Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
KungFuBunny

S14.E02: (Not So Happy) Housewarming

Recommended Posts

On 8/14/2019 at 9:34 AM, Carolina Girl said:

Honest to God, I thought her next remark would be "I've come home to Tara!"

Actually, it was 12 Oaks which had dual staircases. But Scarlett did want to be the Mistress of 12 Oaks, and both Tamra and Scarlett are despicable narcissists. 

  • Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

On 8/13/2019 at 7:24 PM, rustyspigot said:

So whose birthday was it at Emily's? The one kid? The inlaws? That whole scene was weird. Shane can stay at "The Library"

http://thelibrarygc.com/ 

😂😉

Edited by Ginger
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

Watching this show, I really believe that Gina thought by her happy divorce nonsense and having sex with her husband during the divorce process, that he would come back to her with open arms realizing the prize he was about to throw out.  Since that didn't happen, she's now a complete wreck.  Normally I would fee sorry for anyone suffering this type of heartache but she was so obnoxious with how her divorce was going to be different that I'm enjoying her not having a happy divorce.  

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, psychoticstate said:

Exactly what does Braunwyn's husband do to support her, seven kids, two nannies, a housekeeper, a main OC residence and an Irvine love shack?  

So Shane can't even come home for a birthday celebration for his own parents?  What a dick.  Emily, I'd be making sure he is actually studying for the Bar because I'm wondering if he's (somehow) got a side piece.  

Still can't stand Tamra.  Eddie isn't wrong that they have to live with their neighbors and it's probably not smart to invite them to a  party with the Hos.  

Gina looks atrocious in her intro.

Vicki is still Vicki but Kelly was totally wrong to send that pig emoji or whatever via text.   Jolie is 100 times more mature and intelligent than her mother.  

Sean is the president and founder of

https://www.channelstars.com/

I didn't quite understand Braunwyn's reasoning for them moving to CA - she mentioned the kids and high school - are any of them in a specialized school they couldn't find in Miami?

If Shane has a side piece - I guess he found another future wife on GoogleChat

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/14/2019 at 3:09 PM, islandgal140 said:

Seriously, I wanted an update on Eddie's health. I'd rather her that than hear Tamrat recount who is mad with whom over what. 

YES!!! I was waiting for her to update us about Eddie's heart. It was as if nothing ever happened. 

30 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Watching this show, I really believe that Gina thought by her happy divorce nonsense and having sex with her husband during the divorce process, that he would come back to her with open arms realizing the prize he was about to throw out.  Since that didn't happen, she's now a complete wreck.  Normally I would fee sorry for anyone suffering this type of heartache but she was so obnoxious with how her divorce was going to be different that I'm enjoying her not having a happy divorce.  

This is exactly what I think happened. She thought she was being the "cool girl". It didn't bother her. She's so chill. Who WOULDN'T want a girl like that????

And then it all came crashing down. But she was really rude and haughty, IMO, to Shannon; about HER divorce. So I have little empathy for ol Gina. 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Claire Voyant said:

Sorry for double post above.  I'm computer illiterate. 

I’m computer illiterate myself… But at least you have your clairvoyance going for you!🤣

i can’t even get ESPN on my TV!!!

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

39 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Sean is the president and founder of

https://www.channelstars.com/

I didn't quite understand Braunwyn's reasoning for them moving to CA - she mentioned the kids and high school - are any of them in a specialized school they couldn't find in Miami?

If Shane has a side piece - I guess he found another future wife on GoogleChat

I didn’t get the logic of the move either. Maybe it was to get in-state tuition for the UC system? I think 1 year is the residency requirement. 

Also, I don’t really mind Gina or Emily. I don’t like them exactly, but I don’t hate them more then anyone else. Did they do something last season to earn all the hate? I checked out about half way through last season out of boredom. 

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Shellbell59 said:

I’m late again...and didn’t catch the part of the thread discussing skin products.

 It’s interesting I had to have a surgery with Dr. Dubrow back in the middle of May ( I had fallen against a wall after slipping when we had a flood in out kitchen...which slammed an old ‘93 silicone implant (under muscle and used for reconstruction procedure)...it tore under muscle and implant ended up resting on my clavicle 🤢😓.

At any rate...since I’m relatively close...I went down to Dubrow...

