Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: Baby, Come Back!

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

The real estate ladies had me rolling. As if they were trying to outdo each other. "Scream real loud!" "make sure you have a secret signal for you child so he'll know to hide in the closet!". It reminds me of my hotel days in Boston in the 70's-people from New York would always talk about how crimey NYC was; almost like they were bragging--"you'd never be able to wear that necklace in New York! Someone would rip it right off your neck!" "you could never wear a fur coat in New York City! You'd get mugged for sure!" Um, OK.

Saturday Night Live used to come on saying, "Live from NY, the most dangerous city in the world."  I don't think it was, even back then, but it was like a badge of honor, I'm a badass because THIS is where I fucking live.  Like having "street cred."

• Love 5

So Summit quits his job immediately after Jenny arrives because he feels he has to spend time with her, doesn't want to leave her alone because he looooooves her so much, then he leaves her for an undisclosed amount of time, tells her he doesn't know when he will be back because he has to go to his parents? And leaves her all alone! This guy is a freeloading POS. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Saturday Night Live used to come on saying, "Live from NY, the most dangerous city in the world."  I don't think it was, even back then, but it was like a badge of honor, I'm a badass because THIS is where I fucking live.  Like having "street cred."

Yes, that's what I meant. These statements were made with broad smiles and straightened backs and squared shoulders. They were proud of living in the mean streets of NYC. Um, OK guy. Have fun with that, was usually our bemused response. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Yes, that's what I meant. These statements were made with broad smiles and straightened backs and squared shoulders. They were proud of living in the mean streets of NYC. Um, OK guy. Have fun with that, was usually our bemused response. 

I think it's more like, "I can live here and YOU, you little weenie can't."  That's what those real estate ladies were talking like.  Like they're tough because they live in South Africa, but "You Americans are spoiled princesses who couldn't handle it."  

But shit, even when NYC did have a lot of crime it wasn't THAT bad.  I walked down the street at night many times as a teenager and never got kidnapped or sold into human trafficking. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
22 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I don't know if Sumit is gay, but I know he's hiding something.  I suspect a wife and children.  

It kind of upsets me that people think a man has to be gay if he's with an older/heavyset/or older heavyset black woman.  Like no man could EVER be attracted to someone who's not a tall thin blonde.  

I thought Sumit was gay the first time I saw him - and it's nothing to do with Jenny. I think that for him it would be impossible for him to be out and gay in his culture (even though homosexuality has recently been legalised in India, it's still  culturally unacceptable for many people). By choosing an older woman, he won't be expected to provide her with babies. His relationship with Jenny doesn't seem to be overtly sexual in the way we've seen from most of the relationships on this show involving an older woman and a younger man.  I think there's a genuine affection between them, but I'm certain he is not into her physically.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
40 minutes ago, Chellichik said:

I am most definitely NOT a Pole fan...but Kareeeneee is a bitch.  Does she do anything except insult him?  At least he looks like he is TRYING to make some money.  All she does is sit on her ass and complain.  I did laugh when he climbed into the small enclosure and it reminded me of the hugging machine which makes me think he has some kind of mental disability.  Regardless of everything, he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.  Karine will flip out if he goes back to the US to work in some kind of menial job for minimum wage, but it's better than what he is doing now.  I get that it's cheaper to be in Toncantin (?), but Pole doesn't have a prayer of making any money in that area.  Karine obviously speaks the language and seems to be healthy enough to work so...

In Kreeny's defense, accepting the fact that her husband refuses to learn the language of the country they're living in (although she has made efforts to learn English--we even saw her in an English class, iirc), I suspect moving back home to her parents where she knows she and her baby will have a roof over their heads and food to eat is a smart decision.   

I don't see how he is damned if he does, since he hasn't *done* anything.  He first of all needs to learn the language, and he's had several years in which to do that.  Afaik, he has made zero effort to learn Portuguese--"it's hard!!"--to which Kreeny rightly responded "so is English!"

He came back to the US to earn some money for them to live on, which he didn't.  We learned his job was as a part-time shit shoveler for a farmer.  He doesn't have the excuse that he doesn't speak the language.  We know it's hard for him to find a good job with his criminal record--so what was he doing looking for a wife in the first place, knowing he could not support a family, in the US or elsewhere?

