Type keyword(s) to search

TMZ On TV - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

Technically there actually appear to be two main Whiny Female Correspondents (and a few minor ones in the back, who aren't whiny at all, but who never get to talk), but that thread title would have been much longer!  There's also Smug Looking Guy, Blonde Surfer Dude, Aussie Guy, and at least one other main up-front of the meeting woman besides the two whiny (white) girls. Lets call her African-American Girl Who Always Reports On Hip-Hop Artists/Rappers.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1

So here's an example of the dynamic with these folks.  Whiny Female Correspondent (the main brunette one, not the slightly less whiny blonde one) gets really whiny about Princess Elsa in Frozen (the TMZ story is about an Elsa look-alike they got a picture of in a bikini, but then WFC goes on her rant about the original Elsa). Token Black Guy In Backwards Baseball Cap tries to bring things back to reality by talking about the "huge whappers" of the look-alike. Smug Looking Guy closes the bit out with a "Let It Go" joke.

What's the name of the girl who's related to some famous architect???

That's the blond girl, right?  The less whiny of the two main "white girls" who sit up front.

I just saw that episode.  There was also the guy who wanted to one-up her because he's related to Fred Murtz.  

(edited)

Yes, the eppy aired today.  Harvey was talking to two new guys from England who are going to be on Million Dollar Listing reality show and he asked the guys if they heard of this architect and it turned out the blond girl is related to him.  I think her first name is Charlie but I want to know the LAST name.

Do you recall the architect's name???

ETA - never mind - I found it - it's Neff

Edited by Fishy

That's the blond girl, right? The less whiny of the two main "white girls" who sit up front.

I like her. The snarky blond that sometimes wears glasses and I like Max the blond Jeff Spicoli surfer doofus. And the brown haired snarky guy that is always to their left.

(edited)

Max the surfer doofus left the show about a year ago. Yeah, I know, it took me this long to figure out he was gone too. 

Do we even have names for most of the others?  Or maybe we actually don't (or shouldn't) care.  "Fat Guy with Beard", for example, seems as good a thing to call him as anything.  We only get into a pickle with the ones like "Smug Looking Guy", because while there's one guy I particularly peg as being the smug wisecracking one, someone else might think another TMZer is the smug one.

Edited by Kromm

Max the surfer doofus left the show about a year ago. Yeah, I know, it took me this long to figure out he was gone too.

Lmfao! Right!

Yeah I'm not totally clear on who we mean by smug looking guy. If it was smug looking girl, I would totally think you meant the blonde up front who I'm guessing is the one related to the architect.

Yea the smug girl is the blond in the front related to he architect. The smug guy is the one I Sao I liked his snark who sits on the left of her. He has brown hair and sort of dismissive tone.

Lmfao! Right!

Yea the smug girl is the blond in the front related to he architect. The smug guy is the one I Sao I liked his snark who sits on the left of her. He has brown hair and sort of dismissive tone.

Smug Looking Guy is the one who makes the "Let It Go" joke at the end of the video embedded upthread.  That's pretty much his role in most TMZ newsroom shots.  He tends to make a lot of the jokes the segments close on.

EDIT - Wait, here's a screen cap.  In it, you can see Smug Looking guy in a pink-ish looking shirt (or is it white and my color balance is off?) with his arms waving around.  He's where he usually is--standing behind Fat Guy with Beard (who's at a desk and has Whiny Brunette Female Correspondent next to him).  That guy next to Smug is kind of his constant co-smirker (he gets some sarcastic bon-mots too, just not as often). I'm not 100% sure, but I think he may be the one who said he was related to the guy who played Fred Murtz when that blonde girl talked about being related to the famous architect)

y5KyG5B.jpg

Edited by Kromm

There's a skinny blonde gal who sits next to or close to Whiny Brunette.  She's got a whiny, valley-girl voice and I can't stand to hear her speak.  Whiny Brunette is annoying, too, but not as much as that other one.

I want to punch Faux Hip Token Black Guy in the face because he likes to needle Charles for "not being black enough."  Actually I'd like for Charles to punch him.

The crowd is too big I'm not even joking. They need 30 people riffing on the pics and clips? Maybe just have 10 ones that are more witty so we don't have to keep track of them all or wonder why the office is sardines ville

• Love 1

^^^Which one is mike? Is Charles the black guy who's kinda smart and quippy? I like him too!

Smug Looking Guy is the one who makes the "Let It Go" joke at the end of the video embedded upthread. That's pretty much his role in most TMZ newsroom shots. He tends to make a lot of the jokes the segments close on.

EDIT - Wait, here's a screen cap. In it, you can see Smug Looking guy in a pink-ish looking shirt (or is it white and my color balance is off?) with his arms waving around. He's where he usually is--standing behind Fat Guy with Beard (who's at a desk and has Whiny Brunette Female Correspondent next to him). That guy next to Smug is kind of his constant co-smirker (he gets some sarcastic bon-mots too, just not as often). I'm not 100% sure, but I think he may be the one who said he was related to the guy who played Fred Murtz when that blonde girl talked about being related to the famous architect)

y5KyG5B.jpg

The one to the right of Smug in the black shirt with short curly brown hair I think is quite funny. Edited by Petunia13
Is Charles the black guy who's kinda smart and quippy? I like him too!