I asked about their skin line on one of my follow up appointments..they don’t carry it in office...and I’ve only seen in on that site Evine..? Is that it? I thought that was odd... but it supports the fact that it’s a very difficult and highly competitive market… No doubt 

BTW ...he did EXCELLENT JOB...

although I ended up having to stay for 3 weeks vs 1 week...because once he got in the implant had ruptured due to excessive bleeding 500+ cc which was irrigated and suctioned ...but drains took that much time to remove enough fluid daily to get me down to 30cc that can naturally be absorbed by body.

Sorry to get off on a tangent but since it is an OC thread...and Ive never mentioned this...I thought someone might be interested to know that Terry Dubrow IS as good as seen on “Botched”... because I was most def BOTCHED!!! 😖

 BTW... for anybody that might be familiar… John Hill… who joins Andy C on radio Andy…doing world the news as Helvetica ...

well Helvetica did a “Thank you cameo” message for Dubrow.

Dubrows know John Hill...

It is hilarious 😆...one might still be able to view it on cameo site.

(I just checked cameo Helvetica...and yes it’s still there...if you scroll back to May 21st.. says “created for Shelli” for “Maryam and staff”.

Supercool. I’ve always liked Terry Dubrow.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/14/2019 at 9:57 AM, AuntieDiane6 said:

None.  Girls go on The Pill at 15 for several reasons:  1) to regulate their periods (especially if they're in sports)  2) for acne  3) for birth control.  

As for the Kelly drama, everyone would have forgotten it by now IF KELLY WOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT IT.

It’s funny.  Years ago when Broadway was a Prarie, when the period came, it came, we used Clearasil for acne, and for birth control, we just didn’t have sex until marriage or else we would have been thrown out of the house.  Oh, and for cramps, we took Midol and a heating pad.  How times have changed. Lol.

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

It’s funny.  Years ago when Broadway was a Prarie, when the period came, it came, we used Clearasil for acne, and for birth control, we just didn’t have sex until marriage or else we would have been thrown out of the house.  Oh, and for cramps, we took Midol and a heating pad.  How times have changed. Lol.

I wish life really was that magical way back when. We love to romanticize the past.  but even then teens were having sex it’s not something those darn kids today suddenly invented. 🙂 and at least now birth control is available instead of “going away” and coming back with a new “brother” or “sister” when your mother never showed at all 🙂 

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post

Shane has upped his assholeness this season and it's only episode 2.

The pig video was definitely a low blow but given the way Vicki has treated people and the things she has carelessly said about people, I don't understand why she still thinks anyone owes her anything. She conveniently draws the line of how women treat women just so she can pretend she's about female empowerment. Nope, still can't feel sorry for you. Someone calling you fat...you can lose the weight and make them eat crow. Accusing people of things that are damaging to their reputation and especially when they have shared custody of their child, that's not something that can be as easily rectified. Vicki trying to make it seem like calling her fat is somehow FAR worse than what she did...bitch, no. Though don't get me wrong, Kelly is still horrible with the way she always hits below the belt when she's angry. She should really get some lessons from her daughter on how to be an adult in situations.

I really like Tamra's house. I often don't like much about her, so figured this is a good time to throw in something nice to say.

Of course Vicki walked right past the new girl but had no issue with acknowledging her husband (also I don't know how to spell her name so new girl is just gonna be B to me).

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Braunwyn and hubbie left their son (14 y/0) in charge of five children, including himself, and at least one toddler and a baby?  Oh but the nanny will be there “soon”.  

  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Braunwyn and hubbie left their son (14 y/0) in charge of five children, including himself, and at least one toddler and a baby?  Oh but the nanny will be there “soon”.  

Is that odd? I don’t have kids so I really don’t know. I remember being left in charge of my younger siblings and cousins all the time at that age. Younger too. This would have been the late 1980s/early 1990s and I do feel like it’s less common now. Is 14 too young to babysit?

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

This is exactly what I think happened. She thought she was being the "cool girl". It didn't bother her. She's so chill. Who WOULDN'T want a girl like that????

And then it all came crashing down. But she was really rude and haughty, IMO, to Shannon; about HER divorce. So I have little empathy for ol Gina. 

Exactly.  I would normally feel so sorry for her but she was so smug with Shannon that she gets what she gets.  

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

I am sure someone has mentioned this so I am just trying to catch up, but Mexican food guy will never ever ever get old. 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

Exactly.  I would normally feel so sorry for her but she was so smug with Shannon that she gets what she gets.  

