Type keyword(s) to search

Mountain Mamas - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Two ladies(Jackie and Trecie(and that is how she spells her name) find and remodel homes in Montana.

Did anyone else catch Mountain Mamas? It is set in Montana with two ladies(Jackie and Trecie) doing the work. It is on Saturday nights at 9 Eastern, 10 Central.  I caught the first two shows and liked them. Of course, it is like all the other flipping shows but the work was a bit different. In the first, a ramshackle old hunting cabin was redone for a mother and her daughter and the second episode was redoing a turn of the century barn into a home for the owner's parents. Both turned out quite well, in fact, the barn was awesome! The one problem I had with the barn tho' was the fact that they kept the barn shape and the upper level had high, high ceilings and the only thing I could think of was that heat rises! I'm not sure I could have helped clean out the barn with all of the pigeon and rat poop that was stacked up but thankfully, I didn't have to!😁

I know that I could never live that far from civilization but some people would love it and the scenery is gorgeous! If you didn't catch it, it will be on again for at least the next two weeks!

• Love 1

I'm enjoying the show. Mom and daughter seem to get along well too.

Every-time  they take a HO to the  end of civilization to look at a place with land, my mind goes to enduring/functioning a winter  in such a remote location.

BTW, this is a person who lives in Chicago and is very aware how winters can be.

I caught the barn episode one night and just loved what was done! The female homeowner joked she might live there and let her parents live in her current home. Yesterday morning was a marathon and I watched several episodes.  Bozeman is very pricy! Gorgeous but not for me. I don't think I could ever move from the coast.

Just finished watching last night's shows and again, I was wowed! The work that these two ladies do( https://www.distractify.com/p/mountain-mamas-hgtv-guide) is mostly breath-taking! It is such a beautiful area but I don't think I could live there because I am a person who doesn't like cold weather!( I was so cold watching the kids walking though that cold, cold water!) The log cabin they redid was spectacular! I wasn't sure about painting the logs but it turned out nicely. I couldn't believe the difference in the logs after they were cleaned up...so bright and new looking. I would like to see them work on that first house though....it was such a mis-mash but their plans were quite interesting.

I think the second family was wise to have their house flipped because of the location. I know if I had two little kids, I would want to be near town plus they mentioned that the father would have to commute daily to work which I imagine could be  hard if a blizzard set in! I loved that beam they added and those corner pieces were really nice.

All in all, a great new show...hope it does well so we can have some variety on HGTV.

• Love 1

Boy, HGTV is at it again. I checked my future DVR settings and Mountain Mama's was set to go...I did notice they were running a marathon of Good Bones but thought nothing of it. Got up this AM to watch my recordings, and nada....Boo, hiss HGTV...set  your programing and leave it alone. I like Good Bones but didn't need a marathon to over-ride a new show I like!

• Love 1