Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E14: White Gloves Off

• Start Topic

On 8/15/2019 at 1:30 AM, Irritable said:

Naomie looked stunning at the party, I loved that dress on her.  I enjoyed the little moment in the show with her mother, seeing the photos of her at Naomie's age.  I personally think Naomie can do better than Metul, but she doesn't think so, and that's a shame. She will put up with his humorless, dominant personality because she believes that's the price of getting someone out of her league.  

I also loved that dress.   Metul is overbearing and arrogant and I  would never be able to deal with him.    I think Naomie is smart and strong and has no need to marry anyone just to better herself.   I am not sure what you mean by  "out of her league.  She seems like she has class to me, works hard and has initiative.    She was never my favorite, but I like her more since she and Craig are not a couple.   She was really miserable to be around someone like him.  Sadly, Craig is not over her yet IMO.     I hope she sees that his culture perhaps is what makes him how  he appears to be in treating women.  

Just now, oceanview said:

I also loved that dress.   Metul is overbearing and arrogant and I  would never be able to deal with him.    I think Naomie is smart and strong and has no need to marry anyone just to better herself.   I am not sure what you mean by  "out of her league.  She seems like she has class to me, works hard and has initiative.    She was never my favorite, but I like her more since she and Craig are not a couple.   She was really miserable to be around someone like him.  Sadly, Craig is not over her yet IMO.     I hope she sees that his culture perhaps is what makes him how  he appears to be in treating women.  

"He meaning"  Metul, not Craig

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Sage47 said:

If this show has another season, Shep is in trouble. Viewers actively don’t like him now. He is the poster child for why rich parents shouldn’t hand their kids everything AND drill into their heads that they are better than everyone else due to their wealth. It’s actually gross what Shep is at his core. 

Or maybe Bravo hopes that a new asshole to replace Thomas will keep the ratings up.

I think Thomas and Kathryn were one of the main reasons the show drew viewers, especially the first season.

Bravo gorged on their drama.  Rest of cast didn't like either of them but they had no choice, if they wanted to be on the show, they were going to be supporting players.

Anyways, hated figures are and high ratings are not mutually exclusive.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, scrb said:

Or maybe Bravo hopes that a new asshole to replace Thomas will keep the ratings up.

I think Thomas and Kathryn were one of the main reasons the show drew viewers, especially the first season.

Bravo gorged on their drama.  Rest of cast didn't like either of them but they had no choice, if they wanted to be on the show, they were going to be supporting players.

Anyways, hated figures are and high ratings are not mutually exclusive.

That is true, but there does seem to be a line that only BRAVO can discern. It is one thing to have an Ashley to bring some drama (didn't work, but was clearly the intent), but she was never part of the group. As a viewer, I can get angry at a group member, recognize their flaws, but I still have to see something good in them. Craig is a great example. All kinds of annoying qualites and would not want my daughter to date him, but I believe under all those wrong choices and laziness, beats a kind heart. I can find something redeeming in all of these people, even if I find them boring or dislike them. Except Shep. I do think there is a point when BRAVO stars lose all humanity and then the viewers are finished. My guess is Shep will get another season to redeem himself. That could end up being the last season unless it gets more interesting, but my guess is, unless he can do that, the show may go on, but he will be gone. 

Edited by chlban
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, chlban said:

. My guess is Shep will get another season to redeem himself.

Please, no offense meant, but I hope he is outta here next season.  He has been so vile this year; could you imagine another series with him looking for love?  Ick.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, albarino said:

Please, no offense meant, but I hope he is outta here next season.  He has been so vile this year; could you imagine another series with him looking for love?  Ick.

Oh, I agree with you. I just think BRAVO might be willing to give him a shot since, although it is hard to believe right now, he was once a popular guy. I would be happy to be proven wrong. 

• Love 2
On 8/17/2019 at 11:29 AM, mandymax said:

I was pleased to see that Eliza did indeed turn out to be quite harmless and genuine.  She's young, and it shows, but in a good way - she hasn't yet experienced enough of life to become jaded and cynical, and therefore seems a bit childish and naive when it comes to catty people.  I don't mind her.

