Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: I'd Like To Kill Ya, But I Just Washed My Hair

• Start Topic

A usually reserved Beth Ann attempts to spice up her marriage. Simone turns to Naomi's son Tommy for solace after finding out Karl hasn't been as good at covering his adulterous tracks as he let on. Eli checks an item off of his sexual bucket list, but his happiness is short lived when he realizes there's more to Taylor and Jade's relationship than he initially thought.

Coming to CBS All Access on Thursday, August 22, 2019.

This made me hungry for pecan pie! 

Promos spoiled me on a lot of the episode's big events (shower sex gone wrong, the threesome, sex in the mobile sex den), but I liked how the episode got to all those places. Taylor lying to Eli about her feelings for Jade is interesting.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, CRT said:

Taylor lying to Eli about her feelings for Jade is interesting.

Yes, and having watched countless fictionalized crime shows,
I am expecting Jade of the foster-home upbringing to convince Taylor to poison* Eli
—for whatever ostensible reason
—but in reality so she (Jade) can finally live happily ever after in the mansion she deserves.
And if I'm right, Taylor better watch her own back. Notice we see Taylor looking adoringly at Jade
—but not the other way around.

because Crime Show 101 has taught me that females use poison

Unfortunately, BethAnn seems more likely to off the lover than the philandering hubby, except that in the opening bit, the boy grew up to see 3 bodies carried out of the house over the decades, but that could work if BethAnn further cultivates her friendship with the waitress and brings her home
—which could also be a little hilarious.

So far Lucy Liu and Alicia Coppola as Sheila Mosconi are underutilized
—which is a typical problem with a big cast in a telenovela-ish script.
I suppose the final season of Elementary might still have been filming when the first episodes of WWK were being shot
—but I don't think so.
Regardless, Lucy Liu seems to have the most superficial role, but, hey, it was the 80s. 

• Love 3

This show continues to be great.  I love all the stories now.  Even the current one which had the slowest start is actually fascinating.  Taylor lying to Eli about Jade and how close they actually are.  That had a lot of potential for a really good story.

i continue to really love Beth Anne.  It’s hard to know where I stand on Rob.  There are so many times I was hoping She would just tell him she knew about his mistress but what fun would that be.   I also really enjoy the friendship between Beth Ann  and Shiela.

I liked the way Simone and Tommy actually happened.   Simone tried to do the right thing for a second there  by being friends with Tommy’s mother but her outright glee at The idea of Simone having marital problems was good excuse as any for Simone to jump into bed with Tommy.

I really liked the opening scene with the same person witnessing the after effects of whatever murders happen in that house,  it will be interesting to see each one unfold.  

- Rob is too obvious a pick.  So I pick Rob.  

-  Simone kills Tommy’s mother who threatens to expose Simone because Tommy has been lying about his age. 

-  Taylor kills Jade who turns out to be the crazy one.   

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 3

I agree with Tommy.  Lucy Liu is a freaking goddess.

3 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

So far Lucy Liu and Alicia Coppola as Sheila Mosconi are underutilized
—which is a typical problem with a big cast in a telenovela-ish script.
I suppose the final season of Elementary might still have been filming when the first episodes of WWK were being shot
—but I don't think so.
Regardless, Lucy Liu seems to have the most superficial role, but, hey, it was the 80s. 

Totally agree; both these women are so magnetic!  I love your taste!

• Love 2
7 hours ago, rhys said:

I hope it's been 2 days & Tommy is now 18-- I don't want Simone to go to jail!

Heh, the same thought went through my mind, but when Simone turned him down the first time, she used the word felony, but when he asks, "Where should we go?" she replies, "You're a man now. Figure it out," which to me means that it is at least 2 days later and "now" he's 18
—which perhaps also barely attempts to sidestep any #metoo triggers in the audience.

The camp factor was almost a deal breaker for me with Simone and the teen boy. That is, I found it hard to believe that  sex would last long enough (more than a few minutes) for her to not feel used (especially in the van), and I thought it implausible that a middle aged woman of the 80s would  think a sexless marriage was par for the course
—especially with Simone being so self absorbed. IDK.

Edited by shapeshifter
7 hours ago, rhys said:

I hope it's been 2 days & Tommy is now 18-- I don't want Simone to go to jail!

More then likely yes.  Sinpne’s Husband was probably in the hospital for at least two days.  Plus Simone initially turned down Tommy’s advances because of his mother.   I would say it’s been at least a week.  

Lucy has wanted to get back to doing comedy for years now, so I love that this lets her camp it up and have all the best lines and costumes.  SO much fun!  

And I sincerely appreciate any show that recognizes and celebrates the fact that she is one of the most gorgeous human beings on earth. (A goddess is right, Tommy!) I know Elementary was essentially a procedural but it always baffled me that Watson could never get a decent date. 

Lucy also directed one of the upcoming episodes, so I’m really excited for that. I’m biased, but I think she has a fantastic directorial eye. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, TaraS1 said:

Lucy has wanted to get back to doing comedy for years now, so I love that this lets her camp it up and have all the best lines and costumes.  SO much fun!  

And I sincerely appreciate any show that recognizes and celebrates the fact that she is one of the most gorgeous human beings on earth. (A goddess is right, Tommy!) I know Elementary was essentially a procedural but it always baffled me that Watson could never get a decent date. 

Lucy also directed one of the upcoming episodes, so I’m really excited for that. I’m biased, but I think she has a fantastic directorial eye. 

Agreeing with everything you're saying.   I'm a big fan of hers too.

I didn't know she wanted to get back into comedy.  That's great.

I recently started watching the show "Joey" and she has a 3 episode stint on it.  She's soooo adorable.  I was so happy with it.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Just started watching.  Am I supposed to sympathize at all with Taylor?  I mean, sure, Eli's been a bit of an idiot and is clearly attracted to Jade.  But he also clearly only case about Taylor's emotional involvement, not Jade's preference between them.  Eli was listing violations of the rules in the first episode.  It seems she's been violating more of them and the ones that are truly important.

Holy hell, Beth Ann's scene in the shower was awkward to watch.  I didn't even really feel it was all that funny.  the joke seemed to be largely at her expense.  The conversation at the doctor's office/hospital, was good though and very, very sad. 

Lucy Liu continues to be one of my favorite humans.  And I'm glad that they set it u so that she didn't seek out her friend's son, he sought her (as anyone with a pulse and the barest attraction to women rightly would).  

Edited by RachelKM