Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: Baby, Come Back!

• Start Topic

On 8/14/2019 at 3:25 PM, Persnickety1 said:

Marie is my all-time favorite episode of Intervention.  She had such an amazing turnaround, too.  I hope she's still doing well.  

So do I!  Maybe at some point Sumit will have to agree to let the cameras in to show us what's really going with that situation.

Considering how he catfished Jenny for the first several months of their relationship, I'm skeptical about taking anything he says at face value.   

I hold Marie in the same esteem as Dianne from Fat Camp and God Warrior from Trading Spouses. Stars, all of them.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, blubld43 said:

I noticed he looked substantially balder during the scene with girlfriend flashing her tits. Maybe he was wearing a toupee in his pictures?

I posted a photo of him on the Darcey thread and he has such bushy curly dark hair it looks wig-like to me, but I think in the tit flashing scene, his hair was slicked back and much flatter. Darcey supposedly called him unexpectedly, maybe he had just gotten out of the shower. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, greekmom said:

You're not the first one to call one of these scammers out and they in turn swear at you before they hang up.

Seriously, you catch onto their game and it's your fault so you are the "c***"!?!?!? Uh whatever asshole. 

LOL, I find it amusing. 

I sincerely hope I ruin their day because a good day for them is scamming some old person out of their life savings.  

I realize that people are impoverished and it sucks, but taking money from the old, infirm and cognitively impaired is not okay.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 8/14/2019 at 6:22 PM, Drogo said:

Same. 

That’s so funny I’ve had this song in my head since the mention here of how she’s only happy when bad things are happening.  

Pooooour your misery down on me 🎶

On 8/15/2019 at 12:50 AM, Hellohappylife said:

All I can picture is the sound of a robot voice at 3 am telling pole “it’s his turn to feed the baby!” 

HA!  This is cracking me up!

• Love 2

Does Daniel have a father who is in his life? If he does how could he allow his son to be taken to South Africa to live? Moms can't just up and move that far away if there is a court agreement in place regarding custody and visitation. Seriously, unless he is dead I despise this Bio-dads who do nothing to protect their childing every bit as much as their stupid, selfish, mothers. 

• Useful 1
11 hours ago, RealReality said:
  23 hours ago, greekmom said:

You're not the first one to call one of these scammers out and they in turn swear at you before they hang up.

Seriously, you catch onto their game and it's your fault so you are the "c***"!?!?!? Uh whatever asshole. 

My foolproof method when I make the mistake of answering the phone is to keep saying “Hello?      Hello?       Is someone there?   HELLO?!”  It’s hilarious because they try to figure out why you can’t hear them and there’s nothing they can do.

However, I work for a huge multinational company with many locations in India, especially for technical services.  We also have many Indian-Americans who are in US locations.  Without exception they are the most polite, diligent, kind people I’ve ever known.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
On 8/14/2019 at 8:01 PM, ava111 said:

I have been resisting this fashion trend for almost 5 years. When it started I thought it will be gone within a year. It's still going strong 5 years later. It's time for it to die!

Can I nominate the hi-lo hem as well? Hate seeing a pretty, perfectly normal dress, only to scroll down to see the bottom of it looks like Denise Huxtable’s version of a Gordon Gartrelle. 

I have nothing to add other than Deavan and Jihoon made one seriously cute baby and I normally do not find babies cute at all. “Ahhhd-alll, Ahhhd-all” -TM Evelin

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

I don’t know where in Fredneck Tiffany lives, but I don’t know anyone there who leaves their  doors unlocked. It may not be a crime infested hell hole, but it’s definitely not Mayberry. Nobody with an 8-year old kid should be leaving their doors unlocked. She’s so dim.

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

I don’t know where in Fredneck Tiffany lives, but I don’t know anyone there who leaves their  doors unlocked. It may not be a crime infested hell hole, but it’s definitely not Mayberry. Nobody with an 8-year old kid should be leaving their doors unlocked. She’s so dim.

Edited by Spike
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

Tiffany claims she didn't know she was pregnant until the baby came.

Maybe she also wants to be on another TLC offering, “I Didn’t Know I Was Pregnant.” 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, charmed1 said:

I have nothing to add other than Deavan and Jihoon made one seriously cute baby and I normally do not find babies cute at all.

