Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E15: Reunion, Part 1

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, cameron said:

She is not a top producer in  Charleston.

I don’t think anyone was claiming she was  since she started at the same time as the show and probably makes a lot more on the show than she would being a new RE agent.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Craig is hard on a woman.

I thought Craig was the best of the bunch, but after this past season, that's not saying much. His lackadaisical attitude would drive any woman crazy, during that episode where his assistant came to his house and he's still in bed at 1pm, haven't opened any boxes or done stuff his assistant asked him to check on. Then his rage out of nowhere at Austen during Cameran's party where Austen had the audacity to go home at 11pm. And then all that Naomie said things that Craig called her in the past. 

Like Shep, I think Craig is an alcoholic. His disdain for Metul not taking shots just because *gasp*, he has to wake up early the next day is a clear sign. He probably just manages or hides his alcoholism better than Shep.

22 hours ago, izabella said:

Where is all his rage coming from?  He has every advantage, including wealth, and could have the best life if only he'd live it.   Clearly, it's not internalized rage at his mom or mommy issues since he wuvs her because she drove him around to all his after-school activities and sports.

Alcoholism, maybe? Not only it damages the liver, but the brain too, no? Isn't that where the term "raging alcoholic" came from?

I won't be surprised if it ends up that Shep not only needs an intervention or self-introspection soon, but rehab. He's getting there. He already got a liver scare, which didn't stop him from still drinking. But all that rage and attitude issues, combined with alcohol, nicotine and drugs,  make for the perfect recipe.

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 8

When mentioning Chelsea's 'do, I forgot to comment on the bit from the trailer where Kathryn was asking the stylist to cover 2/3 of her forehead with her hair (or something like that).  IIRC her forehead was not covered, and whether her clothing/makeup was too much or was great, I thought her hair was fine!  I guess Chelsea got a different stylist?  Or maybe she asked for something else just like Kathryn did and instead got that 1960s teacher pompadour.  

Edited by Jobiska
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Interesting.

Well, I think Naomie had a much better season this year. She came off much better.  Craig is hard on a woman.  Maybe Metul isn't as hard on a woman.

Wait when was it that she cyber bullied that artist after stealing his design?

Was it after filming ended for this season or during it?

Or is Bravo going to trot out all those IG posts for next season and make her look like a villain?

That would be better than the usual tired stuff about her bf or Craig or that website of hers with the stupid name.

• Love 3

I stopped liking Cameron a long time ago when she refused to meet Kathryn for coffee. Kathryn was  on the outs with Landon, Whitney, and Thomas, and she very heartless to just tell her no when Kathryn asked for an hour of her time. Shep has become more stuck up I feel. 

• Love 11
20 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

I stopped liking Cameron a long time ago when she refused to meet Kathryn for coffee. Kathryn was  on the outs with Landon, Whitney, and Thomas, and she very heartless to just tell her no when Kathryn asked for an hour of her time. Shep has become more stuck up I feel. 

And then the next season, she was all right with Kathryn.

Likely the producers used the snub of Kathryn as a story line that season and then flipped it the next season.

The cast had to take sides on Kathryn vs. Thomas feud.

And every time they introduce someone new, there may be more taking sides.  Maybe if Madison returns next season, she has to go through this initiation about whether she's acceptable to the cast.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jobiska said:

When mentioning Chelsea's 'do, I forgot to comment on the bit from the trailer where Kathryn was asking the stylist to cover 2/3 of her forehead with her hair (or something like that).  IIRC her forehead was not covered, and whether her clothing/makeup was too much or was great, I thought her hair was fine! 

Ohhhhhh!  This is why she always does that weird super low part in her hair!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Golden Girl said:

I hope Shep’s family holds an intervention for his arrogant, entitled, “I am better than you” attitude. He is really showing an awful core. 

They are probably 100% behind him. He threw grandma under the bus, I doubt the rest of his family is much different.

• Love 5

What I learned this episode:   Shep gets his snobbery from his grandmother.  Vero beach/zero beach.  And apparently he cares about Madison very much.

Chelsea, what happened?  What were you thinking.  You usually look great.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Yup. This prompted one of my first feelings of distaste for her as a person while firming my disgust at her crass 'social-climbing’ ways.