There are programs in the US to help felons find work--I know because my uncle worked for the WV dept. of rehabilitation, which did exactly that--but Pole doesn't seem to have made any effort to get help in finding a job.  We know that there are employers--like the trash-hauling guy on Hoarders--who seek out ex-cons to give them a fresh start, but as far as we know Pole hasn't looked for that kind of help, either.  I think Kreeny is right--Pole doesn't want to find a job.

Pole has obvious mental-health issues, and there are social-service agencies that help people with those problems find work, too--maybe not the kind of job that will support a family, but at least a job where he can earn some money.

And those are just the things I can think of off the top of my head about what Pole has *not* done.  Yes, he's damned because he doesn't, but it seems to me that there's plenty he can *do* without being damned.  I'm no fan of Kreeny--why in hell would she not use birth control knowing that she and her husband had no money coming in?--but it seems to me that any ugliness she's exhibiting toward Pole is more than justified.

• Love 15

I think Pole was looking for a woman and had to go abroad because no woman in his vicinity wanted to have anything to do with him.  I think Kareine was looking for an American and maybe a better life for herself.  If that's the case, both of them got exactly what they wanted.  

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Mothra said:

In Kreeny's defense, accepting the fact that her husband refuses to learn the language of the country they're living in (although she has made efforts to learn English--we even saw her in an English class, iirc), I suspect moving back home to her parents where she knows she and her baby will have a roof over their heads and food to eat is a smart decision.   

I don't see how he is damned if he does, since he hasn't *done* anything.  He first of all needs to learn the language, and he's had several years in which to do that.  Afaik, he has made zero effort to learn Portuguese--"it's hard!!"--to which Kreeny rightly responded "so is English!"

He came back to the US to earn some money for them to live on, which he didn't.  We learned his job was as a part-time shit shoveler for a farmer.  He doesn't have the excuse that he doesn't speak the language.  We know it's hard for him to find a good job with his criminal record--so what was he doing looking for a wife in the first place, knowing he could not support a family, in the US or elsewhere?

There are programs in the US to help felons find work--I know because my uncle worked for the WV dept. of rehabilitation, which did exactly that--but Pole doesn't seem to have made any effort to get help in finding a job.  We know that there are employers--like the trash-hauling guy on Hoarders--who seek out ex-cons to give them a fresh start, but as far as we know Pole hasn't looked for that kind of help, either.  I think Kreeny is right--Pole doesn't want to find a job.

Pole has obvious mental-health issues, and there are social-service agencies that help people with those problems find work, too--maybe not the kind of job that will support a family, but at least a job where he can earn some money.

And those are just the things I can think of off the top of my head about what Pole has *not* done.  Yes, he's damned because he doesn't, but it seems to me that there's plenty he can *do* without being damned.  I'm no fan of Kreeny--why in hell would she not use birth control knowing that she and her husband had no money coming in?--but it seems to me that any ugliness she's exhibiting toward Pole is more than justified.

This ^^ is why I have no sympathy for Pole. The answer to unfucking your life and getting on the right track is not to fuck it up even more by adding the baggage of a wife from a foreign country and a soon to be child. Before he even contemplated a relationship with ANYONE, his focus should have been to get his life in order, get a job, utlize the social service system to help you. But now, he does the opposite of making things better, he makes them worse and more complicated. Even if he does manage to bring Kareene to the US, he can't afford to support a family. He can't even hold down a job.   

• Love 14

Tiffany is such an idiot. Even Daniel knew that conversation they were having in front of him after the apartment hunt was inappropriate and asked to be excused. I hope that when she watches these episodes she sees what a repetitive idiot she looked/sounded like. I don't get at all why she is tying herself to this man. That must be some magical dick he's got.

Someone suggested Daniel live with his real father, but the father is dead. I believe he died in the last couple of months. And it's unlikely Daniel knows him well at all since she didn't want him involved unless he was going to commit to being an attentive father.

Karine is a serious bitch and I know Paul is too much to deal with and a drama queen but that's the shit she signed up for.

I have no idea what Summit's deal is but I don't get what he sees in that woman with her stringy hair and constant whining. I did enjoy her mistress/sidepiece analogy, though.