Deavan and someone who is hopefully Jihoon : )

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, DiamondGirl said:

Deavan and someone who is hopefully Jihoon : )

I doubt that parents Jihoon will press the matter.  They are so sweet and good.  They are the best thing that could have happened to Dracula--they will give her attention and calm her down.  I bet after a year, she will be a lovely well-behaved child in spite of her mother.  I don't know whether it's the same now or what, but I knew a Korean dad of a small boy about 50 years ago, and his kid was wild.  He told me that in Korea children and their bad behavior were indulged until they were school-age, when they were expected to begin to be civilized--and by god, that's what happened to his kid.

His little boy had watched a WW2 movie on TV, and one morning Lee woke up to his son peeing on his face.  "You dirty Jap" the kid yelled at his father.  Lee laughed it off because the kid was too young to understand.  Dracula will be a piece of cake compared to Lee's kid.

Edited by Mothra
  • Love 5
On 8/15/2019 at 12:28 PM, talons said:

I might add when we were in india we had the OPPOSITE problem that Jenny seemed to- and that was autorickshaw drivers literally fighting over who got the "fare"---they are very aggressive--and so I think that scene was staged---where they all drove by- I dont believe that for a second.  The only ones that dont stop ---and sometimes they do- are ones with other passengers in them.  That scene was totally fake and turned me off of the show.  

I corroborate this 100%. Rickshaw drivers would be fighting over her fare because they could charge her more if they didn't use a meter. Plus, the guy who did pick her up didn't seem like he understood English, just the standard 'yes' when asked anything. I was shocked he took her to the correct address, once again leading me to assume there was a Hindi-speaking fixer on hand to make sure she got to the correct place. And of course I'm sure the clearly English speaking employment dude was told that he should not speak English with her and instead speak Hinglish at best, or he wouldn't get paid. TLC doesn't understand that they dont NEED to fuck with production. If they let it be, it would be so much better, IMO.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, gingerella said:

I corroborate this 100%. Rickshaw drivers would be fighting over her fare because they could charge her more if they didn't use a meter. Plus, the guy who did pick her up didn't seem like he understood English, just the standard 'yes' when asked anything. I was shocked he took her to the correct address, once again leading me to assume there was a Hindi-speaking fixer on hand to make sure she got to the correct place. And of course I'm sure the clearly English speaking employment dude was told that he should not speak English with her and instead speak Hinglish at best, or he wouldn't get paid. TLC doesn't understand that they dont NEED to fuck with production. If they let it be, it would be so much better, IMO.

I agree - When we were in Jamaica (and things could have changed) drivers were AGGRESSIVE.  They would ask how long you were going to be at whatever place you are going and then come back at that time to retrieve you, regardless if you requested it.

• Love 2

I caught this episode because there was absolutely nothing else to watch.

Jenny:  Women get brutally raped on the streets of India. And, I realize the film crew is with her so she’s not really alone, however, the medical student who got so badly raped on a bus that she died was with her boyfriend.  So, the boyfriend being with her did not prevent what happened. Second, our girl Jenny goes to an employment agency, asks him if he speaks English and he says no.  Rather than leave, she sits there and proceeds to talk to him in English like, if she does it  long enough, he’ll understand what she’s saying.

Her kids really should get a conservatorship on her.  Obviously, no competent person makes the decisions she has been making.

Paul’s wife:  Why doesn’t she hook up with Coltee and Debbie?  At least, she only wants a roof over her head and food on the table and is not asking for $200 haircuts.  Coltee is into Brazilians.  However, Larissa is beautiful. I doubt that Coltee would have any interest in this one.

The chick who went to South Africa:  What would possesses somebody to move to a country she knows nothing about, marry a gambling addict who is also a criminal, and has a young son to care for and protect?  The real estate agents have better sense than her and are more concerned about her son than she is.

Edited by Kid
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14

Sooo, Paul truly is in the doghouse now.                                                         Apparently, Paul did not graduate from college nor attended college for any significant period of time. Seemingly, he did take one or two Spanish classes conducted at a college. Portuguese, however, was eschewed as unnecessary(?).

Every time that i hear Deavan speak or see her give that slow witless look, i just wanna ...

Karine  IS  workin’. That’s the reason she protectively cradles that phone. The one with pictures of all of her 'friends’.

Tiffany! TiFFANY!  What. The. H _ L L  is wrong with you?

{sigh} Jenny...just go home- - The USA. 

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 9
17 hours ago, BookElitist said:

sigh} Jenny...just go home- - The USA. 

How can she possibly think he wants more than a free lay??  

He will never marry her.  First and foremost, she cannot breed.  

