Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: Week 3, Part 2

• Start Topic

I'd like to order one Bukowski, please. This guy is the surprise of the season for me. He's quickly becoming my new Nick Viall.

Why was he considered a villain? Why is he pictured with a walker in the opening credits? Why were those asshats Jordan and Demi denigrating him about his age last week? Inquiring minds want to know, since I think he's the hottest, most genuine guy there.

Btw, is it really implied that we should be pining for homeless van people like 26-year-old Dean because Chris is - GASP - 30+?! Wake up guys, this one is the real catch. He gives me hope I might find a decent man my own age...

Still love Jen Saviano. I'd say I wish she ended up with Nick, but...let's not lie, I still want Nick for myself. 😛

• Love 16
1 hour ago, hoosiermom said:

I don’t know about the rest of you, but FF through all the Demi BS and it cut the show down to less than 1hour for me. Good times!

Me too, saved me some serious time.

Previously, Demi said she had been casually dating someone before Paradise. Kristian says they were having a relationship that then ended suddenly so Demi could go on BiP. Hmmm, sounds a lot like Jed's story to me. Please send these 2 home after their date - or is Derek giving them both a rose so they can stay another week?

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, Meraji said:

That's so disgusting of the show to bring on Demi's girlfriend. A new low.

Edited to add that the disgusting part is what the show will do for ratings, not the ladies themselves.

yes, it's pandering.  Aren't we progressive?  We have a show where the men choose the women and the women choose the men, but we've found a way to have two women CHOOSE EACH OTHER!   So Brave!   

how do rose ceremonies work now, going forward with this brave new twist?

2 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Why do they have to pursue their relationship on that beach ? Oh right , so they can have the first LGBT proposal ever on the show . This is the most manipulative storyline this show has ever had . Demi is so truly in love, so why can’t they be in love off camera ? 

It was obviously set up from the start, and I bet Derek was in on it as well.  he was given a deal to act all heartbroken when he gets dumped FOR A GIRL, and then has no choice but  to go on the Bachelor to find love.  

• Love 17
1 hour ago, PTVjones said:

This whole BIP season, and Hannah's season is really solidifying one fact for me. I will most likely not be watching The Bachelor this season. 

I like the 'most likely' part. It's akin to saying you will most likely quit smoking because it's bad for you. And I'm not singling you out I'm talking about all fans of this franchise me being one of them. But man do we let ourselves get jerked around! They play by whatever rules they want and change them whenever it suits them.

Having anyone come in from "the outside" is unconscionable with the way they've treated other's relationships with "outsiders". No, she's okay because Demi loves Chris Harisson and Chris loves her and wants only what is best for her so he'll set the whole show on it's ear. I saw this one coming the minute she asked to talk to CH last episode...Now (I fear) Demi will be universally praised for being so strong and that her and Kristian show how love has no gender yadda yadda. It's easy to do when it's two cute women kissing, let's see how 'accepting' they would be when two guys want to have the most romantic proposal ever at the end of the show set up for them like Demi obviously got them to. And I double down on my comment from last episode that the convo with CH was more about extortion/demands than being so poor and conflicted.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 21

Another thing, Katie... there are times to speak and times to be silent but man did you mix those two up in tonight's episode.

You would have been better off not saying anything early on when you put the breaks on your relationship... then you stayed silent when you should have spoken up!

The time to confess about not saying the right thing because you were scared or insecure whatever was BEFORE you let him go on a date with a new woman to the beach!

So, did you corner him and tell him "sorry for being an idiot earlier" no. You didn't say anything and just let him go with fresh doubts in his mind about your relationship... That's like doubling down the damage and it might just be of the irreparable type now. Sucks for you.