Play stupid games, get stupid prizes.

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

I didn’t get the logic of the move either. Maybe it was to get in-state tuition for the UC system? I think 1 year is the residency requirement. 

Also, I don’t really mind Gina or Emily. I don’t like them exactly, but I don’t hate them more then anyone else. Did they do something last season to earn all the hate? I checked out about half way through last season out of boredom. 

Great question with regard to Gina and Emily...

Did they do something to earn all the hate?...no.... but I will say (head bowing..AGAIN...in shame)

they didn’t bring enough drama or interest to “Love”...or “love to hate”...and that was what Kelly Dodd did that gave her a little staying power...

did i  Like Dodd? NO...did I LOVE Dodd Heellll NO...but have to admit (without even knowing) I LOVED to “hate” her!!! 😬🤷‍♀️

Edited by Shellbell59
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

It’s funny.  Years ago when Broadway was a Prarie, when the period came, it came, we used Clearasil for acne, and for birth control, we just didn’t have sex until marriage or else we would have been thrown out of the house.  Oh, and for cramps, we took Midol and a heating pad.  How times have changed. Lol.

👍👍👍👍I love your post! I recognize!!!!

i ALSO used Clearasil for acne and birth control!!!!😉

when I ran out of Clearasil...acne was so bad...nobody even TRIED to hit it...as it were... yeah 60’s 70’s hahaha...the good ol’ days!

Right on Gem10!!! Thanks for the memories 👏👏That was boss!

i love old references 😆👍 

Edited by Shellbell59 · Reason: Lol forgot to press “save” after correcting predictive test!! Oops
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, Shellbell59 said:

👍👍👍👍I love your post! I recognize!!!!

i ALSO used Clearasil for acne and birth control!!!!😉

when I ran out of Clearasil...acne was so bad...nobody even TRIED to hit it...as it were... yeah 60’s 70’s hahaha...the good ol’ days!

Right on Gem10!!! Thanks for the memories 👏👏That was boss!

i love old references 😆👍 

The most important thing, you “ made out” with the boyfriend in the car all night long.  It was called parking n sparking and it was better than anything. Did that for two yrs before we got married.  Amazing. I could go on and on.  Best yrs of my life.  Listen to “Stingray” music on t.v. Or car radio.  All 60’s music.  The best.  Brings u back. 😍

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

The most important thing, you “ made out” with the boyfriend in the car all night long.  It was called parking n sparking and it was better than anything. Did that for two yrs before we got married.  Amazing. I could go on and on.  Best yrs of my life.  Listen to “Stingray” music on t.v. Or car radio.  All 60’s music.  The best.  Brings u back. 😍

Oh my gawd...I LOVE THAT STORY...I’m gonna cry! 

I know I’m emotional at the moment and kinda stuck in place...so the threads have been a distraction...

Thats the greatest...and I TOTALLY AGREE 60’s 70’s music brings it all back!

i remember before we could get FM...listening to AM...

kFrC!!!....topic of the hill...Daly City in SF...all hits..ALL the time!...top 40...all the time!!! ..and Casey givin’ us the “count down”!!

yes sister!!! Love your darling story ☺️

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Another KFRC groupie. Granted, I was just a little kid and look over Dr. Don Rose, but damn, I heard (the adridged) Stairway to Heaven first on that channel. It wasn't long before I found out how they cut out the jam. 😠 It was FM  for me from then going forward. I was about 7. 😁

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

Is that odd? I don’t have kids so I really don’t know. I remember being left in charge of my younger siblings and cousins all the time at that age. Younger too. This would have been the late 1980s/early 1990s and I do feel like it’s less common now. Is 14 too young to babysit?

I think it probably is less common now, but 14 is definitely not too young to babysit. It’s a lot of little kids (plus baby) to handle though for a 14 year old for a night, I’m not sure if I would be comfortable with it.

Edited by DeeplyShallow
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

My favorite part about Shane blowing off the party for HIS family is that Emily seemed to be the only one who cared.

His own family was like, eh, whatever.....

Edited by bosawks
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I wish life really was that magical way back when. We love to romanticize the past.  but even then teens were having sex it’s not something those darn kids today suddenly invented. 🙂 and at least now birth control is available instead of “going away” and coming back with a new “brother” or “sister” when your mother never showed at all 🙂 

I am 64. My "mom" had "lost" my birth certificate and had died before I sent to the state for a copy. Which was not on file. Long, long story shot, I was looking under the wrong last name. My much older "half sister" was actually my biological mother, my "mom" was my grandmother. And yes, I learned this type of deception was not rare.

