Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: Baby, Come Back!

• Start Topic

42 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Devan is so joyless.  And all the histrionics.  Welcome to your new life jihoon. 

You will be expected to do everything and devan will endlessly complain about how hard her life of letting jihoons mother raise her kids is and how many sacrifices she has made though I still don't know what work she has ever done besides catfish naive guys.  

I don't understand why devan would even want her own place.  I know for sure she is going to try to dump her kids on jihoons mother.

South Korea seems very crowded and nine months was likely not enough time.  She has no idea how the rental process happens or what the availability is of apartments on the market.  But, why ask any questions when you can be dramatic and histrionics....what a blow you've been dealt!

From the little I've seen about apartments in Korea, it seems like it's common to have to put down a very large deposit when you're renting. I'm not talking about first and last months rent. It's more like thousands and thousands of dollars. If you don't have an extremely large wad of cash to let a landlord use, your choices would be limited and the monthly rent would likely be sky high. This would be especially true for the size apartment Deaven is probably going to want. Living spaces are much tighter there than in Utah.

I really do hope that they're able to work things out though. Deaven is a pain, but Jihoon seems like a sweet guy. I love how he made sure to pay attention to Dracula too even while being overcome with seeing his son for the first time. I love parents Jihoon too. They deserve a better daughter in law. 

And I'm still wondering if they named Taeyang after the singer and if Deaven started looking for Korean guys in foreign websites just because she likes K-pop. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Deavan gave birth alone. Maybe this whole 90 Days thing should have been resolved prior to a pregnancy. Just a thought.

She can miss me with her histrionics because I refuse to believe that the man she had druscilla with at 18 was some paragon of virtue and responsible fatherhood.

I feel safe assuming that she gave birth alone that time too, and that would have likely been more scary and jarring as it was her first pregnancy.  If she survived that alone, I'm sure she was able to handle this alone. 

She is just loading up her guilt gun to deploy on jihoon at a moments notice.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

Tiffany is a moron and Ronald is a fucking dork, they deserve each other. 🖕🏻

And South Africa deserves them both.

Sorry South Africa.....better luck next time!

3 hours ago, iwasish said:

I don’t see that Jihoon has any real love for Deavan, he was looking for white, American ass and she wanted Asian dick. I think he’s acting the way he thinks he’s supposed to act. I’m sure his parents have been telling him he needs to grow up and get a real job. Fixing broken cell phones and isn’t going to support a family of 4.

Deavan clearly wants someone to support her and to take on parenting duty, since she has no idea what the hell she’s doing with her daughter.

So much the bolded.  It's one of the more annoying things about her.  If you're going to basically give nothing and demand everything....at least be cool or likable.  She is so joyless.  Jihoon is going to have a miserable life coming home to that shrew and those teeth every night.

However I think he could make good money at electronics repair.  An iPhone is like $700-$1000!  People who accidentally break their phone and it's not covered by insurance would pay good money to have it fixed.  If he can fix laptops and tablets he could make pretty decent money.  

1 hour ago, iwasish said:

Karine wants to sit on her ass at home and have someone else go out and work. She picked the wrong guy.  Or maybe her other fish figured out her game plan and got out of there. 

Sucks for her, but I think she picked the wrong fish.  She can't go back now, the best she can hope for is to catfish men with her old pics and videos.  

She isn't super pretty, but she has nice hair and she had a great body.  If she was interesting or witty or prettier she might have had another shot, but I don't think so. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, cynic said:

From the little I've seen about apartments in Korea, it seems like it's common to have to put down a very large deposit when you're renting. I'm not talking about first and last months rent. It's more like thousands and thousands of dollars. If you don't have an extremely large wad of cash to let a landlord use, your choices would be limited and the monthly rent would likely be sky high. This would be especially true for the size apartment Deaven is probably going to want. Living spaces are much tighter there than in Utah.

Have a family member who moved to Korea to teach english. (ballsy move that. I could never. I'm a homebody thank you) She got an apartment but whether being something that was automatically provided I don't recall.  It was small...tiny actually by our standards.

She met and married a nice Korean fella with a professional career soon after and got married after an appropriate amount of time, lol.  She had their baby over there and they all came to the US a few months after she was born about year and a half ago. 

