Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E24: Head of Household #8; Nominations #8

• Start Topic

I'm loving all the close-ups of the watermelons.  Between that and all the shade they've been throwing at poor, clueless Sis (she better hurry up and scramble up -- or is it poach? -- some eggplant.  The days are getting shorter and she might run out of time!), this has been an amusing episode.   Oh, and I was squawking with laughter during chicken stuff.  I particularly loved the way the others egged her on.  🙃

Edited by Thalia
  • LOL 8
  • Love 7

The Analyse segments were hilarious! I was laughing so loud. She was actually weirdly adorable tonight. 

The whole episode was pretty light and funny. I don't get tired of their trick of cutting to the houseguests doing silly things whenever someone references them in the DR. Cheesy but fun. 

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I am not here for the lovable "Aw, shucks, I'm just a good ol' country boy with a bunch of hokey sayin's" edit that Jackson got tonight.  

They also let him make an allusion to Moby Dick with white whale reference.  See, folks, he's just a nice country boy who can read!  Or at least looks at TCM when he's not watching Tennessee lose at football.  (Sigh.  Obligatory "Go Vols.")

Edited by Thalia
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Anal-eze really got the brunt of the editing tonight.  That segment about the summer solstice was GOLD Jerry, GOLD!  

Every time they feature her, I weep for the education system of America.  How does one get a college degree and still not have a clue about common life situations or nomenclature?

Jackson is still a dick regardless of how many corn pone sayings he regurgitates.  However, he really should have put up Christie and Tommy - although he seems to remain clueless about their connection.

Holly really is just using him as a meat shield and will continue to go further because he draws so much attention to himself. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Poor Analyse ! She got the beauty but not the brains. I'll throw out my Michie impression and try something that  he might say ( well, maybe not- who knows ?)-- regarding Sis-- When they were handing out brains, she thought they said trains and said, "they're too loud, they scare me !". I mean, seriously, she's never heard of the days getting "shorter" as we get closer to winter ?? Surely, that was a put on, right ?

I hope Christie does end up going home. She should be ashamed of herself, swearing on her sister like that, when she was flat out lying. Or maybe she believes she wasn't ? Sure looked like an alliance deal to me, but whatever Christie !

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Don't know if the show started late for everyone but it did for me so I didn't see the actual noms. I am assuming its Christie and Sis? If so then they are making a big mistake not putting Tommy up there next to Christie. He would be a guaranteed vote to KEEP her no matter what their little "Garden State Exits" segment wanted to portray. She is his ride or die.

Not sure why the producers think watching people slip and fall with sound effects is still funny after what must be full decade of this comp. The laugh out loud moments tonight had nothing to do with pratfalls. It was the Brady Bunch grid with Jackson parroting himself and Sis learning there is a summer solstice.

• Love 3

I guess Jackson doesn't want to jeopardize his relationship with Tommy but I think the better move would have been a Christie/Tommy nomination. That way if either won the veto they would have to use it on themselves and the other is still on the block. The way it is now is, Analyse probably won't win veto but Christie has a chance and Tommy, if he gets picked, has a chance.  I guess if Christie somehow pulls herself down, Nick will go up. 

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

Don't know if the show started late for everyone but it did for me so I didn't see the actual noms.

Yeah due to preseason football mine started 7 minutes late so I missed the last five or so minutes as well as I only padded out 2 minutes. Ugh.

Anyhow I loved watching Tommy's brain explode as Christie detailed more and more about how very close they live. That and seeing the brain misfires of Anal-eze. There is just not a lot of oxygen reaching the penthouse there... cute, and seemingly nice but woof is she dim. I loved that she brought Nicole eggs in the middle of the night what with Nicole's bird fears.

But yeah I'll add to the chorus of it should have been Tommy/Christie's.

I also remain shocked that Nick has the emotional needs of children in his hands...

• Love 6

I'm by no means rooting for Jackson in this game, but I was pleased with him winning HOH since it means the "other side" will have to take a blow this week. It's going to be delicious. 

