Type keyword(s) to search

Naya Rivera/Santana Lopez

Naya no longer a regular, not a shocker,.. but still, It sucks but what can you do at this point.

Frankly I do not think she was going to be a regular either way.   I think thier odd swtich out of NY was going to impact her anyway.

(edited)

Well, IMO it's more a matter, a la Kurt and Will, that they simply  don't have interest in highlighting Santana as a character.    She's sexy,  great looking, has  a striking  distinct singing voice , is a very good actress but these piss poor Showrunners don't know what to do with her character.

I mean, whether if in Lima or NY they made sure Chord Overstreet/Sam had a SL going as "forced" as it seemed with the Samcedes romance.  So to me, it's more she's lost favor after season three.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 1
(edited)

I would imagine the behind the scenes drama plays a biggest role here.  Something went down twice last year - first during 512/513 when it changed from Santana giving Brittany an open-ended ticket to visit her in NYC to Santana/Brittany travelling the world together and then in 520 when Santana was abruptly written out of the episode even after they had a song planned for her/Brittany/Mercedes.  I have never bought it was a feud between her and Lea that caused the problems because I think it had to be something bigger than that for them to spend the money to rewrite 520 on the fly.  

Given that there was that much BTS drama I am surprised she is back at all.  I think there had to be a lot of pride swallowed on both sides (TPTB's and Naya's but probably more on Naya's) to  work out a 3-4 episode guest stint.  I am also guessing that her coming back, even if its just for a guest stint, involved some promises, in writing, that certain behaviors (whatever they were) that led to the blow-up are not to be tolerated.  

Edited by camussie
(edited)

Obviously there was dissension/tension at the least in the set, to go through the hassle of writing her out of the last episode is no small matter, it involved cost overruns no doubt.

However, I think as far back as the beginning of Season 4 it was apparent that the showrunners didn't care to highlight her that much anymore, they had Blam, Blee, Noobs, and Rachel and it seemed Santana was floating for most of the two seasons.  If as viewers we were frustrated (at least I was) with how poorly they utilized the character, wouldn't be shocked it bled through to on set problems.  Mind you, I'm not saying it was justified, since you are still being paid to do you job, but just speculating that her expectations how her role on Glee was and how it devolved couldn't have helped things.

Edited by caracas1914

Well, IMO it's more a matter, a la Kurt and Will, that they simply  don't have interest in highlighting Santana as a character.    She's sexy,  great looking, has  a striking  distinct singing voice , is a very good actress but these piss poor Showrunners don't know what to do with her character.

I mean, whether if in Lima or NY they made sure Chord Overstreet/Sam had a SL going as "forced" as it seemed with the Samcedes romance.  So to me, it's more she's lost favor after season three.

I don't disagree that is why I do not think they had much for her due to the switch.    I do not think they know what to do with any of the character tbh.  

I think they focus on Rchel casue they are still trying to  have one grounding character,  but  I have no idea why the focus is off Kurt and/or Sanatna both beter characters and actors that Blaine and  Sam.

• Love 1

People: Naya Rivera Marries Ryan Dorsey

Glee star Naya Rivera has found her happily ever after.

The actress married actor Ryan Dorsey on July 19 in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, in front of a small group of close family.

"We feel truly blessed to be joined as husband and wife," the couple told PEOPLE exclusively. "Our special day was fated and everything we could have ever asked for."

Dorsey, who is originally from Charleston, West Virginia, attended the New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts before moving to Los Angeles, where he met Rivera four years ago. Longtime friends, they saw their relationship blossom into a romance shortly after her engagement to rapper Big Sean ended in April.

For their nuptials, Rivera, 27, wore a Monique Lhuillier gown while Dorsey wore a Dolce & Gabbana suit. She carried a bouquet of daisies and baby's breath and the couple exchanged Neil Lane rings.

Now back home in L.A., the couple are excited to start their new lives as newlyweds.

As they told PEOPLE: "True love always prevails."

That's quick..I wonder if she wore the dress she bought for her wedding to Big Sean? (Sorry that was a little mean.) Good for her and it seems that they were friends for a while, but really that was really quick.

• Love 1

I feel a little wrong, somehow, speculating about celebrities' personal lives, but apparently I'm going to do it anyway.  (!)

I have to say that finding out that Naya has known Ryan for longer than a few months certainly seems more promising than a new fling who was obviously a rebound.  Much of 2014 has seemed a little rough for Naya, regardless of where blame lies, so here's hoping she's more happy and settled now.

I have to say that finding out that Naya has known Ryan for longer than a few months certainly seems more promising than a new fling who was obviously a rebound.