  • Like 10
  • Surprise 11

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, bosawks said:

My favorite part about Shane blowing off the party for HIS family is that Emily seemed to be the only one who cared.

His own family was like, eh, whatever.....

Isn’t Shane staying with his parents? They would have had a party independent of Emily.

They will be divorced before this season is up. Kiss of death, because the only interesting things about Emily are her mother in law, and her little bitch husband.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, bosawks said:

My favorite part about Shane blowing off the party for HIS family is that Emily seemed to be the only one who cared.

His own family was like, eh, whatever.....

I get the feeling that he does not approve of, nor wants anything to do with the show.  That's a good thing, considering he, so far, hasn't presented himself in a good light and is very much disliked. His mother, however, appears to enjoy being on the show. A lot.

I feel bad for Emily. I get the impression studying for the exam is not the only reason he's not living at home. Maybe to avoid the cameras, but I think there's more going on (or not) in their marriage. She seems very stressed and sad that he's not with her.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

I didn't have sex till i was 18 and in love ( yes I'm super cheesy like that) but I would never judge someone for having sex whenever they decided they were ready... sex is a perfectly normal thing that EVERYONE does ( its not good to demonize it and make sex seem like a dirty bad thing that will be carried on with them through their whole life and need a hell of a lot of therapy to resolve ) At least inform your children of the dangers and risk of having sex and pregnancy and STI/STD's.. An informed person is a prepaid person. It doesn't help to stick your head in the sand and say NO don't have sex and think they will listen.... There is a reason Abstinence only programs never work and teen pregnancy's and sexually transmitted diseases spike with these programs...SO no no one wants their teen to be sexually active but again its better to be prepared and honest with them so if they do have questions they will come to you and not hide it and end up pregnant or worse

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I get the feeling that he does not approve of, nor wants anything to do with the show.  That's a good thing, considering he, so far, hasn't presented himself in a good light and is very much disliked. His mother, however, appears to enjoy being on the show. A lot.

I feel bad for Emily. I get the impression studying for the exam is not the only reason he's not living at home. Maybe to avoid the cameras, but I think there's more going on (or not) in their marriage. She seems very stressed and sad that he's not with her.

I don’t exactly get their marriage. Did she marry him for money? Did he marry her just to get a wife and kids? That part isn’t so confusing. They wouldn’t be the 1st OC marriage based on transactional convenience  (Jenna and Matt. Tamara and Simon. I’m looking at you). I’m just confused about why they’re so bad at it. Did Emily think they were in love? And if so, why? If the marriage is for show, why is Shane so fucking bad at putting on a good face? Why can’t he pass the Bar? I know it’s a very hard test (especially in CA), but seriously? This guy has money and resources to help him. Is he even trying? Is it just an excuse not to be at home? They have a weird, tension filled home. 

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Like 10
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

25 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I didn't have sex till i was 18 and in love ( yes I'm super cheesy like that) but I would never judge someone for having sex whenever they decided they were ready... sex is a perfectly normal thing that EVERYONE does ( its not good to demonize it and make sex seem like a dirty bad thing that will be carried on with them through their whole life and need a hell of a lot of therapy to resolve ) At least inform your children of the dangers and risk of having sex and pregnancy and STI/STD's.. An informed person is a prepaid person. It doesn't help to stick your head in the sand and say NO don't have sex and think they will listen.... There is a reason Abstinence only programs never work and teen pregnancy's and sexually transmitted diseases spike with these programs...SO no no one wants their teen to be sexually active but again its better to be prepared and honest with them so if they do have questions they will come to you and not hide it and end up pregnant or worse

I know this is way off topic, but I agree.  I am almost 51 and lost my virginity at 16.  There was no way I was going to take the chance that my teenage daughter (who would be your classic "daddy issues" after losing her dad to cancer when she was 14) would be careful.  So I had a birth control implant that last 3 years inserted in her arm.  Although I felt like I was giving her a license to have sex, I also knew if I didn't and she was pregnant at 16 I wouldn't let the pregnancy continue and that would've been a whole nother terrible moral dilemma.  I chose not to pretend that my daughter will be virtuous.  Or careful.  It's the best decision I ever made based on the fact that she has several classmates that now are moms in their teens.

