Type keyword(s) to search

L&O: CI Actors in Other Roles

You should be able to see it On Demand if you have cable, Wendy.  Not sure if it can be bought from iTunes or Amazon, though CBS often streams shows on their website.

It was good to see KE again. 

Edited by roseha

You should be able to see it On Demand if you have cable, Wendy.  Not sure if it can be bought from iTunes or Amazon, though CBS often streams shows on their website.

It was good to see KE again. 

I do have cable, but non-digital, so no On Demand. And I checked Amazon and it does have all seasons, including the current one (S4) where you can either buy the season pass or individual episodes.  :-)  So I'm set. All there is to do is wait 'til it's up (which will likely be tomorrow).

But thanks, @roseha! I look forward to seeing KE again.

Oh, great Wendy, the reason I wasn't sure is that CBS has that "All Access" pay site rather than putting their shows on Hulu, for example, so it's good to know you can get Elementary, for example,on Amazon.  It's not like they advertise it much, I barely saw the one promo with Kathryn in it.  I won't spoil anything, but she is in the whole episode.

Oh, great Wendy, the reason I wasn't sure is that CBS has that "All Access" pay site rather than putting their shows on Hulu, for example, so it's good to know you can get Elementary, for example,on Amazon.  It's not like they advertise it much, I barely saw the one promo with Kathryn in it.  I won't spoil anything, but she is in the whole episode.

Yeah, Amazon has helped me out more than once where shows are concerned! I bought the episode. Glad to know KE is on throughout.

Now I just have to get enough time to watch it!  :-)

So...I have been dabbling more in Elementary (S1) and David Harbour was among the guest stars. He was in "Silver Lining" in S4 as the silver thief and, most memorably, pervy psycho father wanting to take his family to heaven by offing them all in "Family Values" in S8.

Considering Goren/Eames have been compared to original Holmes and Watson, it's funny he ended up on its modern take on Elementary (as did KE weeks ago, obviously!).

Apparently, it is Courtney B. Vance playing Johnnie Cochran in FX's OJ miniseries. Another role, another lawyer!

Damn it, I missed the premiere. Is it going to re-air? I'm mostly looking forward to seeing Sarah Paulson, even in a bad wig, but seeing Vance again will be nice too.

Damn it, I missed the premiere. Is it going to re-air? I'm mostly looking forward to seeing Sarah Paulson, even in a bad wig, but seeing Vance again will be nice too.

You should be able to catch it on demand. But if you can't, it will re-air after the second episode at midnight. Looks like the second episode airs at its normal time at 10:00 pm then repeats at 11. Then the first episode at midnight. Per my xfinity cable guide.

Neal Huff, who played "Take your hands off Teddy! Don't touch Teddy!" (Jay Mohr's assistant in "Rispetto") was excellent in the movie Spotlight as Phil Saviano, the head of the Survivor Network for those Abused by Priests (SNAP). And of course, Jamey Sheridan playing a Jim Sullivan, a shady, but conflicted defense attorney who helped the Catholic church.

(Also, Spotlight is just an excellent movie. Go see it if you love journalism, Boston or just great acting in general!)

I just watched "Diamond Dogs" on WE and I can't believe I never made the connection before today. Peter Scanavino.... who played the hapless son, Johnny.... he's on SVU as Carisi!

Yeah. The Dick Wolf Casting Agency strikes again.  :-) Peter Scanavino, Kelli Giddish, both on CI and cast on SVU. I think the former was also a guest on the Mothership, too.

• Love 1

So USA showed "Con-Text" in the early morning a day or so ago. The guy who played Doug, the guy brainwashed by Gracenote to kill his mob-connected father and brother for money, I looked up the actor (named Sean Dugan) because I wanted to know if he was on another show because the actor looked familiar. Anyway, I never knew he was yet another actor with the Oz/L&O franchise connection.

And he must have been a regular or heavily recurring since his character is listed in a bunch of episodes.

There definitely had to be BTS folks that worked on both shows.

On another note, while not an actor, long-time Wolf shows director, Jean de Segonzac, per Deadline, will direct the upcoming back door Chicago Law pilot (which will be on one of the existing Chicago shows).

Watching an Elementary repeat on my local CBS affiliate when I heard Eric Bogosian's voice. Aside from looking grayer, he still looks the same!

So it makes two regular cast members who've appeared on the show: Bogosian and Kathryn Erbe.

Former CI guest stars Richard Kind and David Harbour have also appeared.

I just watched a mothership episode from the first season (the Mayflower Madam story) and there was Courtney B. Vance, mustache free, as a fixer for the Mayor who comes around to Ben Stone trying to bribe him off the case with promises of a bigger office and a crack task force if he'll just shut up about the millionaire perv clients.  Uncredited for some reason, but unmistakable.

14 hours ago, Totale said:

I just watched a mothership episode from the first season (the Mayflower Madam story) and there was Courtney B. Vance, mustache free, as a fixer for the Mayor who comes around to Ben Stone trying to bribe him off the case with promises of a bigger office and a crack task force if he'll just shut up about the millionaire perv clients.  Uncredited for some reason, but unmistakable.

