Type keyword(s) to search

The Undoing In The Media

• Start Topic

News about casting today, and some of the older news from earlier in the year;

Hugh Grant has been cast opposite Nicole Kidman in The Undoing, HBO’s high-profile six-episode limited series, written by David E. Kelley and directed by Susanne Bier.

An adaptation of Jean Hanff Korelitz’s book You Should Have Known, The Undoing centers on Grace Sachs (Kidman), who is living the only life she ever wanted for herself. She’s a successful therapist, has a devoted husband (Grant) and young son who attends an elite private school in New York City. Overnight a chasm opens in her life: a violent death, a missing husband, and, in the place of a man Grace thought she knew, only a chain of terrible revelations. Left behind in the wake of a spreading and very public disaster, and horrified by the ways in which she has failed to heed her own advice, Grace must dismantle one life and create another for her child and herself.

HBO is re-teaming with key auspices behind its breakout Big Little Lies, including star Nicole Kidman and writer David E. Kelley. for a new limited series based on a bestselling book. The network has ordered The Undoing, an adaptation of Jean Hanff Korelitz’s book You Should Have Known, with Kidman attached to star.

8 hours ago, chediavolo said:

I saw a ad for this on my satellite hbo channel last night but missed when it starts, I tried searching but it doesn't come up. Anyone know the date this begins? 

From TVLine last week;

HBO has set a new court date for The Undoing: The thriller starring Nicole Kidman and Hugh Grant will  now debut Sunday, Oct. 25 at 9/8c, the network announced on Thursday. The six-episode limited series was originally slated to air back in April, but was pushed back to the fall due to the coronavirus pandemic.

On 11/17/2020 at 10:15 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Oh, this is cute. I’m watching The Undoing: Talent. 
Hugh says to Nicole: It feels as if we’ve worked together before. Because of “Paddington.” The bear should have been in this. He should have been a suspect.

The bear’s face looks more natural than Nicole Kidman’s.

• LOL 5

Noma Dumezweni cast in live action Little Mermaid

Hugh Grant’s badass lawyer (previously known as Tony and Olivier nominated Hermione Granger in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child) has been cast in a new role that was not in the original movie or Broadway version. 

The live action cast includes Halle Bailey as Ariel, Melissa McCarthy as Ursula, and Javier Barden as King Triton, and Hamilton Tony winner Daveed Diggs as Sebastian. Directed by Chicago and Into the Woods film director Rob Marshall, The Little Mermaid will feature songs from the original film (penned by Alan Menken and Howard Ashman) along with new songs co-written by Menken and Lin-Manuel Miranda.

Grant really carried off something extraordinary by playing a sociopath who just 'acts' normal. I commented before when trying to decide his guilt that either he wasn't a very good actor or was far better than I thought. Happily it was the latter.  I hope he wins and continues to take on more sinister roles.

• Love 4
On 2/5/2021 at 12:42 PM, Razzberry said:

These pretty much assure a second season will be seriously considered.  Hugh Grant's noms are especially worthy.

But what will season 2 be about? I’m afraid it’s going to be like Big Little Lies. That show was an excellent and complete limited-run series. But because of its success, the producers felt compelled to make a season 2. IMO, season 2 wasn't interesting or necessary. 

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, topanga said:

But what will season 2 be about? I’m afraid it’s going to be like Big Little Lies. That show was an excellent and complete limited-run series. But because of its success, the producers felt compelled to make a season 2. IMO, season 2 wasn't interesting or necessary. 

At least Big Little Lies had a great first season. The Undoing was a mess. I'm sure there will be a S2, I anticipate hate-watching it, at least for a couple of episodes.

• Love 3

Directors Guild of America nomination!

Movies for Television and Limited Series: Susanne Bier - The Undoing

Producers Guild of America nomination!

David L. Wolper Award for Outstanding Producer of Limited Series Television

“I May Destroy You” (HBO)
Producers: eligibility determination pending

“Normal People” (Hulu)
Producers: Lenny Abrahamson, Sally Rooney, Ed Guiney, Andrew Lowe, Emma Norton, Anna Ferguson, Catherine Magee

“The Queen’s Gambit” (Netflix)
Producers: William Horberg, Allan Scott, Scott Frank, Marcus Loges, Mick Aniceto

“The Undoing” (HBO)
Producers: Susanne Bier, David E. Kelley, Per Saari, Nicole Kidman, Bruna Papandrea, Stephen Garrett, Celia Costas, Deb Dyer

“Unorthodox” (Netflix)
Producers: Anna Winger, Henning Kamm, Alexa Karolinksi