I'm not sure what Christie's sister did to her, but damn, Christie manifested some bad mojo on her life by constantly swearing on it to cover her lies lol.

Nick's therapist strategy of nodding along sure backfired on him. It doesn't really work when you blindly nod in agreement to things that make you look bad 😄

Oh Jess.... what was that game play you attempted? Don't use that precious time before eviction to convince your allies not to join the other side of the house without you. Just spread some gossip to Analyse and Christie about Holly and Jackson. Y'know... the two people in the house they have made clear they are already gunning for. I really want to root for you (these's so few options left) but please give me something to work with here lol. 

All in all I think this will be an enjoyable week!

Edited by JZone
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Melina22 said:

The Analyse segments were hilarious! I was laughing so loud. She was actually weirdly adorable tonight. 

The whole episode was pretty light and funny. I don't get tired of their trick of cutting to the houseguests doing silly things whenever someone references them in the DR. Cheesy but fun. 

As much as I hate to admit it, Analyse was very cute in the episode tonight.  I hate myself for feeling that way but there it is.

4 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Yeah due to preseason football mine started 7 minutes late so I missed the last five or so minutes as well as I only padded out 2 minutes. Ugh.

That annoyed me.  I can see being preempted for a regular season game, but a pre-season game when the back-ups of the back-ups are playing...that is some shameful shit right there.

Plus, it caused me to miss the first seven minutes of Fear of the Walking Dead.  Not cool CBS, not cool.

• Love 3

Jackson/Michie/Whatever his name is this week should have nominated Christie and Nick. Nick is a competitor and, now he could win the veto. If he does, he pulls Christie down and can't be backdoored in her place because veto.

Nick is much more of a threat. Also,still can't believe he's a therapist. Who would even see him as a patient?

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Rosebud1970 said:

Jackson/Michie/Whatever his name is this week should have nominated Christie and Nick. Nick is a competitor and, now he could win the veto. If he does, he pulls Christie down and can't be backdoored in her place because veto.

Nick is much more of a threat. Also,still can't believe he's a therapist. Who would even see him as a patient?

He's no therapist!  Can't be.  I'll bet he's some kind of support person!

Analyse is definitely one of those people who will call from the East Coast (I'm in Arizona) wanting to speak to a specific staff member at 4 AM and when I explain that it's only 4 AM here will respond with "well, I'm in New York and it's 7 AM here!".  Yes, I've had more than a few conversations like that.

Jackson lives on cliches and watermelon.

God, Christie, shut up!

Edited by mertensia
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Rosebud1970 said:

Jackson/Michie/Whatever his name is this week should have nominated Christie and Nick. Nick is a competitor and, now he could win the veto.

I disagree with this, and was glad Nick wasn't nominated. If he's nominated, he's for sure playing in the veto. This way, there's a chance he doesn't get picked. And using the veto on someone else is always dicey. Plus, with Tommy saying he can't save Christy this week after saving her last week, I'm not sure anyone else will be gunning for it but the nominees. That segment felt like setting up Nick as a replacement if one of the two nominees wins veto.

And I hate to say it, but Tommy may be playing the smartest game of anyone. A new alliance with half the house, and friendly relations with the other half ensures he's not really on anyone's radar screen.

• Love 3

Now that was 50 minutes of my life I can never get back, when only 10 minuts was worth watching. Who cares about Analyse's punishment or watching people grovel or, worst of all, a compliation of Jacson-isms?

I want to see Christie go home, I'm manifesting it, and it would be a huge message from Karma. I thought Jackson would nominate Tommy and CHristie and backdoor Nick if one of them got vetoes.

Edited by sunshine23
  • Love 1

Analyse was adorable in her chicken outfit. And the editors' overdubbing of her clucks with ''Salmonella?" was hilarious.

So Christie's become so annoying that even Tommy is thinking of cutting her loose?

Nice move of Cliff to 'fess up to Jackson about the alliance he made last week, then quickly point to the others and say "But THEY'RE the real brains of the outfit, not little old me!" Just keep them underestimating you, Cliff.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

One thing that stood out to me was all the listening at the doors.