Charles is the black guy with the dreadlocks. 

I can't stand obnoxious Smug Guy in the pink shirt.  The guy next to him is funnier.

Charles is the black guy with the dreadlocks.

I can't stand obnoxious Smug Guy in the pink shirt. The guy next to him is funnier.

Yes I agree with you on both. I really like Charles and always have. He's vey laid back and good with off the cuff remarks. I also concur about the guy in the right (which I mentioned earlier liking).

So Max the long haired surfer dude who used to be on the show like 2 yrs ago was on Millionaire Matchmaker a fix up show on Bravo. LOL

Let's put some names to these guys.

Whiny Female Correspondent in the clip posted above is Shevonne.  Besides Charles, the other main black guy is Van.  The smug guy also in the clip posted above is Rick, and the guy next to him is Brian.  The fat guy with the beard is Gary.  The black female who reports on the rappers is Raquel.

• Love 2

I love this show, I love the people on the show ... I even love the ones I hate. I have a permanent series record for TMZ Live and TMZ in case I'm not home, or busy working (at home). I can't explain it, my family is ashamed of it and yet I don't care.

And I want nothing more of a visit to LA than to take the tour bus. (I wouldn't take the one here -NYC-though, I want to see the LA crew.)

Don't judge me.

• Love 6

Shevonne and Kelly will be in the next season of The Amazing Race.

I saw that last night, this should be interesting. I wonder how they'll like being the topic of (maybe not so good or even true) conversation online instead of being the ones talking about other people?

Is it just me, or are these on air people kind of stupid? And if that one guy who stands (and whose name I don't remember) tries to correct anyone, everyone jumps on him. I find the females particularly dumb.

• Love 2

I have to say that while Kalon McMahon was a total douchebag on the Emily season of "The Bachelorette" and a total loser on last year's "Bachelor in Paradise", I'm totally loving him as a correspondent.  I think he found his niche, because he looks good, sounds authoritative and seems to get along well with the others.  

Blasphemer!!

LOL, did you see last night's show when one of the girls was talking about something that happened & Harvey said something like "this happened in England?" & she chirped right up & said "Yes! In Paris!" & then when people laughed at her, she said she wasn't good at geography. I'm sorry, but these people are about as bright as small appliance bulbs.

• Love 2

LOL, did you see last night's show when one of the girls was talking about something that happened & Harvey said something like "this happened in England?" & she chirped right up & said "Yes! In Paris!" & then when people laughed at her, she said she wasn't good at geography. I'm sorry, but these people are about as bright as small appliance bulbs.

Oh, I didn't say that some of them aren't dim. We just don't talk about that. :D

Shevonne and Kelly will be in the next season of The Amazing Race.

Well... barely... (they were eliminated first)

Even these two talked about it maybe being Karma.

And man, as expected, the whine factor was high, even if it was just for one episode.

I wouldn't mind Raquel if she'd just use her inside voice.

I wouldn't mind her if she would learn to enunciate, half the time I have no idea what she's talking about.

• Love 1

Why does Harvey gasp so damn much? It's so annoying to listen to him on TMZ Live. I've never heard anybody gasp when speaking like he does. He sounds like it's cigarette break time on the emphysema ward. He says 2 words, huge gasp, 2 words, huge gasp.

Does anybody else notice that? I haven't noticed anybody else on the show doing this.

It's petty but it drives me crazy.

Raquel needs to lower her voice, stop acting like she knows every damn thing and buy a bra that fits.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 2

Is Dax Holt getting on anybody else's nerves? He's such a friggin' hound dog, every picture he talks about shows somebody's ass, or their boobs, or some other body part he's drooling over. He never does regular stories, just things about female body parts & he's obsessed with Jennifer Aniston's nipples. He's just really uncomfortable to watch.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, GaT said:

Is Dax Holt getting on anybody else's nerves? He's such a friggin' hound dog, every picture he talks about shows somebody's ass, or their boobs, or some other body part he's drooling over. He never does regular stories, just things about female body parts & he's obsessed with Jennifer Aniston's nipples. He's just really uncomfortable to watch.

Yes.  He's getting on my nerves. I wondered if anyone else thought he was a lecherous hound dog.  I'm sick and tired of him talking about such and such's ass, boobs, etc.  Even the other guys look at him like he's a horndog.  It's hard to believe he's married and I can't understand the wife putting up with his creepy ass.  

• Love 1
(edited)

A full episode from 2011 got posted to the site, probably by mistake so it may not be there for long. Such a blast from the past to see the staff! Some people, I definitely noticed that they'd left, like Nina and Max, while others just sort of faded away. Anna, I remember used to be a go-to for all things Armenian whenever there was a Kardashian story, and she seemed close to Shavonne, but I guess I hadn't noticed that she wasn't on the show anymore.

Edited by Dejana