• Love 21

Anyway. I was wondering how those girls were gunna stay cuz it's guys' roses... is Derek gunna give them his & leave? 😂 Looks like CH is gunna "change the rules" & give them a rose. Snooze of an episode. Just more Demi drama & Katie freaking out. 😒

• Love 4

I was Team Kristina all the way. Caitlin was looking for a fight and she got one - that's what happens when you pick a fight with a girl who grew up in a Russian orphanage. I thought she was gas lighting Kristina the whole time. And for the love of Pete can we please retire the faux feminist "women should support women" argument any time a woman feels a perceived slight from another woman and wants to deflect criticism?

I'm really liking this new Chris Bukowski. I remember him from seasons of Bachelor Pad in the past, making fun of Blakely, sleeping with multiple women then plotting to have them voted off, etc. Fighting with Ed and calling himself a "grown ass man!!" He was a total jerk, and now he seems kind and mature...and even sensitive! What a difference a few years can make. 

Demi, Demi. I am so bored. Love Kristian, love someone else, stay single, whatever. I fast forwarded through all her segments. 

• Love 20
10 hours ago, leighdear said:

Caelynn looks like she could be a Duggar daughter.  

I pointed that out to my friend during Colton seasons and sent her a side by side of Caelynn and Jessa Duggar.  It's uncanny. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, leighdear said:

And here comes Demi's girlfriend.  Totally planned and a complete set-up.  Not a surprise to anybody except some of the castaways Demi didn't reveal her bisexuality to already. 

Lies, all lies.  And total bullshit,  

Im so bored--i dont CARE about demi and her girlfriend, are they really going to devote large parts of this episode to someone not from the show? I watch this for thr trash on bachelor nation, and that was a seriously awful thing demi did to derek. I feel so bad for him. and yeah kristina has gone from being a sweetheart and someone who fought a terrible past to being a really nasty person. ugh.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, MsTree said:
8 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

chris Hansen is getting an email from me

Chris Hansen is from "to catch a predator" 😉

Talk about a Freudian slip!!!!

Just wanted to say that watching this show, I don't watch the regular show, is like watching middle school kids in the hallways.  I get that Chris, with walker not the host, has matured and is looking for a mature woman.  Why in the world is he on this show?  It's like they all have stunted growth and are being reinforced with others with stunted growth.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:
8 hours ago, PTVjones said:

This whole BIP season, and Hannah's season is really solidifying one fact for me. I will most likely not be watching The Bachelor this season. 

I like the 'most likely' part. It's akin to saying you will most likely quit smoking because it's bad for you. And I'm not singling you out I'm talking about all fans of this franchise me being one of them. But man do we let ourselves get jerked around! They play by whatever rules they want and change them whenever it suits them.

After years of hopeless, shameful addiction, I did manage to cold turkey "Big Brother," precisely because of too much jerking the viewer around through "twists" that would put hated players back in the house after others had worked hard to get them out.  So expect the unexpected, I might not be back after this mess following so closely behind the horrible Hannah B show.

3 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Another thing, Katie... there are times to speak and times to be silent but man did you mix those two up in tonight's episode.

So, so true.  After Chris came back from his date I think he was giving her another chance and all he got was a stiff, "I like you."  Meanwhile cutting to interviews where she was crying with remorse.  I kept saying, "Don't tell us, Katie, tell him!"  I myself was ready to sob on his shoulder and say, "I'm sorry I was just trying to be the cool girl but it broke my heart to see you walk off with Jen! I love you, Chris!"

• Love 16

I avoided the show mostly last night, but I am truly amazed at the difference in Chris.  I mean, he is a handsome guy and seems so normal.  He is so different from before....  He is better looking than all of the other guys on the show, so I guess that means that BIP needs to step it up in the men department.

• Love 11

Out of all of this nonsense it seems that Chis and Katie have stumbled into some actual feelings.

It feels odd to root for Chris, I've always liked Katie the times the synapses have functioned enough to remember her.......

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

What a difference a few years can make. 

That's why they don't cast older contestants for this show.  Not as manipulate-able, and rather less likely to bring the drama or make hare-brained decisions.