Poor Jihoon. I like him and his parents. It's too bad they're now tied to this piece of crap woman for life.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
20 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

So Summit quits his job immediately after Jenny arrives because he feels he has to spend time with her, doesn't want to leave her alone because he looooooves her so much, then he leaves her for an undisclosed amount of time, tells her he doesn't know when he will be back because he has to go to his parents? And leaves her all alone! This guy is a freeloading POS. 

Yeah and even if the reality of that isn't ridiculous enough, what about a PLAN for how it's going to be divulged to his parents?  Maybe, sit down and sketch out some dates so  they both will know where they stand. But, winging it indefinitely? So bizarre. 

• Love 5

If Karine isn't willing to put her phone down and get off of her ass, they both need to sit down and teach Pole basic skills.  Karine isn't exactly helpful.  Instead of continually berating him for being the loser he is - and she CHOSE to make a baby with - she should say, "Hey dumbass - let's sit down so I can teach you basic language and help you to assimilate to Brazil."  No - she's too busy on her phone to do that.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

“I studied Spanish.”

”You speak Spanish?”

”No, I took it.”

Does Paul even speak English well enough to include it on his resume?

Given the gestures he used to tell father Karine that he wanted to propose, I'm guessing that he didn't do so well at the sign language either.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 16
  • Love 1

On average 50 people are murdered in South Africa every single day. 

The country has one of the highest rates of rape in the world, with some 65,000 rapes and other sexual assaults reported

South Africa has a high record of carjacking when compared with other industrialised countries

Cash-in-transit (CIT) heists have at times reached epidemic proportions in South Africa

Kidnapping in South Africa is common, with over 4,100 occurring in the 2013/2014 period. A child is reported missing every five hours (not all due to kidnapping), of which 23% are not located

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_South_Africa

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

I laughed pretty hard when Jenny likened herself to a mistress or side piece.

Actually she said "sidekick" which made me think of a character like Tonto or Robin. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, magemaud said:

Actually she said "sidekick" which made me think of a character like Tonto or Robin. 

Lol, she did . Sidekick, like a Suzuki in the ‘90s. I always wanted one.

why did she wear nude colored tights? Does she want it to look like she’s bare legged? Does she know that top with the slit is meant to be worn with loose flowy pants? Was she trying to be sexy instead of being an auntie? The bitch of it is that she looks younger and more attractive in the Indian clothing. Tight pants do not flatter her. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Pole's man cave is the dog house? It reminds me of the Temple Grandon's hugging machine with his mantra of "Calm, calm, calm."

Ditto. I commented the same thing in the live thread.

3 hours ago, Mothra said:

I think he's "so bad" because he complained that the people in a small village in the Brazilian jungle don't speak English.  He's "so bad" because he didn't ask Kreeny to teach him how to say "I'm looking for a job--any job" in Portuguese.  He's "so bad" because he seriously wanted to rent the more expensive house when neither of them is bringing in any money (except for whatever Kreeny is making for talking to men on the internet).  He's "so bad" because he wore his fucking bullet-proof vest (or was it his cooling vest) for job interviews.  And that's just off the top of my head.  No Pole love here.

Exactly this.  

2 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

So things haven't quite worked out the way Pole planned. He thought he would have Kareenee living with him and mommy at this point in Kentucky, getting sex on the regular with a woman who is completely beholden to him. 

Let's take a trip down memory lane, shall we? Pole, who can't get a woman to talk to him, much less get laid, comes upon the perfect solution, international dating apps. To his surprise, albeit no one else's, women actually want to talk to him. In his view, his sterling personality wins them over, but everyone else in the world knows it's because many desperate women go online looking for any American who can bring them to the US and out of poverty. At some level, I think Pole kind of knows this, and figures he can get an espicy latina and because her green card, citizenship and future rely on him, hence he can control her, because he is an SOB who has huge issues with women. The one thing he forgot was that Americans can not randomly choose to bring anyone to the US anytime they want, there are many legal hoops to jump through, including financial ones, which he can't meet. So he figures he will go to Brazil and live there like an American king, despite the fact that he has no skills and can't speak the language. But oops, he has a criminal record so the Brazilian govt says nope, 

So now he is in a position where he can't bring Kareenee to the US and he potentially can't stay in Brazil, and she is pg, so he is truly fucked. No mommy to bail his ass out, like she has been doing his entire life. So what does he do? Hides in the dog house and bitches at his wife because he thinks she is cheating.

