Type keyword(s) to search

TMZ On TV - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2015 at 1:23 AM, GaT said:

LOL, did you see last night's show when one of the girls was talking about something that happened & Harvey said something like "this happened in England?" & she chirped right up & said "Yes! In Paris!" & then when people laughed at her, she said she wasn't good at geography. I'm sorry, but these people are about as bright as small appliance bulbs.

I think the collective IQ of some of these people is less than Ryan Lochte's.

• Love 2

With the staff there's an interesting mix of life experiences and intelligence levels that you wouldn't get at every work place. One time, there was somehow a discussion of hoochie mamas vs. gold diggers that was typical lowbrow TMZ, but Van mentioned Venn diagrams to counter Harvey's stance that the two were interchangeable. Found it:

Even the ones who tend to seem stupid most of the time can make me laugh on occasion:

The voiceover guy isn't technically on-air staff but he really makes the show: 

• Love 2

Here I come to awaken this dead thread for 2017! I just want to make one comment: TMZ... DO NOT ever show me another interaction between your "reporters" and the f'd up, arrogant, misguided,moronic little twit (or twat) referred to as the "cash me outside" chic. She and her mother a waste of precious oxygen on this planet.Thanks Harvey!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Here I come to awaken this dead thread for 2017! I just want to make one comment: TMZ... DO NOT ever show me another interaction between your "reporters" and the f'd up, arrogant, misguided,moronic little twit (or twat) referred to as the "cash me outside" chic. She and her mother a waste of precious oxygen on this planet.Thanks Harvey!

Who the hell is she anyway and why is she a "celebrity"?  Granted, I'm old but I'd never heard of her before.  I know she's just a kid but I thought she was disgusting.  

• Love 1

She was on  a couple episodes of Dr. Phil featured as an "out of control teen". I'm pretty sure she's nothing but a fame whore trying to gain lots of celeb status equal to the Kardashians.She openly admits she hates all of the Kardashians and will kick all their asses.And that "OhWell",  is all I have to say about this ugly mess. I hope she disappears faster than Criss (Chris?)Angel. (But I  actually like Criss/Chris Angel ?) He's much easier on the eyes!

• Love 2

I agree about this girl being a waste of space, I don't understand people's apparent fascination with her. She's in talks right now with a few people for her own reality show, so it doesn't sound like she's going away, & even worse, she making bucks. I also don't know why she's the "cash me ousside" girl instead of "catch me outside".

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, GaT said:

I agree about this girl being a waste of space, I don't understand people's apparent fascination with her. She's in talks right now with a few people for her own reality show, so it doesn't sound like she's going away, & even worse, she making bucks. I also don't know why she's the "cash me ousside" girl instead of "catch me outside".

Because I guess early on as the clip went viral, people thought "cashmeousside (howbowdah)" was closer than, "Catch me outside, how about that!" to how she actually said it? I liked that time when the staffers were joking that she's really 25 or something, and an actress who tried out different accents for the catchphrase, but agree that I don't need to see her featured on TV (or the web) ever again. 

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 1

I don't care if she gets a show because I certainly wouldn't be watching it.  However, if she does get a show I don't see it as being any more "wrong" than the other trashy reality shows out there:  Kardashians, Mama June/Honey Boo Boo, all those Housewives shows, etc.  

I

On 3/17/2017 at 3:19 PM, Scout Finch said:

What the heck is the open blue circle electronic thing on a base that's on Mike's desk? I saw one on another TMZ staffer's desk a couple of days ago and it looked like it was oscillating.

Its a fan. I've seen them before but have never used one. 

On 6/5/2017 at 11:37 AM, junemeatcleaver said:

Are the only old school peanut gallery folks still left the girls who lost on The Amazing Race?

Charles maybe? He is more behind the scenes now I guess, but appears semi-regulary & sometimes hosts when Harvey is out.

