Type keyword(s) to search

Futurama Mafia

• Start Topic

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might want to close sign ups sooner than planned, egavasc! We could get another dozen by Wednesday! ;)

The more the merrier I always say! And I did say that y'all are very responsive! But let's move that deadline up a little to Tuesday at noon Eastern, just to be safe. PMs will HOPEFULLY go out that afternoon but I make no promises. This is going to be fun! (I hope!)

• Love 6

MuuMuu if you are a villain, you can PM other villains. Otherwise all game talk has to be in this thread.

You can lie or not, hint at who you are...most people do not come right out and say.

The game is broke up into night and day...our esteemed mod will tell us when we can have game discussions, or when we just talk about life, the universe, and everything

• Love 3
(edited)

Rule #36:  Do not trust people in masks, or who possess six fingers on their right hand. 

Rule #6: There is no Rule #6.

Let's get some more PTV Mafioso "Rules" up for the new pups while we're waiting for kickoff.  Mark has already contributed but you all are the worst.

Rule #39:  Anagrams are the devil's vocabulary. So our Mods will definitely use some.

Rule #6:  We will never(*) be right about Clues.  Don't be surprised when the recap comes out and that shit 10 of us thought was brilliant was not a Clue at all.

Rule #77: Get your veins iced up and be ready to kill someone who says "No! Don't kill me!"  (*Villains never say they're Villains, unless they're me and we're in the Whedonverse.) 

Rule #12:  Always get game promises guaranteed by Joe Namath. He has 100% guarantee-fulfillment stats.

*We may have been right once or twice, but not about the ones we were all on board for. 

Edited by Drogo
  • Love 2

Also?  No editing your posts. 

And... No liking posts after you're dead in the game.

Last one for now... HAVE FUN!

Rule 6 in action...I was a villain last time, and they "Knew" I was a villain because a quote was from MacBeth and that is close to Machiabelly. Except it was not an intentional clue.

The editing and not liking after death are real rules by the way.

Rule 47 (now retired) - Any line in a story that references cookies or elves in even the most oblique way means that Stacey is a villain. Rule was retired when Stacey changed her name. (this was due to the Stacey Kiebler = Kiebler elves connection

• Love 3
(edited)

I have received my PM

I edit my posts because I would rather be mod-killed than have a spelling, grammar or punctuation error permanently recorded in a post

Edited by Hanged Man
  • Love 5

Rule #46:  Read your PM, then read it again.  Don't get Modkilled; it blows.

Rule #48:  Don't be named Drogo or The Onion Knight in a Game of Thrones Mafia game.

Rule #18:  If you are killed in a CP/Silver-modded game, hope that CP doesn't write your death. 

metropolis-death.gif

• Love 4
Rule #18:  If you are killed in a CP/Silver-modded game, hope that CP doesn't write your death. 

metropolis-death.gif

Silver does the actual writing.  I just come up with the idea and description for her and then she says "ewwwww!  I'm not writing that" and she tones it down.  Yes, our deaths were toned down.  Imagine if Silver had let me loose.  Just thinking about it makes me smile!

(edited)

Alrighty y'all! Let the games begin! 

A Few Things First

• Days will last 36 hours and no more. Strong deadlines seemed very effective last round so they will continue! 
  • Twilight will be utilized (Thanks CP+SS for your brilliant invention). Twilight will last for 12 hours and game talk may occur until the night story has been posted, at which point we drink! 
  • Night will last for 24 hours. 
  • A heads up for those who played my last game. My clue providing strategy has changed. Can't make it too easy for y'all! 

I think that's it. Without further ado

Day 1

We find our heroes as they usually are, gathered around the conference table in the Planet Express office (or at least what qualifies as an office in a glorified spaceship hangar). All the usual suspects are there. There’s space captain Turanga Leela, a mutant cyclops with a heart of gold and boots of steel. Delivery boy Philip J. Fry is seated next to her; he is mostly useless and moons over the captain. Currently he is hard at work sketching his latest issue of Delivery Boy Man, a poorly drawn, terribly written, semi-autobiographical wet dream of a comic book. Next is the Professor’s intern Amy Wong, painting her nails and planning her outfit for her next night out on the town. Across from Amy is bureaucrat Hermes Conrad. Hermes is responsible for dotting the I’s and crossing the T’s that keep the Planet Express ship running smoothly. For most his job would be excruciatingly dull, but Conrad has even his underwear filed in triplicate. He sits begrudgingly next to the crew’s doctor, one John Zoidberg. Zoidberg, a crustacean-like alien, reeks worse than the dumpster he calls home, one of the many reasons Hermes hates him. Finally there is the crew’s robot Bender B. Rodriguez (the B stands for Bending). Beer in hand, Bender is watching All My Circuits starring TV’s favorite acting robot Calculon. All wait on their CEO, Professor Farnsworth to begin the meeting.
          “Good news everyone! We have a new delivery. In fact, we have a new series of deliveries to make.” the Professor said after he took five minutes to sit down. Everyone had learned to just ignore the creaks as they waited for the beyond ancient scientist to move anything. 
           “A series of deliveries! Where are we headed Professor?” Leela asked.
           “Excellent question. These deliveries are very dangerous and will take extra care. You’ll be headed to the PTV galaxy, home world of the TWOPers. They are a prolific people, prone to game playing, and full of snark.”
            “Snark! They don’t know snark. I’ll show them snark. Ain’t no one snarkier than Bender. They won’t even know what hit ‘em.”
            “Yes, they won’t even know what hit them.” The Professor said under his breath. He knew he was sending his crew off on another suicidal mission. Delivering doomsday devices to the PTV galaxy was something that would surely backfire on this motley crew.