Edited by adhoc
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

yes, it's pandering.  Aren't we progressive?  We have a show where the men choose the women and the women choose the men, but we've found a way to have two women CHOOSE EACH OTHER!   So Brave!   

It was obviously set up from the start, and I bet Derek was in on it as well.  he was given a deal to act all heartbroken when he gets dumped FOR A GIRL, and then has no choice but  to go on the Bachelor to find love.  

Yuppp reminds me of the Arie / Becca situation . She was guaranteed the bachelorette position if she went along with the craziness . 

Ive always found Derek to be underrated . He’s really good looking and seems sweet . Do I feel bad for him with what happened with Demi ? Not really . They’ve known each other 4 days and he said she was acting weird from the first day . I’ve worn the same pair of socks longer than that . Not to mention all the love he’ll get after the show even if he isn’t the bachelor . 

Edited by Jaclyn88
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Yuppp reminds me of the Arie / Becca situation . She was guaranteed the bachelorette position if she went along with the craziness . 

I don't think Derek was in on the whole thing. I don't think he is that good of an actor. Maybe after he found out, he was told if he went along with it amicably, they'd consider him for the next lead. But I doubt they had their sights said on Derek from the beginning. He wasn't that popular before.

• Love 11
11 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Demi's lady friend gives off a mom vibe toward Demi. Demi seems to want the nurturing from the girlfriend and the flirtiness with Derek.  Not good Demi.

And they are going to let her and the girlfriend stay there just to mess with Derek.  That's pretty mean.

That's exactly what we said (and I see that most people saw it that way), Demi looked like a little girl sitting there with her mother. And agreed with everyone else, what exactly is the purpose of her staying there on the beach? 

I could MAYBE understand it if they'd brought the girlfriend in and dragged out the suspense of who Demi would pick, but since they brought her in and Demi made her choice right away, they should be packing up and going home. 

Derek is milking this Bachelor audition isn't he?  Sweet, understanding and just wants someone to be there for him because he's always there for other people. . .

I was cracking up during one of his "crying" scenes, he was trying so damn hard to work up some actual tears, but no go. I wouldn't mind him as the Bachelor, he seems like a fun, well-spoken guy with a little bit of a snarky streak in there. He never threw himself into the drama, but watched it with amusing commentary, so I could see him carrying a show. If Colton and Chris Soules could be tapped to be leads, then Derek is certainly worth a shot.

Is it me or do so many of these girls look alike?? 

Caelynn and Caitlyn could be sisters. Caitlyn looks like the younger, more fresh-faced version of Caelynn and the similarity in names does not help one bit. 

When Nicole was "singing" her little song to Clay, I kept imagining Jed sitting at home, furiously writing down Nicole's lyrics, and thinking, "How did she come up with all this awesome material?  And it even rhymes!"

What on earth was that? I felt embarrassed for Jed's nasal, off-key serenades but at least he was earnest about them. I think even Nicole realized halfway through that her song was not the cute moment she'd hoped for and started trailing off. Clay made a valiant effort to pretend to like it, but oof. Embarrassing...

I think the aspect of Nicole that I find most awkward is that she doesn't know how to act natural in front of the cameras. So many of those little staged moments (like her fanning herself watching Clay work out) come off so badly because she can't stop mugging and pretend she doesn't see the cameras. She also turns her Spanish accent up to 11 in those moments.

It puts the contestants between a rock and a hard place, they can't complain about the "twist" without seeming homophobic so instead we get interview after interview about how brave it was and whatever. 

It all ignores the elephant in the room of what Demi was even doing there if she was in such a great relationship at home and how we went from "I'm casually seeing someone at home" to "I love you with all my heart" and "it kills me that you were dating someone else" etc. I guess the accelerated timeline of love applies even to people NOT on the beach with you, who knew??

The most annoying part to me though was how much time they devoted to this segment. If this were a regular TV show, I'd assume it was a backdoor pilot with the way that they stopped and focused only on 3 people for a solid 45 minutes with barely a nod back to the rest of the group. 