Edited by Kid
  • Love 3

Anybody think Sumee was more horrified when he heard Jenny dared leave the apartment because someone might see her rather than rape her? After all, she visited for a few months previously so his family and their friends know who she is and she kind of sticks out *eyeroll*.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
On 8/16/2019 at 3:27 PM, charmed1 said:

Can I nominate the hi-lo hem as well? Hate seeing a pretty, perfectly normal dress, only to scroll down to see the bottom of it looks like Denise Huxtable’s version of a Gordon Gartrelle. 

I have nothing to add other than Deavan and Jihoon made one seriously cute baby and I normally do not find babies cute at all. “Ahhhd-alll, Ahhhd-all” -TM Evelin

I am laughing out loud at your post, every word of it was perfection!  I read the last part in Evelin's voice, you nailed it!  

We had to put down our Bengal cat yesterday and I really needed this laugh. Thank you.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 8/15/2019 at 11:38 AM, John M said:

Wow, that's now how I view the show at all, to me the show is not about immigration oddly, it's about setting impossible stakes for a immature relationship that people prone to making other horrible decisions have decided to do.

Agreed!

• Love 1
On 8/15/2019 at 3:07 PM, Saje81 said:

Honestly, I wonder if he goes through all the motions of life but secretly lives in a very rich fantasy life in his head, and it causes him to make bad decisions and put very little effort into his real life.

Walter Sumitty!

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am laughing out loud at your post, every word of it was perfection!  I read the last part in Evelin's voice, you nailed it!  

We had to put down our Bengal cat yesterday and I really needed this laugh. Thank you.

So sorry about your kitty. I had to put down one of my dogs this week, totally unexpected. So hard to lose a friend.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am sorry @Baltimore Betty - that is rough to lose a furry family member.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am sorry. We had to put down our cat, Eliot, last year. He made it to the great age of 19/20 (he was a stray when he was found so we don't know for sure). He survived urinary crystals, thyroid issues, vomiting issues and in the last year of his life pancreatic issues (we thought he might have had cancer but the ultrasound didn't show a mass). I miss him almost every day. And this happened just a couple of months after my dad passed away. We went about a month and adopted a black kitten (we thought he was older!), Ichabod and he keeps us on our toes. 

• Love 4
On 8/16/2019 at 6:38 PM, charmed1 said:

Are you in this area too?  Fredneck!  Yes, we don't just leave our doors and windows open.  It's relatively safe, but still.

• LOL 2

Why does TLC keep fucking with the times to air this version?!? It was finally on Sunday evenings and now it's not again? Honestly, I cannot stomach more manufactured bullshit with Grangela and her Baby Toy, we get it. He's a Nigerian scammer - big surprise there - and she's a trailer granny from the deep south, willing to bring her Nigerian boy toy home for some good luvin'...not. Just stop with the forced bullshit TLC, we're not idiots.

• Love 3

Jenny accusing Summit of keeping her on the side as a mistress had me rolling with laughter.

Aren't mistresses typically a younger, hotter side piece than the boring old wife?

If Jenny is the hot babe he's keeping on the side I'd hate to see what the wife looks like.  😲

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

Binged all the episodes and I have thoughts...

Disclaimer: I also went "the other way"; my British husband and I lived in England (where he's from) and Wales (where we met) for several years before getting married and deciding to come to the US. So I have experience as an American marrying a foreigner and living abroad, as well as using the K-1 visa. 

1. So one of these days we're going to have a Dateline/Who the **** Did I Marry crossover with 90 Day Fiance. I'd bet some water buffalo that Paul will be in episode 1. The dude seems to have legit mental problems. He'd better watch it because Father Karine can probably make sure that NOBODY ever finds the body...

2. I think Tiffany's confused. When Ronald was in rehab, she grew closer to his mother and they bonded. I think she's confusing her feelings towards his mother for him. I'm not saying they're sexual feelings at all. I've been in the same boat, where I had such an excellent relationship with my boyfriend's mother that I remained in the relationship way past it's due date because I didn't want to lose HER. 

3. An American hearing the name "Aladin" and confusing the dude for the cartoon prince. Girlfriend, this isn't a Disney movie and you're no princess. And I can guarantee you that rubbing the lamp isn't going to bring forth Robin Williams (or even Will Smith). Run,girl, run!

4. Omar can do better than Avery. (Wait, is this the right show? Because I binged "Before" and "Other Way" at the same time...)

