Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
aradia22

Theatre Talk: In Our Own Little Corner

Just waiting for the day someone makes a Cicada, Cicada compilation for me to watch on youtube. 

• Like 4

I miss the dynamic of tall Elphaba and short Galinda. Good vocals but I honestly wasn't that impressed by the acting. Lindsay was slightly better than Ginna in that regard.

There's something I don't totally love about Lindsay's choices. It's like the singing is... too healthy? She's not marking but she lacks the exciting riffs and vocal tone of other Elphabas. She picks moments but overall it doesn't overwhelm the way Elphaba's big numbers are supposed to.

• Like 1

I'm worried about going back to the theater.  I have already paid for season tickets in my small city and even for shows postponed from the last season.  I am retired and really don't go out much.  I've gone to grocery stores, the dog park, and doctors.  Last year not even that.  The theater will require vaccination proof and masks but I still am nervous about everything.  Shows are supposed to start soon. There are some I don't care about that I will probably skip but some I'd like to see.  Any advice?

• Like 2

@thosme I would check your theater's return/exchange policy so you know in advance what your options are if there's an increase in covid cases or some other worrying development around your show dates. If you are able to get one, I would wear a stronger mask for self-protection. Personally, I will avoiding eating/drinking and anything that will require me to remove my mask in the theater. If it helps, maybe call customer service and ask them to describe what steps they've taken to keep patrons safe. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

On 9/17/2021 at 6:56 PM, aradia22 said:

Michael John LaChiusa musical about Graciela Daniele, The Gardens of Anuncia currently playing at the Old Globe in San Diego

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/BWW-Interview-Andra-Burns-Talks-THE-GARDENS-OF-ANUNCIA-at-The-Old-Globe-20210917

Broadway might not be in the picture unless it gets raves but perhaps off-Broadway at the Public or something if we're lucky?

I'm going on Sunday afternoon.  I saw LaChiusa's musical "Rain" there with Eden Espinosa playing Sadie Thompson.  She's back playing Mami singing and dancing to  "Magdalena".  Looking forward to seeing this.  

• Like 1