Yeah, I'm not sold on Eliza being harmless or genuine. She seems like a reality TV show whore wannabe who will do anything to get a permaspot on this sinking ship wreck of a show. And to show she's a BravHo Trooper, she willingly agrees to invite psycho Assley to not one but how many filming opps? Yeah, harmless, not to me. Genuine, not to me. Not after the first shit show when Eliza did a post mortem during the shit show and afterward about how wrong she was about Assley. And yet she gives in again and again to her? Nope. That's producer driven drama BS, manufactured for a show that has no clear story line this season. And Eliza went along with it, because she's desperate to pimp her "disgraced family name" to gain the status of a Z-list 'celeb'. She can show herself out now.

• Love 7

I Keep thinking of the season that shep  was kind to everyone and didn't want to leave anyone out, especially katherine.  Remember the skating party where Landon didn't invite katherine and shep thought it wasn't nice not to invite katherine even though no one liked her.

what happened to that shep?

te

• Love 14
2 hours ago, gingerella said:

Yeah, I'm not sold on Eliza being harmless or genuine. She seems like a reality TV show whore wannabe who will do anything to get a permaspot on this sinking ship wreck of a show. And to show she's a BravHo Trooper, she willingly agrees to invite psycho Assley to not one but how many filming opps?

Yes, Eliza was only on the show as a legitimate way to bring Ashley around.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, jaybird2 said:

I Keep thinking of the season that shep  was kind to everyone and didn't want to leave anyone out, especially katherine.  Remember the skating party where Landon didn't invite katherine and shep thought it wasn't nice not to invite katherine even though no one liked her.

te

Isn't Katherine from a socially prominent family? Maybe he worried about that. Maybe he got better editing, but the editors now hate him? Or maybe he is a decent actor. I just don't think you go from nice, polite human being to what we saw this season. It isn't just the awful things he says and does, it is why the heck is he so obsessed with Austen's love life. When my BFF started getting serious with her future husband, after much soul searching, I warned her that he had cheated on every girl he ever dated (I had known him since childhood, she had not). Not surprisingly, she married him anyway. I was a bridesmaid, and I always treated him with respect. He did seem to truly love her but, eventually, he started cheating again and they ultimately divorced. Point being, it is one thing to voice concerns to a close friend, but it is always their decision to make and all you can do as a friend is be there, however it ends up. In the end, they have 3 wonderful daughters and my friends second husband absolutely adores her.  Shep is not a friend, there is something really wrong with him. Maybe he is in love with Austen?

Edited by chlban
  • Love 3

Yeah, as Maya Angelou always said, when someone shows you who he is, believe him. Shep is showing us who he is. That makes me sad because he could be so much more and so much better as a person than he’s chosen to be. 

• Love 8
20 hours ago, jaybird2 said:

te

Yup. I really liked that guy.  I think all of the drama this whole season has been mostly producer-driven. I think the Austen video was not real/a set up. I'm not convinced by Austen-Madison as she looks like she could eat him alive/find someone a million times better with minimal effort. I don't believe anything happened between Whitney and Katherine. I do believe Shep looks awful and his liver damage is now showing on his face and body-the clip they showed of Young Shep and Young Madison (how did they get that??) was just sad to see how far downhill he has gone. His drama has been super weird and unexplainable, so possibly he's throwing himself into the part of the town drunk villain now that Thomas is gone, at the producers urging? Or he was always an AH and nice Shep was the fake.

I do think that Thomas and Old Katherine were two authentic trainwrecks, and what make reality tv so bad that it's good sometimes. But now she has smartened up and he's on his way to jail, I suppose.

• Love 5
On 8/17/2019 at 8:04 AM, wallies said:

Whitney - Still in love with Kathryn. Blatantly trying to impress her by bragging about his guitar skills in front of her new boyfriend. Too bad mother won't allow him to be with another woman.

"I shred metal."  WTH?!  The fact that he said that with a straight face means he is either the greatest actor in the world or he actually believes it's ok for someone over the age of 14 to say that. 

Katherine and her new beau seem happy together but they are such an odd pairing physically.  It's more than she's taller than him, she seems to overpower him in personality/fashion wise.  That outfit she was wearing overpowered her as well as he.  Enh, IDK I hope she's happy with him even though he seemed out of his element on this show and speaking of looking uncomfortable....