Elsewhere in New New York in an undisclosed location, our baddies are gathered for their weekly poker game. Round the table we have the head of President Nixon (his cards held by the headless body of Spiro Agnew), the Robot Devil, the Donbot, Emperor Lrrr (RULER OF THE PLANET OMICRON PERSEI 8), Flexo (a bending unit), and the Huge Brain. As they’ve been playing together for years, they’ve established some rules to prevent cheating after watching Emperor Lrrr rip the head of the Robot Devil off one too many times. The Brain is not allowed to use his stupification fields, the robots have locked away their x-ray glasses, and Nixon has sworn that he has complete control of Agnew (not that anyone believes him. But Nixon was never too good at hiding his strategies so the rest of the group turned a blind eye to his attempts).
             “I have three human females and a pair of fours. I believe that’s what the puny humans call a Full House. Why a poker hand was named for that show with the twins who played one tiny girl I just don’t know.” Emperor Lrrr said, pulling in all the chips assuming his win was at hand.
             “Not so fast there, ahahaha,” chuckled the Robot Devil laying down a royal flush. “Those chips belong to me.”
             “Another week, another terrible night at poker. C’mon Agnew let’s get back to more important things. Isn’t there a war we have to start. Let’s get Zapp Brannigan on the line. Then maybe I could win something,” Nixon grumped. Agnew stumbled up and lumbered out the door, sloshing Nixon’s jar as he went. Perhaps he had had a few too many.

Meanwhile in space, aboard the Nimbus Captain Zapp Brannigan and his first Lieutenant Kif Kroker were preparing for war, having just received a call from Earth President Nixon. He had demanded that immediately plan an attack on Planet Showatimia for daring to kill off Damien Lewis and then immediately revive him for a lesser project.

“Kif! Set course for the PTV galaxy! We have our orders and I, our sexy sexy captain, must follow through!”
             “Yes Captain Brannigan,” Kif responded indifferently. He knew this mission, like all the others, would most likely lead to something terrible for him. Little did he know that his Fonfon Ru, his precious Amy Wong, was also headed to the PTV galaxy. Headed straight for certain danger.

What will be next for our heroes? Will they survive their delivery run? Find out, after these brief messages!

Still Alive and Well in New New York 

• MarkHB
  • CuriousParker
  • Drogo
  • SilverStormm
  • Athena
  • MuuMuuChainsmoker
  • Jesse
  • Machiabelly
  • saoirse
  • SVNBob
  • Firearcher
  • aquarian1
  • Lady Calypso
  • TJtrack99
  • Lisin
  • OinkyBoinky
  • Dougal
  • The Crazed Spruce
  • caprice
  • HangedMan
  • BizBuzz
  • The Onion Knight
  • Deadpool

Now in Robot Hell

• No one....yet! muahahahahahahhaha

There is one clue in the story. You have 36 hours to discuss. Good Luck! 

Edited by egavasc
  • Love 5

Turning a blind eye while playing is obviously the jack = the knight= the onion knight or perhaps stretch it to tjtrack.

(Wonders why she doesn't last long in these games)

Buy of course we never get these right.

But

But Jesse was a good guy.

• Love 3
These deliveries are very dangerous and will take extra care.

The "take extra care" part stood out to me.  Then I remembered that the CVS Pharmacy rewards card is called Extra Care.  Then I remembered that a few years ago it was big news when CVS said they would no longer sell tobacco products.  So,  MuuMuuChainsmoker, I'm looking at you.  It's a lame reason but I've got to look somewhere.

Delivering doomsday devices to the PTV galaxy was something that would surely backfire on this motley crew.

Motley crew = Mötley Crüe = Generation Swine (1997 Album) = OinkyBoinky?

Ok this one might be a stretch but reading through it I noticed that Nixon wanted to start a war, the character Drogo is a Dothraki Warlord probably a stretch but just something I noticed

This is Mafia, bae- everybody warrin' everybody up in here!

• Love 3

You actually had to look up grouse to get a Crazed Spruce connection.  You don't have to for Full House.  Even if you never watched it it's quite ubiquitous that you just know these things.  That said, I do think Jesse is protesting just a bit too much.  

• Love 2

You actually had to look up grouse to get a Crazed Spruce connection.  You don't have to for Full House.  Even if you never watched it it's quite ubiquitous that you just know these things.  That said, I do think Jesse is protesting just a bit too much.  

I have no clue, never watched Full House so I'd have to look it up tbh, maybe that makes me unique idk!

• Love 3

Help me out ... 36 hours puts us at what time tomorrow?

I am making an appearance, but sadly, I have to go pick up my daughter tomorrow, leaving at 6am central, and wont be home until sometime after 4pm ... will I still have time to play?

Please do not let my non-playing status tomorrow mark me as a villain, because I am a hero.  

Going to re-read the story ... and if I remember correctly, this mod's clues are uber hard ... although, it would be just like a mod to through something easy in to confuse us (looking at you Jesse ... especially since you nabbed me early on in the last game).

Know nothing about this show ... someone know the characters in play?

• Love 1
(edited)

36 hours from when it was posted works out to about 2:21 AM Friday CST, though of course a DL brings day to a screeching halt.

There 15 for sure characters, I am not certain that Spiro Agnew is actually a character who is a player, more like a detail for Nixon. If you are Spiro and a villain please feel free to inform us that you are and we will address that accordingly.

So 23 peeps playing, 15/16 characters mentioned. Mine was not mentioned and I am a pretty harmless hero. You will excuse me if I don't say "oh by the way Seymour wasn't listed as a hero and I just happen to remember that he was a character on the show...."

I am not Seymour, it was just an example

I like the Full house and Motley Crew, I am leaning toward Full House being a clue

edited because Spiro is not Spirow

Edited by Hanged Man
  • Love 3