Not long ago you had some saying that Cliff was so stupid not whispering his asides to the camera, but since then we've seen plenty of people being eavesdropped on and speaking louder than Cliff did.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, amazingracefan said:

One thing that stood out to me was all the listening at the doors.

Not long ago you had some saying that Cliff was so stupid not whispering his asides to the camera, but since then we've seen plenty of people being eavesdropped on and speaking louder than Cliff did.

Yeah, well, not many of this bunch of HGs have presented themselves as being particularly burdened with an overabundance of smarts.

• LOL 7

To the show's credit, they didn't spent half an hour on the Slip 'n Slide comp like they usually do. Luckily they had other footage to show so they got through that pretty quick. I expected at least two full segments devoted to watching people fall down and then comment on how slippery it was in the DR.

I am not here for the lovable "Aw, shucks, I'm just a good ol' country boy with a bunch of hokey sayin's" edit that Jackson got tonight. 

I for one have not forgotten what an arrogant asshole this guy is, and the show seems to sense the audience is warming to him because he's the underdog now. Yeah Christie is awful and blah blah blah, but Jackson is still 10 times worse to me.

• Love 4

If this was all I had seen of Jackson, I'd be a fan. But since we've seen him be an all-around ass, make Kat cry, and be an arrogant turd, it's too little, too late, I'm afraid. Nice try, Grodner.

Toned-down Tommy is okay too. And he is playing a very good game.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I did have to crack up when Christie was blathering on and on about how close she and Tommy live together and he's like "Why don't you just give them my address while you're at it?"

For two people who pretend they've never met each other before the show, she sure has detailed information on how to get to his place...

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I just loved how started her explanation to the group and someone said... something like "So you're 30 miles from each other" (or whatever it was) and she then pitched in with 'No were actually even CLOSER!! We probably have gone to the same supermarket!" Poor Tommy, those early alliance can really get you as the end closes in.

• LOL 4
45 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

I just loved how started her explanation to the group and someone said... something like "So you're 30 miles from each other" (or whatever it was) and she then pitched in with 'No were actually even CLOSER!! We probably have gone to the same supermarket!" Poor Tommy, those early alliance can really get you as the end closes in.

Christie: “THIRTEEN POINT FIVE MILES!”

...yeah, that’s more than a little FRIKKIN’ SPECIFIC, CHRISTIE...!!!  

🙄

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, Wandering Snark said:

We're even CLOSER!  And we hang out at the same places!  The same GYM!  In fact, that's where I met his aunt …. I mean, that's the place that had ants,  yeah, that's what I meant to say.  

• LOL 6
8 hours ago, Eolivet said:

I disagree with this, and was glad Nick wasn't nominated. If he's nominated, he's for sure playing in the veto. This way, there's a chance he doesn't get picked. And using the veto on someone else is always dicey.

And IF he's nominated and plays for the veto and IF he wins the veto, he pulls himself down, not Christie. Jackson/Michie/Whatever said his target is Christie. With Nick on the block and playing for veto as a nominee, she still is on the block. With Nick playing for veto as a houseguest (and potentially winning it) and taking her off, the target is missed.

I stand by my original statement.

Nick should have been the other nominee, not Anal Lice.

IMHO, Jackson put up Analyse as a pawn because his real target is Christie. He didn't clear it with her beforehand because she might have said "No," and he didn't have any other pawn options besides Holly, who probably wouldn't have agreed to it. So he followed the philosophy that it's better to beg for forgiveness than ask permission.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, BK1978 said:

As much as I hate to admit it, Analyse was very cute in the episode tonight.  I hate myself for feeling that way but there it is.

That annoyed me.  I can see being preempted for a regular season game, but a pre-season game when the back-ups of the back-ups are playing...that is some shameful shit right there.

Plus, it caused me to miss the first seven minutes of Fear of the Walking Dead.  Not cool CBS, not cool.