Edited by sasha206
  • Like 13
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

I get the feeling that he does not approve of, nor wants anything to do with the show.  That's a good thing, considering he, so far, hasn't presented himself in a good light and is very much disliked. His mother, however, appears to enjoy being on the show. A lot.

I feel bad for Emily. I get the impression studying for the exam is not the only reason he's not living at home. Maybe to avoid the cameras, but I think there's more going on (or not) in their marriage. She seems very stressed and sad that he's not with her.

I don't get that feeling.   Last season he was on quite a bit and seemed to enjoy it.  If he didn't want anything to do with the show, there are plenty of other RHO husbands that have nothing to do with the show.  

He has always pinged my gaydar and his parents are Mormon right?  I think Emily is his beard (not sure if she knows it).  Maybe he's tired of the charade of a marriage?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I don't get that feeling.   Last season he was on quite a bit and seemed to enjoy it.  If he didn't want anything to do with the show, there are plenty of other RHO husbands that have nothing to do with the show.  

He has always pinged my gaydar and his parents are Mormon right?  I think Emily is his beard (not sure if she knows it).  Maybe he's tired of the charade of a marriage?

I didn't get the same gaydar ping-unlike baby machine's hubby which pinged like a brass band-but you may be spot on. It does make sense. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

I think it probably is less common now, but 14 is definitely not too young to babysit. It’s a lot of little kids (plus baby) to handle though for a 14 year old for a night, I’m not sure if I would be comfortable with it.

She said the nanny was on her way, given that we didn’t even see the kids I don’t know why she would have mentioned it if it wasn’t true.

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

I didn’t get the logic of the move either. Maybe it was to get in-state tuition for the UC system? I think 1 year is the residency requirement. 

Also, I don’t really mind Gina or Emily. I don’t like them exactly, but I don’t hate them more then anyone else. Did they do something last season to earn all the hate? I checked out about half way through last season out of boredom. 

2 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

I don’t exactly get their marriage. Did she marry him for money? Did he marry her just to get a wife and kids? That part isn’t so confusing. They wouldn’t be the 1st OC marriage based on transactional convenience  (Jenna and Matt. Tamara and Simon. I’m looking at you). I’m just confused about why they’re so bad at it. Did Emily think they were in love? And if so, why? If the marriage is for show, why is Shane so fucking bad at putting on a good face? Why can’t he pass the Bar? I know it’s a very hard test (especially in CA), but seriously? This guy has money and resources to help him. Is he even trying? Is it just an excuse not to be at home? They have a weird, tension filled home. 

I find Gina obnoxious and fake. Last season, she seemed to revel in gas lighting Shannon - even at the reunion. This episode they showed some texts regarding Gina's DUI. I saw that she was arrested at 3:34 AM - Hah that was some late night MOMMY event she went to.

Emily - I like her. I feel bad for her. At the same time - Emily went into her marriage with her eyes wide open. She worked with Shane and knew him before they married. He was married before, had children. This was no love at first sight romance, he did NOT sweep her off her feet. To me, she settled because she wanted kids. I do wonder if she had any clue about her issues before she hooked up with Shane. Her problem wasn't getting pregnant - it was carrying the fetus full term. She may have decided to marry him because he had access to family money to pay for IVF/surrogate.

There are also things I don't like that Emily has done. I didn't like the way she spoke of her mother on camera about her mental health issues. I don't like how she implied that Shannon was mentally ill - I think she jumped on the bandwagon with Gina to gaslight Shannon. This episode, she seemed to imply how hard it was to plan this dinner for her in-laws - she hired 2 chefs and her friend made the cake - so I don't get that and I seem to recall Emily bragging that besides being a practicing lawyer she was also an event planner?

I do think there is some health issue Emily is going through now besides the marriage issues. She seems so lethargic and she grimaces like she's in pain. I've said before she looks swollen - inflamed

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

If someone accused me of doing cocaine everyone that knows me would laugh. With Kelly it is fairly believable, and her overblown reaction almost confirms the rumor. However- Vicki is a bitch for stooping that low. 

I liked Emily last season, but now I only have pity for her. Anyone that allows their husband to treat them so terribly must have major self esteem issues. 

Not sure why Gina was brought back this season....😴😴😴😴

Tamra and Eddie’s house is gorgeous- love me some house porn!! 

