Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Week 2, Part 1

• Start Topic

On 8/12/2019 at 11:34 PM, Wandering Snark said:

He looked almost unrecognizable really. I guess he's gotta a little older, a little wiser and a little mustache...

I don't know about "wiser".

10 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Did she say yes to talking to him or to a date? I could be remembering wrong, but I thought he approached her in front of everyone and asked if he could talk to her. So if she was the one approached in front of a bunch of people, simply asked to chat, and said yes, I don't see the big deal. If I'm remembering it all wrong, my apologies. A lot of the date initiations are kind of similar so I may get them confused. 

She definitely said yes to the date. Jordan got all excited and skipped off to pick his outfit. Then Hannah went to his room and told him she'd changed her mind.

9 hours ago, MsTree said:

What was Cam talking about...a disability?  I didn't watch him on the Bachelorette, and wasn't really paying attention because I find him boring, so I have no idea what his little 'pity party' was all about.

According to what Cam told Hannah B. on the Bachelorette, he had lymphedema in his leg and his doctors said it might have to be amputated. And he claims that's the reason he can't find love. Poor, delusional Cam ...

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 8/12/2019 at 10:35 PM, Mswldflwr said:

I think Cam just needs to go old-fashioned and choose a....mail order bride.  I suspect that's all that's going to work for that guy.

So, funny that you said this, because I realized while he was reading his love letter to Caelynn that he reminds me exactly of this friend I had years ago who was always very intense and desperate for love and rubbed a bunch of people the wrong way all the time. Their looks, speech pattern, cringey dialogue, everything... all the same. Well, that guy ended up getting a Russian mail order bride, and they are still together with two kids. I actually said out loud at the end of this episode that Cam should take the same path. There's hope yet, Cam! Just turn to the Internet. Or Annaliese.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 8/12/2019 at 10:03 PM, saber5055 said:

I'm not seeing the Hannah attraction. Do men like tiny females with miniature facial features? I guess the answer is yes. I can't get past her profile, which looks like someone hit her in the face with a pan.

I know that's being shallow, but isn't this entire franchise built on shallow?

Kady from Love Island UK season two looks likes a 12-year-old and she’s really popular with the men as well. I don’t know why they like the child-like look. 

On 8/13/2019 at 11:19 AM, alexa said:

True, but I think what we are seeing with all of them is that they would not be a strong lead.  Hannah is too flighty and isn't really able to communicate well at all.  Caelynn is all over the place, and she is just not ready for a real relationship it seems.  And Blake, well, I am not quite sure what to say about him--lol, other than he should not be the lead on the bachelor.

Hannah B would have been a hot mess on BIP. They always edit the Bachelorette lead to look good and they tell them what to say.

On 8/13/2019 at 11:58 AM, bosawks said:

All Dylan has to do to get Hannah's interest back towards him is to publicly reject other suitors to pursue Hannah like Blake did.

If he rejects enough, publicly enough she will fall back in his arms.

And I will roll my eyes and drink a large glass of rosé.

If he rejects Hannah, she’ll suddenly be in love with him.

On 8/13/2019 at 12:12 PM, DEL901 said:

If this was a potential Bachelor audition, Blake blew it by juggling 4 different women. Far too messy.   No way he can fake being ready for the Journey!  Mike, on the other hand, is trying his hardest to fake sincerity and nail his audition.

I think they’re setting up for Bukowski potentially. 

11 hours ago, MsTree said:

What was Cam talking about...a disability?  I didn't watch him on the Bachelorette, and wasn't really paying attention because I find him boring, so I have no idea what his little 'pity party' was all about.

Mike fucked Cam over by lying and saying he was trying to get a pity rose and then Hannah never let him actually tell her that his serious illness is causing problems in relationships. So Mike can S my D. Cam is kind of nutty but he didn’t deserve that treatment. He’s probably the only guy on the show who actually wants a relationship for real life. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 8/12/2019 at 11:23 PM, leocadia said:

So much ridiculous tonight!  

I didn't care for Nicole on her Bachelor season, or last year on BIP, but I was happy that she had found someone in Clay.  Then tonight, she goes on a date with Jordan and I'm back to disliking her.  (Where is Annaliese when we need her?).  She seemed pretty into Clay so it's either she has Westonitis (LI contestant) wherein a previous unrecognized person gets play from multiple people and it goes to their head or else she's really just in it for the tv time and couldn't pass up a date with Jordan because she knows he gets camera time.  Too bad for her, but hopefully Clay finds someone worth his time.

