Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Drogo

S01.E12: Baby, Come Back!

I might add when we were in india we had the OPPOSITE problem that Jenny seemed to- and that was autorickshaw drivers literally fighting over who got the "fare"---they are very aggressive--and so I think that scene was staged---where they all drove by- I dont believe that for a second.  The only ones that dont stop ---and sometimes they do- are ones with other passengers in them.  That scene was totally fake and turned me off of the show.  

Also, I married someone from mexico- and people would talk loud and slow--as if she were deaf---like that helped her understand english better?  Jenny is a bimbo.  She is just as emotionally disabled as her knucklehead husband.  I do know that indians place a lot of pressure on the kids---but until we meet mom and dad, I dont believe anything on that show anymore--except the following:

1- Paul is (there are no words)  He is such a dumbass.  No wonder her parents hate him.  I do too. 

2- Laura and Jenny---need help getting out of those countries intact--women have zero rights.

3- tiffany?  what can I say.  Marries a felon with no job or income- and then complains about it.  

• Like 9
  • Laugh 3

On 8/14/2019 at 3:25 PM, Persnickety1 said:

Marie is my all-time favorite episode of Intervention.  She had such an amazing turnaround, too.  I hope she's still doing well.  

So do I!  Maybe at some point Sumit will have to agree to let the cameras in to show us what's really going with that situation.

Considering how he catfished Jenny for the first several months of their relationship, I'm skeptical about taking anything he says at face value.   

I hold Marie in the same esteem as Dianne from Fat Camp and God Warrior from Trading Spouses. Stars, all of them.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, blubld43 said:

I noticed he looked substantially balder during the scene with girlfriend flashing her tits. Maybe he was wearing a toupee in his pictures?

I posted a photo of him on the Darcey thread and he has such bushy curly dark hair it looks wig-like to me, but I think in the tit flashing scene, his hair was slicked back and much flatter. Darcey supposedly called him unexpectedly, maybe he had just gotten out of the shower. 

• Like 1

other then the fact that Paul is 100% an idiot.  The whole ring scene was cringe.

The fact that he is so quick to jump to “You want a divorce?” And taking off his ring After every little argument is so damn childish. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, greekmom said:

You're not the first one to call one of these scammers out and they in turn swear at you before they hang up.

Seriously, you catch onto their game and it's your fault so you are the "cunt"!?!?!? Uh whatever asshole. 

LOL, I find it amusing. 

I sincerely hope I ruin their day because a good day for them is scamming some old person out of their life savings.  

I realize that people are impoverished and it sucks, but taking money from the old, infirm and cognitively impaired is not okay.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

On 8/14/2019 at 6:22 PM, Drogo said:

Same. 

That’s so funny I’ve had this song in my head since the mention here of how she’s only happy when bad things are happening.  

Pooooour your misery down on me 🎶

On 8/15/2019 at 12:50 AM, Hellohappylife said:

All I can picture is the sound of a robot voice at 3 am telling pole “it’s his turn to feed the baby!” 

HA!  This is cracking me up!

• Like 1

Does Daniel have a father who is in his life? If he does how could he allow his son to be taken to South Africa to live? Moms can't just up and move that far away if there is a court agreement in place regarding custody and visitation. Seriously, unless he is dead I despise this Bio-dads who do nothing to protect their childing every bit as much as their stupid, selfish, mothers. 

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, RealReality said:
  23 hours ago, greekmom said:

You're not the first one to call one of these scammers out and they in turn swear at you before they hang up.

Seriously, you catch onto their game and it's your fault so you are the "cunt"!?!?!? Uh whatever asshole. 

My foolproof method when I make the mistake of answering the phone is to keep saying “Hello?      Hello?       Is someone there?   HELLO?!”  It’s hilarious because they try to figure out why you can’t hear them and there’s nothing they can do.

However, I work for a huge multinational company with many locations in India, especially for technical services.  We also have many Indian-Americans who are in US locations.  Without exception they are the most polite, diligent, kind people I’ve ever known.

• Like 4

On 8/14/2019 at 8:01 PM, ava111 said:

I have been resisting this fashion trend for almost 5 years. When it started I thought it will be gone within a year. It's still going strong 5 years later. It's time for it to die!

Can I nominate the hi-lo hem as well? Hate seeing a pretty, perfectly normal dress, only to scroll down to see the bottom of it looks like Denise Huxtable’s version of a Gordon Gartrelle. 

I have nothing to add other than Deavan and Jihoon made one seriously cute baby and I normally do not find babies cute at all. “Ahhhd-alll, Ahhhd-all” -TM Evelin

• Like 3
  • Laugh 3

I don’t know where in Fredneck Tiffany lives, but I don’t know anyone there who leaves their  doors unlocked. It may not be a crime infested hell hole, but it’s definitely not Mayberry. Nobody with an 8-year old kid should be leaving their doors unlocked. She’s so dim.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

I don’t know where in Fredneck Tiffany lives, but I don’t know anyone there who leaves their  doors unlocked. It may not be a crime infested hell hole, but it’s definitely not Mayberry. Nobody with an 8-year old kid should be leaving their doors unlocked. She’s so dim.

