Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E15: Reunion, Part 1

• Start Topic

On the first part of the Southern Charm Reunion, Naomie defends her boyfriend from accusations that he is controlling and Shep admits he has anger issues that stem from his elitism. Meanwhile, Cameran accuses Craig of having an Adderall addiction and Austen questions Kathryn's sobriety.

Original Air Date: 2019.08.28

• Love 3
3 hours ago, slowpoked said:

This is a preview of the reunion where Naomie explains more in detail about not going to the CO trip:

https://www.bravotv.com/southern-charm/season-6/episode-15/videos/is-naomie-olindos-boyfriend-metul-shah-controlling

The dry humor part is also what I'm getting from Metul, aside from being awkward, not condescension towards Naomie.

The best part of this though is how Naomie shuts up Shep to the point that all Mr. I-Can-Argue-My-Way-Into-Anything do is leave his mouth hanging open:

Shep: "My dad has a business partner from India, and when I told him about your situation with Metul, he said "Oh, I totally get it, coming from India..." "

Naomie: Metul was born in DC...

It's so nice to see Shep getting bitchslapped, even if it only happens rarely. 

That was fun. Actually looks interesting, except watching Danni cry...she really gets on my nerves.

• Love 5

I wonder if Chelsea’s leaving the show and if it’ll be announced/mentioned at the reunion. In an ET online article about the reunion( can’t find it at the moment) she was quoted and at the very end said “I’ve enjoyed my time” as if it were ending. I wouldn’t be surprised, she seems over it and why would you want to continue to tie yourself to this hot mess. Plus, if I had myself a hot sailor, I’d be peacing out of this mess too! 🙏🏻🏻

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, Daisy1229 said:

I wonder if Chelsea’s leaving the show and if it’ll be announced/mentioned at the reunion. In an ET online article about the reunion( can’t find it at the moment) she was quoted and at the very end said “I’ve enjoyed my time” as if it were ending. I wouldn’t be surprised, she seems over it and why would you want to continue to tie yourself to this hot mess. Plus, if I had myself a hot sailor, I’d be peacing out of this mess too! 🙏🏻🏻

My guess is that she hasn't officially been asked back yet.  So she's covering her bases, just in case.

• Love 2
On 8/17/2019 at 1:05 PM, Daisy1229 said:

Are you referring to this?

https://www.etonline.com/the-southern-charm-season-6-reunion-trailer-is-here-watch-exclusive-130524

Here is her full quote:

"Everything you think would happen, happens," she teases. "I think I’ve said my piece with everyone, I enjoyed my time. It’s a crazy bunch of kids, but we enjoy each other... most of the time."

It sounds to me like she's talking about enjoying her time at the reunion, not necessarily the show itself. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, nytonc said:

I’m so happy to see Katherine with toned down hair and make up. She looks so much better. Her dress is gorgeous if a bit over the top compared to the other ladies.

It’s nice to see her fit in with everyone too.

• Love 16
9 minutes ago, bosawks said:

It looks like the bloom is off the “Sheppie” rose for Andy.

Yes! I was glad Andy went after him and was pretty relentless. Looks like there is more to come next week too.

• Love 20

Shep MUST be working some angle or he’s completely oblivious to the way he’s perceived and that can’t be true. He was absolutely unrepentant and in fact, he totallly thinks that “ I don’t suffer fools” was an adequate explanation for how he is. Sadly, he has enough money and “ fame” that there will probably always be people willing to put up with his bullshit, so he won’t actually feel any repucussions.

• Love 18

I didn't see the WWHL they were referencing, but in the clips the showed, Kathryn didn't seem totally wasted to me. A little spacey and aloof, I guess, but from the way they described it, she was smashed and slurring. Was the actual airing worse than what they showed?

Other than that, Craig is still flaky and a bit of a follower but seems kind-hearted. Shep is still an ass, and Austen is still...there. Not looking forward to Madison next week. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Did Katherine ever answer Andy’s question about failing a drug test in June of this year?

She does seem like she’s on something at times and I watched the WWHL appearance and she seemed high, it was painful to watch actually. Most people don’t kick a drug habit after one stint in rehab. She obviously doesn’t want to jeopardize custody with her kids and has to stick to the narrative that she’s stayed sober. I don’t think anyone one on either couch believes that though! 

I don’t really like her much, but I find myself rooting for her sometimes because I want her to get her act together for her kids. 

• Love 21
4 minutes ago, lyric said:

I didn't see the WWHL they were referencing, but in the clips the showed, Kathryn didn't seem totally wasted to me. A little spacey and aloof, I guess, but from the way they described it, she was smashed and slurring. Was the actual airing worse than what they showed?

Other than that, Craig is still flaky and a bit of a follower but seems kind-hearted. Shep is still an ass, and Austen is still...there. Not looking forward to Madison next week. 

The WWHL episode with Kathryn--there was definitely something up with her. She could not sit still! Constant fidgeting and agitation. She did seem like she was on something. She didn't seem drunk. More like drugs. It was really uncomfortable to watch. 