My guess is that mommy Pole will come to his rescue. I'm betting on it

And this!

A few people upthread suggested that Pole is right to ask for a DNA test from Karine.  No love for either of these two idiots but I mean enough is enough.  She submitted a STD test and a pregnancy test.  I am super shocked that he didn't also take her into a gyno office before he had sex with her the first time to make sure her virginity was intact.  

Most of us know how it turns out (I'm not spoiling it!) but seriously if I had my wish on these two is that they split and he goes back to the States and sends money down regularly to Karine and the baby.  Or her dad and his lot makes him disappear. I am good with either.

• Love 10

I don't know the laws in Brazil, but, if they are married, it might not matter if it's his bio child.  Still have duty of support.  But, I'd want to know for sure. The real dad deserves to know.  The way Karine acts, I don't think it's an unreasonable thing.  

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Does she know that top with the slit is meant to be worn with loose flowy pants?

But she's an AMERICAN woman, and don't tell her how to dress, so she decided to wear leggings with her tunic top. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

@Mothra, from page 1 about the csection, I too think Deavon was overly dramatic about her "operation", but there was a wrinkle in case you missed it.  Whenever they had it scheduled for, the doctors then moved it up 2 weeks due her high blood pressure.  Her tangled discussion and trying to get Jihoon to come earlier was a mess.

For my part, when Jihoon said he would not change his plans (nonrefundable tickets), and that she would have to have the baby without him, very poignant,  in my eyes he grew a foot taller, and Deaven seemed hit for once with the reality that in this world she won't always get her way.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

Watching show so haven't read thru thread yet but I'm sure someone has said.... no jobs, no place to live, in a country that's basically the equivalent of being in a zombie apocalypse, so...lets have a baby!!

jezus fooking H. chriiiist, lol

Where's the damn face palm emoji????

Edited by 100Proof
  • LOL 7
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, 100Proof said:

Watching show so haven't read thru thread yet but I'm sure someone has said.... no jobs, no place to live, living in a country that's basically the equivalent of being in a zombie apocalypse, so...lets have a baby!!

jezus fooking h. chriiiist

Also, is Ronald even six months out of rehab yet?  FFS Tiffany.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, essexjan said:

Tiffany, maybe you should have thought about where and how you'd make a home for your son before you uprooted him and moved half-way across the world. And maybe you should have thought about how your husband would support you and your son before you got married. And maybe you should make sure you have a secure home and regular income before you decide to have another baby.

If crime is so high there you have to wonder what the public schools are like.  Because we know they can’t afford private school.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, guerra1942 said:

and in the usa the murder rate per day is only 47.

Yes, however, (and I am NOT looking for a debate, I truly am not) South Africa has a population of 65.72 million and the United States has a population of 329,345,285.  All the numbers are too high, I think we can all agree with that.

Tiffany - you must have no friends.  Not that you are unlikeable but no one could handle being around someone who makes such stupid decisions on the daily.  Gonna marry an unemployed felon who can't come to the US, so she scoops up her son from his only home and heads to South Africa.  Both are unemployed but hey!  Let's TALK BABIES!!!  Yeah, that will help.

Ronald, shut the hell up about your $500 a month salary (did I read that right?) at the "Wellness Center."  Any one that I know who has been through treatment (and I know a lot, lol) you gotta be clean for a year before you get to counsel others.  Like someone else said, get out and get a plant.  If that is alive in a year get a pet.  If that is alive after a year, THEN get a mate.  Ronald will not be in a hurry to work, either, trust me on this one:  He has been at a place where he has sat around for SIX MONTHS with nothing but meetings all day and helping to clean once a week.

I can't believe these two fools went around looking at apartments with no jobs and thiniking they were going to get something.  Loved the realtors talking to the cameras!