• Love 8

What would I do without preachy Bravo to remind me on every show that men are worthless, overbearing, controlling children and women are perfect angels who can do no wrong?

And, Austen, you are a dopey, pathetic, desperate white knight. I have no idea why any woman would give you the time of day.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, BookElitist said:

Yup. This prompted one of my first feelings of distaste for her as a person while firming my disgust at her crass 'social-climbing’ ways.

Kathryn was apparently very difficult to film with often delaying filming for hours and other issues so it seemed pragmatic to me. Can also didn’t invite Thomas to her dinner party or go hangout with him on his own which is all she was refusing to do with Kathryn she didn’t refuse to film with her just not go out of her way to pretend they were friends.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I actually liked Cameran more for this. It wasn’t heartless or cruel, it was just good old common sense. IMO Kathryn has been far ruder and much more inconsiderate to other cast members, Ashley excepted. Every snub Kathryn’s received has been richly deserved. I think it’s telling that while they were prepping in the makeup trailers,  Naomie said Kathryn would not stand up for Danni. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, izabella said:

People keep saying this, and I'm mystified because all I saw was too heavy makeup (those eyelids were horrid!), and completely inappropriate and unattractive dress.  The looks she chooses always wear her - she cannot carry any of them off because she is uncomfortable in her own skin except when she's wearing her Amazon faux leather leggings.

I also thought her makeup was way too heavy, especially the eyeshadow. I liked the color of the dress but thought it too much for the show. Having said that, I have never understood why they dress to the nines to sit in a circle and talk about the season. The same applies to the housewives. It looks stupid to me. Cocktail attire would be a better choice if they felt the need to dress up. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Hey Shep, the Jerk Store called. They.... well, they still don’t want you back. 

Seriously though, he sucks. Misogyny. Classism. Casual racism. He’s really the total package! He may have a high IQ but his EQ is amongst the lowest. 

I don’t know y’all. I usually detest Kathryn’s  over the top get-ups, as well as heavy eye makeup (especially purple). But for some reason, KD’s whole reunion look was really working for me. She looked incredibly beautiful—perhaps the prettiest I’ve ever seen. Especially when contrasted with the flashback of her on WWHL with Pat. Her demeanor and her look were both very cringe-inducing on that appearance. 

Andy acting like Cam was the show’s co-host was ridiculous and annoying—and I don’t even mind her in general. But deferring to her opinion on EVERY subject was grating. Like, why ask Cam if she thought Craig was addicted to Adderall... why not ask Katherine, who actually has some experience with addiction ? 

I still feel bad for Danni. She really was a victim in Madison’s ploy to take Shep down, and didn’t deserve that. Whether it’s true about the VD or not is comply irrelevant at this point. I am not the biggest Nomi fan but she’ll definitely gain some respect from me if she follows through and sticks up for Danni in part 2. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, BookElitist said:

Kathryn gave people PLENTY of reasons to shun her.

She was often out of control, screaming at people.

She said worse things than Ashley and screamed it at people.

The rest of the cast were forced to appear on camera with her though in those early seasons, they had Jennifer Snowden and now Danni be the ones to appear with her the most in camera.

They're being politic but if you notice, they don't go out of their way to appear with her, like have individual scenes with her.  It's usually part of a larger group or when the whole group is pretty much forced to these fake events.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Babyfoot said:

IMO Kathryn has been far ruder and much more inconsiderate to other cast members, Ashley excepted.

Kathryn is in a better place now, but yes, she was a pain in the ass in the earlier seasons. Does anyone not remember her heartless lunch with Snowden where Jennifer was crying about her son's condition and Kathryn looked like she'd rather be anywhere but there? And this was a former friend of hers. Not an enemy like Ashley.

• Love 20
On 8/22/2019 at 7:40 PM, RedInk said:

Wait, what? Is this the prevailing thought about an entire region of our country? In 2019? Pockets of the south may be "racist, misogynistic, elitist and violent," but so are parts of any city anywhere in the US and the world. It's hardly ingrained in me (a professional and a woman) or in the culture. Holy shit. 

