doesn't actually commit to anything; her brother spilled tea on her. I think, like with most of the pukes on this show, that she made up this whole story to get on this show and be "famous".

• Useful 1
  • Love 17

A $6000 dowry isn't much. A few months' US rent or mortgage payments.

People do fall in love, and at a young age. Maybe if Avery was a bit older, had a degree or some education, and had a job/career, things may be different - she would have some basic life skills and be able to help herself and support herself and solve her problems.

She seems to be looking to escape. And jumping in to one large frying pan. She may decide two months from now that she doesn't like Islam and will move on to something else. Unfortunately she will be 'married' and it's not that easy to get out. She has known Omar for a few days. It's a glorious adventure and maybe there'll be a TV movie about her someday.

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I would hate to think what would happen to Benjamin if he wasn't travelling with a camera crew. 

He may be the first person that I've been legitimately concerned about in terms of personal safety. Brother Aykini is kinda scary and the rest of the entourage isn't giving out welcoming vibes. 

• Love 16
57 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Big Ange is a cooler at the Double Deuce. 2k per week, and all her medical paid.

thank god I have found her. She’s my new favorite reality person. Those guys must of crapped their pants when this huge woman with snake eyes and a cigarette hanging out her mouth got out of the car. 

I think Big Ang also brought her Coke bottle out to the throwdown with her.  Don't mess with a woman's time with her Coke'n'smokes!

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

Benjamin is dorky but I don’t see what he has done that was so bad. Akini contacted him and invited him to her home, he didn’t force himself on anything. He also was expecting to stay in a Air b&b and maybe he thought he would have time to buy a gift and find out the expectations of her family.’

Tim is very unattractive, but he didn’t hide his face from Jennifer and she should have got some sense of his personality by now. Tom is a dud in looks and personality. I did get a Ross from friends flashback when Darcy was trying to get into that horrible outfit. Oh, and big Ang is either 100% acting or nuts. Michael doesn’t seem too upset by her though.

• LOL 3
  • Love 21
13 minutes ago, Sterling said:

Interesting....I didn't know the dowry could go the other way, from bride to groom.

Either way, you're right....Avery becomes Omar's property, and he is free to take on additional wives.

While he does seem like a nice guy, I have to wonder about his motives, i.e. moving from Syria to the U.S.

I’m in my late 40’s and a friend from school was married in 1999. She is Vietnamese and married a Vietnamese gentleman. 

I was super surprised to find out at the reception, super traditional in their culture, that her parents were paying him a dowry. It was $32,000. I’m from the Deep South and minded my manners, curiosity be damned all these years, so I have no idea how they arrived at that figure. The transaction was a focal point during the beautiful reception. 

I walked away from the night with two things on my mind:

1. How did her circa 1973 immigrant parents, with only the father working outside the home, afford such a dowry? They didn’t take on debt and bought only what they could afford, for their family of 9, in cash. They sent their children to Catholic school and paid tuition K-12 so their budget was tight. 

2. I thanked God on behalf of the parents that their other 6 children are male 😉

I literally *just* realized that in the time it took me to write this post, I could have Googled the subject matter 😂 Hard to believe I’ve been Googling less than 20 years, based on the wedding year of 1999. Crazy!!! Now, off to do my Google search...

• Useful 4
  • Love 5

What the hell was that glop slop Jeniffer served up to her grandparents...with fries, no less.

Tim wearing that mint green woman’s blouse with the button sleeves...grandpa ‘s not getting a good first impression with this fem man.

Complete fake drama with a glass of beer....good toss Jeniffer

Benjamin’s ignorance so annoying...his failure to properly greet Akinky’s mother...to pass by her and turn his back to her....What a dolt!

Another major faux pas...no bringing of gifts...flowers, fruit, special foods...why didn’t he read online what  is expected of a guest....especially a suitor.

Bennie deserves to be macheted and run out of the country....He really is Culturally inconsiderate and over his head...Fidel is not impressed

• Love 7

Probably what happened to Caesar regarding the airline ticket is that the initial transaction went through just fine.  Then it got bumped to the fraud division at the bank because it was a ticket purchased from the US for a ticket from the Ukraine to Cancun.  The bank reversed the charge on Caesar's behalf, and the reservation was then cancelled by the airline.

Were the candy undies opened on the bed?  Did he get the munchies?  Is he trying out the underwear?  Inquiring minds...

Tim is either a drama queen, or he's completely clueless.  He needs to learn to shut up about Veronica, and any past girlfriends.  Sometimes omissions and little white lies are the kindest things to do. There wasn't ANY REASON for him to mention to Jenniffer that Veronica called him to make sure he made it there safely. JUST SHUT UP!

For people saying that he used to be a woman, I don't see how that would be possible with the VERY deep voice he has.  He's just a girly man, who unfortunately has BO in the morning, according to Jenniffer.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 15

Rouchelle’s boobs look menacing....she greased them shiny for her teevee debut

Daisy was third wheeling...she can be proud she never slept with Tom

How was Darcey supposed to stuff herself back into her pleather pants after her pee at the bar..she had a drink, blew up like SpongeBob and has to stuff her bloaty self into already tight pants...