• Love 21
10 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I can't believe these two fools went around looking at apartments with no jobs and thiniking they were going to get something

Production driven.  With neither employed, she having no work visa, and he having criminal and substance abuse issues, what landlord is going to rent to them at any price point?  Maybe if they pay a year’s rent in advance.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, guerra1942 said:

and in the usa the murder rate per day is only 47.

USA is 8 times the size with their population around 55 million vs our 327 million. Those aren't good stats and I would not be relocating there for love or money

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Angry Moldovan said:

My personal fave. If Daniel doesn’t like it HE we won’t stay. righhhhhht

FIFY.  She’s staying.   Daniel will be shipped back to grandma.  Probably for the best.   She’s not going to leave Ronald anytime soon.  

If Sumit was gay, he’d be married.  Why bring Jeannie over to be his beard?   Doesn’t make sense.  I doubt he’s married because his friends would have mentioned it when he told them Jeannie was coming to India to live.  

Jeannie, go home.  

Paul should have been neutered.  

Jihoon’s parents are better people than I.  

• Love 14
15 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

t was also painful to watch Tiffany talk about wanting a baby with her unemployed Felon who can't get into the US and listen to the realtors talk about "Burglar Bars"  FREE DANIEL!!!

I was IRATE at clueless Tiffany talking about crime and safety and screaming for help, etc. right in front of Daniel. How thoughtless and insensitive that is! There's honesty and there's being mindful of terrifying the kid. Unless Tiffany's goal is to scare Daniel enough that he "refuses to live there," giving her a convenient out without having to express that same sentiment herself (and you know she wants to). Plus, talking baby?! OMG -- that's the LAST thing they need right now. Idiots.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

He got out the DAY she arrived,  which was a week before they were married!   

I've shared here before,  Mr. Tostandon did a 31 day treatment for alcoholism.  Almost everyone said they were going to become "counselors".  Ronald is way to fresh out of rehab to even consider helping another person.   And his wife still cannot trust him! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

Had to laugh at the real estate agent telling Tiffany that if she screamed real loud someone would hear her.  Any sane person would get the hell out of dodge.  Why bother to even look at a place when they know they both dont have jobs.  Burglar bars on my child's window.  Everytime I think Tiffany has said the dumbest thing I've ever heard..she says something even dumber.    
Someone should tell Jenny from the block that she needs take it down a notch.  Also...why hasnt she learned the language yet?  Did she really think she'd be able to work with no visa and speak only english.  She cant even get an under the table hustle going without learning the language.  Same with Paul.  Karrine looks worse every week.  Good lord.  Paul years are like dog years.  

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, vmcd88 said:

Also...why hasnt she learned the language yet? 

I wonder at this too. She has nothing but time. Seems like some lessons in Hindi or Punjabi would be useful and give her something to do. Though of course it would cut into her whinging time.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, politichick said:

Someone suggested Daniel live with his real father, but the father is dead. I believe he died in the last couple of months. And it's unlikely Daniel knows him well at all since she didn't want him involved unless he was going to commit to being an attentive father.

Daniel should go live with his grandmother or his aunt or, heck, me.  I can buy him good candy!  Only problem is he can't run and scream when he gets excited, like he's done on the show.  He'd freak my dog out.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, alegtostandon said:

He got out the DAY she arrived,  which was a week before they were married!   

I've shared here before,  Mr. Tostandon did a 31 day treatment for alcoholism.  Almost everyone said they were going to become "counselors".  Ronald is way to fresh out of rehab to even consider helping another person.   And his wife still cannot trust him! 

Kinda like everyone in law school says they want to do public interest law lol.

• LOL 7
8 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I wonder at this too. She has nothing but time. Seems like some lessons in Hindi or Punjabi would be useful and give her something to do. Though of course it would cut into her whinging time.

You silly people. Thinking that someone who has relocated to another county would be best served by learning the language. Dont you understand that Jenny and Pol have more important things to do, like staring at walls, hiding in doghouse, COMPLAINING about not getting enough attention and not being able to work, although the language is one of the primary reasons they cant work?I mean, come on!

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • LOL 12
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, pickle said:

kekkee...😁 She was wearing nude coloured leggings underneath the kurta (the top).

Nude leggings?  Nice move, Jenny.  Not really side-ass, then, but who wants to look close enough to realize it?