• Love 13

So Kathryn admits she's drinking?  Wow.  I'm not mad at it; I just think it's a very honest thing to say under the circumstances.  She looked amazing!! Best since season one.

It felt distinctly like someone was missing.  This cast is so boring without Thomas. I thought they should have had a seventh person next to Craig at all times, even if they had to rotate through Eliza, Danni, Madison, Whitney, and Patricia.  This was actually painfully boring.

Craig also gets points for his honesty about Adderall.  This is a totally true story for a lot of people.  I don't know if I'm a fan of the fingernail polish though.  It rang like slacktivism to me.

I'm just going to say this because there's no sugar coating it:  I absolutely loathe Andy Cohen.  I think he's horrible at his job, I think he's shallow and immature and elitist.  It was so obvious when he asked Austin a "question" from a viewer that turned out not to be a question, but a comment.  Props to Austin for casually pointing out that there was no question there and he didn't think to comment further.  Nice job And-hole.  He had like 200 cards there.  Why doesn't he just watch the show and ask questions?  He's afraid, but he's also very disdainful of most of these people, and it shows.  I get the distinct feeling he thinks they're not real people because they're not from his New York bubble, and they're like a quaint relic of the past or something.

This is all me setting the stage for saying that I don't think Shep was that bad, especially since he was being picked on for what seemed like an hour by that asshole.  I think that Shep was being as honest as he was capable of being.  He was like, "yeah, I'm snobby and I don't suffer fools."  He wasn't being mean about it either.  He just is who he is.  I don't like him, but I admire that he is owning his behavior and giving no fucks.  He's not trying to be Oprah Winfrey.  He and Whitney are pompous.  He and Craig get too angry.  It would have been a lot worse for me if Shep had a justification for every time he acted like an asshole this season.  I was kinda relieved he was just like, yeah, I'm kind of an asshole.  

Also, Andy?  Cameran is not the co-host.  Don't ask for her opinion on everything. It makes me angry at her when I should be angry at him.  I really feel like I've given Cameran a chance, and I just don't like her.  She took great pains to say that a doctor is married to his work, and he's sometimes gone 48 hours at a time, but now that Jason has a full week off, he's alone watching Palmer?  That doesn't seem right.  I get that he works and she works, but that's why God invented nannies and babysitters--so that couples can spend time together and they don't become hostile and file for divorce.

It also didn't sit well with me that Cameran described Palmer as a Scorpio.  I know this is my pet peeve that I hold alone, but I really can't fucking stand it when people talk about astrology.  It's junk science.  I commented earlier this season that I thought it was insulting to ask the potential nanny if she believed in it (unless it was to weed her out).  But, I mean, what's next, phrenology?  I get the impression that Cameran is just a little too impressed with everything that comes out of her mouth, and I find it offputting.  There's no smoking gun moment and I know she has tons of people who love her, and it's fine.  She just annoys me through and through.  I think she is condescending and too eager to please the right people while dismissing the others. And, I guess since I'm throwing the whole kitchen sink at Cameran, and I don't care because I'm so sick of her after this season, that I'm going to say I think it's disingenous to say you've never done drugs only to say you've smoked weed two or three times.  Two or three times is not "never," it's two or three times.  Ugh!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15

Fuck off, Austen.  No one cares about you.  Did Katherine say she dismissed him on WWHL because he “gets kind of boring”?  Because he is totally boring and dismissible.  They could replace him with any random idiot.  

• Love 14
2 hours ago, TexasGal said:

First minute in and I will giggle all night at the image of Austen with those clips in his hair.  😂

I love Goody products too but seriously, it was so wrong on him.

1 hour ago, bosawks said:

Holy shit Shep, even if it is true that it’s your grandma’s fault your an elitist douche bag, you don’t dime her out on tv.

Dude, what the hell.

He truly does not see how out of touch he is.  I think he is just a drunk with excuses.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

I'm just going to say, and I'm not putting a good or bad value to this (generally speaking I think it adds more to society), one's family heritage and culture doesn't necessarily check itself out the door just because they live somewhere else.

What exactly makes one of American culture? Being born and raised here? Having a "Night Under the Stars" prom theme? I ask because the subject of "culture" doesn't come up when one is Irish, Scottish or even Catholic.

WTF! Katherine thinks she's sober but she's drinking? I hope that isn't true. I just read she won joint custody. If ever a woman needed someone to love her unconditionally it's Katherine.

Craig , his rice krispy treat and unwashed, eyelinered face are forgiven I like Cam's honesty about motherhood.

Austen did get a raw deal in some ways, but he's a bit of an ass too. I am getting a whiff of smugness from him.

I love Naomi and Metul and I hope they're very happy together. I wonder if he got shit at work for being on the show. 

Edited by Drumpf1737
  • Love 6
44 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

He truly does not see how out of touch he is.  I think he is just a drunk with excuses.

He was all bummed out that the bar was a fake when they first walked on stage (I thought more than the other guys).  I was like go figure, drunk ol' boy needs a drink now!  I really think he's a high functioning alcoholic.