Shannon looks great but her personality seems different. I’m a bit disappointed she is willing to make exceptions to her “natural healthy lifestyle “ for the sake of vanity. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, politichick said:

Gina is dreadful but needs this job more than anyone and ever. now that her abusive husband is unemployed. And because of her participation in this show, the whole world knows about the incident and bitter divorce so it could be extremely difficult for him to get a new job in his field. He's probably feeling pretty bitter about now. She probably has zero job skills.

No one is going to hire him now.  I usually take a hard stance that people should never lose a job because of something they said or did in their "private" lives, but I think abuse changes the situation.  Wonder how much he was making before he was canned.

No one should be on the show because they need it - that should be a red flag.  The producers probably thought that she had some good "drama" but no one wants to watch a divorce with arrests, excess drinking and abuse!

21 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Sean is the president and founder of

https://www.channelstars.com/

What a weird name for a consulting company.. just having the word "stars" makes it sound so cheesy!  It sounds like the name of a children's talent agency.

21 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Normally I would fee sorry for anyone suffering this type of heartache but she was so obnoxious with how her divorce was going to be different that I'm enjoying her not having a happy divorce.  

20 hours ago, ghoulina said:

YES!!! I was waiting for her to update us about Eddie's heart. It was as if nothing ever happened. 

This is exactly what I think happened. She thought she was being the "cool girl". It didn't bother her. She's so chill. Who WOULDN'T want a girl like that????

I don't care about Eddie, he's an asshole.  When he was asking Tamra why she is letting Shannon "off the hook" or whatever - wtf is he talking about?  SHE was the one throwing Shannon under the bus all last season, trying to get people against her.  Shannon is kind to even speak to her again.

Yeah Gina thought she would be the "cool girl" and make everyone else feel bad about their relationship and divorce.  They just aren't as COOL as she is - having sex with Matt, staying BEST FRIENDS!  Why can't ALL divorces be this way???  (eyeroll)  She is so awful.

42 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Tamra and Eddie’s house is gorgeous- love me some house porn!!

Can't wait to see it on the auction block when she is fired and they can't afford it anymore.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, chlban said:

I didn't get the same gaydar ping-unlike baby machine's hubby which pinged like a brass band-but you may be spot on. It does make sense. 

Ha, first episode I talked about how baby machine's hubby also pinged my gaydar!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I'm late to the party, and once again, I haven't caught up on all the posts, but I once again have to expel my negative energy about these women to you all because everyone is saying what I'm thinking!

Gina?  What we have here is a comeuppance.  That is, when you were driving us all crazy last season, saying you're getting divorced on paper, but Matt's still your best friend and he comes by for a shag and nothing is different?  All of us who were having strokes about your insincerity, naïveté, and stupidity?  We're all laughing our asses off.  At all of it.  There is not one thing I have seen or heard about Gina's story where I have been like, "well, now, that's just a shame."  No, I'm a horrible person and I'm over here eating popcorn.

Kelly?  Why didn't you address the 2/3s of the social media message that called your daughter out on shit that you perpetuated you dumb, ugly sock puppet?  Your voice sounds like monkeys screeching through the trees to each other that a predator is approaching.  Jolie--go live with Michael!

Tamra is just a disgusting person.  She is stupid and she has no passion or interest outside of stirring shit between people.  You'd think that would make for great reality TV, but it's so lather, rinse, repeat at this point that Tamra and her fucked up family need to go.

I am going to go a little left on the Emily topic, and feel free to chuck oranges at my head, but...I'm on Shane's side.  I took two bars (passed both), and I only say this because it's relevant--you need complete fucking solitude in order to study and pass.  You need whatever you need.  It's so intense that right before my class graduated, our dean stood at the front of a lecture hall and told us that if we were smokers, we should not try to stop smoking while we studied for the bar.  I have not heard a person advise smoking in their professional capacity before or since.  All this to say, Emily, if you want Shane to pass the bar, leave him the fuck alone.  I could not believe they were trying to FaceTime him while he was studying, and he was actually a lot calmer than he had to be.  I don't care if it's his parents' birthday, because birthdays don't have to be celebrated by your adult children.  It ain't Christmas.  He could have taken them out to a very nice belated birthday dinner after the bar exam.  I'm sure if Emily didn't need to film something so desperately, Shane's parents would have been happy to say that Shane wasn't around for this birthday because he was studying for the California bar in February, the month during which the bar is given.  Shit, I was the maid of honor in my sister's wedding in February just before I took the New York bar, and I only took half a day off from studying to do that.  So Emily and her disgusting habits with her children can bite me.