So also, IMO, Chelsea's hair killed her whole look (very Designing Women); Shep is ruined by wealth, not region, and he'd be just as big a dick if he grew up on Martha's Vineyard; Kathryn's still a mess. 

Absofuckinglutely.  All of it.

Signed,

Northerner With Rational Thought

• Love 14

Good thing that Kathryn helped provide fodder for Cameron et. al. to receive such cushy jobs and MORE than robust payment for doing much of nothing. This gig in which Kathryn[and Thomas] became the flashpoint that carried that particular season and others continues to pave the way to connections in which Cameron and others gain additional income and inroad into their desired social/economic groups. During the 'snub’ season, this Bravo™️ presentation could have survived without Cameron but not without Kathryn DUE to her sad messiness. Kathryn wasn’t going to harm puir wee Cameron at 'Ye Ole Coffee Shoppe’. Snobbery is not limited to Shep; Cameron shells out quite a bit herself.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, BookElitist said:

Kathryn wasn’t going to harm puir wee Cameron at 'Ye Ole Coffee Shoppe’. Snobbery is not limited to Shep; Cameron shells out quite a bit herself.

Because she didn’t want to be around someone who doesn’t give a shit about her? It’s a two way street, Kathryn doesn’t want to be friends with most of these people either and has been a hell of a lot ruder to them than they ever were to her. Not to mention Cam refusing to go to coffee with her actually aired, their coffee date probably wouldn’t have because it wouldn’t have been interesting because they were never friends.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 9
On 8/23/2019 at 5:28 AM, biakbiak said:

Not even a little bit, I seriously cannot fathom his appeal being not as bad as Shep and Austen doesn’t make him good. 

Really? I've been 1/2 - 7/10 in love with Craig since the beginning. He's just so damn sincere. And so, so cute. And civic minded and charitable, with The Polished Man, etc... I love his brotherly relationship with Kat. He looks after her. He has his faults, of course, but when he loses his temper he's usually provoked. The Adderall makes so, SO much sense. The fact he hasn't legit killed Whitney or Shep is astounding. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, Psycho Suzy said:

Really? I've been 1/2 - 7/10 in love with Craig since the beginning. He's just so damn sincere. And so, so cute. And civic minded and charitable, with The Polished Man, etc... I love his brotherly relationship with Kat. He looks after her. He has his faults, of course, but when he loses his temper he's usually provoked. The Adderall makes so, SO much sense. The fact he hasn't legit killed Whitney or Shep is astounding. 

He’s a whiney lazy man child who slut shamed Kathryn when she wouldn’t sleep with him, called Naomie a child, stupid and a c*** when she didn’t kowtow to his behavior and prides himself on being a manipulative liar, so yes really!

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 18
8 hours ago, slowpoked said:

Kathryn is in a better place now, but yes, she was a pain in the ass in the earlier seasons. Does anyone not remember her heartless lunch with Snowden where Jennifer was crying about her son's condition and Kathryn looked like she'd rather be anywhere but there? And this was a former friend of hers. Not an enemy like Ashley.

Because everything always has to be about Katherine, or she is bored. She may have improved over her early crazy, but she is still not a good person, IMO. Her reaction to Danni when she was crying over the big secret was evidence of what a lousy friend she is. Her performance on WWH and admitting at the reunion she still drinks brings into question how good a mother she is. I really don't get all the Katherine love.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
On 8/16/2019 at 10:17 AM, slowpoked said:

Yes Naomie had no trouble taking down Craig a notch or two because he was an unemployed attorney who just wanted to stay home and sew onesies and pillows. She was having none of this. On the other hand Matul is a doctor like her friend Cameron's husband. Of course she thinks he is good husband material and wants to lock him down ASAP. She'll put up with a lot for the money and status that he represents.

Naomie's family has lots of money so she doesn't need to "lock someone down" for money. Is she supposed to want to be with a sloth just to make the rest of the sloths in the world feel better about changing their underwear once a week and not having jobs?

• Love 10
On 8/23/2019 at 5:23 AM, Ohiopirate02 said:

In Cam's version of the south, the man is the provider who's income should be enough to take care of all expenses.   A southern woman would dabble in employment until she has kids where she would quit her job to become a SAHM and focus on charity work. 