Think 8 pounds flour into a 5pound sack.....not gonna be pretty 

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

If the episode aired tonight then why are there 2 pages of this thread on the episode from earlier this week?

I didn't want to believe that Caesar orchestrated this whole thing to showcase his acting, but this episode proved it to me. If he bought the ticket and his payment was declined, he would have been notified immediately. There's no reason for him to be surprised. But this way, he's not out extra money but is able to continue the charade that Maria's not able to visit him yet again.

I can't unsee Darcey in that ultra tight shiny outfit.

Oh and leave it to production to change last week's "uh oh Michael and Angela might be getting kidnapped" to "tow truck dispute over a no parking zone".

Edited by futurechemist
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, Dobian said:

My new nickname for Avery is Scooter Pie.

Loved the mom's comment about removing Rebecca's tattoos.  "What are we supposed to do, chop her hands off?"  Technically that wouldn't solve the problem, since she would now be handless but still have two tattoo sleeves.

Darcey, why don't you just window shop for bridal gowns with Tom next?  And why does Darcey have to dress like a hooker for every single outing?

I would much rather spend a night hanging out with Tom's ex than with Darcey.

Just drive away and your problems are over, Michael.  Maybe Angela will be eaten by lions or shot by rebels on the way home.

I'm sick of the whole Caesar story.  It's obvious they are just manipulating the audience by stringing this thing along week after week.  How would he not know the reservation was canceled?  Even if they didn't contact him, he would see that no money had been transferred from his account.  Fake.

So Tim's Colombian ex just conveniently texts him exactly when he is down in Colombia, and he makes sure to show it to Jennifer.  Another staged scenario.  TLC, can you at least try to make these dramas appear to be authentic?

In the voice of Meg Ryan, from When Harry Met Sally, regarding your post...….YES, YES, YES 

• LOL 7

Rebecca is well on her way to gnawing a hole in her mouth if she doesn’t stop with the chomping continuously from anxiety from being too old...being an infidel with tattoos that brings shame and embarrassment when exposed in public....and from being a lying liar...

Zied will go ballistic with anger when she tells him that she is still a married woman...to another Muslim man

Zied doesn’t know that Rebecca can’t get him a K1 visa since she sponsored her Moroccan husband.

Zied needs to find another American lady to romance...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

r. She’s my new favorite reality person. Those guys must of crapped their pants when this huge woman with snake eyes and a cigarette hanging out her mouth got out of the car. 

Angela tearing out of the car and getting into the middle of the scuffle was a hoot!

• LOL 10
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Benjamin is dorky but I don’t see what he has done that was so bad. Akini contacted him and invited him to her home, he didn’t force himself on anything. He also was expecting to stay in a Air b&b and maybe he thought he would have time to buy a gift and find out the expectations of her family.’

Tim is very unattractive, but he didn’t hide his face from Jennifer and she should have got some sense of his personality by now. Tom is a dud in looks and personality. I did get a Ross from friends flashback when Darcy was trying to get into that horrible outfit. Oh, and big Ang is either 100% acting or nuts. Michael doesn’t seem too upset by her though.

Bold 1 - Who goes to a third world country and expects to stay in an Air B&B?

Bold 2 - One of the funniest scenes in TV.  Leather pants, sweat and baby powder.........thanks Joey.

1 hour ago, Barbara Please said:

Either Tom has an attraction to aging thots with a Pretty Woman complex, or that is what production has created for the show. I'll go with the latter. 

Spot on!  She does look like the before shot in Pretty Woman.

2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Zied will go ballistic with anger when she tells him that she is still a married woman...to another Muslim man

Zied doesn’t know that Rebecca can’t get him a K1 visa since she sponsored her Moroccan husband.

[Rubs hands together...] I can't wait!!!!  She broke something in the house?  SO OVER.

2 hours ago, Honey said:

He's just a girly man, who unfortunately has BO in the morning, according to Jenniffer.

I have, literally, gone out and started someone's care in the middle of winter for less than that.

• LOL 2
5 hours ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Bay Beeeee I'm about to go on soshul media and make a killing. It can't be that hard from what I've learned so far at 90DF University. "Maria" says her flight was cancelled complete with a screen shot that clearly said RESERVATION CANCELLED and since Caesar Salad is a few croutons short, he thinks this is a sign that she definitely would have been on the plane this time. Let me get my bank card!

How sweet that MeeMaw Angela took a stand to defend her widdle Mahckle. Then of course she and her jowls had to mount that stallion. But then... he breathes too hard, giving her PTSD flashbacks and now he needs to get his shit and get out of her Georgia ass room. 

Tim is weird. His head looks transplanted onto  his body. A true scammer would have hit the jackpot with this one. No sex required. 

Tom's friend Roucelle is a mess and overly botoxed. She can't even move her upper lip like WTF

Did Avery's mom REALLY not know what a dowry was??

Isn't a dowry normally money (or livestock) paid by the bride's family to the groom's?  What Omar described sounded like a bride price.