5. Jenny. Oh, Jenny. She's got some kind of arrested development, right? Your almost middle-aged "boyfriend" is hiding you out in an apartment in India while he lies to his parents about what he's doing and who he's with. I can see these younger women being conflicted about this but, in the words of KNOCKED UP, your old ass should know better! Why doesn't he just move to the US? 

6. Whoever said that Corey and Evelin are trolling us and just trying to get exposure for their bar is a genius. The more I watch, the more I can see this. That tiny beach town is exactly the kind of place where I'd travel to. I actually kind of like Evelin. She's sassy. 

Are there other people on the show? I feel like I'm missing someone.

I really don't get these people who do zero research before they leave home. Didn't Jenny say that she'd spent 6 months with Sumit's family? And she still doesn't know how to use the money or how to call a rickshaw? I don't get that. I'm from a tiny, Appalachian mountain town that doesn't even have a red light, yet at the age of 20 I started traveling all over the world alone. I've lived abroad in several countries (UK, Ireland, Austria, Czech Republic) and have visited countries in war/conflict (Bosnia, Kosovo, Lebanon). If my sheltered, whitebread ass can do it then these folks can do it as well. 

• Love 12
On 8/15/2019 at 11:38 AM, John M said:

Wow, that's now how I view the show at all, to me the show is not about immigration oddly, it's about setting impossible stakes for a immature relationship that people prone to making other horrible decisions have decided to do.

I know several couples that have immigrated via their marriage and their relationships don't seem any more or less real or stable to me than any other married couple.

Yeah, I just view this as entertainment in the same way that I view Married at First Sight. The majority of those of us who brought our spouses over on the K-1 had the same average, boring relationships that everyone else has had-we just happened to have been born on different continents. My husband and I met in grad school. We dated and lived together for several years and then got married. The show is picking extreme examples for the entertainment value because if they brought on stories like mine, and like most people's, nobody would tune in. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Are you in this area too?  Fredneck!  Yes, we don't just leave our doors and windows open.  It's relatively safe, but still.

I may get creamed for this, but I may give Tiff a pass on her comment about leaving doors unlocked IF she means her back door during the day while Daniel is playing with friends and IF the backyard is fenced.  We did this when we had kids (in ancient days), but  our neighbors with kids or grandkids still do this.   I think she was talking about this in the context of Daniel playing. 

What I didn't understand was whether this unit had an upstairs as the realtors said something about children being in the upstairs bedroom to be safer.   I thought Tiff and Ronald might have enough $$$ from doing the show to get a place.  

It's unsafe for Jinnnnny to be out at night....camera crew definitely helps.  There are a lot of people working to get her that video chat from a computer that looked like it was sitting in a bag....ready to be wrapped up on a moment's notice and transported to the next location.

They should fly someone in so she has someone to talk to.   The reality is that she has to talk to SOMEONE for this to be TV.   They can't pawn off a "this is Jinny's friend who lives in India" card LOL

Isn't it amazing that Tiffany and Ronald never discussed money at any point?   Even going to see rentals...they never said "How much can we afford?"   That seems ridiculous.   He makes zero money.....he hopes to make a little money.   She can't make any money.    So that's a pretty small budget.

Oh wait, let's have kids too!

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I may get creamed for this, but I may give Tiff a pass on her comment about leaving doors unlocked IF she means her back door during the day while Daniel is playing with friends and IF the backyard is fenced.  We did this when we had kids (in ancient days), but  our neighbors with kids or grandkids still do this.   I think she was talking about this in the context of Daniel playing. 

What I didn't understand was whether this unit had an upstairs as the realtors said something about children being in the upstairs bedroom to be safer.   I thought Tiff and Ronald might have enough $$$ from doing the show to get a place.  

With luck Ronald will make 750 American dollars a month. He tells Tiffany they can get a security system for a couple hundred dollars a month. At least Tiffany had the sense to say that is making a choice between   eating or being secure. I sense Ronald is getting on edge with all these “things” he has to deal with. I bet he relapses and blames the pressure Tiffany puts on him. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, iwasish said:

With luck Ronald will make 750 American dollars a month. He tells Tiffany they can get a security system for a couple hundred dollars a month. At least Tiffany had the sense to say that is making a choice between   eating or being secure. I sense Ronald is getting on edge with all these “things” he has to deal with. I bet he relapses and blames the pressure Tiffany puts on him. 

I just caught this too.   A couple hun for security system?   That's ridiculous.  But if it's true then they won't have enough money.