This is the complete opposite to all she just said. She clearly stated on the show that she wants to maintain her own income. I believe she may have said she wanted a provider back when the show started but not recently.

What would I do without preachy Bravo to remind me on every show that men are worthless, overbearing, controlling children and women are perfect angels who can do no wrong?

Don't the men of Bravo demonstrate their worthlessness specifically? Jax Taylor, The Toms, Shep, Craig, Thomas all the same lazy, entitled jackasses. 

Edited by Drumpf1737
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Drumpf1737 said:

Don't the men of Bravo demonstrate their worthlessness specifically? Jax Taylor, The Toms, Shep, Craig, Thomas all the same lazy, entitled jackasses. 

Sure, I don't disagree. But if I had to create a list of the backstabbing, lying, manipulative, golddigging women of Bravo, the list would be extremely deep. My point is that Bravo loves to denigrate male cast members (even if deserved) while they worship awful behavior from most of the female cast members. The fact that so many cast members on Bravo (or any "reality" TV) are of questionable character is not a surprise...but it has nothing to do with their sex.

Edited by LaLaLaLa
added word for clarity
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, LaLaLaLa said:

they worship awful behavior from most of the female cast members.

The women of reality TV bring in the viewers and money! Nobody is tuning in to watch a bunch of dudes get drunk.  Bravo protects it's greatest assets as any business would.

As I recall they put a convicted felon on TV to rehab his image. It's not Bravo's fault he couldn't get his shit together.  I mean they're giving them checks to be charming and none of them can manage it...

Edited by Drumpf1737
Incorrect verb tense
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

I find Craig to be incredibly good looking. He looks like a thin and slightly taller Tom Cruise. He's got movie star looks. I love him, though I don't get the Adderall thing.

Remember that one season he was going out a lot getting drunk or high.

It didn't come just out of nowhere.

Earlier this season he was sleeping until 1 PM when his "operations manager" showed up at his home.

But he also said in the reunion that he didn't sleep well.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:

This is the complete opposite to all she just said. She clearly stated on the show that she wants to maintain her own income. I believe she may have said she wanted a provider back when the show started but not recently.

I read Cam's "I want my own money" to mean that she wants to work even though Jason makes enough to support their lifestyle she wants money that she can spend however she wants.  She maintains her own accounts and Jason has his, but she never said that she was paying any of their bills. Her money is her money to spend or save how she chooses.  Which is my experience with the women from the old southern families in my area that I know.  They work because they want to work, not because their income is necessary.  

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:

Because, sadly, it seems Southern Charm, New Orleans never caught on. Men with stable relationships and, shocking as it is on BRAVO, actual, real careers. If that isn't shocking enough, they also try to give back to their community. Yes, there is still drama, and they have at least one standard issue BRAVO guy, but he is the exception and even he has some ability to self reflect and try to improve. The contrast to the three stooges on this show is amazing.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 5

is krollthewarriorking a reference. to something? i see austin as neither a warrior nor a king...quite the opposite on both counts.

chelsea broke my heart because she is so naturally beautiful and sly-witty.  she looked like she wasn't feeling well, hopefully she perks up in part II.  

kathryn had some worn- looking t- strap jazz-dance looking shoes under her dress. not attractive. although i thought her face looked really beautiful. she has a remarkable face.

• Love 2
On 8/24/2019 at 8:17 AM, sasha206 said:

romanruthbio.jpg

I was watching Strangers on a Train the other night and Chelsea reminds me of the actress Ruth Roman.

Chelsea looked like she could be Diane Lane’s ‘older’ sister.

1E11D2D0-57FB-4749-91AC-E699A6E41212.jpeg

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 4
On 8/23/2019 at 6:50 AM, LibertarianSlut said:

I'm not so sure this is a feminism issue.  Maybe it is.  But if we're using as a rough definition for feminism as equality between the sexes, I don't see where pooling one's money with a spouse would get one off that track.

My spouse and I completely pool our money.  There is not a dollar that doesn't belong to both of us (and we don't need to consult each other to spend the money because we trust each other).  But if we were to get divorced...wouldn't the judge just divide the assets and send us on our way?  I'm not sure how I'd be getting screwed as a woman in that situation, so I really wasn't in lockstep agreement with Our Girl Cam on that one.  The way she said it sounded kind of defensive.  Like, do you boo, but if you can't trust your spouse not to screw you, that seems lonely. 