She says that having a baby plus being married for over three years qualified them (her husband actually as she is a citizen and the baby by birth) for a different, bit 'easier' visa.

Something about 'time and money' and '3-6 months'.  Says they had to time it for the planned move to the US, because, 'you have 3 months to pick up the visa from the airport upon arrival before it expires' ....whatever that means. Trying to get details about anything via texting is a PITA, lol

Edited by 100Proof
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, iwasish said:

Clean up one mess,  before creating another.

This is exactly what Paul's mother said to him and he flipped out when she said it! Paul does not want to clean up any mess he has made and what makes him mad is that it is no ones fault but his own.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Honey said:

Jenny was wearing flesh colored pants/leggings under the tunic.  This is the reason no one should ever wear flesh colored leggings.  They are flattering to NO ONE, and it looks like you're nekkid from the waist down.

That is a fashion trend that escapes me. At first look I thought she had forgotten her pants.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Daeven is a drama Queen. People have C sections everyday, it is not a death warrant.

She was acting like it was a only done once before thing, C sections happen, she made is seem like it was going to be some third world, rusty knife, doctors have never done this before sort of thing.

My thought was she said that the baby would arrive early but I think she had been a bit further along when she met Jihoon, this would be a full term baby much like Phaedra of RHoA lied about her conception date and said she was having a preemie but the doctor stated it was a full term baby.  Deavan's dates most likely do not line up with Jihoon's first visit, she might have met some other Korean first and things did not work out.  Jihoon should pull a Pole and ask for a DNA test.

• Love 10

So Tiffany doesn't want to but chooses to live in an unsafe dump with a man who is an addict making peanuts at the wellness center (the only job he can probably get) and wants to get pregnant right away.  

I'm guessing getting pregnant right away actually means she already is pregnant but wants to pretend it happened after pregnancy.   No one could truly be that stupid right? Other than Devan? 

7 hours ago, RealReality said:

She isn't super pretty, but she has nice hair and she had a great body.  If she was interesting or witty or prettier she might have had another shot, but I don't think so. 

She had a great body.  Something tells me along with now having her dad's face, she'll have her mom's body post pregnancy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
21 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

So Summit quits his job immediately after Jenny arrives because he feels he has to spend time with her, doesn't want to leave her alone because he looooooves her so much, then he leaves her for an undisclosed amount of time, tells her he doesn't know when he will be back because he has to go to his parents? And leaves her all alone! This guy is a freeloading POS. 

Exactly!  I think he's a master manipulator. Despite having catfished her for months on end, it seems likes most people on this board have been charmed by him.  She's been criticized non-stop on this board for being too dependent on him.  What?  She's in a foreign country with him and he fucking disappears.  I wouldn't be surprised if he his "parents" was  some other old American woman in another apartment he visits.  This guy is either shady AF or a huge pussy that can't tell his parents the truth about his relationship. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Exactly!  I think he's a master manipulator. Despite having catfished her for months on end, it seems likes most people on this board have been charmed by him.  She's been criticized non-stop on this board for being too dependent on him.  What?  She's in a foreign country with him and he fucking disappears.  I wouldn't be surprised if he his "parents" was  some other old American woman in another apartment he visits.  This guy is either shady AF or a huge pussy that can't tell his parents the truth about his relationship. 

I’m not a fan of Jenny but Sumit is even worse.  He needed to make the choice between Jenny and his family before she moved there instead of spinning his ever-growing web of lies.  Is he being honest with anyone at all?!

• Love 9
20 hours ago, Ki-in said:

On average 50 people are murdered in South Africa every single day. 

The country has one of the highest rates of rape in the world, with some 65,000 rapes and other sexual assaults reported

South Africa has a high record of carjacking when compared with other industrialised countries

Cash-in-transit (CIT) heists have at times reached epidemic proportions in South Africa

Kidnapping in South Africa is common, with over 4,100 occurring in the 2013/2014 period. A child is reported missing every five hours (not all due to kidnapping), of which 23% are not located

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_South_Africa

Wow.  I will never understand why someone's dick is more important than the safety of her own child.  And when you add addict and felon to it, it's like uprooting your kid to an unsafe place for a diseased dick.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I can't figure out Summit. He doesn't seem like a con artist to me, which of course could make him the best con artist ever. If he has a wife and kids, why was he looking online and hooked up with a 60 year old gal and actually encouraged her to move there. He is willing to be seen in public with her as long as it is nowhere near his parents. I just don't get it. I though he might be gay as well but then you'd expect that he hooked up with Jenny so his parents could see he is "not" gay and think "Well, at least he's with someone."