What they should do is have a baby.   That will help all of this IMO

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

Yes, I think there was a bedroom upstairs and one by the garage which Tiffany said would be for Daniel.  The realtors said they would never put their child in the one that was so exposed to the outside or something to that effect.

12 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

It's unsafe for Jinnnnny to be out at night....camera crew definitely helps.  There are a lot of people working to get her that video chat from a computer that looked like it was sitting in a bag....ready to be wrapped up on a moment's notice and transported to the next location.

They should fly someone in so she has someone to talk to.   The reality is that she has to talk to SOMEONE for this to be TV.   They can't pawn off a "this is Jinny's friend who lives in India" card LOL

Isn't it amazing that Tiffany and Ronald never discussed money at any point?   Even going to see rentals...they never said "How much can we afford?"   That seems ridiculous.   He makes zero money.....he hopes to make a little money.   She can't make any money.    So that's a pretty small budget.

Oh wait, let's have kids too!

To be fair about the computer bag, the pollution is so horrendous that all electronics and appliances in the cities are covered when not in use. They don’t have warranty plans or the ability to just replace things that go cattywompus due to dust and gunk. My husband is from New Delhi and visiting my mother in law is an exercise in Christmas morning everyday as you have to unwrap every single object.

• Useful 7
12 hours ago, DiamondGirl said:

Yes, I think there was a bedroom upstairs and one by the garage which Tiffany said would be for Daniel.  The realtors said they would never put their child in the one that was so exposed to the outside or something to that effect.

And of course, burgler bars during a fire are always an excellent combination.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
On 8/13/2019 at 2:58 PM, Matty said:

Am I the only woman in America who refuses to purchase, own, wear a cold shoulder shirt? Looking at you Laura, Tiffany, Angela (on another 90 Days show), and there are probably others that I can't remember. The women with the hammy arms seem to like them a lot. Not a good look. 

No, I think they're ridiculous and can't even hide it. However I do think they're sometimes cute on other people. But when I see one in a store I'm like wtf... how is this cute on anyone!?

On 8/13/2019 at 10:46 PM, RealReality said:

So for Paul, karine was punching way above his weight class.  So she traded her relative good looks and youth for a chance to come to America. 

That's why Paul needed to look overseas that's desperate to get out. He could EASILY find someone just as nuts as him in the US except he doesn't want them and puts on a normal person persona when meeting girls online. 

On 8/14/2019 at 1:28 PM, nutella fitzgerald said:

I wonder if that outfit might look better on someone whose skin wasn’t the exact shade of those leggings (which does include most Indian women). Jenny’s denial about being an older white auntie is doing her no favors.

Nah, it doesn't - look at people of walmart photos and you'll see plenty of women with darker skin trying to wear them and they look just as bad.

However I think Jenny was wearing more of a pale yellow and thought her outfit was pretty. 

On 8/18/2019 at 12:10 PM, Wanda said:

Anybody think Sumee was more horrified when he heard Jenny dared leave the apartment because someone might see her rather than rape her? After all, she visited for a few months previously so his family and their friends know who she is and she kind of sticks out *eyeroll*.

No, he's been out with her in public plenty of times.  He seems to be genuinely concerned for her safety. Not just in that instance but in prior episodes too. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

No, he's been out with her in public plenty of times.  He seems to be genuinely concerned for her safety. Not just in that instance but in prior episodes too. 

But when she would go out with him he could control where and when and who might see them. I’m sure there’s some concern for her safety, but he left her for 2 weeks expecting her to stay locked up in the apt, never leaving? That just strikes me as more than a safety issue. I’ve been to the area they are living in. It’s not running rampant with murderous gangs. It’s not Tiffany and Ronalds’ neck of the woods.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Wanda said:

But when she would go out with him he could control where and when and who might see them. I’m sure there’s some concern for her safety, but he left her for 2 weeks expecting her to stay locked up in the apt, never leaving? That just strikes me as more than a safety issue. I’ve been to the area they are living in. It’s not running rampant with murderous gangs. It’s not Tiffany and Ronalds’ neck of the woods.

could he be worried that his family would find her while he was gone?  i agree it's very bizarre.  even with a film crew she's not entirely safe unless she's got undercover people walking around her. a camera guy across the street isn't going to do much to help you if someone grabs you or wants to harm you. 

I think most of it is just added for dramatic purposes as he seemed to be most concerned about his family finding out she's there.