I don’t even remotely think that Cam doesn’t trust her spouse. She’s a product of what seems like a not so amicable divorce of her parents when she was young. I am as well, and I vowed to myself sometime in my early teens that I would never put myself in a situation where I’d have to rely on anyone else for money. 

I’ve been married for seven years (and with my husband for fifteen). We’ve never had a joint checking account and we never will. I trust Mr. SimonSeymour with my life, but I want to know where every single dollar of my salary is at all times and I want my money to be completely in my control. It’s just how I feel comfortable being in a relationship. My husband is 100% fine with this and it works for us fabulously.

In my 44 years, I’ve learned that you actually don’t know for certain what will happen in the future, even regarding your partner whom you love and trust. 

I’ve also learned to not judge other people’s marriages when they are set up differently than my own. 

Edited by SimonSeymour
  • Useful 1
  • Love 19
On 8/25/2019 at 6:34 AM, Ohiopirate02 said:

I read Cam's "I want my own money" to mean that she wants to work even though Jason makes enough to support their lifestyle she wants money that she can spend however she wants.  She maintains her own accounts and Jason has his, but she never said that she was paying any of their bills. Her money is her money to spend or save how she chooses.  Which is my experience with the women from the old southern families in my area that I know.  They work because they want to work, not because their income is necessary.  

Is Cam really from an 'old southern family' though?  Wasn't she raised by a single mother? I never got the impression she is from old money growing up.   

• Love 2
12 hours ago, SimonSeymour said:

I don’t even remotely think that Cam doesn’t trust her spouse. She’s a product of what seems like a not so amicable divorce of her parents when she was young. I am as well, and I vowed to myself sometime in my early teens that I would never put myself in a situation where I’d have to rely on anyone else for money. 

I’ve been married for seven years (and with my husband for fifteen). We’ve never had a joint checking account and we never will. I trust Mr. SimonSeymour with my life, but I want to know where every single dollar of my salary is at all times and I want my money to be completely in my control. It’s just how I feel comfortable being in a relationship. My husband is 100% fine with this and it works for us fabulously.

In my 44 years, I’ve learned that you actually don’t know for certain what will happen in the future, even regarding your partner whom you love and trust. 

I’ve also learned to not judge other people’s marriages when they are set up differently than my own. 

I too completely understood what Cam was saying about wanting her own money and checking account.  My hubby and I have our own checking accounts (and banks) as well and it works out great for us.  I don't want to have to go to him for every little personal purchase (clothes, etc.) nor should he have to come to me for his stuff.  Big purchases we discuss like cars or things like that but it's nice to have a little freedom and independence from one another.

On 8/24/2019 at 8:09 AM, Duke2801 said:

I don’t know y’all. I usually detest Kathryn’s  over the top get-ups, as well as heavy eye makeup (especially purple). But for some reason, KD’s whole reunion look was really working for me. She looked incredibly beautiful—perhaps the prettiest I’ve ever seen. Especially when contrasted with the flashback of her on WWHL with Pat. Her demeanor and her look were both very cringe-inducing on that appearance. 

Enh I didn't like it at all.  It was a pretty dress when she was standing but when she sat down all those ruffles just seemed to take her over.  And IMO she always wears too much makeup.  That getup when she was talking with Ashley--oof!  When you can see visibly see all the foundation and powder on it's too much

kathryn.jpg

• Love 6
18 hours ago, 2dogmom said:

is krollthewarriorking a reference. to something? i see austin as neither a warrior nor a king...quite the opposite on both counts.

I thought it was a reference to “How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days.” (One of my favorite romcoms!) It’s a funny scene, but the short version is Kate Hudson’s character names Matthew McConaughey’s character’s penis “Krull the Warrior King.”

I guess Austen thought he was being clever, and maybe thought it would endear him to women if they knew he watched romcoms too.

• Useful 1
On 8/23/2019 at 11:44 AM, izabella said:
On 8/23/2019 at 11:19 AM, sasha206 said:

Kathryn looked the best I've ever seen. 