That sounds like some talk coming from her publicist to soften the blow to the general public, lessen criticism, and not make it look like Naya has moved on too fast. Which, too fast or not, it's her life ultimately, but I'm a little suspicious of statements like that. She was with Big Sean till April. So while maybe she has known this guy for a little while, she certainly hasn't been dating him for very long at all.

After all, it wasn't that long ago that she was tweeting that Big Sean was the "Love.Of,My.Life" 

Naya......bless her heart. I feel like she's been off kilter since she got with big Sean. It was like she was trying too hard in every way. Which I actually don't get because she is naturally beatiful (even though she seems to have had some enhancements) and she is in my opinion very  talented. It seemed liked she was trying to go the Kim Kardashian route, but she doesn't need to. She has talent! I hope she is ok and I hope she got some kind of pre-nup. She might not be a rolling in dough but I'm guessing she has more than whoever this guy is (I might be wrong I don't know his background) and she owns a pretty nice house. I hate to seem pessimistic but after seeing what Sherri Sheppard is going through one kind of has to think that way.

I dunno, there is a kind of perverse awesomeness in recycling the wedding dress for your first engagement for the rebound groom.

and possibly the ring, if gossip about any of this is remotely credible. Use it or lose it!

We'll see if Lea or Jenna gets into a feud on their next show and tells their nemesis, “I learned from the meanest actress who ever walked onto a television set. You will lose.”

Also, Naya hasn't shown up in Playboy yet.  OTOH, she's done a bang-up job selling me M&M's and Subway sandwiches.

She did a lot of that to herself though.  Twitter.  Instagram,  Her comments on the view.  That's all her own doing really.

Oh, I completely agree that all that is her own bad judgement.  But my *hope* is that it at least the stuff in the first half of 2014 was a case of temporary bad judgement brought on by significant personal problems at the time.  (Naya's comments on the View - while I strongly disagree with them - frankly also sound like a holdover from that issue - wasn't infidelity rumored to be a problem with Big Sean?  But that's her relationship to deal with) 

The Instagram thing probably doesn't fall into that category - it's been too long for that - but I am curious why Naya has taken such heat for her comment.  Didn't a lot of people comment negatively?  I mean, it's an Internet meme now!

The Instagram thing probably doesn't fall into that category - it's been too long for that - but I am curious why Naya has taken such heat for her comment.

I think it's the comment she chose to make about being someone's mother.  You can think that photo is tacky as hell or even ugly. I don't think that would have gotten as much heat.  I personally think that photo shoot was in very poor taste, but it isn't because Kim's a mother.  It's the sentiment Naya chose to make.  Also she kept it going with her stupid follow-up hashtag of instagram got me in trouble.

I'm actually rooting for her to get some quirky / dramatic roles because I like her as an actress. She did so much to bring Santana to life. But if she's modelling herself after the Kardashians, even visually - I'm afraid reality TV isn't far behind. 

Edited by fakeempress

I like her honest approach on positions in the View, even if I don't agree.

For example, she said that a guy can't be having close female friends after he gets married ( or is committed) and I think I got what she meant. The casual intimacy some members of the opposite sex ( or same sex) enjoy realistically needs to be ratched down, but all the older women on the view shouted her down, saying in essence their solid marriages their husband could continue with their female friendships. She couldn't articulate her position with the limited time but I like that she's not afraid to give her opinion.

Today she said she had a theory white people shower more than ethnic people.

Anyway she does fine on the show but she and other co hosts are very limited for the most part in what they do.

The View is definitely looking for some changes.  The ratings in their key demo has dropped significantly and there's been a lot of restructuring at ABC.

I doubt Naya is what they're looking for though.  They're likely going to do a national search like what the did several years ago.

Unless they are going to get rid of Rosie Perez I don't think they would be looking to Naya for anything permanent. They looove to check all o their demographic boxes. (Just like another show we know!)

If Fox isn't too down on her, I could see her fitting really well on their new show, Empire. She could even get a chance to sing on there. It's pretty soapy, like a black Dynasty or Dallas, but it has pretty heavy hitters behind it and came out of the gate with big ratings. 

Shoot what am I saying, I might need Amber to be on that show!

Unless they are going to get rid of Rosie Perez I don't think they would be looking to Naya for anything permanent. They looove to check all o their demographic boxes. (Just like another show we know!)

ANNNNND as it turns out, Rosie Perez IS leaving:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/14/rosie-perez-leaving-the-view_n_6474694.html

So perhaps this was some testing?  I would be happy for Naya to get some sort of regular gig, and although I would never watch the View, more power to her to be in the (apparent) mix.  As others have said, I think she'd be great as an actress.  She's got good comedic delivery, and has handled some drama fairly well, too.

• Love 1

Funny I just saw a story about how they want to extend Good Morning Amercia.  I  guess it could be a steady gig for a few months. But I do not see Naya or any 20 something bringing in the ratings they need to save the View.