And when he kept saying his mantra of why he's such an asshole, I was thinking so Shep doesn't suffer himself?

Nice way to throw granny under the bus, too.  Granny was an elitist and possibly racist?  So that means you cannot grow and change - oh wait, this is the 'grown' man child we're talking about.  He thinks he's the most eligible man on the show, and no, with each season he becomes more and more vile.

• Love 17
57 minutes ago, Shannah Banana said:

What gets on my nerves about Cameron (besides she's a control freak) is she looks at her kid as a JOB. 

Yeah, kids are a lot of work,

giphy-downsized.gif

I'm pretty sure Jason pays her quite well in room and board, and maybe the occasional trinket  🙄 

To raise the child his semen created...I would fucking hope so and bee tee dubs its not enough for pushing a watermelon out of a pinhole and never being able to hold your pee again.

Edited by Drumpf1737
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Family heritage and ancestry shaped him into the elitist snob he admits he is.  

He specifically said his grandmother not his ancestry or heritage but an individual versus deciding someone at least a generation older, born half a world away from Metul knowing nothing about him other than his ethnicity could determine why he wouldn’t be cool with his girlfriend going on a trip with her ex who believes he is a better fit for than him. 

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I'm not sure how this became about American culture.

Because Naomi is French and no one brought up her "culture" as the reason she didn't go on the trip. 

Edited by Drumpf1737
  • Love 9

They wanted to save all the BS plot about Austen and Madison for part 2?

Oh well next season will be about Kathryn drinking.  Since a lot of scenes feature the cast at bars and restaurants drinking up, no reason for her not to partake.

If she’s still dating Opie, they could feature them in some scenes.

Otherwise, they’re really just about out of story ideas.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

He was all bummed out that the bar was a fake when they first walked on stage (I thought more than the other guys).  I was like go figure, drunk ol' boy needs a drink now!  I really think he's a high functioning alcoholic.

And when he kept saying his mantra of why he's such an asshole, I was thinking so Shep doesn't suffer himself?

Nice way to throw granny under the bus, too.  Granny was an elitist and possibly racist?  So that means you cannot grow and change - oh wait, this is the 'grown' man child we're talking about.  He thinks he's the most eligible man on the show, and no, with each season he becomes more and more vile.

Bravo!

Forgot to say that Craig being on Adderral really makes sense.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, dosodog said:

Never been to a prom.  Can't speak to Starry Nights. 

Awwww.  Been to one, no big deal.  We did have The Prom where a teacher's wife showed up to accuse a student of being a homewrecker.  It was freaking awesome!  39 years later and we are still talking about it.  If only cell phones were available.  Now, of course, the teacher would be arrested for statutory rape.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I thought Chelsea looked like someone’s mom. She looked about 55 last night. She also said about three syllables. 

Kathryn looked beautiful. She’s always so colorful which I love. I loved the color of her dress! 

I was so happy that Andy really took Shep on and didn’t back down. Even Shep seeing his own elitism and arrogance exposed full-force, he won’t change. It’s too deeply ingrained and more importantly, he doesn’t *really* think it’s a bad thing. 

Naomie visibly cringed when Metul was referred to as controlling. She’s in denial, and in love. But she’ll suffer emotionally if she marries him. 

Where was Eliza?? Agree that Whit didn’t show because he didn’t want to be in the hot seat over his “hookup” with Kathryn. 

I’m pretty over Cameran. She has always had disdain for everyone around her, while making sure that she was portrayed as utterly perfect in five seasons. She has her own arrogance. But now the cracks are finally showing, ha. 

Craig seemed a bit slurry. Looked a little unkempt too. But I loved the Rice Krispie treat! 

• Love 21
9 hours ago, Shannah Banana said:

I got a kick out of when the Three Musketeers made a beeline for the bar on set, and all the pretty bottles, only to find them empty.  HA HA!

What gets on my nerves about Cameron (besides she's a control freak) is she looks at her kid as a JOB.  Yeah, kids are a lot of work, but I don't think you have to look at them as a JOB.  I'm pretty sure Jason pays her quite well in room and board, and maybe the occasional trinket  🙄  Maybe someday she will shut up about it.  Gawd.

It’s possible Cameran is conflicted about her “job” as stay-at-home mom because she’s never been comfortable pooling the money and becoming a team. The other issue is losing her identity as an independent professional in her mind - a lot of women have trouble with that.

• Love 16

Craig and Shep both could benefit from bucketloads of therapy.

I’ll give credit to Craig for at least owning that much of his bad/irresponsible behavior stems from an issue with Adderall. He at least seems to be aware of his issues and is somewhat trying to work on them.

I can’t say the same for Shep who seemed unable to recognize that his asshole tendencies have really negatively affected other people he purports to care about and that if he really cared about them he would work on curbing that kind of behavior. It’s a shame because I’ve had a soft spot for Shep in past seasons even when he was problematic but he really seemed to double down on the douchebaggery this season. 

• Love 9