He was on the Mothership in a later episode, too, in Season 5 in "Rage" as the perp on trial for murder. I always kid about the Dick Wolf Casting Agency, but it does seem like he and his casting people cherry picked many from guest stints or whatnot to be regular cast members on that show or the offshoots. As least if Wolf likes you, he keeps you in mind for the future!

Came across a pivotal scene of VDO's from Full Metal Jacket on YT. Knew it was a war movie but have never seen it (not my thing), but it was a link off some other video I was watching and...eeeekkk. Let's just say his character brought the crazy there.

I read an interview once with Vincent...not sure if you folks have heard this, but he said that it was Kubrick who told him: "It's not enough to be real, you have to be interesting."

!!!

• Love 1
On 7/13/2016 at 10:58 PM, roseha said:

I read an interview once with Vincent...not sure if you folks have heard this, but he said that it was Kubrick who told him: "It's not enough to be real, you have to be interesting."

!!!

I haven't but it's not surprising! He even posted something Kubrick related on his FB page. He clearly respected the guy! And why not, he seemed to really have pushed VDO into a killer (literally) performance! (I did read he had to gain 60 lb for the FMJ role.)

On 8/24/2016 at 1:03 AM, Cobalt Stargazer said:

David Harbour, who has been in each iteration of L & O, has a role as - wait for it - a crooked cop in The Equalizer.

Shocking!   :-)  Seems many an actor who were either guest stars (the aforementioned David Harbour) or regular cast members (Eric Bogosian, Kathryn Erbe)  of CI also pop up at various points on Elementary, which is a modern-day take on Holmes and Watson, with Lucy Liu as Watson. 

Which seems to be what Goren and Eames were a decade before...

Apparently, VDO will be in a remake of Death Wish playing the main character's brother, the brother being played by Bruce Willis. Apparently, Elisabeth Shue is playing Willis' wife. I wonder if she and VDO will reminisce about Adventures In Babysitting, where VDO played the Thor lookalike? Hee. (Yes, I do own the movie. It was fun!)

The only trouble with Chris going on TGW spinoff is his character seemed very tied to Julianna Margulies' (duh, right? Their characters being married and all...) But if he gets the opportunity, good for him!

Just too bad the spinoff will be limited to CBS All Access, i.e. not on TV.

It will start on reg CBS and then that.  I am just happy there is a possibility for him.  I wish he was this enthusiastic about Logan.  And whatever happened to that promise of 10 current episodes Dick Wolf teased us with?

15 minutes ago, Maherjunkie said:

It will start on reg CBS and then that.  I am just happy there is a possibility for him.  I wish he was this enthusiastic about Logan.  And whatever happened to that promise of 10 current episodes Dick Wolf teased us with?

Yeah, but I think only the pilot will be on CBS, not the entire series. Stupid, but CBS must think  it'll work.

Huh. I don't remember that. I do recall there was some spitballing about a short series from TV Line, but it was more like "if this actor can be free at this time" sort of deal. It'd be great, but I think the clock is really ticking.

I know Sam Waterston is attached to Grace and Frankie, but I'm sure he gets downtime. S. Epatha Merkerson is on Chicago Med, but that's another Wolf show, so she could do it. Except I thought someone mentioned on SVU that someone else was head of the 27th now. Eh, whatever. What shall be, shall be!

One can hope!

• Love 1
On 10/18/2016 at 2:31 AM, WendyCR72 said:

Huh. I don't remember that. I do recall there was some spitballing about a short series from TV Line, but it was more like "if this actor can be free at this time" sort of deal. It'd be great, but I think the clock is really ticking.

You are correct. Here are the links to the stories that seemed to be the source of the talk.

http://deadline.com/2015/02/law-and-order-limited-series-return-nbc-1201367497/

http://tvline.com/2015/08/13/law-and-order-revival-series-update-cast-nbc/

One can hope!

Exactly. We can always hope, but not necessarily expect. If this was a CBS show it would probably be under active development to premiere on the network and then go over to their new streaming service. It would probably make the most sense as a summer series and/or paired with True Crime, but I'm sure it's very complicated and as much as everyone involved would like to do it there are all sorts of complications. The creative ones can be easily worked around and I'd be fine with hand waving away anything from SVU dialogue. The financial ones can be dealt with - as CI shows Dick Wolf knows how to make things work. The actors' scheduling and contractual obligations might be impossible to overcome along with the NBC executive decision making process.

Oh, @Maherjunkie!

Looks like Chris Noth may have another NBCUniversal show in the offing, playing an FBI agent. Details here.

* Chris Noth (The Good Wife) will star in the 12-episode procedural drama Gone, which has received a series order from NBCUniversal International Studios. Based on Chelsea Cain’s novel One Kick, the show follows the survivor of a famous child abduction case and the FBI agent (Noth) who rescued her and later recruits her to a special task force.