Edited by Spike
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

Tiffany claims she didn't know she was pregnant until the baby came.

Maybe she also wants to be on another TLC offering, “I Didn’t Know I Was Pregnant.” 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

18 hours ago, charmed1 said:

I have nothing to add other than Deavan and Jihoon made one seriously cute baby and I normally do not find babies cute at all.

Deavan and someone who is hopefully Jihoon : )

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

2 hours ago, DiamondGirl said:

Deavan and someone who is hopefully Jihoon : )

I doubt that parents Jihoon will press the matter.  They are so sweet and good.  They are the best thing that could have happened to Dracula--they will give her attention and calm her down.  I bet after a year, she will be a lovely well-behaved child in spite of her mother.  I don't know whether it's the same now or what, but I knew a Korean dad of a small boy about 50 years ago, and his kid was wild.  He told me that in Korea children and their bad behavior were indulged until they were school-age, when they were expected to begin to be civilized--and by god, that's what happened to his kid.

His little boy had watched a WW2 movie on TV, and one morning Lee woke up to his son peeing on his face.  "You dirty Jap" the kid yelled at his father.  Lee laughed it off because the kid was too young to understand.  Dracula will be a piece of cake compared to Lee's kid.

Edited by Mothra
  • Like 3

On 8/15/2019 at 12:28 PM, talons said:

I might add when we were in india we had the OPPOSITE problem that Jenny seemed to- and that was autorickshaw drivers literally fighting over who got the "fare"---they are very aggressive--and so I think that scene was staged---where they all drove by- I dont believe that for a second.  The only ones that dont stop ---and sometimes they do- are ones with other passengers in them.  That scene was totally fake and turned me off of the show.  

I corroborate this 100%. Rickshaw drivers would be fighting over her fare because they could charge her more if they didn't use a meter. Plus, the guy who did pick her up didn't seem like he understood English, just the standard 'yes' when asked anything. I was shocked he took her to the correct address, once again leading me to assume there was a Hindi-speaking fixer on hand to make sure she got to the correct place. And of course I'm sure the clearly English speaking employment dude was told that he should not speak English with her and instead speak Hinglish at best, or he wouldn't get paid. TLC doesn't understand that they dont NEED to fuck with production. If they let it be, it would be so much better, IMO.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gingerella said:

I corroborate this 100%. Rickshaw drivers would be fighting over her fare because they could charge her more if they didn't use a meter. Plus, the guy who did pick her up didn't seem like he understood English, just the standard 'yes' when asked anything. I was shocked he took her to the correct address, once again leading me to assume there was a Hindi-speaking fixer on hand to make sure she got to the correct place. And of course I'm sure the clearly English speaking employment dude was told that he should not speak English with her and instead speak Hinglish at best, or he wouldn't get paid. TLC doesn't understand that they dont NEED to fuck with production. If they let it be, it would be so much better, IMO.

I agree - When we were in Jamaica (and things could have changed) drivers were AGGRESSIVE.  They would ask how long you were going to be at whatever place you are going and then come back at that time to retrieve you, regardless if you requested it.

I caught this episode because there was absolutely nothing else on the watch.

Jenny:  Women get brutally raped on the streets of India. And, I realize the film crew is with her so she’s not really alone, however, the medical student who got so badly raped on a bus that she died was with her boyfriend.  So the boyfriend being with her did not prevent what happened. Second, our girl Jenny goes to an employment agency, asks him if he speaks English and he says no.  Rather than leave, she sits there and proceeds to talk to him in English like if she does it  long enough he’ll understand what she’s saying.

Her kids really should get a conservatorship on her.  Obviously, no competent person makes the decisions she has been making.

Paul’s wife:  Why doesn’t she hook up with Coltee and Debbie?  At least, she only wants a roof over her head and food on the table and is not asking for $200 haircuts.  Coltee is into Brazilians.  However, Larissa is beautiful. I doubt that Coltee would have any interest in this one

The chick who went to South Africa:  What would possesses somebody to move to a country she knows nothing about, marry a gambling addict who is also a criminal, and has a young son to care for and protect?  The real estate agents have better sense than her and more concerned about her son that she does.

• Like 2

Sooo, Paul truly is in the doghouse now.                                                         Apparently, Paul did not graduate from college nor attended college for any significant period of time. Seemingly, he did take one or two Spanish classes conducted at a college. Portuguese, however, was eschewed as unnecessary(?).

Every time that i hear Deavan speak or see her give that slow witless look, i just wanna ...

Karine  IS  workin’. That’s the reason she protectively cradles that phone. The one with pictures of all of her 'friends’.

Tiffany! TiFFANY!  What. The. H _ L L  is wrong with you?

{sigh} Jenny...just go home- - The USA. 

Edited by BookElitist