Type keyword(s) to search

Justice League - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Basically, it's the Sewer Urchin episode of The Tick, except we have Batman not recalling Booster's unique skillset in the end, rather than Tick try to rip Die Fledermaus a new hole. Would've been funny if a Rip Hunter was actually running Vanishing Point.

I'm putting this here because we don't have a media thread, and even though it hasn't happened, we're one step closer!

YES!!!!! To a Justice League Reunion Movie!!!!

@Spartan Girl, @BkWurm1

And this quote by Diana, er, Susan Eisenberg had my inner tween squeeing like nobody's bidnez!

"Well, selfishly, I’d love to explore the relationship between Bruce and Diana a bit more, and I know there are some wonderbat fans out there who feel the same way," says Wonder Woman actress Susan Eisenberg."

Oh, me too! Me too!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I preordered Justice League v. The Fatal Five! While I’m sad we don’t have Rosenbaum’s Flash (Wally), LeMarr’s Green Lantern, or Lumbly’s J’onn J’onezz, OR Daly’s Supes, I we have 🥰🥰❤️❤️🥰🥰KEVIN!FUCKING!CONROY!!🥰🥰❤️❤️🥰🥰 as Bats, Susan Eisenberg as Wonder Woman/Diana, and Newbern as Supes!!! Aaaaaand the same animated from B:TAS/JL/JLU.

The trailer was.AWESOME!

• Love 3

For a reunion of sorts check out this video from Nerdist.  It features the majority of the original JL (minus Carl Lumbly as Martian Manhunter) along with host Rob Paulson as they have a chat about the life of a VA and meeting fans at cons (among other things).  The video is topped off with a reading of a segment of Lord of the rings with the actors in character (about 50 minutes into the video).

Just saw Justice League v. Fatal Five.

Eh. 

“Love letter to fans of original Justice League “ My butt.

This was really more Jessica Cruz’s (GL) story, and to a lesser extent, Thomas/Star Boy’s. 

barely saw the three original characters that make up The Trinity.😒😒😒

And the worst-the ABSOLUTE WORST-was that I didn’t get any smoochies between Bats and Diana!!!!🤯🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Ahem.

There were a few good things, like Star Boy referring to Bats as “Scary Guy.”😆😆😂

My favorite line-Bats to Mano: Bring it, Skeletor.” 😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Diana is always a BADASS! She BEAT Persuader! And Jessica was also a badass once she fully accepted her Green Lantern.

But that ending. Dammit.

I WUZ ROBBED! 

• Love 1

This was really more Jessica Cruz’s (GL) story, and to a lesser extent, Thomas/Star Boy’s. 

Yeah, while the movie itself was enjoyable...it didn't feel like a real Justice League movie.

• Love 2
On 2/9/2019 at 11:00 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I preordered Justice League v. The Fatal Five! While I’m sad we don’t have Rosenbaum’s Flash (Wally), LeMarr’s Green Lantern, or Lumbly’s J’onn J’onezz, OR Daly’s Supes, I we have 🥰🥰❤️❤️🥰🥰KEVIN!FUCKING!CONROY!!🥰🥰❤️❤️🥰🥰 as Bats, Susan Eisenberg as Wonder Woman/Diana, and Newbern as Supes!!! Aaaaaand the same animated from B:TAS/JL/JLU.

The trailer was.AWESOME!

I'm watching it now.  I'm glad that 90s WW is back.  I hate her look in other animated movies, etc.  Young Justice, Justice League v. Teen Titans.  

At some point, I hope that 90s-styled Justice League movies will happen.  Esp. when the animated movies are geared toward adults.  BBWW can be in JLA, and BB?? can be in other movies.  

I finally saw Hush, and it's good except for the BatCat romance.  I rolled my eyes when Catwoman told Batman that he's crazy to try to save the Riddler.  There's such a fundamental divide between them.  

On 10/24/2014 at 10:13 PM, ribboninthesky1 said:

Yeah, it's a shame John Stewart didn't get more kudos.  In the few places I read fans' thought, it was common to read "I prefer Hal Jordan/Kyle Radner." I thought the writers did a good job showing John's struggle with his humanity and roots, and his tremendous sense of personal responsibility.  I also liked that the ring didn't define him - he'd still go for the jugular if he couldn't use it. Maybe I could have enjoyed the Green Lantern animated films if he was the feature. As it was, I couldn't get through them.

This series more or less ignored race, but I did like John's reaction in the Legends episode when one of the old-school heroes says something like, "You're a credit to your people."

I’m responding to this post more than six years after you wrote it, but I just found this thread now. I’m a big fan of John Stewart’s Green Lantern too; he’s probably my favorite GL, even if only because he was the first one I knew (in this show).

He’s just a great character, as you say, and the writers clearly put a lot of thought into how to use him. And that “Legends” dialogue you quote works so well because the writers don’t belabor the point and don’t mock the hero saying it; they use it as a teachable moment without coming off as preachy.