If Sumit was gay couldn't he find a woman in India who'd be willing to play the part? If he had a job at a call center he likely interacted with women every day. Did he think that an older lady wouldn't be interested in sex so he'd be off the hook? He has no trouble showing Jenny physical affection. That he's 30 and not married is suspicious, especially since he shows no signs of being unconventional or free spirited in any other aspect of his life. Is he just after her social security? He started out catfishing her. It appears that he's not a very good scammer.

12 hours ago, IllLitShips said:

I like Deavan, but I don't know when she is going to realize it sounds foolish to say she doesn't know if Jihoon can support her and that she barely knows him when they both consented to have unprotected sex and a life. Like you went through all the trouble to win his parents approval and show them a nice time in America to emphasize you don't know Jihoon. I am sure it just fear and nervousness about the next steps in life that she is taking that is making her say such silly things,  but really.  It's obvious they both care for each other and he wants to be a father to Drusilla. Stop doubting Jihoon. He is one of the most normal people who have been in franchise. 

I don't much care for Deavan but I love Jihoon and I agree, he seems sincere, he cares for Deavan and her feral hellspawn (who may just be a very active, undisciplined child, though I still have concerns about her apparent speech delays). Deavan could be one of those women who isn't happy unless she's unhappy. If her guy was mean and treated her bad she'd be all over him. Jihoon is kind and treats her with respect, so she shits all over him. I really feel that he's doing his best and trying so hard to please. It will never be enough for Deavan. She's such a drip. Its not like she brings anything to the table. She's not clever or kind or witty or intelligent or fun. Jihoon is no rocket scientist but he's sweet. His family is kind and supportive. Deavan could do so much worse. And probably will, after she sucks all the joy in life out of Jihoon and his family and returns to the US.

• Love 13
15 hours ago, Teri313 said:

Anyone else notice all the signs in English when Jenny was in the rickshaw? A car that looked like a taxi that said "TOURIST" on the windshield, store fronts that said "JAGGA BUS SERVICE," "BABA CYBER CAFE," "[indecipherable] PAINTERS & PRINTERS," sidewalk signs that said "PHOTOSTAT/PRINT OUTS/RESUME/FLEX BOARD/PUMPHLETS"(sic), a billboard across from the employment agency of a Honda scooter with "2999 LOW DOWN PAYMENT Love is Growing" - and tons more. The employment agency even had a sign next to the front door that said "Computer Operator, Security Guard, Housekeeping, Banking..." But she can't find anybody to speak English with. Even the employment agency guy clearly had SOME English, which she didn't understand either.

English is widely spoken in India, especially the cities with call centers. If Jenny can work in India, she would be An asset in a call center, probably be hired at the team leader level. The call center jobs have as high or higher attrition rates as they do in the US. They are always hiring. Her knowledge of US customs would be valuable to them. She would easily move up to at least a trainer role. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
22 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don't know if Sumit is gay, but I know he's hiding something.  I suspect a wife and children.  

It kind of upsets me that people think a man has to be gay if he's with an older/heavyset/or older heavyset black woman.  Like no man could EVER be attracted to someone who's not a tall thin blonde.  

Well, if Jenny had some sparkling personality, I might think you are right to be upset.  But based on the personality we've seen so far, it's hard to imagine someone wanting to bring her over to his country b/c he's desperately in love with her.

That said, Sumit isn't some young studly man, so I am not going the gay route.  If he was some really attractive man who brings along this sourpuss woman along, I might go with the gay question.  But I think he's working some angle.  

Of course, it's totally possible for an attractive man to fall in love with an older less attractive woman.  Younger women have been doing that for ages.  Usually they have a really fat wallet though in both cases.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, iwasish said:

I don’t see that Jihoon has any real love for Deavan, he was looking for white, American ass and she wanted Asian dick. I think he’s acting the way he thinks he’s supposed to act. I’m sure his parents have been telling him he needs to grow up and get a real job. Fixing broken cell phones and isn’t going to support a family of 4. Hell, he says his house now doesn’t have hot water. She’s going to love that. Getting that red shit off her face with cold water !! Bathing a baby with water heated on the stove? Those two will scald him!