She might as well have had nothing on under her kurta.  An Indian family lived across the street from us, and the kurta with pants was one of the most attractive outfits I've ever seen.  Flattering to every body type, and beautiful fabrics.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

@Mothra, from page 1 about the csection, I too think Deavon was overly dramatic about her "operation", but there was a wrinkle in case you missed it.  Whenever they had it scheduled for, the doctors then moved it up 2 weeks due her high blood pressure.  Her tangled discussion and trying to get Jihoon to come earlier was a mess.

Yeah, the "pre-eclampsia" I referred to is high blood pressure that can develop late in pregnancy and it is often the reason for a caesarean section.  An "emergency" c-section isn't always life-threatening; my emergency c-section was performed because my baby was in full breech position and had a really big head.   And it was no big deal.

I think she works hard at making Jihoon feel guilty.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

6 hours ago, bichonblitz said:
13 hours ago, Kareem said:

Trying to figure out what exactly it is Summy likes about Jenny’s personality.  She appears to be a wet blanket 99% of the time.  

What personality? lol. She has blond hair and blue eyes. Doesn't matter that she's old enough to be his mommy. And looks every day of it. 

Edited 5 hours ago by bichonblitz

I think they’re pretty much neck and neck in the looks department. He seems at least capable of being kind.  She’s got nothing.   If he turns out to be a creep, doing more than cat fishing her with a handsome guy to get her attention, then they’ll really be even!

Edited by Kareem
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

he isn't even six WEEKS out of rehab! 

I also love how Ronald, who can't afford even minimal rent, promised Tiffany they could get an alarm system for "just a few hundred dollars a month." 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, Matty said:

Am I the only woman in America who refuses to purchase, own, wear a cold shoulder shirt? Looking at you Laura, Tiffany, Angela (on another 90 Days show), and there are probably others that I can't remember. The women with the hammy arms seem to like them a lot. Not a good look. 

I bought a cold shoulder dress from a clearance rack last year.  I cut off the sleeves and made new facings to have a sleeveless dress before I would even consider wearing it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, Matty said:

Am I the only woman in America who refuses to purchase, own, wear a cold shoulder shirt? Looking at you Laura, Tiffany, Angela (on another 90 Days show), and there are probably others that I can't remember. The women with the hammy arms seem to like them a lot. Not a good look. 

They are the first wardrobe choice of Nicole, who it seems has been on EVERY version of the 90 Day Franchise. 

• Love 4

Anyone else notice all the signs in English when Jenny was in the rickshaw? A car that looked like a taxi that said "TOURIST" on the windshield, store fronts that said "JAGGA BUS SERVICE," "BABA CYBER CAFE," "[indecipherable] PAINTERS & PRINTERS," sidewalk signs that said "PHOTOSTAT/PRINT OUTS/RESUME/FLEX BOARD/PUMPHLETS"(sic), a billboard across from the employment agency of a Honda scooter with "2999 LOW DOWN PAYMENT Love is Growing" - and tons more. The employment agency even had a sign next to the front door that said "Computer Operator, Security Guard, Housekeeping, Banking..." But she can't find anybody to speak English with. Even the employment agency guy clearly had SOME English, which she didn't understand either.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Spike said:

Production driven.  With neither employed, she having no work visa, and he having criminal and substance abuse issues, what landlord is going to rent to them at any price point?  Maybe if they pay a year’s rent in advance.

I'm sure this is the case with Pole and Kreeny, too.  Like Ronald and Tiffany, they had a home with parents, and while they may have longer to have their own place, neither couple was in any position to house-hunt.

Of course, neither couple was in any position to procreate, either.

And now that I think of it, Deaven's pressing Jihoon about affording an apartment--she had some shitty remark about he had nine months to save money for them (does she know what he does for a living?)--probably was a producer's idea, too.

And I want to me too the Family Jihoon's fan club.  Deaven doesn't deserve them.

Edited to add:  And while I'm thinking about, does any one of the Americans live on their own *before* going overseas?  Jenny lives with her daughter; Laura with her son; Pole, Tiffany and Deaven with parents.  And so on.  Maybe none of them truly understands what it takes to rent a place on your own.

Edited by Mothra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9