People keep saying this, and I'm mystified because all I saw was too heavy makeup (those eyelids were horrid!), and completely inappropriate and unattractive dress.  The looks she chooses always wear her - she cannot carry any of them off because she is uncomfortable in her own skin except when she's wearing her Amazon faux leather leggings.

This 100%.  I thought I was alone in my thinking that Kathryn always looks ridiculous.  For such a beautiful woman she's just such a wreck.  Try hard, over the top, and always wrong for the occasion.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, link417 said:

I thought it was a reference to “How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days.” (One of my favorite romcoms!) It’s a funny scene, but the short version is Kate Hudson’s character names Matthew McConaughey’s character’s penis “Krull the Warrior King.”

I guess Austen thought he was being clever, and maybe thought it would endear him to women if they knew he watched romcoms too.

thanks, i figured it was some reference i didn't understand.  still think its a stupid instagram name for such a spineless dude.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, AnnieHeights said:

Is Cam really from an 'old southern family' though?  Wasn't she raised by a single mother? I never got the impression she is from old money growing up.   

i got the impression she was from middle of nowhere, no money at all...maybe she grew up with/knew that girl with the mohawk from 1st season? i'm just recalling, could be way off base...maybe i read it on a website or something.  her mom is kinda great though, seems to have no problem with the camera whatsoever, and cameron has made it on her own...so that's definitely something to admire.  

• Love 3

I’ve always wondered if Kathryn had a mirror in her house when I would see her on SC. That awful get up she wore to the “Fox Hunt” was so over the top with the braids, hat and two rows of eyelashes, that absurd coat, etc. That wig was so cheap and ill fitting when pulled into pig tails. Let’s not even talk about the COLOR of her bad wig which has never been seen in nature before. She could be so beautiful and classy looking if she allowed someone to teach her how to do that. There ARE people out there who can do that. Really, Kathryn. There are those people.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, AnnieHeights said:

She doesn't have the "old southern" lineage of Thomas or Kathryn, but is more upper middle class.   Upper middle class in the rural south is different than in other areas.  The family has land and a modest house, drive modest cars, and keep the money in the bank.  Their daughters go to college, but get more traditional feminine degrees in fields like teaching or nursing.   They marry their college sweethearts and work until they have kids.  Then they become SAHMs and join the Junior League.  I went to high school with these girls.  One of the best examples I can think of is Vivian Howard from the PBS series A Chef's Life.  Grew up on the farm, but the family has money.  She went to boarding school for high school because the local public schools would have been full of the "wrong type" of people.  The town where she has her restaurant also has a local private school that was founded in the 70s when the public schools in the area finally integrated. 

• Useful 1
On 8/23/2019 at 3:57 PM, slowpoked said:

Like Shep, I think Craig is an alcoholic.

He is a drug addict.  It all makes sense now.

On 8/23/2019 at 6:53 PM, scrb said:

And then the next season, she was all right with Kathryn.

To be fair - the local drug dealer did the unforgivable and was arrested.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

She doesn't have the "old southern" lineage of Thomas or Kathryn, but is more upper middle class.   Upper middle class in the rural south is different than in other areas.  The family has land and a modest house, drive modest cars, and keep the money in the bank.  Their daughters go to college, but get more traditional feminine degrees in fields like teaching or nursing.   They marry their college sweethearts and work until they have kids.  Then they become SAHMs and join the Junior League.  I went to high school with these girls.  One of the best examples I can think of is Vivian Howard from the PBS series A Chef's Life.  Grew up on the farm, but the family has money.  She went to boarding school for high school because the local public schools would have been full of the "wrong type" of people.  The town where she has her restaurant also has a local private school that was founded in the 70s when the public schools in the area finally integrated. 

i assume she used her good looks and personality, her mtv "fame"  and college experience to get her the heck out of wherever she was from and make it in charleston.  she's done well.  i certainly have more respect for her than shep or thomas,  they are sad examples of how money and entitlement destroy you.  

• Love 6
4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Cam didn’t go to college.

i assumed from all the lilly pulitzer and criticism of craig’s law school hiatus that she was a former  sorority girl, college grad. isn’t that how she met chelsea? i thought they were college roommates in charleston.  maybe just roommates. 

• Love 1