I think that's the issue with a lot of these folks.  One is looking for an American, white maybe but American yes; the other one is looking for someone "exotic."  They meet and BOOM.....

giphy.gif

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I think that's the issue with a lot of these folks.  One is looking for an American, white maybe but American yes; the other one is looking for someone "exotic."  They meet and BOOM.....

giphy.gif

More like BOOM!! WE’RE PREGNANT!!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

Aww, that is so sad.  Recovery is hard work, and I wish recovering people all the luck that can be mustered.

And thats the issue here, Recovery is hard work and must be focused on.  Usually it is stressed that early recovery is not a good time for big changes. Dont start school, a new relationship, a marriage etc. This situation is a recipe for disaster. This wont end well for either of them.

• Love 12

I think the huge deposit for an apartment is called "Key Money".    I think it's something like prepaying the rent for the lease period, or a big part of the lease.   Hopefully, it prevents squatters, and landlords never getting paid.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

Another thing I don’t get....

when Pole and Kreeny were looking at houses to rent, the first one was 1100 USD per month.  In the Amazon village where Kreeny’s family live?  That seems like a huge cost compared to the relative poverty there.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I haven't been keeping up enough to snark consistently but I must say it was a whole hoot seeing Jenny struggle her way down to the employment agency. Her sheer and utter aghast-ness at not getting a cab right away, having a language barrier and being considered an illegal just screamed "But I'm a white lady!!!" 

I should not be surprised that SA couple put the cart before the horse and are NOW trying to find a suitable place to live. With a young child no less. 

I expected Paul to do his signature trot from the house after getting so frustrated about well, everything but then...... Did this MF just go in the chicken coop?????? 😂🤣😂💀 👻 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

If Sumit was gay couldn't he find a woman in India who'd be willing to play the part? If he had a job at a call center he likely interacted with women every day. Did he think that an older lady wouldn't be interested in sex so he'd be off the hook? He has no trouble showing Jenny physical affection. That he's 30 and not married is suspicious, especially since he shows no signs of being unconventional or free spirited in any other aspect of his life. Is he just after her social security? He started out catfishing her. It appears that he's not a very good scammer.

I don't much care for Deavan but I love Jihoon and I agree, he seems sincere, he cares for Deavan and her feral hellspawn (who may just be a very active, undisciplined child, though I still have concerns about her apparent speech delays). Deavan could be one of those women who isn't happy unless she's unhappy. If her guy was mean and treated her bad she'd be all over him. Jihoon is kind and treats her with respect, so she shits all over him. I really feel that he's doing his best and trying so hard to please. It will never be enough for Deavan. She's such a drip. Its not like she brings anything to the table. She's not clever or kind or witty or intelligent or fun. Jihoon is no rocket scientist but he's sweet. His family is kind and supportive. Deavan could do so much worse. And probably will, after she sucks all the joy in life out of Jihoon and his family and returns to the US.

Being gay IMO, is harder with Jenny.  Jenny is looking for romantic love, passion, intense feelings.  

If sumit married a woman from his neighborhood, she would likely just be looking for a man to marry and make babies with.  I doubt many people divorce and if anyone found out sumit was "gay" she would be judged too. 

So, if sumit married a local girl she probably wouldn't be too upset if he turned out to be in the closet.  

In a culture where, as some of you have pointed out, women aren't treated as equals and are blamed for rape and sexual assault, a local girl might breathe a sigh of relief knowing that she won't be forced into marital sex if she doesn't want it. 

Devan is the worst.  I feel especially stabby about her because I think jihoon is a nice guy who is trying his hardest and will continue to do so. 

She will always be a miserable shrew who feels she is owed a life where she does absolutely nothing.  I fully expect she will whine that she is "bored", and "has nothing to do all day" in Korea.  It will somehow all be jihoons fault.

The guys who are the male equivalent of devan would never stick around.  

• Love 5
17 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I really hope Paul's mom doesn't get involved and just lets Paul finally face consequences for his actions.  I laughed out loud when Paul said he should return to the U.S. where he can quickly find a job and earn money.  Sigh.  

