Type keyword(s) to search

Racing Wives - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I'm not sure if I'll keep watching this show.  The wives all seem to think they're better than the others because their husband is a better driver, which is crazy.  Plus, the way Samantha treated Amber was pretty crazy - but apparently racing is more conservative than almost anything else - I couldn't believe the flack she got for taking a single shot.

The other wives also clearly look down on Whitney and Mariel, and it's not comfortable to watch.

• Love 2

Mean girls 2.  I would never work for a company where I was called "girlie" by the owners.  What an awful dinner.  Don't play the game, if you can't handle the answers.

• Love 1

I've watched the first two episodes. I'll probably keep watching as I'm a NASCAR fan, but I'm not a fan of either Busch brothers or Austin Dillon. My racer is Martin Truex, Jr. I do think the wives featured think they're above everyone else, especially Samantha. If I was Amber, I would run as far and as fast from KBM as I could and try to find another ride with a different team. It will be interesting to see if Whitney and Mariel are ever accepted by the other wives. I thought Ashley's reaction to Whitney and Mariel being former cheerleaders was funny, considering both she and Samantha are former Monster girls. That dinner party was uncomfortable to watch.

Edited by bjo1969
  • Love 3

CMT must be paying their Blur Editor overtime for this series. We're hitting Bachelor in Paradise levels of blur in some scenes. 

I don't expect the show to show an unrealistic situation where everyone is BFF, but there was an awful lot of awkward hostility at the dinner party that made it uncomfortable to watch. NASCAR cannot be happy that a series featuring some of their drivers wives is airing some dirty laundry.

• Love 2

I can't decide if they(the producers) want the "drama" or why Samantha or Ashley would want to be shown in such an awful way.

Edited by edie3
edit
On 8/11/2019 at 9:34 AM, bjo1969 said:

It will be interesting to see if Whitney and Mariel are ever accepted by the other wives. I thought Ashley's reaction to Whitney and Mariel being former cheerleaders was funny, considering both she and Samantha are former Monster girls. That dinner party was uncomfortable to watch.

To me, it's just like any other profession.  There are those on the top who look down on the ones they feel are on the bottom.  What's interesting is how conservative NASCAR is considering the brand models are scantily clad and are there to interact with the fans and get people interested in the sport, they know damn well sex sells so the conservative act is hypocritical to me.   

• Love 4

And I can't stand that Samantha person, or the other chick with the stringy hair, Ashley is that her name, who couldn't even laugh at herself.  I would have told Mariel that she was on point with her impression, especially since THAT was what she said to Whitney!

BTW, Samantha is a shitty businesswoman.  Amber came into the event and just stood there and didn't know what to do.  Why didn't Samantha have someone meet her and tell her where to go?  See, easy peasy and I'm not a NASCAR wife or a business woman.

• Love 4

Isn't this the 5th or 6th attempt at a Nascar wives show? The FX version didnt last long, the TLC one was considered boring, I couldn't make it more than ten minutes they all seemed so unnecessarily mean. 

I’m on episode 2. Good god these women are horrible And beyond fake to each other. I feel really bad for the ex model and her best friend the wives seriously need to pull the sticks out of their asses YOU AINT THAT IMPORTANT you don’t race your husband does sit the flock down 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 4

I'm only halfway through episode 2 and I'm in, I'm hooked.  I've never been a fan of the Busch brothers, I'm a Jimmie Johnson kind of a girl.

Samantha looks like a lollipop because she is so skinny and her hair is big.  

I like Whitney and Mariel.  Poor thing Whitney, she's so not bright.  And when they were showing Mariel and her husband at home, her foundation was too light.  I could see the line near her hairline.  She and her husband are adorable though.  So they live together but are celibate? 

Tonight I'll try and catch up with the rest of the episodes on demand. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

I'm only halfway through episode 2 and I'm in, I'm hooked.  I've never been a fan of the Busch brothers, I'm a Jimmie Johnson kind of a girl.

I like Whitney and Mariel.  Poor thing Whitney, she's so not bright.  And when they were showing Mariel and her husband at home, her foundation was too light.  I could see the line near her hairline.  She and her husband are adorable though.  So they live together but are celibate? 

I am pretty new to Nascar and I am totally a Jimmie Johnson girl!

Anyway, I just finished episode 3 and there is way too much Kyle Busch on this show.  And yes, Samantha does look like a lollipop.  And from what I can tell, not a very good business woman.

Yeah, Whitney is not very bright at all.  Mariel is only a little better, but they do seem sweet.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

I'm hooked too. Not a fan of the Busch clan at all. I'm a Martin Truex, Jr. kind of gal myself! Samantha is scary skinny. I feel for Whitney and Mariel. They seem like the redheaded stepdaughters in that crowd. Whitney doesn't have a clue, although I think she's as cute as can be. I don't think Mariel is married yet. I like her too. You can tell, though, that Samantha, Ashley and their other cronies that were at the dinner party don't like her at all. I mean, after all, she's just with a pit crew guy, not a driver. The one I feel bad for is Amber. Poor thing has to deal with Samantha, who is not a very good business person. I don't feel she's well accepted either. Waiting for tomorrow's episode.