Wow I don't know what to make of Cameran's poor husband Jason.  He just looked so bewildered.  He seems nice enough in a boring vanilla sort of way. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Heathrowe said:

I'm not convinced by Austen-Madison as she looks like she could eat him alive/find someone a million times better with minimal effort.

I think their relationship was real (or was, anyway). I think she also wanted to be famous and be on the show. Those two things don't have to be mutually exclusive. 

2 hours ago, Heathrowe said:

the clip they showed of Young Shep and Young Madison (how did they get that??)

I would guess from the cutting room floor of Southern Charm Season 1 or Season 2. These people do a lot of filming of parties in houses/bars/etc., that don't end up on the actual show. 

• Love 1

The 'video' girls were not cute at all.  

I apologize if I missed someone already posting this (because I thought it would be said by many).  Was I the only one who thought Austen's video girls were strippers or hookers?  But like they were straight from central casting!  The one walked in, looking around, absolutely smacking her gum....it was so cliche it had to be a joke!  "Low rent prostitute invited to classy uptown party".  I expected them to talk in some 1940's dialect......"yeah, yeah, yeah, where's the champainyah?  This is sooooo classssyyyy"!  

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, Kiki620 said:

I apologize if I missed someone already posting this (because I thought it would be said by many).  Was I the only one who thought Austen's video girls were strippers or hookers?  But like they were straight from central casting!  The one walked in, looking around, absolutely smacking her gum....it was so cliche it had to be a joke!  "Low rent prostitute invited to classy uptown party".  I expected them to talk in some 1940's dialect......"yeah, yeah, yeah, where's the champainyah?  This is sooooo classssyyyy"!  

Yes! The fake fur and animal print dress...they reminded me of the bad townie girls in the movie Shag! 

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

But, but...Shep said he's known the brunette one for three years and they have been hanging out here and there.

That Shep - what can we say?! So high class, that one.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Heathrowe said:

Yes! The fake fur and animal print dress...they reminded me of the bad townie girls in the movie Shag! 

OMG, shag! (What a sweet potato!) Agree that the "video" women did look like they came straight out of streetwalker central casting. And that moment where drunk shep started making out with one of them made me gag. Just ick. 

Best moment of the episode was Whitney saying, "I shred metal." I about died. He either said it ironically and nobody got the joke, which is hilarious, or he was dead serious, which is more hilarious. I will say he has looked the best this season that I have ever seen him look. 

• Love 9
On 8/18/2019 at 6:40 PM, Gam2 said:

Yeah, as Maya Angelou always said, when someone shows you who he is, believe him. Shep is showing us who he is. That makes me sad because he could be so much more and so much better as a person than he’s chosen to be. 

So true.  But, I also apply this saying to other cast members like Craig.  There seems to be a lot of support for Craig now and that's understandable when comparing him to this season's Shep, but, Craig has also displayed very troubling behavior on this show.  AND, he was quite pointed with his revelation to the therapist that HE is an accomplished liar.  This is a fact he prides himself in and I have not forgotten it.  I suspect he still uses it for his benefit.  I also suspect that he cares for himself too much to really be put out over another person like Naomi.  Some people can't stand it when they can't control someone.  

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

So true.  But, I also apply this saying to other cast members like Craig.  There seems to be a lot of support for Craig now and that's understandable when comparing him to this season's Shep, but, Craig has also displayed very troubling behavior on this show.  AND, he was quite pointed with his revelation to the therapist that HE is an accomplished liar.  This is a fact he prides himself in and I have not forgotten it.  I suspect he still uses it for his benefit.  I also suspect that he cares for himself too much to really be put out over another person like Naomi.  Some people can't stand it when they can't control someone.  

Oh, agreed about Craig 100%. He can be entertaining - like buffoons tend to be - but I think he's super troubled. I think he's probably a better soul than Shep, but that's a pretty low bar. When the Bravo fame and his boyish prettiness are gone, Craig is going to be one lost dude, still talking about how nobody can be expected to sew 10 pillows a week...

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Craig is no more a gentleman than the others. He simply understands how to work the camera. Consoling and defending a victim is part of his schtick - always has been.

Cam's fawning over Metul was stupid, but I don't think it bothered anybody. Everyone understood she was playing to the camera. The editors tried to make it seem otherwise.