Paul asked his mother in another episode and she put her foot down and said no.  Way to go, Momma Paul! He then proceeded to have a tantrum in the car, essentially blaming her for his shitty life, and that she was sabotaging "FAMILY." 

This was all right before he had an airport meltdown because he couldn't bring all of his giant bags full of stuffed-in crap he had planned to bring, and instead of perhaps leaving one behind for later, or editing his choices, he just cancelled his flight and went home in a snit.

Do we think Paul's coping skills may be a little bit underdeveloped?

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
15 minutes ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

I haven't been keeping up enough to snark consistently but I must say it was a whole hoot seeing Jenny struggle her way down to the employment agency. Her sheer and utter aghast-ness at not getting a cab right away, having a language barrier and being considered an illegal just screamed "But I'm a white lady!!!" 

I wanted to slap her, for real. "I'm not illegal" she protests, with chagrin. Jenny. Did you have your passport and documents with you? Did you spend even five minutes with Google while you were at the cyber cafe and find out what you would need to be able to work in India? Lets not even go to your unbridled arrogance at sashaying into the employment agency and continuing to speak English to a person who said he didn't understand you. Though I think he understood her fine. Either production suggested he pretend not to speak English, or he came up with the "no English" because he didn't want to deal with her superior white ass. "No English, Memsahib" hahahahahaha. Next week I bet we hear some choice words from Jenny about the "disrespectful" locals. Just a hunch.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

That is a fashion trend that escapes me. At first look I thought she had forgotten her pants.

That reminds me of one of my all time favorite reality moments-Marie from Intervention. Carried a half gallon of Popov vodka in her oversized purse. Someone came to take her to a wedding, and she bellowed out in a possibly Brooklyn accent, “I GOT NO PANTS!”.

Yes Marie was pant less, and she did bring the vodka to the wedding. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Jenny was wearing flesh colored pants/leggings under the tunic.  This is the reason no one should ever wear flesh colored leggings.  They are flattering to NO ONE, and it looks like you're nekkid from the waist down.

Flesh colored anything, except for underwear and bras is a mistake. I saw a girl wearing flesh colored workout pants the other day and did a doubletake, since she looked naked from the waist down. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, ChiMama said:

I think English is pretty commonly used in India, which explains all of the call centers based there  . . . taking calls from Americans in Kansas City dissatisfied with their Amazon purchase and talking to "Jason" (who is actually in Mumbai).

I still laugh when I remember the commercials a few years back with a hefty possibly-Russian guy in a shack in a snowbound tundra taking calls saying “My name Peggy...”

15 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I wanted to slap her, for real. "I'm not illegal" she protests, with chagrin. Jenny. Did you have your passport and documents with you? Did you spend even five minutes with Google while you were at the cyber cafe and find out what you would need to be able to work in India? Lets not even go to your unbridled arrogance at sashaying into the employment agency and continuing to speak English to a person who said he didn't understand you. Though I think he understood her fine. Either production suggested he pretend not to speak English, or he came up with the "no English" because he didn't want to deal with her superior white ass. "No English, Memsahib" hahahahahaha. Next week I bet we hear some choice words from Jenny about the "disrespectful" locals. Just a hunch.

Plus she didn’t even bother to listen to him - he said it was illegal to work without documents.  He didn’t tell her she was there illegally.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6

Deavan's dates most likely do not line up with Jihoon's first visit, she might have met some other Korean first and things did not work out.

My theory as well. I remember her saying when we first “met” her that she likes Asian men and had recently gotten out of a relationship. Then they didn’t use bc for two weeks at the hot sheet motel and she had a positive (as Pole would say) “prenency” test right before Jihoon left.

As Maury would say, ”Jihoon, you are NOT the father!” 

She also referred to her caesarean birth as “high risk” for dramatic purposes. 

• Love 17
11 hours ago, RealReality said:

Sucks for her, but I think she picked the wrong fish.  She can't go back now, the best she can hope for is to catfish men with her old pics and videos.  

12 hours ago, RealReality said:

I'd bet she is sending random american men old pictures and videos of her.  And they have no idea that she is pregnant.

I think we have the MO figured out.  The Learning Channel sure has taught us well!

