Type keyword(s) to search

The Off-Topic Bar

• Start Topic

I initially had done a search for 21 Jump Street, but only the recent movie came up.  So then I switched to Johnny Depp.  I have seen most of his early films, but no many of the more recent.  I haven't even seen all of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies (but I have seen some). 

johnny depp GIF

Time for the next round of toasts!

As always, first to the mods, for the running of the game!

Second, to the dead.  May you live to play again, and play again to live.

(Have you noticed I really like that line?  It almost sounds like a traditional Irish toast.)

Third, to the Heroes, for another successful DL!

Finally, to the Villains, for keeping things interesting!

Hip-Hip!

• Love 6

I am now a little more than 24 hours from one of the longest flights home in the history of my flights home, and this includes flying to the US west coast from Hong Kong. The reason for this? A stupidly long layover.

Anyway, I'll be back in my own bed this weekend and ready to hang out with my Mafia friends!! I'm even bringing wine. 😄

Oh, and I might be able to see the GoT Tapestry that was based on the one at Bayeux, France that tells most of the story of William the Conqueror. 

• Love 2

Well, I'll be leaving on my usual sabbatical soon; sometime within the next 12 hours, or shortly thereafter.  I was hoping we'd be done with the game before that happened, but I messed up the timing.  I'll keep checking back up until I go, in case Day starts up by then.  If it doesn't, I may declare a proxy or something of a similar nature here.

But no matter what, I'll be bringing something for this thread back with me.  😜

13 hours ago, Drogo said:

Why yes I can show you Michael Bolton acting piratey...

So can I....

(and I'm slightly surprised this hadn't come up until now.)

Edited by SVNBob
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 9/29/2019 at 1:29 AM, SVNBob said:

Second, to the dead.  May you live to play again, and play again to live.

I've been dead for a long time now. I'm probably pretty stinky at this point.

Cheers to you, all of the living, and the great story and interesting game! (You'll have to excuse The Hound. He's not really a "cheers!" kind of guy.)

thehound.gif

• Love 1
On 10/4/2019 at 8:00 AM, JTMacc99 said:

I've been dead for a long time now. I'm probably pretty stinky at this point.

Cheers to you, all of the living, and the great story and interesting game! (You'll have to excuse The Hound. He's not really a "cheers!" kind of guy.)

thehound.gif

Eh, I'd drink with The Hound. Knowing his tolerance for feisty gals and redheads, I figure he'd drink me under the table, then make sure I got home safely. 😂

19 hours ago, Drogo said:

I can't stop watching this.  Why do these toolbags keep interrupting Michael Bolton's tales of the emo scene high seas? 

I'd keep interrupting his tales because his singing makes my ears bleed.

16 hours ago, aquarian1 said:

Yes, but I knew what to expect. 😄 

As did I. Thanks for the giggles, @MarkHB!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Well, I'm back.  And while I knew I needed that break, I didn't know how much I needed it until I got there.  I should be good until my return trip at the end of November.  (More on that next month.)

I did bring the thing I said I would...but it's not ready just yet.  Give me a couple more days on that.

In the meantime, a round for the house on me.

• Love 2

A final round of toasts for the Pirate game.  Raise your glasses!

First, to the mods, for one hell of a restart!  Hip-Hip!

Second, to the winners, for a well-earned victory!  Hip-Hip!

Third, to the rest of us players, living and dead alike, for playing a good game and having fun along the way.  Hip-Hip!

And now that the game is over, the thing that I brought back with me from my pilgrimage is even more appropriate.

For those that don't know, or don't remember, I regularly attend my local Renaissance festival; the Texas Ren Fest, the biggest in the nation.  That's where I was the other weekend, for Opening Day of the season.   While there, I took some video of the last few numbers performed by my local pirates, the Pride of Bedlam, at the end-of-day Pub Sing. 

The first one is the main reason I wanted to share my local pirates with you, my pirate crew.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, meet trouble said:

Looks like a fun time, @SVNBob!

It is.  Since I've been going to the Sing, I normally try to get down into the thick of it by the stage, singing along with all the scalawags and ne'er-do-wells.  I went to a different post this time specifically for shooting that video.

The Sings tonight and tomorrow night are going to be even more raucous, since it's Pirate Weekend at the Fair.

• Love 1

What began in 2012 as a bunch of friends playing in each other's living rooms has evolved into a multi-platform entertainment sensation, attracting over half million viewers every week. Now in its second campaign storyline, the show features seven popular voiceover actors diving into epic Dungeons & Dragons adventures, led by veteran game master Matthew Mercer.

37 minutes ago, meet trouble said:

Oh, now I know!! I feel silly, @MarkHB. I tend to think of it as our webdaughter's funnest gig.

Spruce, HM, our old (young) friend, CM, is involved with them!

Indeed, and I wanted to get her okay first before I said anything more.  That has been done, so...

I may have mentioned at some point, that I managed to download the TWoP Heroes Mafia thread before their boards were shut down. I modded one game there, and I was tempted to repost the stories, etc. from that game to here (just my posts, not the players'), just for fun and posterity.

But I didn't do it alone. I had a writer working with me, a high school student from Memphis who was also a big fan of the show Heroes but who didn't play Mafia. Back then, she went by the handle curiousmonkey. Since then, she graduated from college, packed up the truck and moved to Beverly (Hills, that is, kinda sort of), and now she works with Critical Role. (I'll put her name and Twitter handle when I start posting the stories).

• Love 3

So ... what's up peeps?  I figured I bring it here, not wanting to screw up my first time back in a LONG while (didn't want to post in the GOTG game thread).  ::giggle::

@Drogo ... I had to LAUGH with your choice of image welcoming me back ... SO MUCH meaning on so many different levels, thanks for the chuckle, lord have I missed your antics.  

@deaja ... thank you so much for your comment ... I think about you often, especially whenever I watch The West Wing and Gilmore Girls (which is kind of often, as they are two of my many lullaby watchings).  Thanks for the warm welcome back!

@SilverStormm ... and what can I say ... thanks for the excitement, I felt it all the way across the pond!

And to everyone else that "liked" my post ... thank you ... I have missed all of this and YOU all!!!

Edited by BizBuzz
  • Love 8