For someone like me who FFs through the 1-1 dates to get back to the drama, this sucked and I was pissed when the credits came up without a return to the rest of the beach.

• Love 16
5 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

You would have been better off not saying anything early on when you put the breaks on your relationship... then you stayed silent when you should have spoken up!

The time to confess about not saying the right thing because you were scared or insecure whatever was BEFORE you let him go on a date with a new woman to the beach!

So, did you corner him and tell him "sorry for being an idiot earlier" no. You didn't say anything and just let him go with fresh doubts in his mind about your relationship... That's like doubling down the damage and it might just be of the irreparable type now. Sucks for you.

Is Katie the one who had a meltdown earlier this season telling Wells it wouldn’t work out? It sounds like she has trouble communicating. Maybe she had a stroke or something 🤷‍♂️

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1

1. I'd be more interested in a Derek season of TB than I would a Peter season. Because i could actually envision Derek finding someone he actually clicked with (even if it's much to his surprise). Peter is mid-20s and already an established Player, as outed by Reality Steve. No chance (IMHO) he would be looking for actual love and commitment.

2. Even though Kristina's manner when talking with Caitlin was not pleasant (it seemed a bit belligerent to me), I actually agreed with the words coming out of her mouth. She made her intentions clear--she wants a "friendship" rose, and if Blake wants to give his rose to her instead of, say, Caitlin, that's up to Blake, and Caitlin should focus on her own relationship with Blake and not on Kristina or Kristina's motives.  Caitlin wanted Kristina to bow out so Caitlin could (possibly) have a chance with Blake. Does Caitlin not understand how BIP works?  

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

That's exactly what we said (and I see that most people saw it that way), Demi looked like a little girl sitting there with her mother. And agreed with everyone else, what exactly is the purpose of her staying there on the beach? 

I could MAYBE understand it if they'd brought the girlfriend in and dragged out the suspense of who Demi would pick, but since they brought her in and Demi made her choice right away, they should be packing up and going home. 

I think the aspect of Nicole that I find most awkward is that she doesn't know how to act natural in front of the cameras. So many of those little staged moments (like her fanning herself watching Clay work out) come off so badly because she can't stop mugging and pretend she doesn't see the cameras. She also turns her Spanish accent up to 11 in those moments.

It puts the contestants between a rock and a hard place, they can't complain about the "twist" without seeming homophobic so instead we get interview after interview about how brave it was and whatever. 

It all ignores the elephant in the room of what Demi was even doing there if she was in such a great relationship at home and how we went from "I'm casually seeing someone at home" to "I love you with all my heart" and "it kills me that you were dating someone else" etc. I guess the accelerated timeline of love applies even to people NOT on the beach with you, who knew??

I agree that Demi's girlfriend looks so much older than she is!

Was I the only one totally cringing when Clay was working out and kept smiling that creepy smile?? It was so bizarre to me!

re: the bolded, I agree. I suspect some of the contestants did not think the set up was fair. They may have nothing against gay relationships, but may still have been afraid to speak up.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

It all ignores the elephant in the room of what Demi was even doing there if she was in such a great relationship at home and how we went from "I'm casually seeing someone at home" to "I love you with all my heart" and "it kills me that you were dating someone else" etc. 

Bingo. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, PhysNerd said:

3) Kristina is way too pathetic.  She wastes a rose on Blake as an attempt to get revenge.  The girl sucks at planning revenges. Why continue to be a "friend" to someone who disrespected her? Girl needs to grow up and move on. Derek is the biggest catch on that beach.  She should pursue him now that the debacle with Demi is over.

I side with you.  She's started to become like Annaliese to me.  And Kristina clearly got work done before this season of BiP.  I agree with the poster who said she's just here for more screentime.  

• Love 1
9 hours ago, PTVjones said:

I couldn't agree more. 