• Love 2

jeeze, the Ice Princess and Status Queen are getting on my nerves. You can probably guess who is who.   Not showing them in a good light.  You wanna be on TV that bad?

At least Whitney and Marielle are good for laughs.

Edited by edie3
edit
  • Love 4
On 9/6/2019 at 10:11 PM, edie3 said:

jeeze, the Ice Princess and Status Queen are getting on my nerves. You can probably guess who is who.   Not showing them in a good light.  You wanna be on TV that bad?

At least Whitney and Marielle are good for laughs.

I know exactly who you are talking about, perfect descriptions!  All Samantha talks about is being at this special place or that or the "who's who" on the Nascar world.  And did you know she awards infertile couples with her charity?  I was a little disappointed she kept talking about having a baby girl.  I struggled with infertility and I just wanted a BABY.  I can't believe how much she kept discussing wanting a girl.  I get most would like to have one of each, but it's like a boy wasn't even a thought.

Mariel's obsession over Whitney is a little scary.  I get it, I had a friend way back when as a new military wife.  She married a friend of my now ex-husbands and I was so excited to be a military spouse with her and she soon made her own spouse friends and I was a little jealous.  But Mariel not even wanting to go venue shopping with her own fiancé because she wanted to with Whitney was a little ridiculous.  I don't see a lot of chemistry with Mariel and Paul though.  They both seem like awesome people, but she spends time with Paul discussing Whitney.  And I think they probably got together because they were Whitney and Austins friends.  It might all be for the show, but if not, I hope they do get their own independence.  

Ambers cute but I can't get over how much she resembled Danica.  I wonder if that's intentional or coincidental? 

I'm still only on the 4th or 5th episode.  Not fully caught up yet.

Edited by ShaNaeNae
  • Love 1

Oh, Sam. The single working moms of the world are crying entire rivers for you right now.

Also, why would Mariel and Whitney want to hang out with you? I know you can't help the Karen Walker voice, but you invite yourself to their personal events and discuss your sexytimes right in front of an employee—as a "badass boss" does, of course—while the Ice Princess is more concerned about her plans going like clockwork than expressing any happiness at seeing her own nephew. If there's another season, you two should probably just lean into your villain edits. And get a more interesting flying monkey than Random Blonde.

• Love 5

and talk about rude...bringing a kid to a girls weekend without letting the hostess know!  Why, Ashley would have needed at least 4 more servants!

And if I had an extra $25,000, I could throw a kick ass party!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 9/14/2019 at 11:14 AM, PhoneCop said:

Oh, Sam. The single working moms of the world are crying entire rivers for you right now.

Also, why would Mariel and Whitney want to hang out with you? I know you can't help the Karen Walker voice, but you invite yourself to their personal events and discuss your sexytimes right in front of an employee—as a "badass boss" does, of course—while the Ice Princess is more concerned about her plans going like clockwork than expressing any happiness at seeing her own nephew. If there's another season, you two should probably just lean into your villain edits. And get a more interesting flying monkey than Random Blonde.

I actually LOL'd when Samantha asked if she and Ashley were invited to Mariel's shower. And that girl's trip to Ashley's estate ~ now I know why I get the "privileged life" feeling about her. The girl came from some money it appears. Her own polo field? Can't wait for the next episode. Wife/girlfriend "showdown".

Edited by bjo1969
  • Love 2

I liked the finale; but Ashley ugh I hated how she gaslighted Mariel.  I wouldn't want to be friends with Ashley either.

I felt bad for Amber, not her fault at all, lousy KMB car's fault.

My heart broke for Sam.  I appreciated her saying that she wasn't doing well.  And I liked how the show ended on a bittersweet note, because that felt real.

And of course I love Whit Whit and Mariel!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

I liked the finale; but Ashley ugh I hated how she gaslighted Mariel.  I wouldn't want to be friends with Ashley either.

I felt bad for Amber, not her fault at all, lousy KMB car's fault.

My heart broke for Sam.  I appreciated her saying that she wasn't doing well.  And I liked how the show ended on a bittersweet note, because that felt real.

And of course I love Whit Whit and Mariel!

I don't like Ashley at all. To me, she thinks she's above everyone else. IMHO, she's the one that acted all uppity towards Whitney and especially Mariel. I wonder if they'll have a second season, and if so, who will still be on the show.

• Love 1

The problem is Ashley keeps saying, "I invite you here and there..." but her actions say the opposite.  If the show gets a second season, they can leave Ashley out, leave her to design her swimwear (as if we need MORE designer swimwear) and ride horses.  