I too find myself in that weird vortex where Shannon has suddenly become my favorite.  I mean...I am on the side of a woman who spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to have wires ripped out of the inside of her walls to be replaced with crystals.  A woman who went on international television to explain to a healthcare professional that it wasn't her behavior that caused her to gain 40 lbs; it was Vicki Gunvalson who put the weight on her.  Yes, Shannon, I am your bitch now, somehow.  And I'd let the girl go to the dance in the short dress too.  Go for it if while you still can.

The beauty of Vicki not being a part of the cast is that I don't have to address her! But saying hi to everyone in the group except to ignore Braunwynn?  Tsk, tsk. Not nice.

Braunwynn is even less of a factor than Vicki for me at this point.  I think, by casting her, the producers were skewing very, very old school Real Houswives of Orange County, like before Tamra was on (yes, Andy, as much as you try to make it seem like Tamra has been around since the beginning, she only joined midway through season three).  BW even looks like an old school OC throwback--like Kim Bryant or Laurie--and she acts like one.  Not very shrill or temperamental.  Just a blonde with money and a family who lives in Orange County.  Whatever.  Somehow Braunwynn is now my second-fave?  

Oh my stars.

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/15/2019 at 10:18 AM, Mr. Minor said:

Helvetica is very funny! I think John Hill is Andy's ex-boyfriend.

Andy probably has more "ex-boyfriends" than "real" housewives have botox. Never heard of John Hill. Going to Google him to see Andy's taste in men. 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I didn't have sex till i was 18 and in love ( yes I'm super cheesy like that) but I would never judge someone for having sex whenever they decided they were ready... sex is a perfectly normal thing that EVERYONE does ( its not good to demonize it and make sex seem like a dirty bad thing that will be carried on with them through their whole life and need a hell of a lot of therapy to resolve ) At least inform your children of the dangers and risk of having sex and pregnancy and STI/STD's.. An informed person is a prepaid person. It doesn't help to stick your head in the sand and say NO don't have sex and think they will listen.... There is a reason Abstinence only programs never work and teen pregnancy's and sexually transmitted diseases spike with these programs...SO no no one wants their teen to be sexually active but again its better to be prepared and honest with them so if they do have questions they will come to you and not hide it and end up pregnant or worse

While I agree with the spirit of what you're saying--sex between consenting adults is not "dirty" at all--the data that I've read from the Alan Guttmacher Institute show that teen pregnancy and gonhorrea increased substantially in the 15 years from the time sex education became widespread in the schools. So, with that data in mind, I understand why Shannon hesitates with her teenage daughters.

What I think might be a good compromise for Shannon is to teach her kids about sex, but if she only wants abstinence under her roof, maybe they would have to go over to the doctor themselves and get it, so that she's not sending a mixed message.  

If any of the three get pregnant, I bet it wouldn't be Sophie.  Isn't Adeline a little hellion?  Wasn't she sneaking out of the house?  

I think Ryan was the only "kid" on this show to have a child out of wedlock.  The elder Curtain daughter didn't have her baby until after she was off the show, but I think even Stevie Wonder saw that coming.

Edited because I just thought of something:  If Shannon is teaching her daughters abstinence until marriage, does that go for Shannon too, until she gets re-married?

Edited by LibertarianSlut · Reason: New thought
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

I can’t believe I still watch this show. But I’ve been watching since Day 1, so I can’t stop now. 

Wanted to make two quick comments: 

- Gina talking about dating and texting with “older” men who use “words like ‘respite’” made me cringe. I am about her age, and she is so immature. Being youngest in these group of hens doesn’t help, but she needs to grow up. I get the sense she feels like she traded her youth for her kids and failed marriage, and now has buried her heels into being young and cool. Too late. 

She also should absolutely NOT be dating at this time. She is in a fragile state and I could see her being a nightmare date scenario where she drinks too much, has a spectacular emotional breakdown, and leaves her poor date gobsmacked, annoyed they wasted time and money on the date, and looking for a...respite. 