Katherine's D-list country singer is probably using her for media exposure.

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Craig is no more a gentleman than the others. He simply understands how to work the camera. Consoling and defending a victim is part of his schtick - always has been.

Cam's fawning over Metul was stupid, but I don't think it bothered anybody. Everyone understood she was playing to the camera. The editors tried to make it seem otherwise.

Interesting points. REF. the boldface:  Some narcissists like to appear to be kind, considerate and thoughtful, but, in fact they are not. It  is a ruse to garner admiration (which they crave) and to gain control, thus, enabling them to manipulate others.  Manipulation is huge with them and they get very upset if they can't do it.  THAT is why they seem to be hurt by the end of a relationship. No one left to treat poorly.   JMO. I'm no professional.  lol  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I read somewhere that he's a TV singing contest winner so...not exactly a high level Nashville musician, but hey, the poor schmuck better use a condom or he's going to find himself forever tied to Miss Fertile Myrtle herself.

• LOL 4
6 minutes ago, gingerella said:

I read somewhere that he's a TV singing contest winner so...not exactly a high level Nashville musician, but hey, the poor schmuck better use a condom or he's going to find himself forever tied to Miss Fertile Myrtle herself.

No not winner but he did compete so IDK, he seems an O.K. guy and as far as I know they're still together now so who knows.  Even if it's just a fling let her have some fun.

• Love 7
On 8/18/2019 at 11:11 AM, albarino said:

He's not going anywhere. It took a freaking criminal charge to get Thomas off the show! As many people there are that really dislike Shep right now.. there's probably just as many, if not more that still want to get into his pants. 

On 8/18/2019 at 3:30 PM, jaybird2 said:

te

The turn seemed to happen when Austin joined the show and they starting fighting over girls and Shep felt threatened.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

He's not going anywhere. It took a freaking criminal charge to get Thomas off the show! As many people there are that really dislike Shep right now.. there's probably just as many, if not more that still want to get into his pants. 

The turn seemed to happen when Austin joined the show and they starting fighting over girls and Shep felt threatened.

you could be right.  whatever it is it's not nice to see.

• Love 4

Another misrepresentation.  Mis Patricia certainly doesn't live South of Broad as mentioned by Cameron.  Know it for a fact, because I live there.  She is in a different neighborhood.

Edited by cameron
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2

I swear I saw the tiniest smirk when Whitney said he “shreds metal”. He gets the joke. I’ve always liked Whitney’s “metal” guitar playing, no I really have! Even Renob. 😄

Agree a hundred percent that Craig has serious issues and narcissism seems to fit him (pathological liar as well. That should make women flee in the other direction! 😮 ), as well as Shep-in different ways. They are also both big-time alcoholics. 

Shep says Madison is beneath him but...the porn star/stripper from Austen’s fabricated threesome isn’t?? Huh. Maybe that’s where he got his chlamydia from originally.....

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Sage47 said:

swear I saw the tiniest smirk when Whitney said he “shreds metal”. He gets the joke. I’ve always liked Whitney’s “metal” guitar playing, no I really have!

Yeah I totally thought that was a joke.

• Love 1

Just noticing now upon re-watching (totally shallow note): for having their salon team come to them at Kathryn's, all the women had sort of un-spectacular if not jacked up looking hair. I could've done that for them (mind you I've had lots of practice & attended cosmetology school but don't practice it). Danni in particular looks like she has hair that dried in place after having walked out of the shower. Cameron's hair is naturally curly and not dis similar to the look the team gave her if she had just left it be on its own with some product in it. Otherwise, Naomi had the same ponytail as usual (which maybe she does on her own since it's so consistent). Chelsea had some waves and Kathryn had the same. Like waves that fell down a bit. Maybe I'm just over thinking it now. Been a long day.

• Love 2
On 8/20/2019 at 2:51 PM, Dmarie019 said:

I believe you are correct about when Austin joined the show.   He was such a wimp, I never expected him to be back, but lo and behold, he was.   

• Love 3
On 8/20/2019 at 11:51 AM, Dmarie019 said:

Yes! Shep acts like the lead pack dog, only he is allowed to hump/mate with any females, all other males must be subservient to him. My god, his parents raised a total misogynist pig asshole for a son. They must be so proud!

• Love 3