Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Peanutflutter33

Racing Wives

Finally!  A thread for this show.  I’m watching it.   What was with the impression of Ashley at that dinner??

• Like 2

I'm not sure if I'll keep watching this show.  The wives all seem to think they're better than the others because their husband is a better driver, which is crazy.  Plus, the way Samantha treated Amber was pretty crazy - but apparently racing is more conservative than almost anything else - I couldn't believe the flack she got for taking a single shot.

The other wives also clearly look down on Whitney and Mariel, and it's not comfortable to watch.

• Like 1

Mean girls 2.  I would never work for a company where I was called "girlie" by the owners.  What an awful dinner.  Don't play the game, if you can't handle the answers.

I've watched the first two episodes. I'll probably keep watching as I'm a NASCAR fan, but I'm not a fan of either Busch brothers or Austin Dillon. My racer is Martin Truex, Jr. I do think the wives featured think they're above everyone else, especially Samantha. If I was Amber, I would run as far and as fast from KBM as I could and try to find another ride with a different team. It will be interesting to see if Whitney and Mariel are ever accepted by the other wives. I thought Ashley's reaction to Whitney and Mariel being former cheerleaders was funny, considering both she and Samantha are former Monster girls. That dinner party was uncomfortable to watch.

Edited by bjo1969
  • Like 1

CMT must be paying their Blur Editor overtime for this series. We're hitting Bachelor in Paradise levels of blur in some scenes. 

I don't expect the show to show an unrealistic situation where everyone is BFF, but there was an awful lot of awkward hostility at the dinner party that made it uncomfortable to watch. NASCAR cannot be happy that a series featuring some of their drivers wives is airing some dirty laundry.

I can't decide if they(the producers) want the "drama" or why Samantha or Ashley would want to be shown in such an awful way.

Edited by edie3 · Reason: edit

I didn’t know this was a show, but I heard a few years back they tried to make a NASCAR Wives type show and it didn’t make it to air because they were all too nice to each other.

On 8/11/2019 at 9:34 AM, bjo1969 said:

It will be interesting to see if Whitney and Mariel are ever accepted by the other wives. I thought Ashley's reaction to Whitney and Mariel being former cheerleaders was funny, considering both she and Samantha are former Monster girls. That dinner party was uncomfortable to watch.

To me, it's just like any other profession.  There are those on the top who look down on the ones they feel are on the bottom.  What's interesting is how conservative NASCAR is considering the brand models are scantily clad and are there to interact with the fans and get people interested in the sport, they know damn well sex sells so the conservative act is hypocritical to me.   

• Like 2

And I can't stand that Samantha person, or the other chick with the stringy hair, Ashley is that her name, who couldn't even laugh at herself.  I would have told Mariel that she was on point with her impression, especially since THAT was what she said to Whitney!

BTW, Samantha is a shitty businesswoman.  Amber came into the event and just stood there and didn't know what to do.  Why didn't Samantha have someone meet her and tell her where to go?  See, easy peasy and I'm not a NASCAR wife or a business woman.

• Like 1