That might have been a higher power intervening on your behalf as far as fear of the walking dead.

Just joking. Kind of.

I can't wait for Christie to leave. I'm really tired of seeing her chew food with her mouth wide open along with talking at the same time.

I've watched every season except two and by now I've had one or two cast members I'd like to see win. Not this time. I can't stand Jackson or Holly. On the plus side the rest of the house is like milk poured on bread. This season should be called Bland Brother.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Rosebud1970 said:

And IF he's nominated and plays for the veto and IF he wins the veto, he pulls himself down, not Christie. Jackson/Michie/Whatever said his target is Christie. With Nick on the block and playing for veto as a nominee, she still is on the block. With Nick playing for veto as a houseguest (and potentially winning it) and taking her off, the target is missed

Except that if Nick is nominated, and doesn't win the veto and stays up against Christie on the block, Tommy could seemingly martial the votes to keep Christie and send Nick home (especially within their newly formed six). Nick's a comp threat who's won an HoH and a couple (?) vetoes.  If Jackson's goal is to get rid of Christie, he has to put a pawn like Analyse next to her. Sure, Nick could win veto, take himself off and you put Analyse up in his place. But if Nick doesn't win, he's now sitting on the block as a tempting target.

Nick winning the veto and taking Christie down means that three distinct things have to happen: 1) Nick has to get picked for the veto, 2) Nick has to win the veto and 3) Nick has to use it on Christie. There's a lot of wiggle room in those areas, and if they all three happen, to me, that's acceptable risk in order to get the most favorable voting match-up for your chosen target.

• Love 2

Yeah, it wasn't like Jess or Cliff ever had a shot in hell at this thing. BTW, when we were first introduced to Jess at the beginning of this season, didn't she say something about not letting her size fool us because she actually runs marathons or something?

Not so much.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

BTW, when we were first introduced to Jess at the beginning of this season, didn't she say something about not letting her size fool us because she actually runs marathons or something?

I don't remember that claim but she did in the beginning few contests say she was proud to wave the "big girls can ____ " banner in the DR and then moments later be shown falling/ending the comp. So, yeah, she isn't exactly a comp beast.

9 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

I don't remember that claim but she did in the beginning few contests say she was proud to wave the "big girls can ____ " banner in the DR and then moments later be shown falling/ending the comp. So, yeah, she isn't exactly a comp beast.

In her CBS bio, she mentions recently running a half marathon at DisneyWorld.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, sphoebus31 said:

In her CBS bio, she mentions recently running a half marathon at DisneyWorld.

I fully believe that someone can be overweight and still be fairly fit, but I cringe when I see really overweight people jogging, let alone running. I know their motives are excellent and they just want to be healthy, or maybe just enjoy running, but it's so bad for their knees and joints. I wish there were some PSAs to this effect. 

Full disclosure : I'm not a doctor and I'm in horrible shape. But I've heard doctors say this, and I believe them.

By the way, how far is a half marathon? Jess doesn't seem like a runner to me. 

That said, she seems like a nice enough person, and I love how bold her nominations were. She just doesn't seem athletic. 

Just now, Melina22 said:

I fully believe that someone can be overweight and still be fairly fit, but I cringe when I see really overweight people jogging, let alone running. I know their motives are excellent and they just want to be healthy, or maybe just enjoy running, but it's so bad for their knees and joints. I wish there were some PSAs to this effect. 

Full disclosure : I'm not a doctor and I'm in horrible shape. But I've heard doctors say this, and I believe them.

By the way, how far is a half marathon? Jess doesn't seem like a runner to me. 

That said, she seems like a nice enough person, and I love how bold her nominations were. She just doesn't seem athletic. 

13.1 miles

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

She hasn't been bad on the more mental HoH competitions, finished second to Jack in one, and won another.

52 minutes ago, amazingracefan said:

She hasn't been bad on the more mental HoH competitions, finished second to Jack in one, and won another.

Yes, but it was the physical comps that she claimed would be where she'd prove that she could hang and she has not, going out early each time.