• Love 3

At first I thought Sumit and Jenny might be the "real deal" and I felt sorry for them, but I've since changed my mind. Remember when we saw the outside of Sumit's parents' building when he went to talk to them but the camera crew had to remain outside? He could have a wife and even children living there, too. Maybe four years ago when Jenny stayed with his parents, he wasn't married but now he is. Perhaps his plan was to bring Jenny over and keep her in an apartment to harvest her American Dollars but it turns out she's disappointingly poor and now he doesn't know how to get rid of her. His friends must be in on the "That Jenny?" scam. He seems sweet and charming, but anyone who catfished a woman online for months posing as a handsome Englishman and then claims to have fallen in love with his gullible fish is just a sleaze, IMO. 

I guess they must have only texted each other at first, when he pretending to be British, because if they'd spoken on the phone she would have known right away he wasn't in the UK. 

That reminds me, what was the movie or TV series about the call centers in India where they explained how the people with the best American accented English got to work for the more prestigious companies like Amazon and Microsoft? 

• Love 5
On 8/13/2019 at 11:21 AM, bichonblitz said:

So Summit quits his job immediately after Jenny arrives because he feels he has to spend time with her, doesn't want to leave her alone because he looooooves her so much, then he leaves her for an undisclosed amount of time, tells her he doesn't know when he will be back because he has to go to his parents? And leaves her all alone! This guy is a freeloading POS. 

I don't know what the story is with Sumit, either--he didn't have that great a job to start with, but whose idea was it to ditch their only source of income to move into what he described as an expensive apartment so he could "spend more time with Jenny?"  It smacks to me of producer-drive because it doesn't seem like anything a sane person would do.

And what about Jenny?  She's 60, I think, and plenty of American women of that age are working full-time.  Did she expect to find a job in India right away?  Her $6000 cushion must be getting pretty flat by now--does she know what the requirements for an alien to be able to work in India are?  And why wasn't the issue of her getting a job addressed while Sumit was there with her in the apartment?  Were they just too busy with the jiggy-jiggy?  I hope she brought plenty of K-Y; a woman her age is probably not pumping out much estrogen, and the extra lubrication would be a blessing.

Seems to me she'd be a welcome employee at Sumit's call center, what with her American accent and all.

Edited to add:  Now that I've caught up with reading all the previous posts, I realize that everything I say has been said before, often more clearly.  Sorry folks; move along.  Nothing to see here.

Edited by Mothra
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, magemaud said:

That reminds me, what was the movie or TV series about the call centers in India where they explained how the people with the best American accented English got to work for the more prestigious companies like Amazon and Microsoft? 

Outsourced?

I really want to see Sumit’s parents!

• Love 3

Devan is an idiot for all the reasons pointed out in this thread, but I can't figure out Jihoon and his parents. Apparently, he's not the oldest son so he doesn't have the same responsibilities toward his parents that goes with that role. wants. Still, Koreans value education, work, and reputation. While living at home isn't unusual, Jihoon's lack of company employment, ditzy goth girlfriend with fatherless kid, and now baby presumably with Jihoon are not situations that would make Korean parents happy. These people are unusually kind. Maybe they blame themselves for spoiling him. 

As for Jenny, she lived with Sumit's family for several months, so his parents must be real. If this is scripted, she is in on it too. I hope the truth escapes somehow. 

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Mothra said:

I don't know what the story is with Sumit, either--he didn't have that great a job to start with, but whose idea was it to ditch their only source of income to move into what he described as an expensive apartment so he could "spend more time with Jenny?"  It smacks to me of producer-drive because it doesn't seem like anything a sane person would do.

And what about Jenny?  She's 60, I think, and plenty of American women of that age are working full-time.  Did she expect to find a job in India right away?  Her $6000 cushion must be getting pretty flat by now--does she know what the requirements for an alien to be able to work in India are?  And why wasn't the issue of her getting a job addressed while Sumit was there with her in the apartment?  Were they just too busy with the jiggy-jiggy?  I hope she brought plenty of K-Y; a woman her age is probably not pumping out much estrogen, and the extra lubrication would be a blessing.

Seems to me she'd be a welcome employee at Sumit's call center, what with her American accent and all.