Yesterday there was a segment on a rapper (Red Something or Something Red) who I guess appears in Verizon ads, because Chad said something about Verizon servicing 99% of the US. I thought he was making a smart ass, yet awkward, comment, but then - whadda ya know - a Verizon ad! Come on Harvey, don't you make enough $$ without your employees having to shill for cell phone carriers? Hope Chad got a nice bonus for that!

I noticed that Mike was gone, but it took me a while. I see that he recruited Gary (the 'fat guy with beard' mentioned in the thread title) from TMZ. It also took me a while to notice that he left TMZ, and he was one of my favorites. 

Edited by Toothbrush

Apparently there was a huge dust up when Mike left.  http://www.thewrap.com/harvey-levins-top-lieutenant-leaves-tmz-after-newsroom-altercation-exclusive/

Sources said it started because Levin didn’t want to re-negotiate the contract of Liz Walters, who is Mike’s sister and ran the company’s court reporting beat. Levin referred to her as “shady” to the entire staff and Walters immediately confronted him, needing to be physically restrained by staffers.

TheWrap learned that Levin repeatedly shouted “shady” during the altercation, and Mike Walters packed up his stuff and left the office without returning.

But it was already known that Harvey is a huge tool and the laughing family of misfits image of TMZ on TV is only a facade.

Did anybody see Anthony Scaramucci on the show yesterday? He was standing in for Harvey, & I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I liked him. He didn't come off as an asshole, what he said sounded informed & intelligent, & he didn't shy away from the fact that he only had the job for 11 days. I was really surprised. 

• Love 2

I deleted it before even watching it (yes, I have a season pass - don't judge me!). I figured he would either be awesome or awful, and I didn't have the fortitude to find out which. You are braver than I, and I'm glad you didn't you didn't have to sit through a painful show! 

I really hate it when they have the people on skype to give their opinions.  First of all, skype distorts your face so most of these people look awful.  Second, 95% of their comments are ignorant and stupid.  I just wish TMZ would stop having them on the air.  

• Love 1

Does anyone know if where someone is positioned means anything? I always wonder why some people are sitting, & some people are standing. I noticed that the large guy who normally stands next to the lawyer guy with the beard he's always touching (I can't find anybody's name LOL) isn't there, but the blonde woman who used to be sitting in the 2nd row is now standing where large guy used to be.

Also, why is Shevonne (yay! a name I know!) selling things in the TMZ store?

Have the complaints about the sloppiness of Raquel finally been heeded?   She looked clean and put together most of this week.  Of course, her on-air presentations are laughable and/or embarrassing.  Surely there's another female who can bring us information and gossip on "Black culture," who would do a much better job.  Mistaking Marmalade for Charlemagne?  Defending the indefensible? Straighten up, Raquel!

Edited by Former Nun
Punk-chewayshun
  • Love 1

I finally figured out a name, the missing guy is Chad, & the missing girl I think is Katie, maybe. I can't find anything on them leaving the show. so I have no idea where they went to.

I wonder if Katie is in a new off-camera role, and was filling in the day she was standing in the back row. 

I always liked Chad. He seemed to be good-natured and had good chemistry with everyone. I think he & Mike were friends, maybe even in-laws, so I wonder if that created tension since Mike evidently did not leave TMZ on good terms. Maybe Chad is working with Mike now. 

I watched the Halloween show & Katie (if that's her name) was back, but she's still standing behind the computers instead of sitting in the chair she was always in. I have no idea what this means. 

Is anybody else continually amazed at how stupid some of these people are? The 2 blonde girls that sit next to each (I think one is Courtney. & she's always talking about getting high) & the one to her left with the really high voice just strike me as morons, & Charlie the Australian guy isn't exactly a rocket scientist either. The other day Raquel kept insisting that Travis Scott's real name (Jacques) was pronounced  "Jac-kwes" instead of "Jaq" (sorry, having trouble figuring out what the correct pronunciation would look like phonetically LOL) even though he says his real name in one of his songs.  They just strike me as people who have no other options but to work in the gossip industry. 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

At least Charlie the Australian guy kind of knows his limitations and laughs at himself, so I like him for that.  The rest though? Meh.  And Raquel is just stupid.