I don't understand why tptb wanted Demi on this season of BIP so badly.  I couldn't stand her on Colton's season and she's even more irritating to me now.  Why flip this show over just to please her?  

I was hoping to see Jordan find a new love after what happened with Jenna, but instead they screwed it up and sent him home.  And I had been looking forward to more of Hannah G but she turned into a huge disappointment for me, too.  I think I've had enough of this franchise.

• Love 6

For the first time in a long time, I didn't watch an episode of BIP.  

Main reason is that I have been binge watching Love Island UK season five and really needed to see how it ended as after 7 years and JP Rosenbaum, I have a new favorite reality TV guy in Greg.

I might be back next week but we'll see as like others, I feel like this show has run it's course.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Dean & Caelynn and Hannah & not-Blake (forgot his name) are at a 9th grade makeout party in the pool.

They looked like floating manatees and they probably have the combined intelligence of one.  How boring would it be to just sit in a pool clinging to one another like Jack to Rose's door.  

It looks like Katie was reading a book when she was talking to Blake.  Did anyone catch the title of it?  I feel for her and Chris a bit.  That whole situation played out like a bad rom-com.   Use your words!  You two are seemingly the more aware people on the beach so communicate.  On a shallow note, I think Katie is much prettier than Jen.  

The Caitlin/Kristina fight did no favors for either of them.  However if I knew someone was talking mad smack about me to everyone behind my back and then came up to me with a "Hey Girlie", I would of reacted like Kristina.  That made my hackles raise.  

Wells expression when Demi didn't know who Nelson Mandela was priceless.  How do you not know who Nelson Mandela is?  That made me sad and mad to think that she wasn't taught that part of history.  (Or at the very least couldn't remember it but com'on)

Derek is 32 so why is Chris getting the old man edit?  LOL

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10

I don't understand why tptb wanted Demi on this season of BIP so badly.  I couldn't stand her on Colton's season and she's even more irritating to me now.  Why flip this show over just to please her?  

The Bachelor franchise wants to boast about how gay friendly it is. "Look at us! We're hip and happening! We stan all love relationships--gay, straight, whatever!"

Plus, it's all slotted into a quick little summer story line. No super amount of effort expended on scoring points with TB's gay viewership. 

Does Demi "have something" on someone in production, also? I have no idea, but you all make me wonder now...

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, LBS said:

I think it's because he's just been around the bachelor block so much he just appears to be older than what he actually is.

Well thank God you guys have some damn common sense.  I didn't understand all the Demi love on Twitter so I came here where I could read some intelligent posts.   Send Demi and her gf on their way if they've decided to stay together.  This is the problem I've always had with this show.  Too many couples group together quickly, don't go out on any other dates, and don't really do anything else except take up space and mooch off a free vacation.  If you've decided you have meet your mate good LEAVE and give the space to someone who will add something to this show. 

2 minutes ago, adhoc said:

The Bachelor franchise wants to boast about how gay friendly it is. "Look at us! We're hip and happening! We stan all love relationships--gay, straight, whatever!"

WORD!  There are other dating shows that display fluid sexual people in relationships that aren't used to show how progressive a show is....

• Love 4

Well, that was an embarrassing pile of self-congratulatory, virtue-signaling bullshit. Since when do you get to just import randoms from home? Although it's an inside joke that lady/lady couples move fast, the over dramatic weeping and constant kissing suggests they've been exclusive 6+ months and were invited to do the show as an LGBT PSA. And then they get to stay and get a date card???? Be more obvious producers. Way to shit on Derek. I hope they told him. It's obvious they're just salivating over the impending publicity of a lesbian proposal. Worse, Twitter is already tripping over itself to fawn over Demi and Kristian. Bleck! Somewhere, Jed's eyes are rolling into the sun. Kristian is weirdly stern and seems much older than 27. She and Demi have a strange mommy/daughter vibe.