Demi and Jordan should totally get together since they both seem to think they're the center of the universe.  Of course, I doubt they could fit in a room with their egos taking up all that space.  Demi at least can be amusing when she's not being a busybody (the toe search was hilarious) but Jordan works my last nerve every time.  Go away, you're not as hot, funny or cute as you think you are.

Am I crazy or from what we've been shown, hasn't Hannah been pretty honest all along that she isn't sure what she wants?  It's not her fault that Dylan has taken her attempts to nicely tell him that she wants to explore a connection with him but isn't ready to commit to mean that she wants exclusivity.  Blake has made some bad choices but I thought he handled the interruption by Dylan on the beach very well.  It seems like everyone is upset that Hannah isn't all in on Dylan because he likes her so much and they just want to stick it to Blake.  Shouldn't Hannah have the right to make the choice for herself?  Even if Blake is the bad/wrong choice it doesn't mean that Dylan is the right one.

I forgot to mention that Cam is like the Chris from last BIP.  So over-reaching and desperately creepy.  It worked out for Chris, maybe Cam will find his Crystal.

Regarding Nicole, she was on the past season of the Bachelor, so she wasn't on BIP last summer. I think you are mixing her up with Angela on BIP last season who was also Hispanic....

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Jeero1 said:

Regarding Nicole, she was on the past season of the Bachelor, so she wasn't on BIP last summer. I think you are mixing her up with Angela on BIP last season who was also Hispanic....

Oops!  Too many seasons to keep track of!  I don't know that I have her confused with someone, maybe she just bothered me enough in her one appearance to make me think it had to have been on two shows.  Thanks for setting me straight.  

3 hours ago, chocolatine said:

According to what Cam told Hannah B. on the Bachelorette, he had lymphedema in his leg and his doctors said it might have to be amputated

Didn't his story also involve the death of his new puppy and grandmother?  We never did get the full story, but I remember it being very complicated.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, jade.black said:

So, funny that you said this, because I realized while he was reading his love letter to Caelynn that he reminds me exactly of this friend I had years ago who was always very intense and desperate for love and rubbed a bunch of people the wrong way all the time. Their looks, speech pattern, cringey dialogue, everything... all the same. Well, that guy ended up getting a Russian mail order bride, and they are still together with two kids. I actually said out loud at the end of this episode that Cam should take the same path. There's hope yet, Cam! Just turn to the Internet. Or Annaliese.

Yeah, he gives off the vibe that he would just slot any name into his love letter, it's always a turn-off to feel like a a flll-in-the-blank. Those types of desperate for love guys are also always the ones moaning about girls not liking "nice guys" and never realizing that THEY are the problem.

Didn't his story also involve the death of his new puppy and grandmother?  We never did get the full story, but I remember it being very complicated.

It was a weird choppy edit, but I can also believe that he told his story poorly. It came out sounding like an old country song and not a genuine sharing of painful issues. I think that's why it was so easy for Hannah to believe Mike's version of things, that was pretty much the way it came across.

In the very first episode, it seemed like he had the potential to become a redeemed character. He was still weird, but it was coming across somewhat funny and he could have occupied that "lovable weirdo" spot (like Daniel the Canadian guy), but he took a wrong turn. 

Also, he's blind if he couldn't see that Caelynn was blatantly rose shopping. She wasn't going to go home first with Blake there to see it, so it was any port in a storm.

I think they’re setting up for Bukowski potentially. 

Somehow this is my first exposure to Bukowski, despite his lengthy resume, and I could be okay with this. He seems kinda funny and at least seems articulate, unlike Colton and some of the previous Bachelors.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, chocolatine said:

According to what Cam told Hannah B. on the Bachelorette, he had lymphedema in his leg and his doctors said it might have to be amputated. And he claims that's the reason he can't find love. Poor, delusional Cam ...

Isn't this the same ailment that Wendy Williams claims to have? If so, she's out "dippin' it and doin' it" so Cam better get over his pity party and stop depressing the ladies.

He also needs to learn that finding love has nothing to do with his limbs. As you said, his delusion is pathetic.

• Love 2

JFC.  As a woman I feel awful watching this shit.  Two men sitting there arguing over Hanna the same way my brother and I argued over who got to play super Mario brothers on the NES.

And this dum dum silently sitting there like a stone and never once speaking up and saying what SHE wants to do.  

Betty freidan rolls in her grave.  If Hannah had any respect for herself, she would have just left them both there to discuss who was allowed to play with her next.  

At some point "I'm a people pleaser" is not a good excuse for abdicating your agency. 

• Love 13