Mother Halal Avery also might have figured that since Avery is a cow the dowry would be satisfied.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 9/2/2019 at 9:44 PM, jayfay said:

And spraining his ankle 🤣🤣🤣

Yes'm. How do you sprain your ankle during romantic activities? Did she chain him to the bed and throw him off? Drag him by the ankle and force him to participate? Dangle him from the ceiling fan? Inquiring minds really are afraid to find out. 😱

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

I physically felt the need to retch when  Mikahal and Refrigerator Ang were on screen. I could smell the b.o., stale nicotine, and denture cream.  Imagine the poor sods in the next room who had to hear the sexy time wheeze from Ang, and screams for a quick death from Michael. 

Except he wouldn't be able to scream with her sitting on his face.  Enjoy your breakfast...You're welcome.  😉

• LOL 10

So is it wrong that I understood the dowry should be paid to the bride's family because as reference point I have David and the water buffalo to Annie's parents. Remember? See, the show is educational! And Mother Avery was being very logical , inquiring what Omar;s sister's price was and then requesting the same. No gold digger there.

I posted on the couples forum but I loved it so much when Mother Avery commented that Avery has not been Muslim in summer yet (so who knows how she will deal with all the covering up attire). 

And yes, Tom's friends are straight out of  British satire. 

Don't know WHAT to think of Benjamin and Akiny. Also a very weak story line.

• Love 14
10 hours ago, Sterling said:

Yes, the groom's family pays the dowry to the wife's family.

As Omar was explaining, this is really the only financial benefit the woman will ever get.  I was shocked when he said with a divorce, the woman only gets around 8% of the total assets.  

$6000 seems an extremely small amount to pay in that circumstance, but then again, I guess that's why so many women view marriage as so "sacred".  They literally cannot leave.

If Avery goes through with this marriage, she is so screwed.  

If they move to Syria she is screwed.  If she can get him a US visa and he can eventually have a dental practice, she could make out fine, at least financially.  Unless she signs a prenup, that 8% tradition would not be enforceable in the US, and she would probably get more like 50%.  

• Love 2
9 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Caesar: I guess supper tonight will be those candy panties since he doesn't have money to buy anything else. 

He also ordered treats for the room. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • LOL 2

For some reason,  the posts I had marked to quote from disappeared.   

Regarding Benjamin staying in an AirBnB, he had said he rented an apartment for his stay but was told he had to stay with ther brother. At this point,  I'd go stay at the apartment. 

That "dowry" referred to by the "dentist" is different than the dowry David Poor was required to pay to Annie's family.  I kept going back to listen to what Dentist was saying.  He said it was an agreed upon amount in case the husband dies or they divorce.  What confused me was when Mom said $10,000.00, he said "I'm just a student"...I thought he was a dentist? 

That whole thing with Ceaser is so fishy.  If the credit card company made the decision to consider the transaction a fraud, they would have contacted him.  The "airline" guy said it was cancelled for "insufficient funds".  The whole story now sounds very fake. 

WTF is Big Ang's issues?  So what if Michael went out for a drink on his birthday.   And a picture on social media of Michael sitting on a boat dock with a girl sitting on a random bench in the background?  

Don't even have words for marriage obsessed Darcey.  She looked horrible in that black garbage bag outfit.  I wondered, too, how she was going to pee.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 21

American Express is pretty vigilant about CC fraud.  When I went to New Orleans for work I tried to pay for a $500 client dinner with my AMEX, which was declined.  I had no idea why because I had plenty of credit on the account.  To the vendor running my card it either looked like the card had declined for insufficient funds or they assumed I didn't have enough.  

I called American Express and they said that I had enough money, but they declined the card because the transaction was for a large amount and was out of my home state.  

For someone purchasing something online it may get flagged post purchase because the airline is probably domestic and it can't be fishy to buy an online ticket from a company based in another state.  

But a more thorough review might show that it's a fishy purchase because it's for a ticket for someone else other than the cardholder or someone with the same surname....and the round trip flight is originating out of the Ukraine.......and it's going to a third country the cardholder is not as resident of. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 9
17 minutes ago, alegtostandon said:

WTF is Big Ang's issues?  So what if Michael went out for a drink on his birthday.   And a picture on social media of Michael sitting on a boat dock with a girl sitting on a random bench in the background?  

Because we need the drama. We need to see her scream and fight. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Lizzing said:

Caesar's call with the "airline" was entirely staged.  It was too clear, to quick, and the "airline employee" had answers way too easily.  Plus, no "thank you for calling XYZ Airlines" at the end?  Nope, fake!

It showed an area code of 845 (outside NYC).  What airline or travel site does not have a toll free number?  

• Useful 4
Just now, DiamondGirl said:

It showed an area code of 845 (outside NYC).  What airline or travel site does not have a toll free number?  

There is a real company called Cheapo Air, that has a 845 number for Billing Support.  

The notification seemed a bit fake though.  I don't think they would write, "This FLIGHT is cancelled".  That makes it seem like the airline cancelled the flight, as opposed to the reservation being cancelled.  

• Love 5