- As a gay man, Shane 10000% pings my gaydar. Baby machine’s husband does not, but I could see why he does for others. He seems like a big dork and he has that South OC accent that makes lots of guys sound feminine. My 2 cents. 

  • Like 9
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

BW even looks like an old school OC throwback--like Kim Bryant or Laurie--and she acts like one.  Not very shrill or temperamental.  Just a blonde with money and a family who lives in Orange County.  Whatever.  Somehow Braunwynn is now my second-fave?  

YESSSSSSSS!  Thank you I have been dying to figure out who she reminds me of - Kimberly Bryant from the 1st season!!!  Remember her swinging her hair around on the dance floor??  She also said something like, "my husband would be more upset with me for dancing with a Puerto Rican than a midget!"  I may be getting that quote wrong, but it was something HORRIBLE like that.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, HelloOutThere said:

I can’t believe I still watch this show. But I’ve been watching since Day 1, so I can’t stop now. 

Wanted to make two quick comments: 

- Gina talking about dating and texting with “older” men who use “words like ‘respite’” made me cringe. I am about her age, and she is so immature. Being youngest in these group of hens doesn’t help, but she needs to grow up. I get the sense she feels like she traded her youth for her kids and failed marriage, and now has buried her heels into being young and cool. Too late. 

She also should absolutely NOT be dating at this time. She is in a fragile state and I could see her being a nightmare date scenario where she drinks too much, has a spectacular emotional breakdown, and leaves her poor date gobsmacked, annoyed they wasted time and money on the date, and looking for a...respite. 

- As a gay man, Shane 10000% pings my gaydar. Baby machine’s husband does not, but I could see why he does for others. He seems like a big dork and he has that South OC accent that makes lots of guys sound feminine. My 2 cents. 

As, I said earlier, Shane did not ping my gaydar, but mine really isn't that accurate anyway-Eddie pinged big time and Tamra swears it isn't so. Now that it's out there, though, it explains so much about the marriage. I have worked for, and with, Mormons most of my life and the BIL of my former boss, a very nice man, ended up killing himself because he could not reconcile his religous belief's with his homosexuality. He left an exceptionally detailed letter. So, I totally get that while much progress has been made in the minds of the general public, in some religous circles, it is still huge. The question now is does Emily know? My guess is no.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

I am totally late to this party, but I have read all the comments, which makes me want to comment 🙄  First and foremost, I have no idea why Gina is even on this show.  She made a bad impression on me last season, and it hasn't improved this season at all.  I find her annoying AF. 

I didn't care much for Emily last season either, but I do feel bad for her now.  Shane is a little bitch, and it's hard to watch him break her heart. 

I have always hated Tamra.  She has the meanest eyes of anyone on this show.

Kelly seems like all she wants to do is make trouble for somebody. 

The new girl, I don't care enough to try and even spell her name, isn't exciting to me in any kind of way.  I thought her mom looked ridiculous and hard as she tries, will never reclaim her youth. 

Vicki is a non-factor at this point.  Steve is gross.

Which leaves me to Shannon, who is the real star of this show.  She got off her butt, took charge of her life, and turned it all around.  She looks great, and seems to feel great too.  I am really happy for Shannon, she is an inspiration, and I really like her girls.  She's the only reason I continue to watch this dreck, well, her and my strange addiction to Bravo.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/15/2019 at 1:48 PM, FozzyBear said:

Maybe it was to get in-state tuition for the UC system?

Could be.  Also, it's part of the UC charter that a high percentage of freshman admissions MUST graduate from a California high school (I seem to recall it's 75%).  If you want to enroll in one of the UC campuses, your chances improve if you graduated in California.   And as a Cal high school graduate, you have in-state residency.  The 18-month rule when I attended was for out of state residents that enroll in UC (or the California State University system).  By your junior year, you can apply for "in-state" tuition rates.  

It's really not unusual for a family that wants their kid to get into the UC System to send them to do their senior year in California.  One of the girls I went to Cal with did her Junior and Senior years living with her aunt and uncle in Visalia.  

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

When Shane is in a scene - even just his voice - my Douche-Dar is off the charts

cKWsi3O.jpg

Bunny observation:

At the dinner for the in-laws, Emily tries Facetiming Shane and he doesn't pick up. Was I the only one who thought it was strange for Emily's friend, the cake maker, who obviously has never met Perry goes off and calls Shane and reaches him when Emily had just called him and he didn't pick up?

  • Like 10
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size