Raquel is beyond stupid, & every time she shows a clip form Raq Rants I cringe with embarrassment. 

• Love 2
On 3/10/2018 at 5:25 PM, GaT said:

Raquel is beyond stupid, & every time she shows a clip form Raq Rants I cringe with embarrassment. 

I came here to discuss something different (below), but noticed this comment.  What's up with Raquel lately?  She has had a complete makeover...professional make-up with shading, nice hair.  She still lacks many IQ points, but she looks great.     Now for the "below."   Even on THIS show they can't pronounce "pundit" correctly.

2 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I came here to discuss something different (below), but noticed this comment.  What's up with Raquel lately?  She has had a complete makeover...professional make-up with shading, nice hair.  She still lacks many IQ points, but she looks great.     Now for the "below."   Even on THIS show they can't pronounce "pundit" correctly.

I agree, she looks all "did" now. My guess is that it's because her show has moved from YouTube to BET which is a pretty big deal.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, GaT said:

My guess is that it's because her show has moved from YouTube to BET which is a pretty big deal.

I had NO IDEA.   I think I get BET; I'll have to check.  She is very prejudiced: no rapper can do wrong.  Also, she prefers the trashiest celebs.

On 11/25/2018 at 5:55 PM, callie lee 29 said:

I'm watching the Friday episode and while this place would be a nightmare to work for most days, I do need to find a boss that hands out champagne multiple times a year.

From various articles and exposes about TMZ I've read through the years, TMZ's work environment is worse than what they show on series.

TMZ has become fascinating.  Harvey completely DISAGREES with Van that most caught up in the "college admissions scandal" are those with White Privilege.  Is it because many of those "celebrities" are Harvey's wish-they-were-my-friends?

48 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

TMZ has become fascinating.  Harvey completely DISAGREES with Van that most caught up in the "college admissions scandal" are those with White Privilege.  Is it because many of those "celebrities" are Harvey's wish-they-were-my-friends?

Remember that Harvey is basically a conservative in many ways (despite being gay and working with/employing a fairly diverse crew). 

9 hours ago, Kromm said:

Remember that Harvey is basically a conservative in many ways (despite being gay and working with/employing a fairly diverse crew). 

...and too obvious in his yearning to really belong (really belong) to the White Privilege Club.   He hasn't learned to hide his insecurities.  It was embarrassing to watch him such up to Donald Trump for so long.  Eventually the embarrassment got to him.  Now that I think of it, his sucking up to any/all celebrities is embarrassing.

Thanks for commenting.

• Love 3

I've heard Harvey correct his on-air people when they mispronounce a name or a place.

Charles has also corrected Harvey.

Isn't Lori Loughlin's surname pronounced LOCK-lin?   He pronounces it incorrectly every day--and so does everyone on the show.

On 3/21/2019 at 10:30 AM, HaaCHOO said:

I've heard Harvey correct his on-air people when they mispronounce a name or a place.

Charles has also corrected Harvey.

Isn't Lori Loughlin's surname pronounced LOCK-lin?   He pronounces it incorrectly every day--and so does everyone on the show.

I thought it was Loff-lin. 

On 3/10/2018 at 7:25 PM, GaT said:

Sadly - or ironically - her mother is actually a rocket scientist! Not a euphemism.

Van Lathan fired after spat with co-worker

An insider defended Lathan — who also hosts the “Red Pill” podcast — saying that in the site’s high-pressure newsroom, staffers are often pitted against each other for the sake of making good TV. “Van’s not mean-spirited. Anything that happened is a product of that environment,” said an insider.

Yet another story about TMZ's toxic work environment.

• Love 2