• Love 22
On 8/21/2019 at 6:00 AM, thejuicer said:

I was Team Kristina all the way. Caitlin was looking for a fight and she got one - that's what happens when you pick a fight with a girl who grew up in a Russian orphanage. I thought she was gas lighting Kristina the whole time. And for the love of Pete can we please retire the faux feminist "women should support women" argument any time a woman feels a perceived slight from another woman and wants to deflect criticism?

I don’t know if I’m on either one’s side. Caitlin was bad mouthing Kristina but then approached her friendly, and Kristina was immediately defensive. She had no idea what Caitlin said, right? If she did, I guess her reaction would make more sense. I didn’t like Caitlin’s fakeness or Kristina’s aggression. 

Totally agree with needing to retire the constant “women should support women.” Forgive me for my little rant, but this is actually a pet peeve of mine. I can’t stand when people say this, especially in certain circumstances. I do expect women to back up other women more on circumstances of sexual assault because most of us have been there on some level at some point. Men will never know what it’s like to be in our bodies and deal with the things we do. Perhaps some women are ugly towards their fellow woman, but that’s not most of us. As far as I’m concerned we’re all just people who should be kind to one another. Women are allowed to not get along with other women and have issues with them. It doesn’t make you antifeminist. I also find it quite corny to throw around “support women.” I’ve heard it used for everything from getting me to watch entertainers I don’t enjoy to watching women’s sports. I don’t even watch men’s sports, so please leave me alone about not supporting women. Just because I have the same genitalia as half the population doesn’t mean it’s all that determines who I vote for, what I watch, and who I like.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 18

Reasons I think the Demi thing was planned crap:

1. Really? Hannah B. just decided to show up in Mexico to check up on Demi? 
2. Based only on the GF's first name, Chris Harrison was able to find her, convince her to come to Paradise, and get her there in roughly a day, tops. 
3. They're letting Demi and GF stay, because...why? I mean, there is absolutely no chance either will give/take a rose to/from anyone else in Paradise, because they LURVE each other. Demi found and fell in love with her GF outside of the rules and confines of Paradise. She now has her clarity. They can leave now. Otherwise, ABC basically just gave them a vacation. 

• Love 20
7 minutes ago, Captain Asshat said:

2. Based only on the GF's first name, Chris Harrison was able to find her, convince her to come to Paradise, and get her there in roughly a day, tops. 
3. They're letting Demi and GF stay, because...why? I mean, there is absolutely no chance either will give/take a rose to/from anyone else in Paradise, because they LURVE each other. Demi found and fell in love with her GF outside of the rules and confines of Paradise. She now has her clarity. They can leave now. Otherwise, ABC basically just gave them a vacation. 

I don’t get this either. Demi knows who she wants. Why are they there? Good for the show for being woke and all, but it’s not making sense with the process of the show. Is it all about a same sex couple drawing in ratings? 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Captain Asshat said:

You’re forgetting two important things:

1) There is a silent majority of fans (maybe they’re on Twitter?) who believe everything these shows put out there. They lack all reason or thought and are completely gullible and easily manipulated. This is who the show caters to now 

2) As much as we protest here and just want a silly, summer romp of goofy people making out and making fools of themselves, the show has obviously doubled down on the “love” aspect with the clear goal being to have at least one couple get engaged at the end of the season. To that end, I think contestants have been encouraged that this is the goal and now play along. 

I suggest finding a new show because this show is no longer what we signed up for. Love Island UK (or any of the versions other than the US) is a good option. Seems much more genuine and has realistic expectations. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LBS said:

It looks like Katie was reading a book when she was talking to Blake.  Did anyone catch the title of it?  I feel for her and Chris a bit.  That whole situation played out like a bad rom-com.   Use your words!  You two are seemingly the more aware people on the beach so communicate.  On a shallow note, I think Katie is much prettier than Jen.  

Same.  Katie is incredibly gorgeous.  Her personality is a little weird but she's gorgeous.

