Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Tulip86

The world of DCC

The world of DCC  

100 members have voted

1. 1. There are many nationalities and regions represented on this forum, so where are you from?

• USA - Texas
    • USA - West
    • USA - Midwest
    • USA - South
    • USA - Florida
    • USA - Northeast
    • USA - Southwest
    • USA - Other, I'll let you know in the comments!
    • Canada
    • Americas - Other country, I'll let you know in the comments!
    • UK
    • Netherlands
    • Germany
    • Europe - Other country, I'll let you know in the comments!
    • Australia
    • New Zealand
    • Other country - I'll let you know in the comments!

There are many nationalities and regions represented on this forum, so where are you from?

28 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

I'm from the UK, Hull to be specific for any other UKers!

Just outside London over here 👋🏻🇬🇧

• Like 1

Kentucky (we aren't exactly South but that's the closest )

• Like 1

Animated+Flag+of+Netherlands+%25284%2529

Netherlands 🤩

p.s.
The flag was supposed to be animated. It did in the preview, but apparently doesn't in the final post 😶

Edited by Loodicrus · Reason: added text
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2

2 hours ago, DocBrown said:

Just outside London over here 👋🏻🇬🇧

Hi UK friend! 🙋‍♀️ 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Is Ky considered South or Northeast? 

Bless your heart, my Kentucky-born and -bred grandmother is rolling in her grave right now that at the very idea that anybody, anywhere, at any time might’ve not recognized her as a True Southern Lady. 😉

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

21 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Haha, not making fun (I live in GA), but I think the northern folk will roll on the floor laughing to think that a state that could produce Kashara's accent would be considered north!

• Like 3
  • Laugh 4

22 minutes ago, Opine said:

Haha, not making fun (I live in GA), but I think the northern folk will roll on the floor laughing to think that a state that could produce Kashara's accent would be considered north!

Well...some people in central and western PA have that accent (areas known as"Pennsyltucky"), so one never knows!

Now that's interesting! Thought Texas would dominate for sure! But it seems like the UK has just about as many fans! 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Opine said:

I live a couple hrs west of where Kash came from 🙂

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Well...some people in central and western PA have that accent (areas known as"Pennsyltucky"), so one never knows!

As someone from there, can confirm 😂 Well not as strong as Kashara’s accent. 

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

See, I’m from Western PA and absolutely no one I know has an accent like KaShara. I actually have to put on closed captions when she talks 🤷🏻‍♀️  

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

I live in Seattle. Dallas is a fascinating cultural study to me.   🙂

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

1 minute ago, h2ogirl said:

That's similar to what Charm LaDonna's make-up artist said when watching the judges arrival during pre-lims. Some comment about the Dallas fashion look.  😁 Can't speak for the rest of the world but it's definitely different than what's worn in SoCal.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

See, I’m from Western PA and absolutely no one I know has an accent like KaShara. I actually have to put on closed captions when she talks 🤷🏻‍♀️  

Well they don’t have a southern accent but there is a ... different way of speaking from rural areas. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, h2ogirl said:

From Dallas but lived in Seattle for three years...can confirm. It was a tricky minute when I moved back! All that eye contact and bright colors and no trees 😂 Love both cities but they couldn’t be more different. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

1 hour ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Oh I didn't mean all of Western PA by any means, like I never heard anyone from the Pittsburgh area talk like that, but some of the more rural areas do.  Not all, just some.

• Like 2

Oklahoma here but married to an Aussie and have been there several times, so I want in that club. 😛

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DanceChick said:

Oklahoma here but married to an Aussie and have been there several times, so I want in that club. 😛

You're practically an Aussie. Welcome. Come join us on the dark side 🤣

1 minute ago, onthebubble said:

You're practically an Aussie. Welcome. Come join us on the dark side 🤣

I loved Melbourne! Great food and energy! Husband is from Perth--love the beaches there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Oh I didn't mean all of Western PA by any means, like I never heard anyone from the Pittsburgh area talk like that, but some of the more rural areas do.  Not all, just some.

Oh yeah, us Pittsburghers have an accent all our own. Actually, I don’t really have one because my parents ensured that my brothers and I didn’t grow up speaking with one. But my aunts accent? Oooof. I sometimes even need captions to understand her. 

This is also one of the many reasons why I keep my CMT: DCC MTT viewership a secret.  No one I grew up with would understand why I watch this show...it’d be akin to treason. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Oh yeah, us Pittsburghers have an accent all our own. Actually, I don’t really have one because my parents ensured that my brothers and I didn’t grow up speaking with one. But my aunts accent? Oooof. I sometimes even need captions to understand her. 

This is also one of the many reasons why I keep my CMT: DCC MTT viewership a secret.  No one I grew up with would understand why I watch this show...it’d be akin to treason. 

Yeah the Yinzer accent is different than the central/western PA rural accent one from where I grew up. I work in Pittsburgh and my co-workers pretty much know about my Survivor obsession but I keep my DCC obsession a little more quiet. I tried to talk about it to someone once and they looked at me like I was crazy 😂 I don’t follow NFL football at all so don’t care about the Steelers. I admit I have tried to watch some of a Cowboy game before looking for the Cheerleaders but they just aren’t shown much so I stick to rewatching this show. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Lona said:

Now that's interesting! Thought Texas would dominate for sure! But it seems like the UK has just about as many fans! 🙂

That's because we can't watch any episodes live so need somewhere to find out what's going on! 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

On 8/15/2019 at 3:33 PM, DCCFanInKy said:

Definitely South. Just look up the lyrics to "My Old Kentucky Home"!

As a Marylander, technically I am Mid-Atlantic, but as we are south of the Mason Dixon line, we are often considered South as well.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

7 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

Definitely South. Just look up the lyrics to "My Old Kentucky Home"!

As a Marylander, technically I am Mid-Atlantic, but as we are south of the Mason Dixon line, we are often considered South as well.

Being a native Kentuckian I know the lyrics to MOKH upside down 🙂

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

As a "horse person", it is also a requirement for the Derby! Kentucky is a wonderful state.

• Like 2

On 8/17/2019 at 10:38 AM, DCCFanInKy said:

I can recite them backwards if I try hard enough 😉 it's "technically" a Southern state (as I have now been told by a friend who is a expert KY historian) but it's a "transition" zone between the North and South.  I've lived here my entire 50 years and it's been a debate amongst people as long as I can remember.  

• Like 1

Hello, UK London. So grateful to have found this.  I am absolutely loving, reading all your very clever and insightful posts. Does anyone know if we can watch season 13 and 14 here.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DCCaddict said:

Hello, UK London. So grateful to have found this.  I am absolutely loving, reading all your very clever and insightful posts. Does anyone know if we can watch season 13 and 14 here.

Sockshare is the website some of us use. Has all but season 1/2 on there and the latest episodes are very slow.