This really is such an excellent show. Offhand, the inclusion of “Am I Blue?” in “This Little Piggy” and Superman’s tearful monologue in “For the Man who Has Everything” are just fantastic writing, kids’ superhero show or not. (The latter episode even improves on its fine Alan Moore source material.)

• Love 2

So another site I frequent was discussing JL/JLU recently and it reminded me that I used to watch some episodes with my daughter when she was much younger. So I looked back on some of my older posts here and I had completely forgotten that I had watched all of JLU seasons 1&2 back in 2014. I remember details of a few episodes but not the whole thing. I blame it on having a 3 year old and a 1 year old and a job I really hated.

Anyway I found someone selling the complete JL/JLU series on Kijiji for 15 bucks so I picked it up. After I finish season 3 of the Sopranos I think I might rewatch that to see if it refreshes my memory. The cool thing is my kids are older now and can probably watch a lot more episodes.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, TigerLily20 said:

Does anyone know if this is streaming anywhere? I would love to re-watch but not sure I feel like hunting down DVDs (plus I have to get another DVD player as it is...)

It’s available on HBO Max.

• Love 1

So, as stated in the Superman Movies thread, I wuz bored and decided to give the movies I didn't buy when they came out a try, since apparently HBO Max has all of them.

JL: Apokolips War: UGH. Flash, despite having done Flashpoint once already, did it again, which is how we ended up with this carnage. I was so hoping Bats was the sleeper. I know, I know, this probably undid the whole shitastic New 52, but Flashpoint? AGAIN? And jerks didn't even confirm if it undid all the deaths of the heroes or not. Cheap bastards.

So I finally decided to watch the one about Aquaman. Eh. But who knew that Sam Witwer could do an English accent? Or is that his natural accent? I've only ever seen him on a couple of procedurals with an American accent and of course, his role as "Doomsday" on Smallville.

So, was there ever a "sequel" to this, or was that post credit scene with Orm and Lex just a tease?

And DAMMIT. I want KEVIN!FUCKING!CONROY! to play Bats!!!!! I hate Gleason so fucking much because he's now in charge of casting and doesn't hire him. We still get Phil LaMarr and Nathan Fillion reprising and playing John Stewart and Hal Jordan!

I still resent that I didn't get any meaningful scenes between Diana and Bats in The Fatal Five, let alone some smoochie times. What? WHAAAAT?

So I ended last night's marathoning with the most awesomest movie, DOOM. Sure, it was Barry and not Wally, but Michael!Fucking!Rosenbaum! And the ORIGINAL ORIGINAL cast: Kevin!Fucking!Conroy! Tim!Fucking!Daly! Susan!Fucking!Eisenberg! Carl!Fucking!Lumbly! And yes, Phil!Fucking!Morris! as Vandal!

I still tear up when I see that dedication to Dwayne McDuffie.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1

Conroy!Batman singing “Am I Blue” was my all-time favorite moment.

”For the Man Who Has Everything” was such a wonderful heartbreaking episode. Kind of shocked that Supes’ dream life was finding more of his own people and rebuilding Krypton instead of settling down with Lois. Trying not to read anything into that.

But oy, Bruce’s brief moment of happiness getting an imagined do-over at that night at the movies…he should have been THREE TIMES as pissed as Superman after he came out of it, but I guess I’ve wasn’t under the spell as long to have the same emotional impact.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

Conroy!Batman singing “Am I Blue” was my all-time favorite moment.

”For the Man Who Has Everything” was such a wonderful heartbreaking episode. Kind of shocked that Supes’ dream life was finding more of his own people and rebuilding Krypton instead of settling down with Lois. Trying not to read anything into that.

But oy, Bruce’s brief moment of happiness getting an imagined do-over at that night at the movies…he should have been THREE TIMES as pissed as Superman after he came out of it, but I guess I’ve wasn’t under the spell as long to have the same emotional impact.

Well Conroy studied at Julliard! I loved how they "froze" the animation while he was singing. And I'm uberly PISSED that after Zatanna got him to admit that he and Diana were more than just good friends, until she got turned into a pig, in "This Little Piggy" they didn't follow up with that. Timm and company were just soooo focused and wanted that stupid romance with Stewart and Shayera. So much that they had Carter Hall as some obsessive stalker!🤬

Ahh, but in "For the Man Who Has Everything" they never identified the hybrid Lois/Lana! That last scene where he says good bye to Van NEVER fails to make me FUGLY cry.

In the same episode, I love Bats' last line when they put the Mercy plant on Mongol that wherever he is: "It's TOO GOOD for him."

• Love 2

I never really liked this show.  I was a fan of the Batman and Superman Animated Series, but thought that a team show was a bit much.  I think that Timm/Dini and them work much better in series focused on solo characters.  If they had done a Wonder Woman show or a Green Lantern show instead, then I think that would have been better.  Then they could have just done special team-up episodes and movies if they wanted the Justice League.

I also didn't like all of the continuity between this show and the previous shows.  It felt like they were overdoing it at times.  And I *really* don't like how they used Darkseid as the arch villain of the series, but for me that's more a problem with Superman the Animated Series than anything else.