Heading to any country to live with $6000 when you aren't fluent in the language and unfamiliar with the culture is likely a terrible idea.

But I got the impression that things there were relatively inexpensive.  Isn't rent like $350 a month?  Her very first move should have been to find employment but should she be panicked about money yet?

I guess she'd make a good call center employee, but I also wonder if the average workplace in India allows the type of hours and breaks that we have become accustomed to in the US.

It's weird that sumits job seems subpar because he bought Jenny's plane ticket when she visited before.  That seems like quite an outlay of money if he didn't have a good job 

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, magemaud said:

At first I thought Sumit and Jenny might be the "real deal" and I felt sorry for them, but I've since changed my mind. Remember when we saw the outside of Sumit's parents' building when he went to talk to them but the camera crew had to remain outside? He could have a wife and even children living there, too. Maybe four years ago when Jenny stayed with his parents, he wasn't married but now he is. Perhaps his plan was to bring Jenny over and keep her in an apartment to harvest her American Dollars but it turns out she's disappointingly poor and now he doesn't know how to get rid of her. His friends must be in on the "That Jenny?" scam. He seems sweet and charming, but anyone who catfished a woman online for months posing as a handsome Englishman and then claims to have fallen in love with his gullible fish is just a sleaze, IMO. 

I guess they must have only texted each other at first, when he pretending to be British, because if they'd spoken on the phone she would have known right away he wasn't in the UK. 

That would be the juiciest drama EVER!!!!!

What a blow jenny will be dealt!

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, RealReality said:

But, why ask any questions when you can be dramatic and histrionics....what a blow you've been dealt!

"Where's MY yellow brick road????"  😄 

(A gem I use frequently courtesy of Penny from my 600-Lb Life, who was a walking disaster of a human being wallowing in self-pity and denial.)

Edited by Persnickety1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 7
50 minutes ago, magemaud said:

It reminds me of "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel"--Judy Dench doing trainings for the Indian employees.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, NannyBails said:

Daniel should go live with his grandmother or his aunt or, heck, me.  I can buy him good candy!  Only problem is he can't run and scream when he gets excited, like he's done on the show.  He'd freak my dog out.  

He is so sweet, I would take him too! 

I will say that for all of Tiffany's faults, she is pretty good with him (other than moving him from the only home, family and friends that he has known to live in a dangerous country).  When he was clicking that shark in her face, I was impressed that she didn't grab it out of his hands and yell "knock it off!" (like I may have done with my own kid... recently...)  

16 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

That cyber cafe was a real shithole amongst a bunch of other shitholes. 

That place was disgusting!  It was filthy dirty, I wouldn't have touched anything in that place.  I got anxiety just watching.  

16 hours ago, iwasish said:

You talked to Jason too! He was so nice and got my order all squared away. 

Jason didn't help ME - in fact he told me that he would not listen to me curse at him, and he transferred me to his manager, Mike Jones.

13 hours ago, RealReality said:

I go back and forth with karine because I wonder if Paul didn't sell her a bill of goods pre-pregnancy and she bought it in spite of all the red flags because she was desperate.

She knew about things in his past, but did she really know it would mean that he couldn't sponsor her in the US?  

His past run-ins with the law are not what is preventing him from sponsoring her in the US.  It is the fact that he doesn't make enough money to sponsor her, and his parents refuse to help (and rightly so!) 

Remember when the lawyer told him that he needs to make at least $20,000/year to sponsor her and he blew his top!  He was like, "WELL IT MIGHT AS WELL BE A MILLION!!!"  He has zero chance of (ever) making that.  

12 hours ago, RealReality said:

However I think he could make good money at electronics repair.  An iPhone is like $700-$1000!  People who accidentally break their phone and it's not covered by insurance would pay good money to have it fixed.  If he can fix laptops and tablets he could make pretty decent money.  

Jihoon doesn't repair phones - he buys used and sells them.  He probably makes like $50/phone if that.  I remember he came across a phone that didn't work and seemed perplexed.  I don't think he has any skills.  

• Love 8
14 hours ago, RealReality said:

South Korea seems very crowded and nine months was likely not enough time.  She has no idea how the rental process happens or what the availability is of apartments on the market.  But, why ask any questions when you can be dramatic and histrionics....what a blow you've been dealt!