• Love 3

For a second I got my hopes up that Mariel and Whitney were launching a swimwear line and the second season would be centered around their business rivalry with Ashley. I guess they can duke it out with Kristin Cavallari instead.

I agree that Ashley needs to be jettisoned if there's another season; she clearly doesn't need any money and brings nothing to the table but her obnoxious classism. As brief as her photoshoot was, it still felt like total dead space in the middle of the episode. And I'm tired of watching her act like a mean-girl eighth-grader punching down on seventh-graders over the kind of basic social clashes that most people learn how to sort out by the time they reach adulthood OH WAIT.

Instead, put the focus on Mariel and Whitney—that's two racing wives, plural, that works—plus Amber. I guess Sam can stay; she's still needed for Amber's storyline, plus I feel for her on the pregnancy issues. And Brexit is a cute kid.

• Love 2

But Ashley and Sam got the brothers back together, Nobel prize worthy!!

And while I really feel sorry for Samantha's miscarriage, I think the tree planting should have not been filmed.  Some things need to be kept private.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, edie3 said:

But Ashley and Sam got the brothers back together, Nobel prize worthy!!

And while I really feel sorry for Samantha's miscarriage, I think the tree planting should have not been filmed.  Some things need to be kept private.

Both of these...YES.  I'm tired of Ashley and Sam acting like they solved world peace while patting themselves on the back for getting the boys back together.  I think it's all for film anyway, the brothers will probably never be close.  

I felt weird watching the tree planting.  The letters, etc.  I watch these shows for a light hearted chance to forget about real life.  I'm just not a fan of Sam anyway.  

It started off a good season but seemed to forced at the end.  It's ok to be casual friends, but you don't need to be asking others why they didn't invite you to their shower when you barely know each other. 

• Love 2
On 8/10/2019 at 4:47 PM, hilaryvm said:

I'm not sure if I'll keep watching this show.  The wives all seem to think they're better than the others because their husband is a better driver, which is crazy.  Plus, the way Samantha treated Amber was pretty crazy - but apparently racing is more conservative than almost anything else - I couldn't believe the flack she got for taking a single shot.

The other wives also clearly look down on Whitney and Mariel, and it's not comfortable to watch.

THANK YOU!!  It seemed so hypocritical!  She took a drink.  At a party.  Oh Lord, let the walls come tumbling down!  Geez!  The whole crowd seems like a bunch of judgmental b's.   And then the way that Samantha dealt with Amber after she was recognized and signed autographs!  That was so rude!  

On 9/21/2019 at 9:19 PM, edie3 said:

If you looked in the dictionary under RBF, Ashley's photo would be there.

Preach it!  Truer words were never spoken.

Does anyone think there will be a season #2?

• Love 1
On 9/27/2019 at 11:53 PM, suzywallis said:

Does anyone think there will be a season #2?

Amber said that they don't know yet if there will be one.  I hope that there is.

Amber is really the only person that didn't annoy me at all.  I like Whitney and Mariel but sometimes they can be just a little "too much" for me.  I however will take them over Ashley and Sam any day.  We were watching the race yesterday and I told my boyfriend that I hope that Kurt Busch doesn't make the cut line for the playoffs because I don't like his wife. 🙂

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, NewGranny said:

We were watching the race yesterday and I told my boyfriend that I hope that Kurt Busch doesn't make the cut line for the playoffs because I don't like his wife. 🙂

And he didn't! And Kyle had a horrible day, and got the most boo's at driver introductions.

• Love 1

I wonder if there will be a second season. I started following Mariel and her husband Paul on Instagram and they are cute. Whitney Dillon had a baby boy named Ace a few months ago and after typing Austin's name on Google he has Covid-19 so that's gotta be stressful in the Dillon household.

Also Mariel was in the MRS. North Carolina/ South Carolina pageant over the weekend and she won! I'd forgotten that MRS pageants were a thing.

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2020/08/15/rcr-austin-dillon-tests-positive-for-covid-19-will-miss-daytona-road-course/

• Love 1
On 8/16/2020 at 11:45 AM, carolinagirl81 said:

I wonder if there will be a second season. I started following Mariel and her husband Paul on Instagram and they are cute. Whitney Dillon had a baby boy named Ace a few months ago and after typing Austin's name on Google he has Covid-19 so that's gotta be stressful in the Dillon household.

Also Mariel was in the MRS. North Carolina/ South Carolina pageant over the weekend and she won! I'd forgotten that MRS pageants were a thing.

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2020/08/15/rcr-austin-dillon-tests-positive-for-covid-19-will-miss-daytona-road-course/

I’m beginning to think there won’t be. I saw Whitney gave birth but had no idea Austin had Covid! He just won Texas a few weeks ago! 

6 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

I’m beginning to think there won’t be. I saw Whitney gave birth but had no idea Austin had Covid! He just won Texas a few weeks ago! 

Yeah, the article said he tested positive on the 15