Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E17: Unholy Alliance

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, thewhiteowl said:

Freddy pays for his captain's decision

When did Freddy become the perfect example of a fisherman?   Seriously he is a drunk egotistic pyscho.    The less time spent on him the better.

Sooo Harley can make a deal with Sig to find good fishing and that's just fishin'.   Jake does it and he is too stupid to find crab on his own and shouldn't be a captain.   Harley was an idiot to set out on the ice.   If that was such a brilliant idea to find crab everyone would do it.   So now he is stuck and has to beg for help.   Harley adds nothing to this show.    They could have brought the Time Bandit back if they felt they needed another ship.

• Love 4

Sig and Harley actually make good partners.  Both are equal in the arrangement, both are a bit suspicious.  It's a marriage made in heaven.  😉

Freddy has been quiet lately, other than working and getting injured.  Maybe getting drunk and losing his place on the Wizard was a wake up call to him?

• Love 2
6 hours ago, merylinkid said:

When did Freddy become the perfect example of a fisherman?   Seriously he is a drunk egotistic pyscho.    The less time spent on him the better. 

I agree with you 100%. The only person who loves seeing himself on camera more than Freddy is Josh Harris.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I agree with you 100%. The only person who loves seeing himself on camera more than Freddy is Josh Harris.

Though to be honest, seeing Freddy jump on the floating and decomposing carcass of a massive walrus was more entertaining than anything Josh has ever done.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, terrymct said:

Freddy has been quiet lately, other than working and getting injured.  Maybe getting drunk and losing his place on the Wizard was a wake up call to him?

It's kind of hard to top last season's instigating Monte leaving and then taking an ax to the table on the Cornelia Marie.  

• Love 1
10 hours ago, smores said:

It's kind of hard to top last season's instigating Monte leaving and then taking an ax to the table on the Cornelia Marie.  

Oh yeah, forgot about that.  For some reason I'd assigned the axing to Keith in my mind.

Freddy has a serious screw loose.  He seems to be a good worker when he's not inciting a riot or bullying someone.   That's a fairly low bar, however.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, terrymct said:

Oh yeah, forgot about that.  For some reason I'd assigned the axing to Keith in my mind.

Freddy has a serious screw loose.  He seems to be a good worker when he's not inciting a riot or bullying someone.   That's a fairly low bar, however.

Well it was Keith's idea, he marched in there and ordered Freddie to do it like he was some sort of mob boss ordering a hit.  All Keith had to do was call Casey and say hey, you broke my table it's $400 to get a new one and I'm pretty sure that he would have paid for it.  He knew he broke it, I can't see him saying fuck you, it's your problem.  But nope, Keith had to march in and chop shit up to defend his territory.  

• Love 3

Another old-school, basic ep.  Good stuff.

We got a fantastic look behind the Disco Wizard's curtain in this one.  As the deal was being considered, we got narratives from both Harley and Sig about why a lot of unearned trust was required.   Sooooo much reluctance.  All of it was legit/earned, too.  

Then, the narrative took a 180.  It was alllll about old salt dogs coming together for mutual benefit.  You'd have thought they were longtime buddies.  Polar opposite edit on the SAME ep!  

Didja see the harvest tote board?  Keith had twice to three times the haul of any other.  He also had the quota to allow this, of course.  But, it is still quite something.  Yes, I realize that count could easily be Disco shenanigans with a false timeline.  But, the point remains that Keith ultimately did bring in sooooo much more when all was said and done.

• Love 1
On 8/18/2019 at 9:15 PM, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Another old-school, basic ep.  Good stuff.

We got a fantastic look behind the Disco Wizard's curtain in this one.  As the deal was being considered, we got narratives from both Harley and Sig about why a lot of unearned trust was required.   Sooooo much reluctance.  All of it was legit/earned, too.  

Then, the narrative took a 180.  It was alllll about old salt dogs coming together for mutual benefit.  You'd have thought they were longtime buddies.  Polar opposite edit on the SAME ep!  

Didja see the harvest tote board?  Keith had twice to three times the haul of any other.  He also had the quota to allow this, of course.  But, it is still quite something.  Yes, I realize that count could easily be Disco shenanigans with a false timeline.  But, the point remains that Keith ultimately did bring in sooooo much more when all was said and done.

Keith leases a TON of quota.  One of the things that I wish the show would do is give us an accurate representation of costs and time.  They tell us that the deckhands make x, but I am more interested in knowing how much the whole thing costs.  Like they caught x lbs, which was valued at y, there were z in operating expenses, which resulted in this much profit and it gets split this way.  Even if they did it just once in a while, because it's a bit misleading when you have a boat that has a ton of leased quota vs one that is fishing all of their own.  The one that is fishing their own quota could make more money on a smaller amount of crab.  

Plus with the way they are showing things this season we have no concept of what happened when in the timeline.  We'll see one boat for 2 episodes and then nothing of any other boats.  Bill wasn't on for a few weeks, then one day he popped up.  I'm sure he was out there fishing at least part of the time the others were, but it makes it hard to judge how long everyone was actually out there when they air things this way. 

• Love 2