I do love this phrase "what a blow I/we've been dealt." Its supremely dramatic and so self indulgent. I have friend who has been dealt tremendous challenges, difficulties and losses in her life and bless her she keeps trucking along and does her best all day every day. If anybody has the right to appropriately use that phrase it'd be her and I wouldn't blame her an ounce for it. Coming out of Jenny's mouth is just plain funny though.

13 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

This was a very depressing episode.

Pole is so obviously slow-witted, with zero sense of humor, intelligence, or knowledge of,  well,  anything, that he is painful to watch as he puts on that aggrieved "attempt at deep thinking" face. 

Kareeenie is a pathetic sap who thought "American" meant "moneyed."

Jenny is a deluded senior citizen of whom Sumit, IMO, is one phone call short of telling her he's "Jason from Microsoft."

Sumit is that rara avis, an unambitious Indian. 

Jihoon looks like Richard Ramirez, the Night Stalker. But at least he's not demanding a DNA test on the baby. 

Deavan gave birth alone. Maybe this whole 90 Days thing should have been resolved prior to a pregnancy. Just a thought.

They really are a sad bunch. Tiffany and Ronald/Donald whatever his name is at least seem to like each other so that's a positive thing. There is no obvious chemistry, passion or attraction between any of these couples from what we can see. What is the draw? I don't get it.

5 hours ago, sasha206 said:

So Tiffany doesn't want to but chooses to live in an unsafe dump with a man who is an addict making peanuts at the wellness center (the only job he can probably get) and wants to get pregnant right away.  

I'm guessing getting pregnant right away actually means she already is pregnant but wants to pretend it happened after pregnancy.   No one could truly be that stupid right? Other than Devan? 

She had a great body.  Something tells me along with now having her dad's face, she'll have her mom's body post pregnancy.

Kareeney SO looks like her dad now. I've been thinking that for the past couple of weeks. This poor baby is in for one helluva shitshow after they're born. I can't wait to see Paul wrapping  them up in bulletproof swaddling and mosquito netting.

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

It reminds me of "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel"--Judy Dench doing trainings for the Indian employees.

I saw that, but I think I'm mixing it up with "Outsourced" which was both a movie and a short lived TV series. 

3 hours ago, Drogo said:

Pole: "I could be making tons of money in the U.S."

90DF Universe:  

giphy.gif

How many tons of shit would he have to shovel to make $ 26K? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

My new addiction is watching two of the best guys who bust Indian call scammers on YouTube. They are brilliant with car sound effects and Walmart sounds and dead pan delivery in various accents. Their  mission is to waste as much of their time as they can before busting their chops. I’m hard of hearing and Indian accents from call centers are the worst for me.  I resent that we use them for customer service. She’s a fool and deserves what she’s getting after 5 years to figure things out.  Supposedly the scammers believe our government gives our citizens back money they’ve lost to these cretins.

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, Honey said:

I wonder if that outfit might look better on someone whose skin wasn’t the exact shade of those leggings (which does include most Indian women). Jenny’s denial about being an older white auntie is doing her no favors.

I still can’t figure out what Sumit’s angle is here. If he wanted to scam her for money or a green card, shouldn’t he have realized this was the wrong mark when she didn’t have the financial means to export him to America? I don’t think he brought her over as a beard, since lying about her even being in India defeats the purpose of that. Could it just be ordinary incompetence?

• Love 4
On 8/13/2019 at 10:46 PM, RealReality said:

The type of guy that travels overseas for a wife is generally not looking for the one who already has a mouth to feed.  These guys are doing their relationship math, and they know it's a buyers market.  Unless karine was smoking hot or had an amazing personality, she is stuck with Paul. 

Sometimes I think that (they have to be smoking hot or have an amazing personality) then I remember Evilyn. 

Edited by renatae
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

still can’t figure out what Sumit’s angle is here. If he wanted to scam her for money or a green card, shouldn’t he have realized this was the wrong mark when she didn’t have the financial means to export him to America? I don’t think he brought her over as a beard, since lying about her even being in India defeats the purpose of that. Could it just be ordinary incompetence?

Maybe when she forgave him for catfishing her he concluded that finding someone with that generous a spirit was rare and he should be similarly forgiving of her flaws.

• Love 2