Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Tulip86

The world of DCC

The world of DCC  

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 8/16/2019 at 10:32 AM, DanceChick said:

Oklahoma here but married to an Aussie and have been there several times, so I want in that club. 😛

On 8/16/2019 at 10:40 AM, onthebubble said:

You're practically an Aussie. Welcome. Come join us on the dark side 🤣

On 8/16/2019 at 10:42 AM, DanceChick said:

I loved Melbourne! Great food and energy! Husband is from Perth--love the beaches there.

Hello Aussies and honorary Aussies - I’m in Sydney Australia, specifically the northern beaches. Angela’s old team Manly is located here

• Like 2

On 8/15/2019 at 3:33 PM, DCCFanInKy said:

Is Ky considered South or Northeast? 

We're an outlier.  I picked south but I've seen Kentucky referred to as midwest before, so I don't know.

On 8/15/2019 at 3:56 PM, Opine said:

Haha, not making fun (I live in GA), but I think the northern folk will roll on the floor laughing to think that a state that could produce Kashara's accent would be considered north!

We don't all sound like that.

31 minutes ago, Anduril said:

We're an outlier.  I picked south but I've seen Kentucky referred to as midwest before, so I don't know.

We don't all sound like that.

I know you don't!  I live in the ATL.  Believe me when I tell you that I sound NOTHING like my rural counterparts.  My son went to play baseball at a more rural college.  They called him "California" because they assumed that he was from there based on his lack of southern accent.  

1 minute ago, Opine said:

I know you don't!  I live in the ATL.  Believe me when I tell you that I sound NOTHING like my rural counterparts.  My son went to play baseball at a more rural college.  They called him "California" because they assumed that he was from there based on his lack of southern accent.  

I've worked on getting rid of my southern accent, I've always hated it.  It's my second most hated accent.

• Surprise 1

3 hours ago, Opine said:

I was born and raised in the Chicago area and when I moved to Colorado, everyone commented on my Chicago accent. I didn't know Chicago folks had accents!

• Like 1

I was born in Alabama and moved to Louisville, KY at the age of 10. It felt like a completely different world when I got here! I have always considered it a midwestern city. Now, that could just be because it is city life and different regions of KY are more similar to Alabama than Louisville. In my view, here in Louisville, the more affluent women love the Southern Belle title and play it to the hilt during Derby Season. 

2 hours ago, bwalker048 said:

I was born in Alabama and moved to Louisville, KY at the age of 10. It felt like a completely different world when I got here! I have always considered it a midwestern city. Now, that could just be because it is city life and different regions of KY are more similar to Alabama than Louisville. In my view, here in Louisville, the more affluent women love the Southern Belle title and play it to the hilt during Derby Season. 

My cousin (who happens to live in Louisville) got a part on a TV show called "Southern Belles" a few years ago. She was a broadcast journalism major at University Of Ky at the time I think.  It unfortunately didn't last very long.  She's in this video with my Uncle around 1:08

12 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

My cousin (who happens to live in Louisville) got a part on a TV show called "Southern Belles" a few years ago. She was a broadcast journalism major at University Of Ky at the time I think.  It unfortunately didn't last very long.  She's in this video with my Uncle around 1:08

I watched this show. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bwalker048 said:

I watched this show. 

Cool! Did you see Emily and my Uncle in the video I posted?  He called her a "father's worst nightmare" which I thought was bad but the show was "sort of" scripted just like MTT

On 11/1/2019 at 3:40 PM, bjo1969 said:

I was born and raised in the Chicago area and when I moved to Colorado, everyone commented on my Chicago accent. I didn't know Chicago folks had accents!

I'm a northern Michigan girl, but I'm living in Chicago now, and my boyfriend has a seriously thick Chicago accent.  Always makes me giggle a bit 😊  I think there was a Geico commercial years ago that featured a guy talking in a broad Chicago accent....can't remember for sure though.

The accents and regional differences specific to Texas are so much a part of what makes the show so charming to me.  Kelli's "east Texas" is seriously adorable, and even though I have loved a lot of different parts of the show throughout its evolution, one of the things I really miss is that there seemed to be more of a "country" feel to it early on, both in presentation and in music.  I could have gone the rest of my life without having heard that hideous song with the lyrics about the girl with the back tattoo though.  There are limits.

• Like 1

Gosh...am I the only Texan whose posted on here? I’m a born/raised Texan, currently living in Houston, Tx. I grew up dancing and always loved the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders (two officers on my dance team made DCC back in the day; one was on show group for two years). 

Outside of Texas, I love everything British. Have been blessed to visit the UK four times and spent a summer living in Manchester. British people have the coolest accents IMO! 

And, in East Texas, there are TONS of people who sound like Kashara! Most people in Houston have regular ‘ol American accents. But, you drive 30 minutes east...and the accents are crazy southern! 😊

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pksbena1 said:

Gosh...am I the only Texan whose posted on here? I’m a born/raised Texan, currently living in Houston, Tx. I grew up dancing and always loved the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders (two officers on my dance team made DCC back in the day; one was on show group for two years). 

Outside of Texas, I love everything British. Have been blessed to visit the UK four times and spent a summer living in Manchester. British people have the coolest accents IMO! 

And, in East Texas, there are TONS of people who sound like Kashara! Most people in Houston have regular ‘ol American accents. But, you drive 30 minutes east...and the accents are crazy southern! 😊

No your not the only Texan born and raised in ft worth Texas 

• Like 1

On 11/4/2019 at 3:31 AM, Pksbena1 said:

I'm so glad you love the UK, and not just London! I'm from Yorkshire and I can confirm we have the best accents.

• Like 2

There is a pic (I can't post) of K. Mushraves in a DCC uniform as a "hint of her Xmas TV special".  Anybody else see it?   

I saw Kasey in concert a couple months ago and it had a very 70’s throwback vibe. She said this was her version of a 70’s DCC so wondering if it’s along those lines. Her Christmas album from a few years back is one of my favorites, so sign me up!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

She forgot the crystal things.

I read the same thing kalibean; she was going for a 70s vibe. I can't recall if it was her twitter or IG, but someone asked why she didn't wear her DCC Lucchese boots and she replied "DCC circa '76" or something similar. I think she looks great.

Edited by Spooky · Reason: e: I did see an ad for her Christmas special on Amazon Prime...can't wait to see it
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I'm so glad you love the UK, and not just London! I'm from Yorkshire and I can confirm we have the best accents.

I do love London but the countryside is beautiful....so unlike Texas! And yes...y’all have the best accents! ❤️❤️

• Like 2