1 hour ago, LBS said:

He is?!!?!?  I can't believe he thinks Demi and Taylor are his types, then.  That's sad.  No wonder things never work out.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

You’re forgetting two important things:

1) There is a silent majority of fans (maybe they’re on Twitter?) who believe everything these shows put out there. They lack all reason or thought and are completely gullible and easily manipulated. This is who the show caters to now 

2) As much as we protest here and just want a silly, summer romp of goofy people making out and making fools of themselves, the show has obviously doubled down on the “love” aspect with the clear goal being to have at least one couple get engaged at the end of the season. To that end, I think contestants have been encouraged that this is the goal and now play along. 

I suggest finding a new show because this show is no longer what we signed up for. Love Island UK (or any of the versions other than the US) is a good option. Seems much more genuine and has realistic expectations. 

Eh...I think it's just that the show, in the past, has done a much better job of holding up the pretense of it being about "a second chance at love," while letting it be a drunken, sexual free-for-all that we all watch it for. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I don’t know if I’m on either one’s side. Caitlin was bad mouthing Kristina but then approached her friendly, and Kristina was immediately defensive. She had no idea what Caitlin said, right? If she did, I guess her reaction would make more sense. I didn’t like Caitlin’s fakeness or Kristina’s aggression. 

Totally agree with needing to retire the constant “women should support women.” Forgive me for my little rant, but this is actually a pet peeve of mine. I can’t stand when people say this, especially in certain circumstances. I do expect women to back up other women more on circumstances of sexual assault because most of us have been there on some level at some point. Men will never know what it’s like to be in our bodies and deal with the things we do. Perhaps some women are ugly towards their fellow woman, but that’s not most of us. As far as I’m concerned we’re all just people who should be kind to one another. Women are allowed to not get along with other women and have issues with them. It doesn’t make you antifeminist. I also find it quite corny to throw around “support women.” I’ve heard it used for everything from getting me to watch entertainers I don’t enjoy to watching women’s sports. I don’t even watch men’s sports, so please leave me alone about not supporting women. Just because I have the same genitalia as half the population doesn’t meant it’s all that determines who I vote for, what I watch, and who I like.

so much word to this!! "women should support women" in this case translated to passive aggressive manipulation.  I' pretty sure Kristina made a comment before Caitlin approached her about how much all the girls "loved her."  She knew what was coming and she already had her back up.

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

I really enjoyed Love Island US actually.  Even better, for this Canadian, there was a Canadian guy on there and Canadians were able to help influence the vote by downloading the app, etc.  Pretty awesome.

For me it's

Temptation Island
Love Island
Bachelor in Paradise
Paradise Hotel

21 minutes ago, SassyCat said:

Where was JPJ and Tayshia during this episode? A real couple and cute to boot.  No time for them because of Demi and girlfriends extended air time?

Boo!

I agree, and also, What About Wells?  That's what the show could be called.  I understand his role is not important but then why is he even cast at all?  Good for him I guess, he gets to collect a paycheck, but I think the point is that he's extremely cute, and we like him, and we don't even get to see him.

I'm sorry, but why IS Kristina there?  If it's just to "stir up trouble" then there's no point.  If everyone is angry at Demi for being there, I would think the same could apply to Kristina.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4

Kristina had every right to have her back up.  She could see Caelynn and Caitlyn talking right before Caitlyn came to give her "you suck, now support women!" speech...and I'm sure they were not subtle in showing that they (C&C) were talking about Kristina.  And I didn't find Kristina defensive at all--she answered the questions posed to her and when SHE didn't allow Caitlyn to fluster her or steer the narrative, Caitlyn became flustered and couldn't get back on track.  Except to say how "awful" Kristina was/is.  IDK if Caitlyn thought they'd be edited differently, but that was just a sad attempt to mix faux girl code, intimidation and her pre-decided narrative to bring Kristina to heel.  I'm glad it didn't work.  Kinda hoping neither of the C's find anything but Ls at Paradise.

• Love 14